The Twisted City : A Riot Quest

It is true. Junior Committee Member Barros seems to have performed admirably in defending himself from the snorpiopede, thus validating the decision to include him on the committee and reflecting positively on the leadership provided by the senior committee members.

Everyone would do well to follow his example.
thanks! but you are a bit behind I already am! I made mage a turn back which lead me to auction house diving to pay off a debt to a shadowy teacher. I am now your friendly neighborhood enchanter.

I meant @Phigment. They got two tens on their Training roll.

Am I allowed to join this quest or is this quest full?

The quest accepts everyone.

Edit: Damn I'm good. @10ebbor10 should I choose some actions because it looks like I lit this thing up.

Yeah, you made it out fine. On that note, you can explode those rolls if you want to actually hurt the snorpiopede (which reminds me, I forgot to add a few actions), but backlash is still a thing.

I made mage a turn back which lead me to auction house diving to pay off a debt to a shadowy teacher. I am now your friendly neighborhood enchanter.

I forgot about that one. But eh, fine, I'll give you the gems because it's my error.

Edit2: at least the danger rolls don't seem too bad.

The danger rolls aren't additive btw. They refer to a few vague scenarios, which I utilize and adapt as needed. They're ranked so that lower is worse than higher, and they do share common traits.

Last edited:
The quest accepts everyone.

Yeah, you made it out fine. On that note, you can explode those rolls if you want to actually hurt the snorpiopede (which reminds me, I forgot to add a few actions), but backlash is still a thing.

I forgot about that one. But eh, fine, I'll give you the gems because it's my error.

The danger rolls aren't additive btw. They refer to a few vague scenarios, which I utilize and adapt as needed. They're ranked so that lower is worse than higher, and they do share common traits.

Yay I'm out of debt to shadowy forces!

I'm new! Let's rock

[X] Experiment
-[X] Crystal Constructs [0/20]
[X] Scavenge
-[X] Look for Food [Gain result/2]

EDIT: so, I contributed to feed 3 guys. Nice.
Tomcost threw 1 10-faced dice. Reason: Constructs Total: 4
4 4
Tomcost threw 1 10-faced dice. Reason: Food Total: 7
7 7

Last edited:
Drop the wand (Roll 3d10: Highest needs to be above 6 to regain your grip and avoid falling to your death)
Oh please, oh please, oh please...
EDIT: Well then. Maybe I should have kept the wand...
bdun140 threw 3 10-faced dice. Reason: HOLD ON FOR DEAR LIFE! Total: 16
9 9 3 3 4 4

[x] Scavenge
-[x] Material
[x] Scavenge
-[x] Material
evtd threw 1 10-faced dice. Reason: mats 1 Total: 7
7 7
evtd threw 1 10-faced dice. Reason: mats 2 Total: 7
7 7

[x] Experiment
-[x] Crystal Weaponry/Armor [0/20]
[x] Scavenge
-[x] Material
Vanestus threw 1 10-faced dice. Reason: Experiment Total: 2
2 2
Vanestus threw 1 10-faced dice. Reason: Scavenge Total: 7
7 7

Well, @Nevill , I've got good news and bad news, and additional good news.

The good news is that both of the junior committee members managed to survive their brush with the charming local wildlife. And the more mission-oriented of them even managed to hang on to his loot!

That bad news is that the local wildlife is consequently still hungry.

Which leaves us with additional good news: The local wildlife was just some creepy magical aberrations bent on murder, NOT vampire bats out to drain my blood. In fact, the Lean-to constructed earlier has proved to be 100% effective at preventing vampire bat attacks. Thus demonstrating my extreme good judgement in building it.

How do you handle two dangerous actions?

Normally, a dangerous action would be resolved last since it'd require a player's prompt which would determine if they live or die. Having two dangerous actions seems weird because it makes the player act in two different instances/places without guaranteeing he'd survive either to experience the other.

You know what I think that I have been trying to be too safe in my adventures so far.
Initiate plan: No Risk, No Reward. (aka become a skaven (rat man mad scientist.))
[X] Your talent [ Does nothing, but rolls 3d10] Danger 1
[X] Rim wards (Explore the wilds outside the city) Danger 2
ConfusedPotato threw 4 10-faced dice. Reason: Talent Total: 20
2 2 10 10 1 1 7 7
ConfusedPotato threw 1 10-faced dice. Reason: Look-look, yes? Total: 4
4 4
ConfusedPotato threw 2 6-faced dice. Reason: MAGIC GO BOOM!! Total: 7
3 3 4 4

[X]Look for water [Gain result/2]
[X]Your talent [ Does nothing, but rolls 3d10] Danger 1
Edit:*glares at dice*
paradoxdragon threw 1 10-faced dice. Reason: Water Total: 6
6 6
paradoxdragon threw 3 10-faced dice. Reason: Talent Total: 6
1 1 2 2 3 3
paradoxdragon threw 2 6-faced dice. Reason: Danger Total: 9
3 3 6 6

Last edited:
[X]Scavenge
-[X]Look for water [Gain result/2]
[X]Explore
-[X]Surrounding Area (Explore the area immediately around you) [11/50]
Crepuscule threw 1 10-faced dice. Reason: Water Total: 4
4 4
Crepuscule threw 1 10-faced dice. Reason: Explore the Surroundings Total: 1
1 1

[x] Scavenge
-[x] Material
[x]Your talent [ Does nothing, but rolls 3d10] Danger 1
Hearts Nine threw 1 10-faced dice. Reason: material Total: 7
7 7
Hearts Nine threw 3 10-faced dice. Reason: talent Total: 18
7 7 5 5 6 6

@LinkOnScepter how do your rerolls work? Only your own dice, or anyone's?

Because, if you could reroll my last 5 on the transportation roll, there might be a Vice-Chair position in it for you...

Welp this looks interesting, hope you don't mind me jumping in.

Scavenge
- Look for Food [Gain result/2]
Experiment
- Your talent [ Does nothing, but rolls 3d10] Danger 1

wowow2264 threw 1 10-faced dice. Reason: Looking for food Total: 7
7 7
wowow2264 threw 3 10-faced dice. Reason: Experimenting with my talent Total: 17
7 7 4 4 6 6

Back