You are a Forklift

22: Working with the Kobaten
Today, you decide that you would work with the kobaten. Kulaed has told you repeatedly that you may be a great help with working in the mines or the pressing for oil. You want to do that. That would mean you're useful and helpful.

It was still early when you left your house (as has become usual). You meet with Kulaed to ask them where you should go to work. They seem rather happy to see you today. They have noted that you are great for lifting things; you will be a great help in carrying heavy loads of coal. You are excited. You're bringing the wooden square with you.

Kulaed directs you to a dark cave. It is a bit small, only about two body-lengths wide, but it should be enough for you to go through carrying some amount of load. You emerge into a dim room. The room is lit with special cylindrical lamps. There is a pile of black rocks (the coal, you suppose) beside some piles of empty black sacks. There are some kobaten resting here. They look at you as they hear you arrive.

"Galiden, keter," you greet them. "Kerk gagamen agamar." (I am here to help you.)

"Growar."

You set down your forks, setting down the wooden pallet you've carried onto the rocky floor. "Mirk gola kataririk." (Put the coal in my arms.)

They seem confused at first, but they do eventually understand. They put coals into sacks and stacked sacks onto the pallet. The pallet is definitely a big help. You're sure that without it, all the coal would spill onto the floor. Your forks are not good for lifting many small things.

You could carry so much coal at once that in only a few trips, all the coal pile disappeared. You carry them out of the coal room and bring them to the warehouses. The kobaten at the warehouses are rather surprised to see you dump many sacks at once. You now have to wait in the coal room for the coals to accumulate. You're tempted to go into the coal hole and help with mining, but you've been told that going in there is very dangerous. The tunnels are small, too small for you to drive through, and there are things floating in the air that will cause you to be unable to breathe.

Nevertheless, you believe you had fun. The kobaten who rest there are talkative, but you should depart. Maybe you should go this pressing Kulaed has also said that you might be of great use.

Kulaed brings to an area by the warehouses. There are many kobaten sitting on the ground, tending to some cylindrical contraption. They put some mushrooms into the contraption, put a cylindrically carved rock on top, and press down on it. A pale liquid flows out the hole at the bottom. That must be oil. Apparently, that's what they use to fuel the lamps. You doubt you could use that as fuel. It's too viscous when compared to what you know of your fuel. Maybe as motor oil, but you don't think it's due to be replaced.

"Galiden, Komaru," Kulaed says to a tired kobaten.

The kobaten straightens up at Kulaed's address. They turn and say, "Galiden, gragurr Kulaed."

"Keke. Komaru, gen Kanorigan. Kanorigan agamar gagar." (Hehe. Komaru, this is Kanorigan. Kanorigan will help you.) Kulaed points to you. "Grouar," you say.

"Agamar?" (Help?) Komaru replies. "Kerk gamera ager toko?" (Am I working not enough?)

"Dro, Komaru. Gagar akera gameron. Gagar koga gona Kanorigan gamera." (No, Komaru. You are tired working. You rest while Kanorigan works.)

"Ek. Growar, gragurr. Kerk katakirrim kara." (Ah. Yes, king. I understand now.)

Then Kulaed leaves you with each other. Komaru seems apprehensive about you. They seem to want to say something, but can't. Maybe they're waiting for a prompt? Some systems need you do that, don't they?

"Ke. Kerk gamera kirrauno kalau?" (So. How do I press oil?) You ask.

Even with you helping, Komaru can't rest. There are some steps in the pressing for oil that you simply can't do. You need to put fresh mushrooms into the pressing contraption and remove all the used ones. They also had to replace the small oil collector underneath the contraption once it had filled up.

The work with you is apparently less tiring than if Komaru did it by themself. You manage to press more faster than they ever could alone, and all you had to do was lower your fork against the pressing contraption. You're simply stronger and could press against the force of the rock refusing to be pressed. You managed to break two of the contraptions in a span of less than a day, but you managed to press five day's worth of work. Everyone is very happy. It was fun.

Eventually though, the work period would end. All the kobaten are tired and would retire to their houses. All the workers leave, and the pressing park would be left empty. Like all of them, you too would retire, not because you're completely tired, but because there's no more work to do.

[You have cooperated with Kobolds×14. +20 Experience]

[Level Up! You are now Level 5.

Rewards:
2 Unallocated Statistical Points
1 Ascention Point]

[The Dream Circuit, a small deity, have take notice and granted you 2 Intelligence.]

Now what to do?

(1) There is always need for lifting and pressing. As it was today, so it would be tomorrow.

(2) If the pattern of lessons could continues, you know there should be another lessor tomorrow. You could attend it. More learning should be good.

(3) You should go looking for lamps at their warehouses. The warehouse is big, so you'll need a lot of lamps and warehouses. Maybe you'd find a good fuel substitute there too.

(4) Boblin might be fixed now. Kulaed have said a few times now that Boblin have wanted to talk with me again. You don't know what to feel to that. Boblin is big and scary, but Kulaed said it's important.

>_

A/N: I'm deciding to close the chapter tomorrow. There will be something very interesting coming. Prepare your boots.

Last edited:
(4) Boblin might be fixed now. Kulaed have said a few times now that Boblin have wanted to talk with me again. You don't know what to feel to that. Boblin is big and scary, but Kulaed said it's important.

This, then visit warehouse next morning. Get lamp.

_(4) Boblin might be fixed now. Kulaed have said a few times now that Boblin have wanted to talk with me again. You don't know what to feel to that. Boblin is big and scary, but Kulaed said it's important.
_[Ascension Point] Unlock New Statistic: Perception
_[Stat Points] Toughness +1, Intelligence +1

Last edited:
>_Boblin might be fixed now. Kulaed have said a few times now that Boblin have wanted to talk with me again. You don't know what to feel to that. Boblin is big and scary, but Kulaed said it's important.

We really should speak to Boblin at some point.

> [Ascension Point] Unlock New Statistic: Perception
> [Stat Points] Toughness +1, Intelligence +1
>Boblin might be fixed now. Kulaed have said a few times now that Boblin have wanted to talk with me again. You don't know what to feel to that. Boblin is big and scary, but Kulaed said it's important.

FINALLY!
PERCEPTION TIMEEEEE!

_[Ascension Point] Unlock New Statistic: Perception
_(4) Boblin might be fixed now. Kulaed have said a few times now that Boblin have wanted to talk with me again. You don't know what to feel to that. Boblin is big and scary, but Kulaed said it's important.

> [Ascension Point] Unlock New Statistic: Perception
> [Stat Points] Toughness +1, Intelligence +1
>Boblin might be fixed now. Kulaed have said a few times now that Boblin have wanted to talk with me again. You don't know what to feel to that. Boblin is big and scary, but Kulaed said it's important.

FINALLY!
PERCEPTION TIMEEEEE!
+1 on the unlocking perception and stat allocations. Lower stats seem to grow faster on their own, so upgrading our higher stats while letting our others grow naturally will probably be the way to gain the most stat points.

23: Another Talk with Boblin
You park alone inside your house. You look around in case anyone is looking. Floating atop your forks are a pair of floating squares and a big round thing. You've just leveled up, and these, from your understanding, are very precious and useful things.

You begin with the unallocated statistical points. You take them and insert one into Toughness and the other to Intelligence.

[+1 Toughness, +1 Intelligence]

The points into their respective statistic, and you feel a familiar tingling wash over you. They change something in your shell and components, but they're too minute for you to determine.

You return to the ascension point. You touch it, and it explodes like a giant spark. The way the wires emerge from underneath never ceases to amaze you. You focus on one of the hollow ones. This one is Perception. It promises you inescapable sight. It promises you knowledge of the world. This world has been a confusing thing. Perhaps knowing more would shine another light.

[You have unlocked the Perception statistic.]

You wait for tingling to wash over your whole being, but it didn't quite come. All you feel is a blooming of tingling centered around the your biggest mass of circuitry. This tingling felt like flowing. It flows from your eyes, going through your wires, and churning in your circuitry. You don't understand why the tingling centers around there, but you're sure you'll know once you get points in it.

You emerge from your house early in the morning, as has become usual. You see Kulaed yelling some commands and announcements to their fellow kobaten. They see you approach.

"Galiden, Kulaed," you say.

"Galiden, Kanorigan," they reply. "Gagar getumari kukemi?" (You want anything?)

"Boblin kotome? Gagar grawri kerk kataBoblin getumari grawri katakerk," (Is Boblin healed? You told me that Boblin wants to talk to me) you answer.

They perk at your answer. "Ka. Gagar komori. Koran." (Ah. You're ready. Come.)

They bring you to Boblin's house again. They usher you into the cloth building. The house is dark. Kulaed goes around with small flaming torch and begins lighting the many lamps that had been shut off moments ago.

The light of the lamps emphasize the big stone statue sitting on the stone table. They have said that the statue is supposed to be the same shape as Boblin, but you couldn't understand how this could be like Boblin. The statue is as small as a child, but you're certain that Boblin is bigger than that. Much bigger.

Maybe talking to Boblin again would clear things up more.

Kulaed kneels in front of the statues and says "Boblin, Kanorigan gagamen." (Boblin, Kanorigan is here.)

At first there's nothing going on, but after multiple "Boblin, kerker getumari grawri katagagar!" (Boblin, we want to talk to you!) Something heavy settles inside the house. It presses harder harder on you with every repeating until--

You were pressed into a familiar place. Coming to this place felt like being pushed into the earth. It's dark, like it was when you first came here.

*Click!* Bright light focuses on you. It's so bright that the rock you stand upon has become white.

You see Boblin stand there, immobile. Their whole body shakes. Their boom shudders. You don't know what's going on. It's as though they're straining against something and they can't move.

"KANORIGAN! YOU'RE BACK!" Their voice booms. The very ground shakes with their words.

"Grouar." You reply.

"I AM BOBLIN, GOD OF MINING. YOU HAVE BEEN BROUGHT HERE BEFORE ME TO SPEAK ABOUT POGLIN. WHAT HAS BECOME OF MY SIBLING?"

"Kerk ager kikkim."

"NO. YOU'RE CHOSEN BY POGLIN. THERE MUST BE SOMETHING YOU COULD TELL. ANYTHING!"

Is there something you could tell? You're thinking about it...

>_

>Poglin tasked me with clearing the warehouse in which I awakened, I don't know why he did that but I vaguely remember that I got sponsored by Poglin.

>Poglin tasked me with clearing the warehouse in which I awakened, I don't know why he did that but I vaguely remember that I got sponsored by Poglin.

>Poglin "sponsored" me, whatever that means. Besides that the only interaction we have is that sometimes i get a "divine quest" which says it is from Poglin. The quest from Poglin so far are about the Warehouse in which i awakened. I do not know how to contact Poglin.

>Poglin "sponsored" me, whatever that means. Besides that the only interaction we have is that sometimes i get a "divine quest" which says it is from Poglin. The quest from Poglin so far are about the Warehouse in which i awakened. I do not know how to contact Poglin.

>_Poglin "sponsored" me, whatever that means. Besides that the only interaction we have is that sometimes i get a "divine quest" which says it is from Poglin. The quests from Poglin so far are about the Warehouse in which i awakened. I do not know how to contact Poglin.

24: You Talk About Poglin + Evacuation
You wrack your mind for an answer. You have the answer, says Boblin. Your faculties have expanded since then. That memory has to be stored somewhere. You try to remember. You don't remember ever meeting or speaking with Poglin, but their existence has been etched to your oldest memories. There you remember.

"Kerk gutrim kara. Poglin sponsor kerk." (I remember now. Poglin sponsored me.) You remember now, that first growlsquare that appeared before your vision.

"THAT'S OBVIOUS CONSIDERING WE SEE THAT YOU ARE THEIR CHAMPION. TELL ME MORE."

"Gen korina kerk kesi Shemus Keturri. Gen kerk karin gamera kataPoglin," (They give me two Divine Quest. That is my only interaction with Poglin,) you continue.

"THAT'S IT? THAT'S ALL?"

"Grouar?"

"MY SIBLING, HOW ARE YOU?" They say, but it seems that it's not directed at you.

"KANORIGAN THE FORKLIFT, I AM CURIOUS. WHAT AM I?"

"Gagar kotol garros mawsi." (You are a big machine of mining.)

"I FEEL THAT YOU KNOW THE NAME."

"Gagar... ekavator?"

"AN EXCAVATOR. FASCINATING. HOW DO YOU KNOW OF SUCH A FEARSOME THING?"

You think on the question, but you realize that you don't have a proper answer. You simply know that things like them exist, like how you knew trucks, cranes, and cement mixers exist. Such knowledge simply came from nowhere. Where did that knowledge come from? "Kerk ager kikkim?" (I don't know?)

"I SEE." Their voice is low this time. "VERY STRANGE. WHY DID YOU BELIEVE I COULD BE SUCH A THING THAT STANDS HERE?"

"Gagar mawsi. Keter ekavator mawsi. Gagar ekavator."

"YOUR LOGIC IS IMPECCABLE, BUT I DON'T BELIEVE THAT IS NOT SOMETHING YOU JUST MADE ON THE SPOT."

"Gen kesinkikkim." (That is confusing.)

"YOU ARE A VERY INTERESTING THING, KANORIGAN. YOU HAVE OPENED MANY AVENUES TO ME. NONE BEFORE HAS ANYONE MADE AVAILABLE A DIVINE DOMAIN LIKE THIS one." They say. Their words soften towards the end.

"Kulaed the Kobold, my champion, has said good things about you." They emit a laugh. The lights once bright darken, dimming. "I have prophesied a danger in the future to him. Talk to him about it." The lights gradually dim until the lamps shut off.

And all there is is now darkness.

[Rejoice! You have received communion from Boblin.]

You find yourself in the bright interior of Boblin's house. Kulaed looks at you expectantly.

"Grouar?"

"Gen Boblin grawr?" They ask. They tone rises to one that is uncommon to them or their kind.

"Gen grrmi grawr katakerk. Kerker grawri katakerk kug katagen," you answer.

Despite the shortness of your answer, they seem very happy about it. They turn to the statue before returning to face you. "Boblin akuma grrti kushila."

"Ke. Boblin kesin grawri kata gen grawri gagar... kermitgannan?" (Ah. Boblin also told me that they told you... about a future word?)

As those words reach Kulaed, their face morphs. They seem unhappy. "Lawkro laggen gamera mirros kermit. Pawni, komawlo atari, kina katagupas. Kerker agamar." (Something bad will happen in the short future. Fire, earthquakes, runnning to the top. We must prepare."

[Boblin has granted you +2 Perception.]

[
You're going to need it.]

Your eye tingles, and your vision warps slightly. The change is minute. It took some analysis to identify what changed. Your vision seemed... more clear? Perhaps having more contrast. It's easier for you to notice fine details and differences. You could trace the patterns on a kobaten's surface much more easily. Even colors that are the same shade, you begin to notice differences you're incapable of noticing before. You should look into that later.

The camp stirs into a frenzy as you return to your house. They are frantically moving their items into boxes and moving boxes into trucks/carts. Kulaed shouts; they must be ready to move before they wake up tomorrow. They aren't sleeping now, would they even wake up tomorrow? You believe that "wake up" is a transitional action., from asleep to awake. Perhaps this time, it's a transition from awake to awake. Yes, that should be correct.

[For your observation, you have exercised Perception. +1 Perception]

You decide to help them a bit. Your cooperation was greatly appreciated. Putting the large and heavy equipment onto the carts are generally a time-consuming thing, but with your help, you manage to hasten loading their many heavy things onto the carts. You load many large things onto their trucks. Food, coal, rocks, tent components, all in sacks, loaded with haste. Kulaed is very happy.

The camp soon became barren. All the cloth buildings have been taken down. The only sign that they were once here was all the holes and smoothed and darkened rock from their passing. Now without its many light sources, darkness veils the room. All the things that belonged to the kobaten have been packed up. All the trucks are fully loaded, and the many kobaten line in front of them. They even strapped you to the front of a truck. They told you to pull it. These... truck don't have engines. The kobaten are the engines.

You move through the dark tunnels. One of the first destinations you reach is the warehouse. It seemed that you're only passing through. Kulaed points to the bumpy gate. A few of the kobaten retrieve sharp tools and began carving a hole into the wall. Kulaed also tells you to help them. They think there's something you could do to help. They are right. You approach the big shiny wall and insert your forks under the ridgy metal wall and heave. You raise your forks, the metal warps. Something snaps, but wall does not retreat as far into the ceiling as the one you opened before. The bumps stopped you from opening it further. The opening created is barely enough for you to fit through, nevermind the trucks you had to pull through.

There's nothing more you could do. The kobaten comes to your rescue with their hammers and axes and picks. They embiggen the opening your created and crush crush the rocks that block the way on the other side. With much dust and pebbles, a tunnel large enough for the trucks to go through have been created, but before a single one could drive through it...

*Bang!* The sound of an explosion stops everyone in their tracks. The sound metal striking stone rings, and dust falls from the ceiling. Everybody turns to the source, and you see strange kobaten standing by the gate. Every one of them are carrying a strange hollow tube pointed at you. More important than all the things they have is the words floating above some of them.

[Chima Ajimariel Level 10]
<Champion of Achirema>

[Akira Ameriel Level 3]
<Champion of Achirema>

[Shimeretzu Siterigemu Level 4]
<Champion of Ira>

"Gagaren kina?" Chima says. You surmise that they are the leader.

Everyone is unhappy. Kulaed moves quickly to them. They spread their arms.

"Conolen shi afera cholagemu azeru," (Conolen are not welcome here,) Kulaed tells them. You can't understand what they're saying. Is this a lesson you missed?

The kobaten by the gate seem unhappy. The leader, Chima, points their tube at Kulaed. "Culaed, patemeshi kameti shi alvare. Ametsi gacamio copasi chizeri." (Kulaed, I thought we are friends. You still follow small gods.)

"Efera pacameshi gamzi," (You can't let you do this.) Kulaed replies. "Palamero agaro." (I stop you.) They prepare themself to fight them.

"Tesc." Chima's expression did not change. *Bang!* Their tube exploded. It's very loud. Suddenly, Kulaed falls back. Liquid, oily liquid flows out a puncture that had suddenly found its way onto Kulaed's shoulder. The blood pooled under them quickly. A few big kobaten runs to their side, but they didn't know what to do.

"Copaso chamo," (Small champion,) Chima remarks. Their fellows laugh. "Culaed, cacozza cheter agoma, dun cafolsoma amares, ictero agaro ic efero." (Kulaed, we need all the help, and we will take them, whether you like it or not.)

They turn to the rest unhappy kobaten. This is a special kind of unhappiness they're feeling. Is this... fear? They are afraid? You are too. You are not unhappy, you are afraid, and Chima is looking straight at you.

"Kobaten, kerter grrmi keturri ketecozza keter gargar. Kerker cafolsoma katagupas. Kerker tarro kotol karro. Kotol karro kata keturri kawni," (Kobaten, our many gods want all of you. We will take the top. We will build a big comp. A big camo that the gods will live in,) they shout. It seems encouraging, but no kobaten moves. When they came close them, the kobaten stepped back. They're using this to make them move as they wanted.

"Chima, efera cagamosa agaren gamzi. Efera. Aleria eferia," (Chima, we can't do what you say. Not. Never.) Kulaed sputters. "Camis chizeris toran cami." (Our gods have told us.)

Chima pauses. *Bang!* They move their tube with such haste that you didn't see it move. Suddenly, there's a hole on Kulaed's other shoulder. Kulaed drops their head to the hard floor. They have become weaker.

Chima approaches you. You try to move away, but there isn't much room to move. Any direction you drive into, a conol could reach you. "Peculo chamo," they say to you. You don't understand them. "Cochaca amaca. Ashera cafalosa comta gannen."

What do you do?

>_

>raise your forks so they are Level with Chimas big mass, rather than his wheel tubes. Then ram Chima. If he geht's stuck on the forks: lift further.

>This is a rather confusing situation. However, what is important is quite clear. Chima started fight and will pay for it with his oily-liquid.

>This is a rather confusing situation. However, what is important is quite clear. Chima started fight and will pay for it with his oily-liquid.

>They have had more time to become strong, but you are a forklift and they are still squishy. Heck some of them are very low level. Ram Chima.

>They have had more time to become strong, but you are a forklift and they are still squishy. Heck some of them are very low level. Ram Chima.

Back