TTGL: Mirror's Edge

Mate, not all of us have the three time to reply immediately like everyone else does. Had i posted yesterday before sleep, i almost certainly would have gotten less than three hours of sleep over all, for a work day following that requires constant energy and awareness to complete. I should be able to post today however, if i can find the time in my already packed schedule.

I'm aware that this tapping foot thing has become some sort of in-joke or meme on another RP that you're involved in, but it's not half as amusing over here; You kind of come across as impatient and rude to be honest.

Mate, not all of us have the three time to reply immediately like everyone else does. Had i posted yesterday before sleep, i almost certainly would have gotten less than three hours of sleep over all, for a work day following that requires constant energy and awareness to complete. I should be able to post today however, if i can find the time in my already packed schedule.

I'm aware that this tapping foot thing has become some sort of in-joke or meme on another RP that you're involved in, but it's not half as amusing over here; You kind of come across as impatient and rude to be honest.

I apologize. I won't do it again.

I apologize. I won't do it again.

It's okay, i was stressed out when i wrote that since i was running late for work.

Good news though; Since i was unable to make it into work today after all due to problems with transport, i should be easily able to update the IC with my responses today.

Please don't feel bad about the taps foot thing though. I was very annoyed when i responded and i fear i may have worded it much more harshly than i intended.

It's okay, i was stressed out when i wrote that since i was running late for work.

Good news though; Since i was unable to make it into work today after all due to problems with transport, i should be easily able to update the IC with my responses today.

Please don't feel bad about the taps foot thing though. I was very annoyed when i responded and i fear i may have worded it much more harshly than i intended.

T-Today?

It's 3AM where I am :V

@matthew badger
I'm a bit confused about the Gunmen explosion. I don't think that Gunmen are shown exploding from getting shot in the entire series. Hell, I don't think they're shown exploding period. In fact, Yoko at one point does what Pierre just did: shoot a Gunmen dead-center through the cockpit. It just falls to the ground.

I'm primarily suggesting this change because the explosion likely caused severe damage to the Gunmen's internals. I could be wrong, but to me it doesn't look like the Gunmen's crawling is due to an injured pilot, it just looks like it's having trouble standing because its most vital area is critically damaged. This is the Gunmen that I want the most, and would really appreciate it if Kento or Sable doesn't end up dragging a hunk of junk back to Neptunia with them.

@matthew badger
I'm a bit confused about the Gunmen explosion. I don't think that Gunmen are shown exploding from getting shot in the entire series. Hell, I don't think they're shown exploding period. In fact, Yoko at one point does what Pierre just did: shoot a Gunmen dead-center through the cockpit. It just falls to the ground.

I'm primarily suggesting this change because the explosion likely caused severe damage to the Gunmen's internals. I could be wrong, but to me it doesn't look like the Gunmen's crawling is due to an injured pilot, it just looks like it's having trouble standing because its most vital area is critically damaged. This is the Gunmen that I want the most, and would really appreciate it if Kento or Sable doesn't end up dragging a hunk of junk back to Neptunia with them.

The explosion looks like this:

It's mostly visual and will not impact the gunman's ability to function too much. I assure you that the crawling has a reason besides structural damage, you just have to discover it.

@matthew badger
If I powerplayed, let me know and I'll edit. I wanted to just move on from this encounter as fast as possible to make sure the roleplay could survive, and since the Beastman was almost dead, I figured it wouldn't be able to mount a defense.

@matthew badger
If I powerplayed, let me know and I'll edit. I wanted to just move on from this encounter as fast as possible to make sure the roleplay could survive, and since the Beastman was almost dead, I figured it wouldn't be able to mount a defense.

Luckily, your post exactly matched what i had in my head beforehand; The beast-man dying on the floor with half his torso removed, moments away from death - Had you described it differently, i would have commented about overstepping, however your post was spot on. I especially liked the way you inserted an emotional scene at the end, it's good character growth.

However, i will caution you from making suck massive assumptions in the future, even for such a noble cause as preserving the RP's survival - It may not have been negative this time, but it could cause problems later on if mishandled.

Over all, i'm happy with the post and contrary to the tone of (Most of) my previous statements, really enjoyed the way it played out. I would love to see more of this stuff in the future, if you can provide it! :D

@GTenon, @KnightDisciple, @Sablonus

Since we are bound to receive an influx of RP'ers soon-ish, i thought it would be prudent to discuss my scheduling and opportunities to improve response times; Even at a max capacity of three members, i find it slightly difficult to keep up with updates when they intersect important daily activities. Here is some vital information regarding when i can and can not respond to the RP:

The days when my schedule seems most open (And therefore most available for update posts and RP interaction) Include Thursday night, all of Friday, all of Saturday and possibly Sunday morning. This is due to the fact that i am off work for those time periods, and can therefore reply to any RP responses made on those days. On the other hand, i am pretty much unavailable from Sunday night through to Thursday morning, due to the fact that i need to catch early nights before work. On these work days, i have practically zero free time in between commuting, working, shopping, cooking, gardening and washing up.

As a result of this schedule arrangement, it would be best to actively respond to me before and during; Thursday, Friday, Saturday and possibly Sunday, if you catch me in the morning. If i am unavailable for the rest of the week (Not likely, but still possible), don't worry - I will almost certainly get back to you by Thursday at least. :)

Hopefully, by the time new people arrive to the RP, the scheduling will be all sorted and everyone will be capable of responding actively and fluidly. That's all for now, have fun everyone. :D

(Also, I apologise for any past problems with the RP incurred by my negligence - As my first RP as GM, this is definitely turning out to be a learning experience :oops:)

Edit:
This does not mean that i cannot respond on work days (for how would i be responding right now, if so?). Rather, i will most likely have opportunities at random times to converse on these days, but nowhere near the required time to write out proper updates.

All i am suggesting here is to expect sporadic results on days during work at best, rather than reliable update sources/schedules.

Last edited:
@GTenon, @KnightDisciple, @Sablonus

Since we are bound to receive an influx of RP'ers soon-ish, i thought it would be prudent to discuss my scheduling and opportunities to improve response times; Even at a max capacity of three members, i find it slightly difficult to keep up with updates when they intersect important daily activities. Here is some vital information regarding when i can and can not respond to the RP:

The days when my schedule seems most open (And therefore most available for update posts and RP interaction) Include Thursday night, all of Friday, all of Saturday and possibly Sunday morning. This is due to the fact that i am off work for those time periods, and can therefore reply to any RP responses made on those days. On the other hand, i am pretty much unavailable from Sunday night through to Thursday morning, due to the fact that i need to catch early nights before work. On these work days, i have practically zero free time in between commuting, working, shopping, cooking, gardening and washing up.

As a result of this schedule arrangement, it would be best to actively respond to me before and during; Thursday, Friday, Saturday and possibly Sunday, if you catch me in the morning. If i am unavailable for the rest of the week (Not likely, but still possible), don't worry - I will almost certainly get back to you by Thursday at least. :)

Hopefully, by the time new people arrive to the RP, the scheduling will be all sorted and everyone will be capable of responding actively and fluidly. That's all for now, have fun everyone. :D

(Also, I apologise for any past problems with the RP incurred by my negligence - As my first RP as GM, this is definitely turning out to be a learning experience :oops:)

Edit:
This does not mean that i cannot respond on work days (for how would i be responding right now, if so?). Rather, i will most likely have opportunities at random times to converse on these days, but nowhere near the required time to write out proper updates.

All i am suggesting here is to expect sporadic results on days during work at best, rather than reliable update sources/schedules.

Hm...maybe it would be better then for @KnightDisciple and @Sablonus to respond tonight or tomorrow...that way you have the most time to work on your posts and get it out of the way.

Hm...maybe it would be better then for @KnightDisciple and @Sablonus to respond tonight or tomorrow...that way you have the most time to work on your posts and get it out of the way.
I don't really know what I should do for a response right now; the other 3 characters are all working on highjacking Gunmen, and are having enough success that just having Kento punch the enemy mecha seems like an actively bad idea.

On it.

Do I respond to me tumbling around the cockpit? Do I get to my feet afterwards to do my next attack?

Well Matt did say that with your results you won't be able to defeat the Beastman until next turn. I'd say have Sable just react to the lurching, yeah. You basically lost a turn, but since the Beastman is focused on piloting his mecha, hopefully it should have no opportunity to attack you directly.

I don't really know what I should do for a response right now; the other 3 characters are all working on highjacking Gunmen, and are having enough success that just having Kento punch the enemy mecha seems like an actively bad idea.

Then have Kento stand around and do nothing. Or, given that @matthew badger basically said that my post was accurate, maybe have him react to the fact that Pierre just executed a dying Beastman, maybe try to comfort him after he realizes that Pierre is crying.

Well Matt did say that with your results you won't be able to defeat the Beastman until next turn. I'd say have Sable just react to the lurching, yeah. You basically lost a turn, but since the Beastman is focused on piloting his mecha, hopefully it should have no opportunity to attack you directly.

Then have Kento stand around and do nothing. Or, given that @matthew badger basically said that my post was accurate, maybe have him react to the fact that Pierre just executed a dying Beastman, maybe try to comfort him after he realizes that Pierre is crying.
I'll try to get something up tomorrow. How visible is Pierre for Kento, with where he is right now?

I'll try to get something up tomorrow. How visible is Pierre for Kento, with where he is right now?

Well he's still standing on top of the bird Gunmen, which is maybe...forty feet away? It's so big though that the relative distance between you and the bird Gunmen is more like ten feet, and with your optics you should be able to zoom in and see him pretty clearly. He's turned away from you, but you can see him quivering, and he's obviously-shaken up. The poor kid might start sobbing if you wait too long. If somebody does attack him though, his rifle is still hanging from his shoulders and he'll jump right back into action. He's just holstered his weapon.

Back