Hmm, so we have a bit over 8 arete right now.

For reasons we will probably be getting 10 from outside sources today.

That puts us in range of OaF + Echo for this vote.

How can you not know the name of the future Quee- ah, yeah, she does that sometimes. Actually, that'd be an incredible impediment to ruling, if you're suddenly extremely unimportant intermittently. Adverbly.
Selectively applied it'd be a great test of loyalty, an Aeira who's mastered her Element might be able to erase parts of people's perception of her. Remove her courtiers' fear, and see which of them remain loyal... the Shadowcord Shogunate would've been an interesting regime.

[X] Sky Veil [7 Arete]
[X] Agents of the Throne

DoItForHungerAndMinions.jpg

Edit: I don't particularly enjoy the description of charisma doing shit like this either so it would be nice to control it, might become very useful in Human Sphere, who might have ways to deal with memetic hazards.

Last edited:
[X] Honing [2 Arete]
[X] Regimentation

Honing is incredibly strong (more so thank a few more physical +'s would be currently), unlocks even stronger advancements down the line and is within our budget. The other options are certainly very shiny but we've already been shockingly greedy, let's cash in and move on. Besides, the more we spend here, the less Arete we'll have to spend on the rewards of the Tyrant or the secrets of the Walls or when we finally murder Bearic.

Selectively applied it'd be a great test of loyalty, an Aeira who's mastered her Element might be able to selectively erase parts of people's perception of her. Remove her courtiers' fear, and see which of them remain loyal... the Shadowcord Shogunate would've been an interesting regime.
It's below Hunger's level of fucks (and mine), but that could still work in the current setup. Shadowcord and GDS to see who jumps at the "opportunity." Nah, we got towers to knock down.

[x] Without Form
[x] Honing
[x] Take More Echoes

A 1% yearly risk over a century has a 66% chance of total destruction. Somewhat risky over the short term is super dangerous in the long term.

Yeah but, it didn't mention it was only somewhat risky over the short term. If it was gauranteed to destroy the sovereignty over a course of time that Hunger is liable to rule through and he has no way to mitigate that with future abilites it's weird to phrase it as only somewhat risky.

We would probably have ADS before Aeira has that level of control, which would make such tests... problematic. I suppose we could turn it off.

Yeah but, it didn't mention it was only somewhat risky over the short term. If it was gauranteed to destroy the sovereignty over a course of time that Hunger is liable to rule through and he has no way to mitigate that with future abilites it's weird to phrase it as only somewhat risky.
I was going by the potentially-incorrect interpretation the timeframe of "by the time we return" from Regimentation was the time frame for all of them.

*The safest option, almost guaranteed not to blow up the Kingdom by the time you return.

Current vote count?

She has that effect on people, yeah.

[X] Sky Veil [7 Arete]
[X] Agents of the Throne

DoItForHungerAndMinions.jpg

Edit: I don't particularly enjoy the description of charisma doing shit like this either so it would be nice to control it, might become very useful in Human Sphere, who might have ways to deal with memetic hazards.

Charisma, like Strength, is a dangerous tool to wield without the ability to dial it down... Skyveil's prudent!

Let's also remember that stealth based upgrades will also make for us going after Huntress Moon's target far more easier once we are in the Human Sphere. If we can't deal with them subtly, we might get an entire polity after us if we go after someone high ranking enough.

Last edited:
We would probably have ADS before Aeira has that level of control, which would make such tests... problematic. I suppose we could turn it off.
Do Stances work even if you're lying down? :thonk: All-Defeating Stance clearly does, and World-Defeating as well... wait, no, stupid question. If they're all De-Feeting Stances it doesn't matter if your feet are on the ground.

Selectively applied it'd be a great test of loyalty, an Aeira who's mastered her Element might be able to selectively erase parts of people's perception of her. Remove her courtiers' fear, and see which of them remain loyal... the Shadowcord Shogunate would've been an interesting regime.
I would hope she'd be smarter than that. No fear means no acknowledgement of the logical consequences of power going outwards, meaning you would also exclude everyone who is loyal to you as an entity rather than as an ideal. All you'd retain are those within your slavish cult of personality, and those too paranoid to trust even their own emotions.

You're right, that would've been exciting to see in action.

[X] Honing

I am saving for Once and Future and I will not be dissuaded.

As for the damage to our minions, I never wanted them in the first place and I've voted against both of them at every turn. Teens have no place in our battles. The fact that voters spent Arete empowering them and dragging them with us changes nothing; I'm not spending even more Arete at this supremely critical time just to keep their brains intact.

We were told we need Once and Future to beat Ber. We are told that this is a Temple-tier opponent. I think that all signs point to this being a combat cursebearer, and when a voter mentioned Combat types as being merely 7.9 Rank Rihaku rated it funny, probably because we can expect Rank of 10+. The minor improvements we are being offered here are not good enough.

(And yes honing costs Arete, but 2 is small enough that I think it's worth it).

[X] Agents of the Throne

This gives us capable and loyal agents while at the same time creating a way for people who just can't fit into the system we built a way to contribute to society. The slight increase in super elites that Without Form gives isn't big enough to be worth the risk.

I was going by the potentially-incorrect interpretation the timeframe of "by the time we return" from Regimentation was the time frame for all of them.

Yeah fair enough then. If that is really the correct interpretation going for atleast thrones would be pretty much mandatory. I'll be honest,my first vote was kind of kneejerk. Regulating saiyans but with conceptual powers ability to, well, employ their abilities in violent context if nothing else isn't exactly a evil idea here, it seems pretty sensical.

Yeah fair enough then. If that is really the correct interpretation going for atleast thrones would be pretty much mandatory. I'll be honest,my first vote was kind of kneejerk. Regulating saiyans but with conceptual powers ability to, well, employ their abilities in violent context if nothing else isn't exactly a evil idea here, it seems pretty sensical.
Yeah. I'm not exactly saying we should go big brother. Just that it make sense people with super powers are both taught to use them and prove they can before they use them around other people. What happens if someone thinks they understand their surge but it turns out it has a secondary feature that isn't obvious that accidentally gets triggered and blows up a city block?

[ ] Honing - 2 Arete - The swift sharp blade that frees blood from body. Requires 3x Fierce Quickening (presently have 3x).
+++Agility, ++Wits. Add half your Wits to your Intelligence for purposes of combat.

For those that have forgotten, Honing is pretty badass. We've currently got 9 WITS post modifiers (from Quickening, Fierce Quickening, and GDS) which becomes 11 after taking Honing. Given that our intelligence is at a measly 4, it makes sense to literally double it (plus a little bit). Remember that it was intelligent tactics that let us beat Sten and Vanreir, not more stats or stronkness (although, the +++AGI does help). Increased INT gave us more options to deal with the Rotbeast. Just take Honing!

Beyond that, imagine EVEN MORE BLOOD ADVANCEMENTS

Save, even if Halo and Skyveil are the other options in this vote.

[x] Without Form
[x] Honing

Yeah. I'm not exactly saying we should go big brother. Just that it make sense people with super powers are both taught to use them and prove they can before they use them around other people. What happens if someone thinks they understand their surge but it turns out it has a secondary feature that isn't obvious that accidentally gets triggered and blows up a city block?
Ahh, you're making me take a second look. That "delicacy of the balance" is a bit ominous.
Training will emphasize the responsible usage of power and the delicacy of the balance by which Elementalists exist within, and are supported by, the society around them.
And the undercurrent of "It's clearly a good idea to design policy addressing this, so people will address it even without the policy being necessary" in this
*Somewhat risky, but social pressure and incentives can do most of the work of a policy, so long as the culture supports it. 'Not being destroyed by a rogue Elementalist' is a great incentive for people to support a culture of care towards these immense powers.
makes me think I might be taking things a biiiit too far, Agents is hardly unreasonable.

[X] Honing
[X] Agents of the Throne

Yeah, like Aoboru's lucky he's a prodigy, imagine how fucked up using Vigorflame on someone could be if he lost control for a second and accidentally scorched them with it instead?

fools. in your haste and arrogance, the best option is in the lead at the beginning of the vote cycle
we truly are doomed

[X] Vanquisher Halo [7 Arete]
[X] Without Form

Yeah, like Aoboru's lucky he's a prodigy, imagine how fucked up using Vigorflame on someone could be if he lost control for a second and accidentally scorched them with it instead?
Right. And what if Vigourflame had a really high margin before it got destructive? So it wasn't until he tried a major project involving tons of people that he pushed it hard enough that everything started to explode?

We know from Hunger the Elementalists don't get an innate sense of what their element does in full, so that seems like something that could have happened.

What's next, a toaster license!?

[X] Vanquisher Halo [7 Arete]
[X] Without Form

mmmmm love me some halos give me charisma mm

Back