Created at
Index progress
Ongoing
Watchers
Recent readers

Conspiracies, alien overlords, the Illuminati, all these things are often scapegoats blamed by paranoid individuals for the world's problems. However, the likelihood of these rumors being true is exceedingly low. In truth, humanity doesn't require an elaborate conspiracy to suffer or experience misery. Humanity's own stupidity, greed, and immorality are more than sufficient to screw themselves over.

However... What if I told you there exists a world where some of these seemingly farfetched tales hold a kernel of truth? A world where the notions of equality and freedom are even more elusive than in the realm you currently inhabit. A world where unseen hands pull the strings that control life as people know it.

Come let us explore this world together. And perhaps with time even change it.
Last edited:
Pre-pre-pre-Prologue: A Meeting Beyond Reality

Necropostmancer

MUAHAHAHAHAHA! ITS ALIVE! THE POST IS ALIVE!!!
Somewhere beyond the Dimension of the Soul
<Greetings, to you my distinguished guests. I greet those who lurk in the Cracks/Holes between worlds, those who stand beyond the Edge/Limits of mortal comprehension, those who are found at the ends of Enlightenment/Utopia/Eternity, those who exist at the apex of Innovation/Progress, and of course those who believe that this situation is nothing more than a Dream/Fantasy/Illusion/Unreality for them to casually toy with as they please, not knowing that they themselves are as much of a Dream/Reflection/Echo as they are the Dreamers/Reflected/Source.>

<I do not have many Names/Titles/Designations that can fit within such a limited reality as this one so you can simply call me,>

<PHARUSPEI>

<My Job/Task/Burden for this meeting is to act as a Regulator/Judge/Guide/Watcher. I shall outline and enforce the Rules/Agreements/Oaths/Contracts/Treaties/Compromises that both control and limit our interactions within this Slice/Section/Portion of Spacetime/Reality/Existence.>

<Firstly I shall outline our playing field. A small ball of dirt orbiting a flaming orb of gas known to its Inhabitants/Incarnations as Earth.>

<Secondly, I shall outline our goal. As with most Life/Soul bearing planets located within high-entropy, low-dimension universes, Earth spins in constant agony. Pain, Suffering, Loss, and other Emotions/Concepts that most sentient entities would consider negative are inevitable facts of life here. However, despite the planets dominant sapient species being communal and having an Average/Decent capacity for empathy, the amount of Suffering/Misery that Humanity inflicts upon itself is far higher than it has any right to be.>

<Thus our goal is simple, leave this world in a better state than we found it. "Better" being defined as what the local population would consider to be an overall improvement to their Lives/Existence. Before some of the more alien of my guests ask, forcing humanity to be Happy/Satisfied, or otherwise removing or dulling their capacity to feel what they perceive to be negative emotion is against my rules. If your mind is unable to comprehend why I have enacted this rule then you probably shouldn't be here in the first place.>

<Finally, I shall Remind/Inform you of the Restraints/Limitations that we would be wise to remain within. In order to prevent Reprisal/Escalation from those with desires and objectives that oppose our own, we shall refrain from any and all forms of direct intervention. That means NO Miracles/Impossibilities, NO Messiah/Avatars, And No Spontaneous Mass Rapture/Enlightenment! Any Group/Party/Entity found violating this rule will be tasked with spending as many millennia as required to clean the mess they made.>

<In order to keep the Consequences/Ripple-Effect of our actions to a manageable level, we shall focus our efforts on the manipulation of the Fate/Probability-Fields of one Individual/Incarnation. Our competition will not be able to notice our interference and even if they did those, Arrogant/Overconfident amateurs would probably ignore us. After all "what difference can one mortal make?" Heh, what fools.>
<So Come, My Companions, Let Us Show This World What Happens When You Put The Right Person In The Right Place At The Right Time. Let Us Guide Our Pawn to The Twisted Heart Of This Broken And Bleeding World. And Should They Find It Lacking?>

<THEN LET US HELP THEM TEAR IT ASUNDER!>

<However before we get to the fun stuff we should first decide which lost soul we should bless with our guidance. For starters who should we pick?>

[] The Nobody: Another forgettable face in the endless crowd. While this individual has an unusual skillset, their abilities at least for now remain entirely within the realm of mundanity. However, anonymity has its perks. They won't see them coming until it is far too late.

[] The Exception: An already shining star in the black void of this world. However, until recently subtlety ranked at the bottom of this individual's priority list. A potentially fatal mistake. The only question that remains to be answered is, Can this shining star save themselves before they get snuffed out?

Last edited:
[X] The Exception: An already shining star in the black void of this world. However, until recently subtlety ranked at the bottom of this individual's priority list. A potentially fatal mistake. The only question that remains to be answered is, Can this shining star save themselves before they get snuffed out?

If we are in danger because of our lack of subtlety that just means that we too subtle and they don't understand our true power! Everyone shall know and fear our greatness!

[x] The Nobody: Another forgettable face in the endless crowd. While this individual has an unusual skillset, their abilities at least for now remain entirely within the realm of mundanity. However, anonymity has its perks. They won't see them coming until it is far too late.

Let Us Show This World What Happens When You Put The Right Person In The Right Place At The Right Time.
As a Colleague / Upstart likes to say, "the right man in the wrong place can make all the difference in the world"
[X] The Nobody: Another forgettable face in the endless crowd. While this individual has an unusual skillset, their abilities at least for now remain entirely within the realm of mundanity. However, anonymity has its perks. They won't see them coming until it is far too late.

Last edited:
pre-pre-prologue
<The Nobody, a wise choice, after all, greatness can arise from even the most humble beginnings. Now which type of soul should we select?>

[]The Conspiracist: Deep down this soul understands a fundamental truth, the world that they live in is not as it should be. Rather than ignore this feeling, they search for its cause.

[]The Computer Whiz: A soul surrounded by technology. A tool tasked with servicing other tools. However, there is one small difference between this soul and the computers they service. Computers never doubt or question, something that this soul can't help but do.

[]The Scientist: A soul filled with boundless curiosity. Curiosity which over the course of their education has been carefully extinguished. Still, somewhere deep within their soul, a spark of innovation still resides.

[]The Occult Dabbler: Searching for meaning this soul has turned to places shunned by both religion and science. This soul is not sure what scares them more, the idea that the pagan faiths and occult rites that they read about are all a hoax, or the idea that they might not be.

[] The Believer: One of the ever-shrinking number of souls left in this world that still pray to some sort of higher power. However, deep down they doubt their beliefs. After all, where is their God now?

[]The Hippie: When faced with the problems of the world this soul decided that the only solution was unconditional love. Will they stay true to their morals, or will they decide that some people just don't deserve to be happy?

[X]The Computer Whiz: A soul surrounded by technology. A tool tasked with servicing other tools. However, there is one small difference between this soul and the computers they service. Computers never doubt or question, something that this soul can't help but do.

[X]The Computer Whiz: A soul surrounded by technology. A tool tasked with servicing other tools. However, there is one small difference between this soul and the computers they service. Computers never doubt or question, something that this soul can't help but do.

[X]The Scientist: A soul filled with boundless curiosity. Curiosity which over the course of their education has been carefully extinguished. Still, somewhere deep within their soul, a spark of innovation still resides.

[X]The Hippie: When faced with the problems of the world this soul decided that the only solution was unconditional love. Will they stay true to their morals, or will they decide that some people just don't deserve to be happy?

For some reason this makes me think of Jesus but a stoner which just seems funny to me.

[X]The Conspiracist: Deep down this soul understands a fundamental truth, the world that they live in is not as it should be. Rather than ignore this feeling, they search for its cause.

[-]The Hippie: When faced with the problems of the world this soul decided that the only solution was unconditional love. Will they stay true to their morals, or will they decide that some people just don't deserve to be happy?

STONER JESUS!! We will reach a helping bong, spread a message of peace, love, and weed.

EDIT - I changed my vote down below.

Last edited:
[X]The Conspiracist: Deep down this soul understands a fundamental truth, the world that they live in is not as it should be. Rather than ignore this feeling, they search for its cause.

[X]The Occult Dabbler: Searching for meaning this soul has turned to places shunned by both religion and science. This soul is not sure what scares them more, the idea that the pagan faiths and occult rites that they read about are all a hoax, or the idea that they might not be.

Surprised I'm the first to have voted for this one

Vote closed
Scheduled vote count started by Necropostmancer on May 11, 2023 at 6:07 PM, finished with 9 posts and 9 votes.

• [X]The Computer Whiz: A soul surrounded by technology. A tool tasked with servicing other tools. However, there is one small difference between this soul and the computers they service. Computers never doubt or question, something that this soul can't help but do.
    [X]The Hippie: When faced with the problems of the world this soul decided that the only solution was unconditional love. Will they stay true to their morals, or will they decide that some people just don't deserve to be happy?
    [X]The Scientist: A soul filled with boundless curiosity. Curiosity which over the course of their education has been carefully extinguished. Still, somewhere deep within their soul, a spark of innovation still resides.
    [X]The Occult Dabbler: Searching for meaning this soul has turned to places shunned by both religion and science. This soul is not sure what scares them more, the idea that the pagan faiths and occult rites that they read about are all a hoax, or the idea that they might not be.

Does anyone want to volunteer to be the tiebreaker?

Does anyone want to volunteer to be the tiebreaker?
I'll change my vote from Hippie to

Pre-prologue: Character Creation
<Ah the Computer Whiz, a fine choice. Few people in this world truly appreciate just how much they rely on technology, or just how many of their secrets are recorded on it. Control the tech and you control the world. Now that we have narrowed our selection of choices to a manageable fraction of infinity, it is time to pick the finer details of our Protégé/Window.>

[]Their Name

[]Their Age

[]Their Appearance (image)

[]Their Location

[]Their Attributes.

Each Attribute describes one of your character's strengths the average human has Attributes around 5 and the absolute peak of human ability is 10.,The attributes are; Strength (How physically strong your character is), Agility (how fast and nimble your character is), Willpower (How strong the character's strength of will is), Constitution (how tough and resilient the character is), Intelligence (How knowledgeable a character is), Wisdom (how good your character is at decision making) and Charisma (how good your character is at interacting with others).

As a Computer Whiz you start with the following Attribute Scores:

Strength: 4
Agility: 4
Constitution: 4
Intelligence: 7
Wisdom: 5
Charisma: 3
Willpower: 4

you have 16 attribute points which you can distribute during character creation to improve your starting attributes. It takes 1 point to set an Attribute to 4, 3 points to set it to 5, 6 points to set it to 6, and 10 points to set it to 7. You may not start the game with any attributes higher than 7.

[]Their Skills

Each skill describes something your character is good at, a skill rating of three is equal to a high school education while a skill rating of 5 is equal to having a doctorate in said area of expertise. A human who trained and/or studied a single skill their entire life would have a skill rating of 7. As a Computer Whiz, your character starts with these Skills

Medicine: 2

Perception: 1

Vehicle Handling: 3

Cars: 1

History: 3

Mathematics: 3

Science:2

Writing: 2

Programming: 4

You have 25 skill points which you can use to increase the skills above or purchase new ones setting a skill level to 1 will cost 1 point, setting it to 2 will cost 4 points, setting it to 3 will cost 9 points, and setting it to 4 will cost 16 points. A specialty is something your character focused on over the course of their education, you may purchase one specialty for each skill for 3 points each though you may learn more later. A list of all commonly available skills can be found in the post below.

Back