The Young Quest Champions - Recs, Reviews, and Promotion for New Quests

One's a Magia Record Quest, while the other is a Jojo Quest(which there's a severe lack of). Pick what you want, I'd love to have more voters.
forums.sufficientvelocity.com

Puella Magi Amor Ludos

Your name is Nathaniel Heath. Her name is Dahlia Sawyer. You both love each other very much. There’s just one problem: she’s a magical girl. There’s also an absolute eldritch abomination on the horizon, but priorities.

Silent Spectrals - Jojo’s Bizarre Adventure Side Story

In the new world formed by Made In Heaven, Emporio Alnino is the only one that remembers anything after the events of the universe resetting. After a horrid accident that results in his disappearance, and the reappearance of some familiar relics, a new generation of Stand users must awaken their...

Hello everyone, I just started a new fantasy quest about doing occult research in a world that's mostly forgotten itself. The vibes are 'pre-industrial solarpunk', if that makes sense. Here's the link!

So, I'll come out and say it that most of the quests I've started have ended within a few weeks. After talking with multiple people who I trust and have significant amounts of being a quest writer and a quester themselves under their belts I've determined my problem with running a quest is I need a co-GM. Sorry if this sounds odd I'm just trying to write this as straightforward as possible.

I want to write a Civ Quest starting in the Bronze Age Collapse and moving into the iron age. I can and am able to write the quest on my own, I'm not asking for a co-author to do the work for me, I just continue to fail to keep up with quests due to the mechanical nature of such quests and a general lack of someone to bounce ideas off of due to a lack of confidence in myself. I can write out an entire premise but my own self-criticism will keep me from posting it due to a fear of it being horrible so someone able to just simply listen to my ideas and give me honest opinions would be awesome. Secondly is mechanics which I'll say is mainly just the math of the issue, I have an almost crippling inability to envision the proper math or mechanics needed to run a quest on a decent scale.

Yes I know I can look at multiple quests others have written as an example but.... I don't really understand how they work either... it is all just gibberish to me despite my love of the writing its attached to. Someone who can help me in this field would be given the largest amount of gratitude.

My only real "requirement" is an ability to message via discord for quickness of conversation. Otherwise there's no real needs except for above. I don't really know how to end this so I'm just gonna hit enter here.

Made a parliament quest that different from the "normal" quests of the type is not "held" on earth but on the 41 millennium.

Guide the Sidonia forgeworld into a bright future or prepare for ruin, a fight of ideologies and policy among the usually insular priests of Mars.

Lex Mechanica Sci-Fi

Welcome to Lex Mechanica can you guide this forgeworld into a bright future ? this is a parliamentary Quest in the future of the forty-first millennium, inspired by Excellent quests of such type ( Paix Française, Little Trouble in Big China, and Springtime of Nations: A German Republic Quest)...

Hey there! I've gotten back to updating Questant again after a two month break I hadn't planned to take.
After 48 hours I've had uh... no votes. On either platform.
I may be confident that I have a readership, and I feel I've put the time into promoting my forumventure updates to different art and fic circles on discord where it'd be relevant. The problem is that this doesn't mean people are going to sign up for the forum and participate.

I've got a mix of "what can I do to improve this" thoughts, existing plans, and a hope that once I'm writing a more active / dynamic section of the narrative and putting it out, that means there'll be better engagement.

My Concerns

• I'm pretty sure the quest is a slog to read the opening of.
    • I go between worldbuilding infodumps and sections without it, as I'm a fan of infodumps but I worried I was going too far, especially whether for how believable that is, but also because I did want to try and pace myself on revealing too much. The setting is vibe heavy, and many of the worldbuilding and 'mechanics' are fluid and expansive in nature, so I feel like... I could just infodump for hours, and that's not conducive to the narrative.
    • until Klevas is a character design, the narrative has 1.5 characters in play, and up until a few updates or so from now there will remain 2 characters. It'll expand to 3 then 4 pretty quickly, and then shortly after the cast expands to "watch how many background characters who can become a main cast character I can cram into every shot", because dear fuck do I find that fun even if it's suffering
    • My intent to resolve this will be that once I'm past this 'tutorial level' sequence, I'll be doing a recap of the narrative, and prompting a "New Reader? Recap to catch you up" in the first update.
  • Original fiction, namely Quests, can struggle on any questing platform
    • This has been what I've observed over the last decade or so, unless there's a fairly even share of original media. There are plenty of highly active quests, original or fanventures, which is great... but they can languish
    • this is one of the largest platforms, and unfortunately I dont expect I can adapt the format to QuestDen and move there in hopes of an engaged audience that submits commands.
    • Because of how active the forum is, every update cycle I'm competing with new and existing quests for visibility on the first however many pages the average user bothers to browse
  • Mirroring was advised against, but should that really have impacted things? The other forum I mirror to is due to it being a pokemon fic forum, and I expected the mon taming element would make it of interest to the community I engage with there. It's a much smaller forum, someone else noted in a chat recently that there's only just over 400 people. Does mirroring really scare people off? I get it was advised against in the event that folks will dislike competition, but I had my doubts that would even be problem. Maybe somehow a year from now it becomes one, but I doubt it.
  • Tagging.
    • Because the setting is an original universe with multiversal lore, I worry tagging multiverse sets up the expectation that I'm working with Media Property settings, when I'm not. I'd like to not have legal issues yknow? so idk if there's a good tag there
    • Otherwise, how many people actually search for quests with tags? If I change up my tagging, how much will that really help for getting active users? If there's more accurate tags I can give for the current scope of the narrative (which will expand / change as the narrative progresses, tho not wildly like becoming a city builder), I'd greatly appreciate them
  • Target Audience / Experimental narrative issues. I dont know if the type of reader that'd be a good fit for my narrative is on here, or if the active flow of the forum (like mentioned with competition for visibility) just prevents my narrative from attracting readers
  • Update Reliability
    • There's not much I can change on this. I'm a disabled self-taught artist and writer, and while I have a bit of "free-time" I still have a fair bit of errands to take care of in my daily life. I'm medicated, but I still have to pace myself and a depressive episode or chronic illness recurring could wipe a week or two out.
    • I've known for years that update reliability is a major factor to attracting an audience to a webcomic / forumventure / what have you. I was in the homestuck fandom so I know that's the case, and I see it play out a bit here.
    • I'm trying to make things happen weekly, but idk how reliable that'll be, and if I dont get a clear majority early into voting periods that causes a delay because beyond drafting out multiple updates in advance there are still aspects that will remain open.
I had more thoughts, but I cant remember them.
I'm concerned for the future of my quest, as while I think I can get by pushing out an update or two where I make a decision based on what would fit the character(s) respectively.. I would make it a fic if I wanted to run it that way.
I know this thread doesnt have a ton of crit given, but I've meant to ask for some for a while. The issues I see might not even be the ones others have.

edit: forgot to say I intend to also run an easier to update / lighter forumventure here that I'm working on posting sometime in the next week or two. If I have to put Questant on a backburner I will, but idk. You'll probably see me put the simpler one here too in a while.

Last edited:

About that one dreamer stuck in a nightmare.

You will dream a lot. You will learn some things. You will certainly despaire.

I really like the author's prose, they're so good at writing esoteric horror and fantasy. And from the first chapter things always veer off to interesting directions. They have just returned back after a hiatus and I feel they deserve more readers, so here's my rec.

Back