A Dream of Spring (FSN/Campione Quest)

Hmm? If you mean the 'evil' we've absorbed from cursed Excalibur, then I doubt that's gonna be affecting Shirou much.
Nah, Fixerupper said that anytime Shirou acts OOC, he's going to blame it on Angry Mango's influence.
I kind of regret removing that spoilery post since I'm apparently going to explain it all anyway. OTL

Avenger's ability to 'color that which is colorless' was transferred into Shirou when Shirou took on his Authority and became a Campione. Being a simple Campione as opposed to an omnipotent wishing device, this means that it mostly affects his magic (if you take him completely off the rails, I'm going to imply it's affecting his soul). For normal mages, this would be a huge blow to their abilities because all their utility magic suddenly carries the property of 'death', for a third-rate magus with him that has a specialization of 'swords' this isn't a huge deal because it's not like swords are usually used for trimming rosebushes and making food. He can still learn to purify his prana, but since the majority of his prana is derived from the corpse of an evil god, this isn't easy.

Edit: I didn't actually answer your questions: yes, yes, and yes.
Edit2: I realize that this might contradict some Campione lore, but I think it's more interesting this way.

You know, now that I'm thinking about it, we should have another pretty good weapon in our RM due to Acala showing up with a sword and noose. We should be able to trace his skills and strength with them, even if somewhat downgraded. I'm liking this already~

Last edited:
I don't want people switching their vote because of my post unless they're doing so because they misunderstood my original quest update. Don't feel bad for wanting to see blood and guts, I wouldn't be writing a Shirou-centric quest if I didn't expect to see him thrash and get thrashed at least twice a day.

*Shrugs* Well, thanks for worries, i guess, but speaking for myself if i change my vote it just means that other option is now preferable from my point of view. It may be new info, failure of an initial awareness/reading check, or just good arguments to do otherwise. So, if i would want blood and guts, i'll vote for it, even if the approach may change. Regarding this exact vote, i would likely change it anyway, as it also seems more IC *thinks about stopping writing obvious things*

The authority is all most certainly the reason the heritic god awoke in the first place, i.e. we started counting as a evil creature possibly near a temple/other holy location, given the intial description.

What good guy (or anti-evil guy) wouldn't react to a being that feels like pure evil.

Hmm? If you mean the 'evil' we've absorbed from cursed Excalibur, then I doubt that's gonna be affecting Shirou much.
We better hope the Authority has a addiontal effect (such as a stats boost) because otherwise we will have to rely on Rider to stay alive; since Excalibur burns us, and if all the authority does is absorb curses and maybe turn said curses into prana (which may also serve as a useful defence against the more potent curses diricted at us, I wonder which would deal with Rin's Gandr first (not saying it is potent enough to affect a Campione), his magic resistance or this Authority) then if we wanted to have any offensive power we would need a weapon from some other source (such as the heritic god or Rider, doesn't she have a a weapon that even if it isn't a nobel phantasim isn't completly useless against them).

Last edited:
The authority is all most certainly the reason the heritic god awoke in the first place, i.e. we started counting as a evil creature possibly near a temple/other holy location, given the intial description.

What good guy wouldn't react to a being that feels like pure evil.

We better hope the Authority has a addiontal effect (such as a stats boost) because otherwise we will have to rely on Rider to stay alive; since Excalibur burns us, and if all the authority does is absorb curses and maybe turn said curses into prana (which may also serve as a useful defence against the more potent curses diricted at us, I wonder which would deal with Rin's Gandr first (not saying it is potent enough to affect a Campione), his magic resistance or this Authority) then if we wanted to have any offensive power we would need a weapon from some other source (such as the heritic god or Rider, doesn't she have a a weapon that even if it isn't a nobel phantasim isn't completly useless against them).
Rider's weapons should all be of use against this guy, we can trace her chain and nail as well as Acala's sword and noose for the stat bonuses if we have too.

Of course, his sword might burn us as well...

Still kinda disappointed that All the World's Evil is a passive Authority rather than an active one.

Rider's weapons should all be of use against this guy, we can trace her chain and nail as well as Acala's sword and noose for the stat bonuses if we have too.

Of course, his sword might burn us as well...

Still kinda disappointed that All the World's Evil is a passive Authority rather than an active one.
Thinking about this might be one of the worst types of god to fight, since he burns defilements (Curses would fit, so would have a type advantage)

Does Rider's weapon have any abilites other than not being destroyed in battles between heroic spirtis, and having a fighting style that Shirou (or is it Shiro I have seen both) can copy

Last edited:
Thinking about this might be one of the worst types of god to fight, since he burns defilements (Curses would fit, so would have a type advantage)

Does Rider's weapon have any abilites other than not being destroyed in battles between heroic spirtis, and having a fighting style that Shirou (or is it Shiro I have seen both) can copy
Shirou can copy the strength and skills of the wielders of the weapons he traces. In Heaven's Feel, he traces Berserker's axe-sword, acquires Berserker's power and technique, and then kills him. Rider having a fighting style Shirou's never used before isn't a problem.

And Shirou's only vulnerable to Holy Authorities after he's used All the World's Evils. Acala might count as Fire and Rage rather than Holy.

Out of Curiosity, what would have happened if we ended up in other parts of the Nasuverse? Which verse would we have ended up on? Notes? or just another parallel reality?

Back