In other words, depending on whether you use Zero mats or LEM2, Waver becomes Lord El-Melloi II by singlehandedly saving their family from falling to ruin and is made the interim Lord until Reines takes over, or he ends up forced into it by Reines for his work in keeping their classroom running because Reines is a sadist, where he clearly doesn't want the role.

The Waver that's being posited in the original post, one who never grows, who hates the older magi for being lazy, and who uses something like a political marriage to increase his influence, just straight up doesn't exist.

Last edited:
Guys, he's already said he refuses to support his points with citations.

That already means he doesn't care about our opinion, and thus has lost the right to have us care about his, or really to have any meaningful discussion on a public internet forum. Just set him on ignore and talk to someone more receptive, like a potted plant.

Likely hood that the new director suffers critical existence failure? I think it's a possibility since it has already happened to Olga and Romani, the replacement suffering it would be a simple exercise of the Rule of Three.

Likely hood that the new director suffers critical existence failure? I think it's a possibility since it has already happened to Olga and Romani, the replacement suffering it would be a simple exercise of the Rule of Three.
"Director of Chaldea" is like "Defense Against The Dark Arts Teacher". No one's gonna last long in it. It'll end up becoming a recognised method of assassination to recommend someone to the position before long.

In other words, depending on whether you use Zero mats or LEM2, Waver becomes Lord El-Melloi II by singlehandedly saving their family from falling to ruin and is made the interim Lord until Reines takes over, or he ends up forced into it by Reines for his work in keeping their classroom running because Reines is a sadist, where he clearly doesn't want the role.

The Waver that's being posited in the original post, one who never grows, who hates the older magi for being lazy, and who uses something like a political marriage to increase his influence, just straight up doesn't exist.

Which do you prefer on how waver became lord el melloi?
I prefer the first as he earned it on his skills instead of reines being a little bithc.

Which do you prefer on how waver became lord el melloi?
I prefer the first as he earned it on his skills instead of reines being a little bithc.
Both of them have Waver earning the position on the merit of his own skills. He wouldn't have been picked if it hadn't been for his teaching capabilities, managing to keep the classroom afloat, and producing excellent students.

"Director of Chaldea" is like "Defense Against The Dark Arts Teacher". No one's gonna last long in it. It'll end up becoming a recognised method of assassination to recommend someone to the position before long.
Rumor will have it that the position is cursed by every Beast that would have ever existed, that to preside over Chaldea is to stand against all of humanity's Evils; a position of great prestige, but also of grave peril.

I'm just wondering at which point during Part 2 da Vinci is going bite za dusto.

Rumor will have it that the position is cursed by every Beast that would have ever existed, that to preside over Chaldea is to stand against all of humanity's Evils; a position of great prestige, but also of grave peril.
In fact, it is said that someone holding the position for too long is the trigger for BEAST ∅'s summoning.

Can't it be both?

Tfw the only good part of Apocrypha are the Antagonists and the side characters while the main characters are all boring pieces of cardboard

Last edited:

'cept Astolfo. Astolfo is an entertaining piece of cardboard.

Astolfo is best boy.

It's been brought up before, so I feel like bringing it up again, but Apocrypha had a lot of potential. It was never going to be an incredible story, simply because it had too many characters (15 Servants, 7 Masters, 1 Sieg) to be able to flesh them all out in a reasonable length of time, but it did have potential.

I mean Shishigou and Mordred are both pretty cool. So Higashide clearly has some talent as a writer.

I will forever be salty than Solomon and Fran never even interacted despite their interests/wishes having some intersection.
Achilles and Siegfried had barely any interaction despite being obvious choices for the "invulnerable warrior" thing, Karna didn't use Vasavi on the giant unkillable monster that would wreck everyone's shit, Fran didn't come back to life so Sieg could steal her powers, they don't play up the rivalry that Jeanne and Amakusa could have nearly enough, the list just goes on and on.

Alert: THIS IS WHY WE CAN'T HAVE NICE THINGS
In Fate Zero, Waver wrote a term paper that was a manifesto stating that the older families of Magi are lazy and should turn over their research to the younger famlies as they were hard working and could use that research better.
Citations rejected. I did not enjoy reading about the adventures of 'best caster' and 'best king' when I first read them. I am not going to go back and read them again because you demand a source for the details of his term paper. I am not your Nasupedia.
this is why we can't have nice things @Matou Sutegobana, this may not be a term paper you need MLA citations for, but making firm claims like you are that are then widely rebutted by... apparently everyone else here, is frowned on. Especially when you rather pointedly refuse to support said claims when asked. I'm not particularly interested in playing referee in a debate on something as self-contradicting as Nasuverse canon, but basic standards of debate still apply even in here. If you're going to make a claim that the rest of the thread points out is rather strong and inconsistent with the source, you need to either be prepared to support it with evidence of your own, retract it, or just fall silent. Pointed 'no I won't support my claim fuck you' is a way to get unfavorable attention.

Turing Decidable-kouhai is on watch here. He will alert me to further displays of poor behavior. Everyone behave.

Back