We're seven Grand Orders in and the closest we've come to an actual serious straight relationship is Marche getting jelly about Gudao fussing over lolibait of the week.

I don't think it's a problem.

Part of the issue is that – despite the two having nigh-identical dialogue choices and reactions in-game – I imagine Gudao as a fairly standard harem protagonist, complete with oh no marche don't tackle me to the ground to save me, your oppai are making my doki doki go sweatdrop (despite the fact that you're ostensibly in plate armour). Meanwhile, Gudako actually has a personality. Even if that personality is horrifying.

A more interesting option might be to totally invert Gudako as presented by the fandom – an insatiable, boisterous and egomaniacal lesbian psychopath driven insane by the gacha and her gleeful hatred of the devs. This would give you Gudao as... a gay tsundere shut-in with an excess of empathy and an obsessive love of the lore. Which seems even less likely, albeit somewhat more realistic.
Yeah but how many actual serious relationships have we even seen in Grand Order? Not just played for laughs gags like Kiyohime. Actual played-for-reals relationships between two characters (probably NPCs because of how this works.)

....Like, Rama and Siva, and that was a major part of their myth. Even Orion and Artemis got played for laughs.

The minute an actual relationship gets put on the table... hell, in all of anime how many real heartfelt lesbian couples are there? I can only really think of like two.

From /fgog/:
>Merlin: Well, I realize I may seem like a threatening caster? After all, I am a caster of grand. A chosen caster on par with the ling of magic.
>The other servants, especially the casters, are probably going to hate and envy me-
>and ultimately they'll get benched in favor of me! It's inevitable!
They knew exactly how broken he was when they put him in.

And summary anon posted a chapter 14 summary.

Finally.

Okay, so most of chapter 14 is about you going through Irkalla. There are a series of gates, and at each one you're asked a question. Answering properly does seem to make the battle easie; I tried experimenting on one choice, and the "wrong" option put me up against a green oni and the "right" option put me up against some skeletons.

As for the actual plot, none of your major teammates can follow you to Irkalla because being in the afterlife is apparently a "minus" to gods and heroic spirits. Ishtar gets you there by just blasting a hole in the ground or something at Kutha (Ereshikigal's main temple). You see some spooky spirits as you go along, and eventually come across the first gate of seven.

Ishtar explains how you need to go up against a trial, and then the gate calls you (by name, which Ishtar finds strange). The question is, paraphrasing, "Who is more beautiful, Ishtar or Ereshikigal?"

Ishtar is very annoyed.

Upon finishing the battle, you pass through the gate and Ishtar gets zapped. In the original myth she had to lose a piece of clothing with each gate, but in F/GO she just shrinks.

----
The second gate asks, again paraphrasing, "Say you came across a large stash of precious gems. Who would you entrust with the task of safekeeping it?", with the choices again being Ishtar and Ereshkigal.

When you reach the third gate, you find Gilgamesh, who is very amused to see a shrunken Ishtar. He exposits about Irkalla and I think Mashu asks him why he never tried going down here to rescue Enkidu. I don't remember Gil's answer, but I think he actually couldn't for whatever reason. Anyway the question this time is roughly "Think of a battle companion. Someone you believe in, adore, and attain victory together with. Who comes to mind?"

Your choices are Ishtar or Gilgamesh, and regardless which you pick it goes straight to the battle.

I don't remember what happened at gate 4. The question was "Humans desire only blessings from the gods, and thus devote their lives to them. Now answer: the fastidious goddess who deserves such effort is:", and the choices are again Ishtar and Ereshkigal.

At gate 5 (or maybe it was gate 4, I don't remember), Gilgamesh talks about how Ishtar and Ereshkigal are completely different. He gives this long story about some stupid stunt Ishtar pulled, and all you can really comment is that Ishtar sure is a free spirit. Then he talks about how Ereshkigal spent the entirety of her life trapped underground in Irkalla, with only the spirits of the dead as company. Anyways the question this time was kinda weird:

"Existence revolves around both minimizing and maximizing waste. As living beings, it is only natural to eat splendid meals, come up with ingenious schemes, and view amazing delights. But note: If you consume without end, you'll grow fat. In that case, the person you should entrust your life to is:"

In what I can only assume is some kind of pun, the choices are "Oil, Meat, and Ishtar" and "The gentle livered Ereshkigal".

Afterwards, the game skips the last few gates.
---
Oh yeah, after Gilgamesh talks about Ishtar and Ereshkigal he theorizes the reason he died was because Ereshkigal wanted to force (you) to visit her.

After you make it to the heart of Irkalla, Ereshkigal dramatically appears and makes the pressure to drop to 500 hecto pascals, which is half the usual sea level pressure. Roman urges you to defeat her before it gets any worse, but then she decides to reveal her ~true form~: Extra Rin.

Ishtar, Gilgamesh, and Mashu are stunned, but you are completely unsurprised. Ereshkigal can't understand why, so you explain that you already knew. I mean, you've already chatted with her four times. Ereshkigal is floored, because apparently she didn't know that she was talking to you in her true form. I guess this is why she was surprised you weren't scared of her, because she thought she was a giant spooky ghost.

Ereshkigal grabs her head and starts rolling around in embarassment, and Mashu asks if you should take the chance to attack. I guess (you) feel bad for her, so you tell Mashu to just wait.
---
Ereshkigal quickly recovers and gets serious. The way she sees it, you're doomed either way. Either she kills you now, or you die in two days when Gorgon comes back. Her goal is to conquer Uruk, attain the Holy Grail, and drop all of humanity into Irkalla. I get the feeling the implication is that this is how she intends to save her worshippers.

She tells you that if you decide to interfere, you will die too. You can then briefly break her poise by calling her "Ere-chan".

Anyway Gilgamesh notes that even if he might be dead right now, he's still royalty so he has the right to judge Ereshkigal for her treachery. He has a question for her: why did she join the Three Goddesses? Why did she reject her duty of protecting the Sumerian nation and cuture?

Ereshkigal thinks that's a stupid question, and declares her duty has never changed. As the being in charge of the afterlife, her reason for existence, her destiny is to confine every soul in existence in Irkalla. So if Gilgamesh intends to stand in her way, she is entirely ready to rain down some divine punishment. Gilgamesh is impressed with her speech, and declares there is no longer any need to ask any questions. He'll have her head, as simple as that.

Ereshkigal thinks Gil is being ridiculously overconfident, but before she starts the fight she has her own question for (you).

For as long as she's known, she's been in Irkalla. Joy, pleasure, sadness, friendship; she's never had any of that, but she's had to watch her other half cartwheel around above, free as a bird this entire time. Are you really going to judge her? The person who's been working so hard all this time for no praise whatsoever?

You can say you don't think she's a bad person, but you're probably supposed to say you don't care since all of that was her duty. Gilgamesh concurs, as no duh no human would praise her for killing people.
---
Gilgamesh says it's fine to lament about a duty forced upon you. It's also fine to abandon it entirely and seek another. But miring yourself in self-pity while doing it anyways is unacceptable. It's the same as insulting yourself. He finishes by agreeing with what you said.

If you pick the other option, Ereshkigal said she knew you'd understand and laughs in delight. She's certain she can take on anything now (which is why the fight is harder), and the fight starts immediately without Gilgamesh's interjection.

Incidentally, she's visibly hurt if you tell her you don't care. It's probably why the fight is easier.
---
Once you crit Ereshkigal to death, Ishtar returns to her normal size and Gilgamesh regains his power. Meanwhile Ereshkigal is resigned to her fate. You can say you don't think she's a bad person again, and the fact she goes "you're saying that now?" makes me even more certain you were supposed to reject her self-pity session.

Anyway Ereshkigal sticks to her "I am the feared ruler of the underworld, I hate all of human life" shtick, even if you call her out for lying. So eventually robed guy comes out of nowhere and decides to take matters into his own hands. He slashes her, and then easily dodges the arrow Ishtar shoots at him. He tells your group to calm down, as he didn't kill Ereshkigal. He killed her fate. And indeed, she's fine, though she's a little freaked out since she thought she got cut in half. That might be a gag on the animation though.

Gilgamesh demands to know who robed guy is, since he's clearly no ordinary person. Neither Gilgamesh, Solomon, nor Chaldea summoned him, so who called him here? Robed guy just dodges the question and addresses Ereshkigal.

Robed guy says that Ereshkigal's lying, and that she actually loves humanity. You say you knew it, but Ereshkigal continues to claim she only likes the souls she owns and keeps shut up in Irkalla. You tell her that's wrong, and robed guy talks over Ereshkigal's protests and reveals that she doesn't like dead people. She likes humanity, to whom death is inevitable. He says a bunch of other stuff too, but hell if I can decipher his speech patterns. But the general gist is that Ereshkigal is a good goddess. Gilgamesh pipes in too about how while Ereshkigal may not be as powerful as Gorgon, she can put her forces together with Uruk's to make a formidable force.

Gilgamesh gives her one last chance, and turns to (you) to sway her over. You can either say you want to fight Gorgon alongside her, or that you've already been friends for a while now.
---
Oh wait, a correction. Robed guy said he killed Ereshkigal's promise of alliance or something. I dunno, he talks weird.

Ereshkigal finally relents, but she has her pride so she says she'll repay your for this favor. If you're ever in need of help, call for her and she'll come bail you out. So with that said, she decides it's time to get back to administrating Irkalla so she gives you all permission to leave.

At that point, I think Gilgamesh asks Ishtar how you even get out of the afterlife anyways. Or something? All I really remember is that whatever answer Ishtar gives makes Gil bust out in laughter and makes you and Mashu go "sasuga Ishtar".

Anyway that's my summary of chapter 14. Jesus christ, I'm never summarizing a chapter without a text dump again.

They knew exactly how broken he was when they put him in.

And summary anon posted a chapter 14 summary.

Finally.

Okay, so most of chapter 14 is about you going through Irkalla. There are a series of gates, and at each one you're asked a question. Answering properly does seem to make the battle easie; I tried experimenting on one choice, and the "wrong" option put me up against a green oni and the "right" option put me up against some skeletons.

As for the actual plot, none of your major teammates can follow you to Irkalla because being in the afterlife is apparently a "minus" to gods and heroic spirits. Ishtar gets you there by just blasting a hole in the ground or something at Kutha (Ereshikigal's main temple). You see some spooky spirits as you go along, and eventually come across the first gate of seven.

Ishtar explains how you need to go up against a trial, and then the gate calls you (by name, which Ishtar finds strange). The question is, paraphrasing, "Who is more beautiful, Ishtar or Ereshikigal?"

Ishtar is very annoyed.

Upon finishing the battle, you pass through the gate and Ishtar gets zapped. In the original myth she had to lose a piece of clothing with each gate, but in F/GO she just shrinks.

----
The second gate asks, again paraphrasing, "Say you came across a large stash of precious gems. Who would you entrust with the task of safekeeping it?", with the choices again being Ishtar and Ereshkigal.

When you reach the third gate, you find Gilgamesh, who is very amused to see a shrunken Ishtar. He exposits about Irkalla and I think Mashu asks him why he never tried going down here to rescue Enkidu. I don't remember Gil's answer, but I think he actually couldn't for whatever reason. Anyway the question this time is roughly "Think of a battle companion. Someone you believe in, adore, and attain victory together with. Who comes to mind?"

Your choices are Ishtar or Gilgamesh, and regardless which you pick it goes straight to the battle.

I don't remember what happened at gate 4. The question was "Humans desire only blessings from the gods, and thus devote their lives to them. Now answer: the fastidious goddess who deserves such effort is:", and the choices are again Ishtar and Ereshkigal.

At gate 5 (or maybe it was gate 4, I don't remember), Gilgamesh talks about how Ishtar and Ereshkigal are completely different. He gives this long story about some stupid stunt Ishtar pulled, and all you can really comment is that Ishtar sure is a free spirit. Then he talks about how Ereshkigal spent the entirety of her life trapped underground in Irkalla, with only the spirits of the dead as company. Anyways the question this time was kinda weird:

"Existence revolves around both minimizing and maximizing waste. As living beings, it is only natural to eat splendid meals, come up with ingenious schemes, and view amazing delights. But note: If you consume without end, you'll grow fat. In that case, the person you should entrust your life to is:"

In what I can only assume is some kind of pun, the choices are "Oil, Meat, and Ishtar" and "The gentle livered Ereshkigal".

Afterwards, the game skips the last few gates.
---
Oh yeah, after Gilgamesh talks about Ishtar and Ereshkigal he theorizes the reason he died was because Ereshkigal wanted to force (you) to visit her.

After you make it to the heart of Irkalla, Ereshkigal dramatically appears and makes the pressure to drop to 500 hecto pascals, which is half the usual sea level pressure. Roman urges you to defeat her before it gets any worse, but then she decides to reveal her ~true form~: Extra Rin.

Ishtar, Gilgamesh, and Mashu are stunned, but you are completely unsurprised. Ereshkigal can't understand why, so you explain that you already knew. I mean, you've already chatted with her four times. Ereshkigal is floored, because apparently she didn't know that she was talking to you in her true form. I guess this is why she was surprised you weren't scared of her, because she thought she was a giant spooky ghost.

Ereshkigal grabs her head and starts rolling around in embarassment, and Mashu asks if you should take the chance to attack. I guess (you) feel bad for her, so you tell Mashu to just wait.
---
Ereshkigal quickly recovers and gets serious. The way she sees it, you're doomed either way. Either she kills you now, or you die in two days when Gorgon comes back. Her goal is to conquer Uruk, attain the Holy Grail, and drop all of humanity into Irkalla. I get the feeling the implication is that this is how she intends to save her worshippers.

She tells you that if you decide to interfere, you will die too. You can then briefly break her poise by calling her "Ere-chan".

Anyway Gilgamesh notes that even if he might be dead right now, he's still royalty so he has the right to judge Ereshkigal for her treachery. He has a question for her: why did she join the Three Goddesses? Why did she reject her duty of protecting the Sumerian nation and cuture?

Ereshkigal thinks that's a stupid question, and declares her duty has never changed. As the being in charge of the afterlife, her reason for existence, her destiny is to confine every soul in existence in Irkalla. So if Gilgamesh intends to stand in her way, she is entirely ready to rain down some divine punishment. Gilgamesh is impressed with her speech, and declares there is no longer any need to ask any questions. He'll have her head, as simple as that.

Ereshkigal thinks Gil is being ridiculously overconfident, but before she starts the fight she has her own question for (you).

For as long as she's known, she's been in Irkalla. Joy, pleasure, sadness, friendship; she's never had any of that, but she's had to watch her other half cartwheel around above, free as a bird this entire time. Are you really going to judge her? The person who's been working so hard all this time for no praise whatsoever?

You can say you don't think she's a bad person, but you're probably supposed to say you don't care since all of that was her duty. Gilgamesh concurs, as no duh no human would praise her for killing people.
---
Gilgamesh says it's fine to lament about a duty forced upon you. It's also fine to abandon it entirely and seek another. But miring yourself in self-pity while doing it anyways is unacceptable. It's the same as insulting yourself. He finishes by agreeing with what you said.

If you pick the other option, Ereshkigal said she knew you'd understand and laughs in delight. She's certain she can take on anything now (which is why the fight is harder), and the fight starts immediately without Gilgamesh's interjection.

Incidentally, she's visibly hurt if you tell her you don't care. It's probably why the fight is easier.
---
Once you crit Ereshkigal to death, Ishtar returns to her normal size and Gilgamesh regains his power. Meanwhile Ereshkigal is resigned to her fate. You can say you don't think she's a bad person again, and the fact she goes "you're saying that now?" makes me even more certain you were supposed to reject her self-pity session.

Anyway Ereshkigal sticks to her "I am the feared ruler of the underworld, I hate all of human life" shtick, even if you call her out for lying. So eventually robed guy comes out of nowhere and decides to take matters into his own hands. He slashes her, and then easily dodges the arrow Ishtar shoots at him. He tells your group to calm down, as he didn't kill Ereshkigal. He killed her fate. And indeed, she's fine, though she's a little freaked out since she thought she got cut in half. That might be a gag on the animation though.

Gilgamesh demands to know who robed guy is, since he's clearly no ordinary person. Neither Gilgamesh, Solomon, nor Chaldea summoned him, so who called him here? Robed guy just dodges the question and addresses Ereshkigal.

Robed guy says that Ereshkigal's lying, and that she actually loves humanity. You say you knew it, but Ereshkigal continues to claim she only likes the souls she owns and keeps shut up in Irkalla. You tell her that's wrong, and robed guy talks over Ereshkigal's protests and reveals that she doesn't like dead people. She likes humanity, to whom death is inevitable. He says a bunch of other stuff too, but hell if I can decipher his speech patterns. But the general gist is that Ereshkigal is a good goddess. Gilgamesh pipes in too about how while Ereshkigal may not be as powerful as Gorgon, she can put her forces together with Uruk's to make a formidable force.

Gilgamesh gives her one last chance, and turns to (you) to sway her over. You can either say you want to fight Gorgon alongside her, or that you've already been friends for a while now.
---
Oh wait, a correction. Robed guy said he killed Ereshkigal's promise of alliance or something. I dunno, he talks weird.

Ereshkigal finally relents, but she has her pride so she says she'll repay your for this favor. If you're ever in need of help, call for her and she'll come bail you out. So with that said, she decides it's time to get back to administrating Irkalla so she gives you all permission to leave.

At that point, I think Gilgamesh asks Ishtar how you even get out of the afterlife anyways. Or something? All I really remember is that whatever answer Ishtar gives makes Gil bust out in laughter and makes you and Mashu go "sasuga Ishtar".

Anyway that's my summary of chapter 14. Jesus christ, I'm never summarizing a chapter without a text dump again.

Well that pretty much confirmed that King Hassan has the MEoDP

That's amazeballs. That's amazing. My gods. My sides.

I'm going to need to finish London so I can play this.

Also:

Ishtar, Gilgamesh, and Mashu are stunned, but you are completely unsurprised. Ereshkigal can't understand why, so you explain that you already knew. I mean, you've already chatted with her four times. Ereshkigal is floored, because apparently she didn't know that she was talking to you in hertrue form. I guess this is why she was surprised you weren't scared of her, because she thought she was a giant spooky ghost.

More hinting at Clairvoyance from the protag.

... Um. Just pointing out something here. I mean, @fallacies did it first, but.

a) The very last human magecraft user.
b) The one thought of as a hero by all of humanity that's left.
c) The one who stands against the apocalypse.
d) The one whose legend spans both time and space. (By cheating, but there's precedent with Gil and "Uruk was the whole world, so I ruled the world").
e) All together: a legendary heroic magic-using defender of humanity whose fame is known to all of humanity (even if that's all of like ten people.)

... and, f) possessor of some form of true sight.

Grand Caster Gudako when?

I'm done with Babylon and Cleo was the unexpected MVP of the order. Best Pharaoh.
You ask me, Cleo's the OP direct damage 5* Assassin, not King Hassan. Her NP charges stupid fucking fast, she does a bunch of damage with NPBB chains and/or when IP's Attack buff procs, she's got an Invuln to round out her survival tools, and she can still do the Assassin job of actually generating some damn stars (such as with the Instinct stapled to her aforementioned Invuln). Jackie's niche is just farting stars at an incredibly high speed and slaughtering non-Caster girls.

Grand Caster Gudako uses brutal violence against Solomon as her attack animations. Your target has the misfortune of being in the way.
Buster: Solomon is choked by Gudako before a burst of fire. One Hit.
Extra: Solomon summons several Demon Pillars to beam Gudako to death. He then gets Libre'd by Gudako from above. Six hits.

Summary anon posted some quick bullet points about the Kingu/Enkidu stuff.

>Enkidu was loved by the people of Uruk.
>Some civilians even called him "green friend".
>The Soldiers called him Enkidu-sama.
>When the real Enkidu died, his body was preserved in a mausoleum (?) and civilians would go and visit him.
>Uruk and the underworld are connected (?) So if a person dies, only the body dies but the soul remains in Irkalla (?) The exception to this is Enkidu because he is technically not human, he is a vessel with a soul. When his body dies, his soul is gone forever. That's why Gil and Enkidu can't never be reunited (Ereshkigal comments on how tragic this all is or something)
>One day Enkidu's body disappeared from the mausoleum and Gil got very angry
>When Kingu was "born" (his soul was "plugged" into Enkidu's vessel) he immediately knew that he wasn't Enkidu
>Some civilians recognized him and he got angry. He could sense his body's memories but he knew they weren't his own.
>He was very conflicted when fighting Uruk soldiers. He didn't want to kill them but he thought it was because of his body's feelings. >Kingu always refers to Gilgamesh by his full name, never Gil.
>Kingu has full control of Enkidu's vessel when fighting. Except when he encounters Gil. He can't fight Gil. His body won't listen to him. That's why he always retreats.
>Gil knew immediately that Kingu wasn't Enkidu. He never calls him Enkidu, only Kingu.
>Kingu almost died when Tiamat betrayed him (How did this happen again?) and took the Holy Grail he had (did he have one to begin with?) and apparently it left a whole on his chest after it was removed (?)
>Kingu had a conversation with Solomon's soul (Please someone expand on this, I didn't get any of it)
---
>When he was injured and almost dying, he unconsiously goes to a place called Heavenly Hill (?) This is the place where Enkidu and Gil met and became friends.
>Ishtar (or someone else, I don't really remember) tells Gil that Kingu no longer had a grail so Gil starts looking for him.
>Gil found him at Heavenly Hill (he knew he was going to be there) ang gave him a grail.
>Kingu got mad thinking that Gil was helping him because he too thought he was Enkidu
>Gil was like "fool I never thought you were Enkidu, you're a citizen of Uruk, it is my responsibility to help the subjects of my kingdom"
>Kingu still didn't understand. He said there was no reason for Gil to help Tiamat's "tool"
>When Gil was leaving he said "use that grail and close that whole in your chest...I don't want to see his body disappear again in front of my eyes" "You're free, you are not the gods' tool, you have your own will and you're free to do whatever you want" (or something like that, very rough translations here)
>Kingu was like "I don't have anything I wants to do"
>During the final fight against Tiamat, Kingu helps Guda because he realized that the only thing he wanted to do was protect Uruk. Gilgamesh's Uruk.
---
>"I wanted to see him again" "I wanted to talk to him again" "There are so many memories in this body that I wanted to share with you, Gil" (This is the only time he refers to Gilgamesh as Gil) These are all thoughts Kingu has had but has been ignoring
>"But I can not do it for I am not Enkidu, I'm not the gods' tool either, I am Kingu"
>He awakens Enkidu's Enuma Elish to fight against his own destiny.
>Gil sees all this and is pleased to see that Kingu stopped thinking of himself as a tool.
>When Kingu fights as an avenger Roman (I think it was Roman) mentions Kingu can be summoned as any class, except Lancer.
>It seems that the real Enkidu (you) summon knows of what happened with Kingu in the story and in his bond5 line he says that he'll too start to think of himself as a real person and not just a tool.

Geez, those Ushis surprised me. Got destroyed when I used my usual comps for story -- which kind of makes me realize how skewed towards ST Servants they are.

No joke, it's the first time I've wiped in the story since Okeanos.

Lancer Alter and Friend Gil time, I suppose. Should be enough to destroy both waves.

Back