[] Tiberium Refinement [BUILD] 2 die, 10R, >50%
[] Spread Disinformation in... [LIE] 2 die, 10R, 2d6E, >50%
-[] North Africa and Middle East
[] Begin Harvesting in... [BUILD] 1 die, 5R, 1d4E, >50%
-[] North Africa and Middle East
[] Found the College of Emergent Technologies [HIRE] 2 die, 20R, 4E >50%
[] Purchase Cargo Aircraft [BUY] 1 die, 30R, 2E, >50%

Ok, so I kind of have a foggy idea of how this works, but:

East Africa is ripe for the picking, so let's build a base there.
Weaken various local institutions in north africa/middle east - we don't really want the egyptians knocking on our door
Bump up our income by setting up harvesting and improving refining tech
Reduce future exposure expenditures by buying cargo aircraft

All projects have a >50% chance of succeeding based on bonus and dice allocated

Okay taking a crack at this, damn plan making takes awhile. Made this plan with the goal of accruing as many bonuses to our dice as possible in the first turn while also mitigating exposure. I also didn't focus on Tiberium with this plan, because we don't have any at this point and getting it should be relatively easy. With the choices we picked in the prologue, turning Earth into a Tiberium world isn't really the main agenda, SPACE IS!

[X]Plan Ramping Up
Conflict Projects (1 die)
-[X] Establish Base in... [BUILD] - 1 dice
--[X] East Africa
10R 2E

The region with the least authority that we can expand to currently. The alternative is expanding into Southern Europe (it has Tiberium), but the authority level is too high at effective authority 5 to really consider it right now. However, this plan also prepares to do that in the succeeding turns with the subversion project. The other conflict projects I'm not considering because their exposure costs are too high.

Subversion Projects (2 dice)

-[X] Subvert Local Institutions in... [EVADE] - 2 dice
--[X] Southern Europe
4R

If we can reach the second DC of 100, that bumps up our security in Southern Europe to 3/3,reducing effective authority level to 3 there. Which is low enough to consider establishing a base.

Research Projects (2 dice)
-[X] Man-Machine Interface [HACK] - 2 dice
20R

The earlier we get this the easier CAST and HACK projects will be. We already have a +5 per die to both so this bumps them all the way to +10 per die.

Outreach Projects (2 dice)
-[X] Recruit a Second-in-Command [HIRE] - 1 die
5R

Might as well get the advisor train rolling. First things first, we need to secure the "succession". They will be a help as well with delegating work.

-[X] Recruit a Division Head [HIRE] - 1 die
--[X] Research
5R

We're the Brotherhood of NOD. We need to maintain the tech advantage or the GDI will stomp us. Having a head of research helps with that goal. Could have allocated dice to one or the other project to ensure we get it done next turn but since they're ongoing projects, I was hoping to take the risk.

Economics Projects (1 die)
-[X] Purchase Military-Grade Weapons (Rank 1) [BUY] - 1 die
10R 2E

Trying to accrue as many bonuses as we can to our dice, because we will definitely be committing a lot of violence in the future. Our conflict actions will also be generating the most exposure so making sure those have a better chance of succeeding should be a priority.

Development Projects (3 dice)
-[X] Found the College of Emergent Technologies [HIRE] - 2 dice
20R 2E

-[X] Purchase Cargo Aircraft [BUY] - 1 die
10R 2E

Currently, our development projects are the only ones that can help mitigate exposure. Chose founding the college instead of the institute city because we have a better chance of completing it this turn with 2 die. Getting the cargo aircraft over the dock at Port Suez because we most likely won't be expanding into the Americas and Oceania for awhile.

Total Costs: 84R 8E

Note : We can take the spread disinformation action in Eastern Europe next turn to help mitigate 4E we gained through purchasing military grade weapons and the cargo aircraft, since they were both done in Eastern Europe.

Last edited:
@Etranger would it be a spoiler to ask if there will be any future ways to lower our global exposure?

(we are currently at 30/100, and the next break point is at 40/100)

@Etranger would it be a spoiler to ask if there will be any future ways to lower our global exposure?

(we are currently at 30/100, and the next break point is at 40/100)

Exposure reduction is intended to be primarily mitigation rather than a reliable method to keep it low. You're going to hit 100 eventually, it's just a question of when. As such, methods of lowering it are limited. There may be a couple one-off projects in the future, though.

Speaking of exposure, been looking at the mechanics, hoping to summarize some general things we can do to mitigate exposure as much as possible. Let me know if I missed anything.
  • Keeping Authority down in a region is very important. Lots of actions gain more exposure per die based on the effective authority a region has.
  • Security provides mitigation to projects done in a region, to a max of -3 exposure. So if we want to be establishing bases everywhere. Having Security at 3 and local Authority at 3 means we don't gain any for that particular region. We also gain +5 per die per Security level to LIE projects, which can help with the success of another action below.
  • Tiberium harvesting is incredibly loud. Each level we do gains us 2 exposure per turn. That means just around 5 Tiberium harvested gives us a passive exposure increase of +10 per turn! GDI is going to notice us fast if we just go straight for it. Any Tiberium harvesting we do must be deliberate and with an obvious advantage in mind. Not to mention the act of starting harvesting in a region gains us 1d4E for that project. It might be a good idea to go for Tiberium refinement tech first, just so we gain more from what we have. If there are projects that can reduce our harvesting footprint to even 1 E per turn, that would be enormously beneficial.
  • I pointed this out in the note I made in my plan, but we should try to aim to conduct as many projects as we can in a singular region on a turn. The Spread Disinformation[LIE] action under Outreach reduces exposure gained in the previous turn to a total of 10-Regional Authority.
So in summary we can :
Keep authority down
Raise security
Be deliberate with Tiberium harvesting
Spread disinformation

Personally, I think if we can manage to keep our exposure down to less than 10 a turn, that should give us good enough time to build up. The problem comes with world events that will naturally increase GDI's vigilance. We have to convince them there's definitely no shadow organization working under their noses. None at all!

Last edited:
[X] Plan: Lord of the Netrunners

Conflict
-[X] Cyber-Attack Local Institutions in Southern Europe [HACK]
--[X] Southern Europe
--[X] 1D+5(10R)

Subversion
-[X] Infiltrate Local Institutions in Southern Europe [SPY]
--[X] Southern Europe
--[X] 1D (2R)
-[X] Infiltrate Local Institutions in East Africa [SPY]
--[X] East Africa
--[X] 1D (2R)

Research
-[X] Sensor-Dampening Materials [EVADE]
--[X] 2D (10R)

Outreach
-[X] Recruit a Field Commander [HIRE]
--[X] 2D (10R)

Economics
-[X] Spread Tiberium in East Africa
--[X] East Africa
--[X] 1D (2R)

Development
-[X] Establish Institute City [BUILD]
--[X] 2D+10 (40R)
-[X] Purchase Cargo Aircraft [BUY]
--[X] 1D+5 (15R)

Okay taking a crack at this, damn plan making takes awhile. Made this plan with the goal of accruing as many bonuses to our dice as possible in the first turn while also mitigating exposure. I also didn't focus on Tiberium with this plan, because we don't have any at this point and getting it should be relatively easy. With the choices we picked in the prologue, turning Earth into a Tiberium world isn't really the main agenda, SPACE IS!

[X]Plan Ramping Up
Conflict Projects (1 die)
-[X] Establish Base in... [BUILD] - 1 dice
--[X] East Africa
10R 2E

The region with the least authority that we can expand to currently. The alternative is expanding into Southern Europe (it has Tiberium), but the authority level is too high at effective authority 5 to really consider it right now. However, this plan also prepares to do that in the succeeding turns with the subversion project. The other conflict projects I'm not considering because their exposure costs are too high.

Subversion Projects (2 dice)

-[X] Subvert Local Institutions in... [EVADE] - 2 dice
--[X] Southern Europe
4R

If we can reach the second DC of 100, that bumps up our security in Southern Europe to 3/3,reducing effective authority level to 3 there. Which is low enough to consider establishing a base.

Research Projects (2 dice)
-[X] Man-Machine Interface [HACK] - 2 dice
20R

The earlier we get this the easier CAST and HACK projects will be. We already have a +5 per die to both so this bumps them all the way to +10 per die.

Outreach Projects (2 dice)
-[X] Recruit a Second-in-Command [HIRE] - 1 die
5R

Might as well get the advisor train rolling. First things first, we need to secure the "succession". They will be a help as well with delegating work.

-[X] Recruit a Division Head [HIRE] - 1 die
--[X] Research
5R

We're the Brotherhood of NOD. We need to maintain the tech advantage or the GDI will stomp us. Having a head of research helps with that goal. Could have allocated dice to one or the other project to ensure we get it done next turn but since they're ongoing projects, I was hoping to take the risk.

Economics Projects (1 die)
-[X] Purchase Military-Grade Weapons (Rank 1) [BUY] - 1 die
10R 2E

Trying to accrue as many bonuses as we can to our dice, because we will definitely be committing a lot of violence in the future. Our conflict actions will also be generating the most exposure so making sure those have a better chance of succeeding should be a priority.

Development Projects (3 dice)
-[X] Found the College of Emergent Technologies [HIRE] - 2 dice
20R 2E

-[X] Purchase Cargo Aircraft [BUY] - 1 die
10R 2E

Currently, our development projects are the only ones that can help mitigate exposure. Chose founding the college instead of the institute city because we have a better chance of completing it this turn with 2 die. Getting the cargo aircraft over the dock at Port Suez because we most likely won't be expanding into the Americas and Oceania for awhile.

Total Costs: 84R 8E

Note : We can take the spread disinformation action in Eastern Europe next turn to help mitigate 4E we gained through purchasing military grade weapons and the cargo aircraft, since they were both done in Eastern Europe.
Our current exposure level of 30/100 will actually reduce our Exposure "costs" for actions that generate Exposure by 1 (to a minimum of 1E). (This benefit will go away once we hit 40/100 Exposure)

So your plan will effectively generate 4E (instead of of 8E), I believe.

I'm mostly on-board with this plan, but with this reduction in Exposure (and therefore more turns to keep us under the radar), would you consider swapping some of the more "active conflict" prepatory choices for alternatives that potentially help ramp us for Tiberium? (For the immediate future I foresee us Establishing more Bases and Fronts instead of launching attacks immediately.)

i.e. instead of Research: Man-Machine Interface [HACK], perhaps switch with Research: Analyze Tiberium Structure [ADAPT], Tiberium Refinement [BUILD], or Sensor-Dampening Materials [EVADE]?

and perhaps instead of Economics: Purchase Military-Grade Weapons (Rank 1) [BUY]) maybe Economics: Spreading Tiberium into East Africa to prep for Tiberium Harvesting there?

Edit: note that Exposure for Establishing a Base is dependent on Effective Authoritiy, which is Authority - Nod Influence.
The Subvert Local Institutions action increases Security, not Influence. (The additional Security will still reduce Exposure for actions in the region, but not exactly as you describe it in your reasoning. The additional security does provide bonuses to other actions like STEAL; which could be useful for trying to steal the plans for the MCV in the future)

Last edited:
[X] Plan try to stay under the radar
-[X] Conflict Projects (1/1 die)
-[X] Establish Base in... [BUILD]
--[X] East Africa 10R 1E
-[X] Subversion Projects (2/2 dice)
--[X] Establish Front in... [EVADE] [SPY]
---[X] Eastern Europe 1 die 2R
--[X] Infiltrate Local Institutions in... [SPY]
---[X] Middle East and North Africa 1 die 2R
-[X] Research Projects (2/2 dice)
--[X] Analyze Tiberium Structure [ADAPT] 1 die 5R
--[X] Sensor-Dampening Materials [EVADE] 1 die 5R
-[X] Outreach Projects (2/2 dice)
--[X] Recruit a Division Head [HIRE]
---[X] Economics Division 1 die 5R
--[X] Recruit a Second-in-Command [HIRE] 1 die 5R
-[X] Economics Projects (1/1 die)
--[X] Spread Tiberium in...
---[X] Middle East and North Africa 1 die 2R 1E
-[X] Development Projects (3/3 dice)
--[X] Establish Institute City [BUILD] 2 dice 40R 2E
--[X] Purchase Cargo Aircraft [BUY] 1 die 15R 1E
-[X] 91/400 Resources +5 exposure

[] Plan try to stay under the radar
-[] Conflict Projects (1/1 die)
-[] Establish Base in... [BUILD]
--[] East Africa 10R 1E
-[] Subversion Projects (2/2 dice)
--[] Establish Front in... [EVADE] [SPY]
---[] Eastern Europe 1 die 2R
--[] Infiltrate Local Institutions in... [SPY]
---[] Middle East and North Africa 1 die 2R
-[] Research Projects (2/2 dice)
--[] Analyze Tiberium Structure [ADAPT] 1 die 5R
--[] Sensor-Dampening Materials [EVADE] 1 die 5R
-[] Outreach Projects (2/2 dice)
--[] Recruit a Second-in-Command [HIRE] 2 dice 10R
-[] Economics Projects (1/1 die)
--[] Spread Tiberium in...
---[] Middle East and North Africa 1 die 2R 1E
-[] Development Projects (3/3 dice)
--[] Establish Institute City [BUILD] 2 dice 40R 2E
--[] Purchase Cargo Aircraft [BUY] 1 die 15R 1E
-[] 91/400 Resources +5 exposure

Conflict Projects

Thanks to our Intelligence in East Africa we know that they have low authority there so we can establish a base with minimal exposure.

Subversion Projects
Establishing a front in Eastern Europe will let us know how difficult tasks over there will be and raising our intelligence level in the Middle East and North Africa will lower exposure gain in the region and make taking down the local authorities easier.

Research Projects
We're Nod Nod's gotta stealth and we wouldn't be Nod without making sure we understand Tiberium better then anyone else.

Outreach Projects
Currently Kane has to run everything by himself getting a second in command will allow for delegation.

Economics Projects
Spreading Tiberium in the Middle East and North Africa will lower the maximum amount of authority that can be had the region and allow us to start harvesting in a relatively safe region that we have influence in.

Development Projects
Establish Institute City and Purchase Cargo Aircraft both lower exposure gain so they're both vital projects

@Potato Anarchy we have no intelligence in West Africa so you can't use the Infiltrate Local Institutions project there you have to use Establish Front first.
FYI
The Subversion: Infiltrate Local Institutions [SPY] action increases Intelligence level in the region. If you wanted to lower future Exposure, then that would be the Subversion: Subvert Local Institutions [EVADE] action (to increase Security)

-[X] Conflict Projects (1/1 die)
-[X] Establish Base in... [BUILD]
--[X] East Africa 10R 1E
-[X] Subversion Projects (2/2 dice)
--[X] Establish Front in... [EVADE] [SPY]
---[X] Eastern Europe 1 die 2R
--[X] Infiltrate Local Institutions in... [SPY]
---[X] Middle East and North Africa 1 die 2R
-[X] Research Projects (2/2 dice)
--[X] Analyze Tiberium Structure [ADAPT] 1 die 5R
--[X] Sensor-Dampening Materials [EVADE] 1 die 5R
-[X] Outreach Projects (2/2 dice)
--[X] Recruit a Division Head [HIRE]
---[X] Economics Division 1 die 5R
--[X] Recruit a Second-in-Command [HIRE] 1 die 5R
-[X] Economics Projects (1/1 die)
--[X] Spread Tiberium in...
---[X] Middle East and North Africa 1 die 2R 1E
-[X] Development Projects (3/3 dice)
--[X] Establish Institute City [BUILD] 2 dice 40R 2E
--[X] Purchase Cargo Aircraft [BUY] 1 die 15R 1E
-[X] 91/400 Resources +5 exposure

I'd be tempted to make our first division head that of Outreach, to make it easier to recruit more/better advisors for everything else.

Good enough for now. I'll try to carve more time out next turn/plan to make something myself.

I think we should get both the Airline and Naval Shipping Companies now.

Logistics are key to everything else.

@Etranger If we design a purpose specced Auto Harvester can we Patent it under our Front Companies to boost our revenues? Gain the Front Company a good Rep that we can make use of later?

I figure it is better to pioneer now and gain a foothold in the Field, while also making money by selling it rather than have others develop it and we earn nothing.

Might be wise to set up Front Companies to Synergise the Harvester Action and then License out the Tech in it to make lots of dosh.

Last edited:
Back