[X] Praxes
-[X] Temporal Summoning - Athletics

[X] Specialties
-[X] Medicine (First Aid)
-[X] Academics (Research)
-[X] Athletics (Acrobatics)

Current
Current Submitted Votes/plans
Health (Stamina)Mental Resistance (Resolve)Mental Resistance (Resolve)Mental Resistance (Resolve)
AmuletRapierPestleAmulet
Acceleration(Athletics)Acceleration(Athletics)Acceleration(Athletics)Acceleration(Athletics)
Fools(Athletics)Luck(Occult)Fools(Athletics)Fools(Athletics)
Web(Medicine)Shifting(Occult)Temporal Summoning(Athletics)Web(Medicine)
Temporal SummoningAnalyzeAnalyzeTemporal Summoning
Academics(Research)Empathy(Personalities)Academics(Research)Academics (Research)
Athletics(Acrobat)Occult(Cursed and Magical Creatures)Occult(Cursed and Magical Creatures)Athletics (Acrobatics)
Medicine(First Aid)Medicine(First Aid)Medicine(First Aid)Medicine (First Aid)
Differences
Resistances
Stamina increases our health, while resolve increases our resistance against people manipulating our minds be it control or illusions. Resolve currently winning.
Tools
This reduces our paradox roll by 2 and lets us cast any magic, so personally I recommend something you will keep on yourself all the time although this has room for flavors.
Amulet is a necklace so easy to keep no matter the situation although the easiest to break. Rapier is a precision weapon but its thin and relies more on speed than durability. Pestle is the rod you grind into a mortar to mash herbs, medically thematic, durable since its a thickish rod of silver although awkward to keep around constantly even if less threatening than a sword.
Reminder this tool is mainly for avoiding paradox, we can cast without it or use any appropriate tool it just won't reduce our paradox.
Rotes
Acceleration is agreed upon in all three, this will make us basically untouchable if we cast this with any potency. Probably gonna be a constantish buff. It basically massively increases our speed. Cast at potency 5 we can run a mile in like 16 seconds if I remember my math right.
Fools just lets us ditch the unskilled penalty if we rush in without prepartions.
Luck applies a boon and with reach we can make it apply to our spellcasting rolls.
Shifting is basically a few seconds of time travel backwards. I honestly don't see how useful this will be to start with but it gets better later on. To start we can only really go back a few seconds. It will likely never reach more than a minute of time travel backwards since its travel is based on potency rather than duration.
Web is useful as a detection spell since its pretty hard to hide from something that literally senses your life force.

Praxes
So casting magic outside of our Ruling Arcana generally costs an additional mana, by buying a spell as a rote or praxes you eliminate that additional cost.
Analyze life is currently winning which is probably best for more medicinal purposes since it lets us examine patients and more importantly we can cast it at will for free at a sensory range. Why is this important? Cause it can identify supernatural creatures even if it won't tell you what they are unless you've studied that type before. Downside our dice pool really really sucks for this but it's free so can just cast over and over.
Temporal Summoning, it is a basically a healing spell. We cast it and reset ourselves. We can only go back so far at the moment.

Specialties
These only add 1 dice to applicable rolls so they aren't super important even if they are helpful.
First aid is universal so far.
Acrobat, flexibility and possibly dodge. Occult will give us an edge on studying the creatures that I put in that category.
Research helps us well research, and personalities will help us learn about people faster.

Last edited:
Current Submitted Votes/plans

Acrobat, I'll be honest I'm not sure the reasoning here.

Acrobatics seemed to be the best one associated with dodging, and adds additional flexibility which can be useful in fights makes being knocked down not be as bad for instance.

Effectively just additional survivability since that's why athletics was chosen in the first place.

Last edited:
Since it's not forced into a plan, then I can just go with what I like then. I apologize if this somehow screws with the tally.

[X] Resistance
-[X] Resolve

[X] Dedicated Magical Tool
-[X] Control
--[X] An Hourglass Amulet.

[X] Rotes
-[X] Acceleration -Athletics
-[X] Fools Rush In -Athletics
-[X] Postcognition -Investigation

[X] Praxes
-[X] Analyze Life -Medicine

[X] Specialties
-[X] Occult (Magical and Cursed Creatures)

I didn't know what to do for the third Rotes yet, so I moved on to the Praxes. Based on the op's breakdown of things, Analyze Life seems like the better pick. I added on the '-Medicine' because that's how I think it's supposed to be. Maybe? (Am I doing something wrong?)

From there I went to the Specialties, where I went back and forth some more. On Research versus Personalities. What settled it was that Research will probably be more important to us, as a doctor and a mage, with all of the studying and investigating we'll be doing.

Circling back to the Rotes, I didn't really like Exceptional Luck or Web of Life. So I went looking through the list, and I figure that Postcongition is great for us. Acceleration and Fools Rush In are spells that are meant to keep us alive and functioning. While Analyze Life and Postcognition will be used to enhance our efforts in medicine, and also potential conflicts.

Since it's not forced into a plan, then I can just go with what I like then. I apologize if this somehow screws with the tally
It shouldn't, usually I just copy all the votes to a table on one note anyway and just count them up myself when there's large votes that are only subtly different.

I will note that post cognition is about the past and I think you mentioned earlier you included it for combat, but it's more for investigation.I'm not sure how one would use it in combat. But it could tell you how someone got an injury for a medical Purpose

I will note that post cognition is about the past and I think you mentioned earlier you included it for combat, but it's more for investigation.
I get that, and I'm looking at it as an indirect means to get information on someone that's we might have problems with. If it lets us look over the lives of the target with excruciating detail, then there should be information that could be used against them.

In social situations it basically lets us know everything about that person. Not internally, what they think and feel, but we can see their entire past. In combat it seems like it should let us know of any strategies or styles an opponent uses. Maybe we can find weaknesses, wether physical or emotion or mental.

I'm not sure just how viable all of that is, but if there's anything then it's in addition to it's use medically.

I get that, and I'm looking at it as an indirect means to get information on someone that's we might have problems with. If it lets us look over the lives of the target with excruciating detail, then there should be information that could be used against them.

In social situations it basically lets us know everything about that person. Not internally, what they think and feel, but we can see their entire past. In combat it seems like it should let us know of any strategies or styles an opponent uses. Maybe we can find weaknesses, wether physical or emotion or mental.

I'm not sure just how viable all of that is, but if there's anything then it's in addition to it's use medically.
Ah, just making sure. The use of the word combat was throwing me. It makes a lot of sense for gaining information even if it's limited by temporal sympathy but for viewing recent things it's pretty good.

Vote closed
Scheduled vote count started by OneSingleStep on May 30, 2021 at 5:34 AM, finished with 80 posts and 4 votes.

• [X] Resistance
    -[X] Stamina
    -[X] Control
    [X] Rotes
    -[X] Web of Life- Medicine
    [X] Praxes
    [X] Specialties
    [X] Resistance
    -[X] Resolve
    -[X] Weapon
    --[X] Silver plated rapier.
    [X] Rotes
    -[X] Exceptional Luck - Occult
    -[X] Shifting Sands - Occult
    [X] Praxes
    -[X] Analyze Life
    [X] Specialties
    -[X] Empathy (Personalities)
    [X] Resistance
    -[X] Resolve
    -[X] Control
    [X] Rotes
    -[X] Web of Life- Medicine
    [X] Praxes
    [X] Specialties
    [X] Resistance
    -[X] Resolve
    -[X] Control
    [X] Rotes
    -[X] Postcognition -Investigation
    [X] Praxes
    -[X] Analyze Life -Medicine
    [X] Specialties

Well, I think we can use something similar - read the history of a weapon and find out how its owner fights. It will probably take us three turns — a casting turn, a reading turn, and an analysis turn, plus a possible Wits + Weapon check. This action, however, is probably only advisable if we do it before the battle. Plus, the weapon doesn't have to be new or foreign. In general, this is a pretty neat duelling trick, but it is quite difficult to use.
I'm curious: in theory, we can use the Veil of Moment's spell so as not to get tired during its action (although it probably can't be used indefinitely due to mental stress).

Last edited:
The vote is finished so the review is up.

Resolve won
Control-Hourglass amulet won

We have the following 3 rotes
Acceleration
Fools rush in
Web of life

With the Analyze life praxis

Academics(Research, Occult(Magical and Curses Monsters) , Medicine(First Aid)

Back