Created at
Index progress
Ongoing
Watchers
Recent readers

Blood, and Fang
Rip, and Howl
Cast, and Enchant

Come one, Come all. The World Darkens with every breath we take.

Being a Monster isn't just a state of mind. Come build our world with these intial votes and transform a poor soul into something potentially monstrous.

Vote 1: Setting and Creature Type.
Last edited:
Creature and Setting Vote
So I've had a World Of Darkness quest on my mind for a while, and I only did Marvelous first so my first quest wouldn't be overly bogged down by complicated character generation. But I'm at like 100k on that quest already so I feel like I should get this one started.

Edit: Clarification: You are going to be the only Vampire/Mage/Werewolf, any others either died off or never existed.

Setting Options
Game of Thrones - I'm really excited about doing a medieval setting since that is when Creatures should really dominate but I'm open to other ideas. Also, most creature types can thrive equally here.
MCU - I'm not as excited about this setting and there are a lot more things that can harm us here. Most creatures are harder to be Heroes with.
Young Justice - Same as MCU. Most creatures will have a hard time being heroic.
Worm - I'm already doing this with Marvelous, but I do not expect pretty much any Creature type to thrive here.
Buffy the Vampire Slayer
The Witcher
Elder Scrolls
Dragon Age
Write-In - I'm open to other settings.

World of Darkness Options

Old World of Darkness
Vampire the Masquerade​
Werewolf the Apocalypse​
Mage the Ascension​

Chronicles of Darkness
Vampire the Requiem​
Mage the Awakening​
Werewolf the Forsaken​

After some consideration, I decided to cut down the Creature options to just the Vampire, Werewolf, and Mage options. Here is a quick comparison of the creatures.

Vampire the MasqueradeVampire the Requiem
14 Clans | 28 Disciplines | 19 Magic Types​
Most Disciplines have 5 Levels so 140 powers, There is a ton of overlap with the various magic types so I'd expect there to be about 100 rituals minimum most likely.
5 Clans | 85 Disciplines | 4 Magic Types​
Most Disciplines have 5 levels so 425 powers, Magics each have about 10-20 rituals so expect about 80 different ones.

Author Note: I did not expect Requiem to have nearly as many disciplines as it does, however, remember this is a vote-driven quest so more options mean there is likely to be more dissension on what to buy next. We gain 2xp per chapter so it will take 30-40 chapters to take a discipline from 0-5. So don't expect us to gain them all unless this story goes on forever.

Vampire is the only option with the ability to easily spread power to others.

Powerwise - Vampire is Ranked 2 Power-wise to start. Weaker than Werewolf, Stronger than Mage. Endgame still ranked 2.

Mage the AscensionMage the Awakening
9 Spheres | Most flexible power system, letting you fuse effects on the fly | 1 Affinity Sphere9 Spheres | Most Flexible Power System letting you fuse effects on the fly | 2 sphere affinities, 1 sphere more difficult to learn and has a hard cap.

Author Note: This is the most flexible system, but you really can't teach this form of magic. If I introduce a spread magic mechanic it's going to be pretty expensive which will slow our power growth since we will be spending XP on other people to jumpstart them.

Powerwise - Mage is Ranked 3 power-wise to start. Basically a mortal with special sight and a few minor abilities. Less of an Issue in Awakening since you can start with a Sphere at 4 if you min-max it. Endgame ranked 1. Might suffer from a harder to recoup power since Vampire can just drink endlessly and cast.

Werewolf the ApocalypseWerewolf the Forsaken
3 Breed | 5 Auspices | 13 Tribes | Gifts | Fetishes |Five Forms
Strongest starting base
5 Auspices | 5 Tribes | Gifts | Fetishes | Five Forms
Strongest Starting Base

Author Note: Weakest when it comes to supernatural power options but the true werewolf form gives you a significant stat boost even if it is on a timer. +3 strength is a significant starting boon if we get involved in combat early.

Powerwise - Strongest Starting at least physically, weakest long term since it is the warrior vs sorcerer dilemma often seen in RPGs. Not as bad since you have fetishes and gifts but it's still an issue since Gifts tend to not be as strong.

-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-

My personal recommendation, Vampire, either one. I'm most familiar with it, and it is the most fleshed out mechanically so it's clear what is possible each and every time without having to calculate things like potency for Mage. We can also get minions easily with Ghouls and siring Vampires without sacrificing a ton of XP to grant powers.

Setting Recommendation - Game of Thrones, Medieval and we shouldn't face many problems once we get on a roll and start building our character's abilities.

-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-

[] [Setting]
-[] Game of Thrones
-[] Marvel Cinematic Universe
-[] Young Justice
-[] Worm
-[] Buffy
-[] The Witcher
-[] Elder Scrolls
-[] Dragon Age
-[] Write-in

[] [World of Darkness] Choose One preferably, any after the first will be your backup choices.
-[] Vampire the Masquerade |14 Clans|28 Disciplines|19 Magic Trees|
-[] Vampire the Requiem |5 Clans|85 Disciplines|5 Magic Types|
-[] Werewolf the Apocalypse |3 Breeds|5 Auspices|13 Tribes|Gifts|Fetishes|Rituals|
-[] Werewolf the Forsaken |5 Tribes|5 Auspices|Gifts|Fetishes|Rituals|
-[] Mage the Ascension |9 Spheres|1 Affinity|
-[] Mage the Awakening |5 Paths|9 Spheres|2 affinity spheres, 1 hindered sphere|

Last edited:
I'm more than happy to answer any questions on the creature types or provide links, but once we decide an initial type there will be a lot more info provided on powers.

Will the factions of VtR come into play? Because the main draw from that is the order of dracul, which if I remember correctly let's you overcome most of the weaknesses of being a vampire.

Will the factions of VtR come into play? Because the main draw from that is the order of dracul, which if I remember correctly let's you overcome most of the weaknesses of being a vampire.
No, its not a full crossover. You're basically going to be Caine/First Mage/First Werewolf. Any Vampire/Mage/Werewolf either never existed or existed in the past depending on the setting.
Edit: Added to OP, also added Buffy to Settings.

Last edited:
I kinda want to vote for worm, but I don't know a lot about world of darkness, does it have any attacks that is consider hax? You know attacks that can cut space or dimensions, manipulate time etc that kinda hax

I kinda want to vote for worm, but I don't know a lot about world of darkness, does it have any attacks that is consider hax? You know attacks that can cut space or dimensions, manipulate time etc that kinda hax
Mage the awakening is pretty beastly at max level, but Endbringers/Scion are probably beyond you. A Master of Death, and an Apprentice of Fate can bring the dead back to life. Time 5 can let you send people back along their own timeline to change their pasts. The biggest thing I can see is the ability to create energy at Forces 5.

Arcanum (MTAw) This is the basic summary of the nine spheres and their abilities. I will do a full breakdown myself if that is the option chosen but its kind of a complex system compared to Vampire/Werewolf Gifts.

Sphere This is Ascension's Spheres.

Discipline (VTM) Vampire the Masquerade Powers

Discipline (VTR) Vampire the Requiem Powers.

Vampires probably have the most defined powers and some of them are somewhat hax, but not against things like Endbringers/scion. Gifts are horribly documented online, but are the weakest compared to Vamps/Mages.

[X] [Setting]
-[X] Game of Thrones

[X] [World of Darkness]
-[X] Werewolf the Forsaken |5 Tribes|5 Auspices|Gifts|Fetishes|Rituals|
-[X] Mage the Awakening |5 Paths|9 Spheres|2 affinity spheres, 1 hindered sphere|

[X] [Setting]
-[X] Witcher
-[X] Worm
-[X] Young Justice

[X] [World of Darkness]
-[X] Vampire the Requiem |5 Clans|85 Disciplines|5 Magic Types|
-[X] Vampire the Masquerade |14 Clans|28 Disciplines|19 Magic Trees|
-[X] Mage the Awakening |5 Paths|9 Spheres|2 affinity spheres, 1 hindered sphere|
-[X] Mage the Ascension |9 Spheres|1 Affinity|

I'm more approval voting the ones I like.

Since this is about the place it will be at I will note i will leave if Game of Thrones is chosen I just hate that setting.

Last edited:
[x] [Setting]
-[X] The Witcher

[x] [World of Darkness]
-[x] Mage the Awakening |5 Paths|9 Spheres|2 affinity spheres, 1 hindered sphere|

Hey OneSingleStep do you know other medieval settings? Have you ever read the berserk manga?

Last edited:
I'm more approval voting the ones I like.

Since this is about the place it will be at I will note i will leave if Game of Thrones is chosen I just hate that setting.
K, is that your approval priority?

Also that's understandable. It isn't my favorite but its really the only medieval setting I can think of that we wouldn't just steamroll even if GOT is still easy mode compared to worm.

[X] [Setting]
-[X] Game of Thrones

[X] [World of Darkness]
-[X] Werewolf the Forsaken |5 Tribes|5 Auspices|Gifts|Fetishes|Rituals|
We will become the Werewolf Emperor

[x] [Setting]
-[X] The Witcher

[x] [World of Darkness]
-[x] Mage the Awakening |5 Paths|9 Spheres|2 affinity spheres, 1 hindered sphere|

[x] [Setting]
-[X]Exalted

This is totally a good idea and definitely not going to go side ways instantly.

[X] [World of Darkness] Choose One preferably, any after the first will be your backup choices.
-[ ] Vampire the Requiem |5 Clans|85 Disciplines|5 Magic Types|

Monster, monster, and bloke.

Last edited:
[X] Write-in
-[X]Exalted

This is totally A good Idea and definitely not going to go side ways instantly.

[X] [World of Darkness] Choose One preferably, any after the first will be your backup choices.

Monster, monster, and bloke.
Lawl, at least you didn't vote Exalted as a Vampire. I can just see the Solar's blasting away.

Back