Yes Is The Answer, But What Is The Question?

Pronouns
He/Him/His
Premise: Just answer the questions until the format of the role play changes.

You are in a vast Expanse Of Blackness and White, paradoxically you see nothing and everything all at once. You stand, or maybe float in an infinite dimension that you cannot comprehend.

First Of All:
1. What is your Name, Age, and sex/gender?

2. What is your greatest value?
1. Pride.
2. Humility.
3. Knowledge.
4. Wisdom.
5. Power.
6. Honor.
7. Peace.
8. Order.
9. Justice.
10. Freedom.
11. Resolve.
12. Love.

3. Choose A Time Period
(Just type a year here, even BC or AD. Anything past 2200 is always CE, so 2201 is 2221 CE.

4. Choose a word below.
1. Arcane.
2. Fervor.
3. Eldritch.
4. Primal.
5. Occult.
6. Science.
7. Psychic.

5. "Alignment"
1. Righteousness.
2. Wickedness.
3. Enlightenment.
4. Chaos.

6. Player preferences. If you want to be a character who's empowered magically, a physically up close and personal warrior, a stealthy character, etcetera, state here.

7. What is your career?

Well, let's see where this goes, I suppose...

1. Ellen, 417yo, Female
2. Resolve
3. 1.7x10106​ CE
4. Psychic
5. Enlightenment
6. The kind of character that can wade eternally through a battlefield, shrugging off most forms of damage, locking down an area, and sapping life/power from their enemies to endlessly restore their own. Basically, the epitome of a sustain tank.
7. Technician/Soldier for a PMC

Well, let's see where this goes, I suppose...

1. Ellen, 417yo, Female
2. Resolve
3. 1.7x10106​ CE
4. Psychic
5. Enlightenment
6. The kind of character that can wade eternally through a battlefield, shrugging off most forms of damage, locking down an area, and sapping life/power from their enemies to endlessly restore their own. Basically, the epitome of a sustain tank.
7. Technician/Soldier for a PMC

I'm sorry, is she 41 years old? She has to have a Human age, I apologize, I should have explained this. They can be anywhere from a teenager to someone in their 100's.

I'm sorry, is she 41 years old? She has to have a Human age, I apologize, I should have explained this. They can be anywhere from a teenager to someone in their 100's.
It's the far future. Specifically, sometime past the date where entropy is predicted to have finished rendering everything into particle soup. Between supernatural powers, futuretech, and the sheer timescale involved... 'normal' lifespans far exceeding the 'modern' lifespan seems pretty feasible.

It's the far future. Specifically, sometime past the date where entropy is predicted to have finished rendering everything into particle soup. Between supernatural powers, futuretech, and the sheer timescale involved... 'normal' lifespans far exceeding the 'modern' lifespan seems pretty feasible.

Okay, that's fine. That makes perfect sense.

Well, I have no idea what this is but it seems interesting, so here goes:

1. Archea, 78, female
2. Knowledge
3. 3,000 CE
4. Arcane
5. Enlightenment
6. A Glass cannon mage that's physically weak but can dish out large amounts of damage while also having a large array of versatile abilities, basically a classic DnD wizard
7. Court Mage and advisor to the Imperator of the Nova Roma Imperium

Well, I have no idea what this is but it seems interesting, so here goes:

1. Archea, 78, female
2. Knowledge
3. 3,000 CE
4. Arcane
5. Enlightenment
6. A Glass cannon mage that's physically weak but can dish out large amounts of damage while also having a large array of versatile abilities, basically a classic DnD wizard
7. Court Mage and advisor to the Imperator of the Nova Roma Imperium
3000 CE? Not BCE?

Yep, CE.
The idea I had was that as technology advanced magic waned and disappeared from the world, but after WW3 happened and human society collapsed magic came back with a vengeance, or something like that anyways.
Tbh, I basically just stole the plot of Adventure Time lol, but if that's not ok I can change the year to somewhere in the past, just thought that the idea of post apocalyptic magic was cool.

Yep, CE.
The idea I had was that as technology advanced magic waned and disappeared from the world, but after WW3 happened and human society collapsed magic came back with a vengeance, or something like that anyways.
Tbh, I basically just stole the plot of Adventure Time lol, but if that's not ok I can change the year to somewhere in the past, just thought that the idea of post apocalyptic magic was cool.
It's okay. I was just surprised.

Well this is fascinating

1. Kushim, 103, Male
2. Freedom
3. 7,432 B.C
4. Primal
5. Chaos
6. Magically empowered, somebody who embodies nature and life, both sides of that coin good and bad, think a mix between a DnD Fey and Druid able to control the land around him
7. Wanderer and Meddler

Last edited:
Well this is fascinating

1. Jacob, 103, Male
2. Freedom
3. 7,432 B.C
4. Primal
5. Chaos
6. Magically empowered, somebody who embodies nature and life, both sides of that coin good and bad, think a mix between a DnD Fey and Druid able to control the land around him
7. Wanderer and Meddler
What is your time period like? Sword and Sorcery? Um. . .or just Ancient?

1; Jeffrey Smitts, 32, He/Him
2: Love, specifically the platonic kind
3: 2011 AD
4: Occult
5: Chaos
6: Reality around him slowly melts away to reveal the chaotic mess underneath, the writhing polka-dots and physical pop music coiling around droplets of rain falling backwards, the statues speak of conspiracies about fascist penguins, the children's eyes are gateways to automotive hell, when he experiences great distress the world starts to break
7: Accountant at Mcdonalds

I wonder what's gonna happen

Last edited:
Well. There has been a fair bit of world building discussion regarding the actual premise of the RP.
Okay, so all of you appear at The End of Time, I might keep the name.

It's a large island in the Void where the protagonists and supporting population reside.

It seems like everyone were asked similar, the same questions, while others were asked still different questions.

There is a deity in the place called The Caretaker.

The Caretaker is the one who asked all the questions of the protagonists.

Anyway, so it turns out that The Caretaker is at a loss of what to do, he wants to preserve certain elements of the Cosmos and it's about to undergo a Reset.

The players can decide whether the Cosmos even gets Reset or changes

There are various enemies including Great Old Ones.

So, in this setting there are Resets. There is a deity that the characters need to overcome. Those who overcome this antagonist become the deities of the next Cosmos.

I'm planning that perhaps at the start, the characters defeat the starting antagonist, enter the Glorious New Dawn (The start of the next Reset.)

And are the deities of the next Reset attempting to prevent the need for another Reset. (edited)

The reason being is because there is an approaching final Reset. IF it ends, then everything ends, and no one else, not even the gods know what comes next, if anything. It could be that eternity is just a frustrating cycle of suffering.
Well sometimes Azathoth wakes up.

There are infinite possibilities.

On rare occasions, a deity might kind of duct tape the Cosmos, slowing, preventing, or even reversing a Reset.

The most impressive known way to deal with Resets are to reverse them, and very few characters can do that.

The Alignments all have their own ways of dealing with Resets.

If the protagonist players don't like the way their Alignment deals with it there's plenty of player autonomy to deal with things their own way, despite their label.
Yog Sothoth set everything into motion as a multipurpose cow. All consciousness basically feeds him with every Reset.

The worst thing that could happen at the final reset = Yog isn't milking the cow anymore, he wants a steak.

For all eternity, Yog, or some other named deity has been feeding and growing stronger.

Thank you for the lore
And now an accountant with chaos themed abilities that activate when he is stressed has the chance to become a god, probably not good for many people

Last edited:
@ All of you, choose a location. Please note that this location could be anything from "Atlantis, Camelot, Shangrila" etcetera to, "Detroit, Michigan".

Back