The only thing that can stop the bugs is A STRONG ECONOMY - HELLDIVERS

Ah, I see what changes the bugs have gotten

Edit: as a side note, Fori Prime feels pretty easy (at least at Diff 5, which is about my current cap of enjoyment) due to either low concentrations of bugs or just remarkably good coordination with the randoms, but I've been disconnect-dumped twice today (well, disconnected once, and once the game entirely froze and I had to kill it with Task Manager) while literally ON THE EXTRACTION POINT WAITING FOR THE SHUTTLE. It's infuriating.

Last edited:

It all makes sense now. Singapore is obviously the most important Mega City 1 and pioneers of managed democracy. Afterall, it reflects what happens here so well.

For Super Earth. For LiberTee!!!! Please report all dissenters to your local judges.

Last edited:
Is it just me, or has the latest update made the game a bit less stable? Had a trio of crash-to-desktops recently when previously I'd only have the rare server drop...

Is it just me, or has the latest update made the game a bit less stable? Had a trio of crash-to-desktops recently when previously I'd only have the rare server drop...
Yeah, there's been a big spike in crashes. The devs have mentioned they're working on it, but for now if you're on PC you can verify the integrity of your game files. It should find one corrupted file that it can fix.

I did that when I dropped in and a teammate was carrying several purple question marks lol. Also encountered one bug where reinforcements weren't working reliably which was extremely annoying to say the least.

Best outcome I've had so far on a high-difficulty Automaton Eradicate mission was a strategy I said as a joke:
Everybody brings 380mm barrages and just shells our own position.

The base gets overrun by bots faster than a Twitter thread, but you can work with that...

I tried to use the walking barrage for that based on this post, but an actual jetpack using teammate managed to fuck it up by having his autocannon sentry live long to tk me into dropping the stratagem on my (our) feet.

More than once.

Felt a bit bad about a game I had today. The mission was glitched so that we couldn't actually finish the objective, but we all agreed to just wait the ten minutes for the mission to end and hopefully at least extract with all of our samples. About 1 minute away from the mission ending and our hopefully managing to evacuate, my internet crapped out and ejected me from the match. It probably looked like I just got impatient and quit, unfortunately.

At least I was right by the objective, so hopefully they were able to reclaim all of my samples.

I tried to use the walking barrage for that based on this post, but an actual jetpack using teammate managed to fuck it up by having his autocannon sentry live long to tk me into dropping the stratagem on my (our) feet.

More than once.

View: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=-x01APMw9ZY

That's gotta be extra frustrating in an Eradicate mission because there's enemies pretty much every direction but it still decided to shoot you.
It's almost worse because Autocannon turrets are useful enough to justify the risk, so I've seen them cause more teamkills than any other stratagem. (As opposed to mortars for example, where they're so dangerous that hardly anyone takes them)

Anyway, I guess that's the "benefit" of the 380mm. They're so fucking inaccurate that the beacon's more of a suggestion.
(the actual benefit is the raw firepower, which is completely wasted in every other situation because it never hits what you aim it at)

Oh, another good stratagem in those missions is the orbital laser, because it can be doing its own thing while you're fighting for your life / waiting to respawn. You only get three shots total, but the missions don't last long enough for that to be a problem.

Last edited:
Felt a bit bad about a game I had today. The mission was glitched so that we couldn't actually finish the objective, but we all agreed to just wait the ten minutes for the mission to end and hopefully at least extract with all of our samples. About 1 minute away from the mission ending and our hopefully managing to evacuate, my internet crapped out and ejected me from the match. It probably looked like I just got impatient and quit, unfortunately.

At least I was right by the objective, so hopefully they were able to reclaim all of my samples.
My last few missions since last night's patch ended in everyone crashing out. It's pretty bad. I think I'm gonna take a break.

So having succumbed to peer pressure and actually purchased the game I have written glorified fanfiction about, additional thoughts on how the Anarclones might function:

Gameplay wise, they'd be an odd hybrid of the Automatons and Terminids. Automaton like in that most of their damage comes at range, Terminind like in that they rely heavily on lightly armored units. Yes, the Anarclone infantry might be divided into "light", "medium", and "heavy", but they're measuring this on the same scale as Helldiver armor, so really, it's like "Light", "Light with more health", and "Light with significantly more health and also they don't flinch until they're below 50%". Enemies that are armored in the sense that your starting Liberator AR can't damage them unless you shoot them in a weak point would take the form of "War Trukks" and "Killdozers", and these would be restricted to higher difficulties not unlike Terminid Chargers and Bile Titans.

Outpost equivalent? Zoom-Toobs! What was supposed to be a revolution in personal and public transportation, only for its inventor to be found harboring dangerous anti-patriotic sentiments, leading to the decommissioning of the system. It would seem that The Anarclones have found and reactivated the automatic tube-laying drills that formed the cornerstone of this technology and are taking advantage of the relative lack of below-ground infrastructure out in the colonies to lay out an entire series of tubes that can be used to reinforce areas in need. Limitations on the mechanisms needed to bring a passenger to a safe stop mean each ZT entrance/exit can only handle passengers every so often, hence the Anarclones placing multiple stations in close proximity to increase the throughput.

Mid-battle reinforcements, meanwhile, would be delivered by means of The Battle Bus: A heavily modified civilian mass-transit aircraft which the maniacal Anarclones fly over the battlefield (at fairly significant altitude, so as to avoid AA fire) in order to drop in paratroopers, of all things! With the exception of that one variety that uses jump-packs, all Anarclones delivered in this manner will be spread out over a fairly broad area compared to other reinforcement methods, but this will merely facilitate the encirclement and subsequent annihalation of their enemies. The good news is, they are just as vulnerable to bullets in the air as they are on the ground, but don't get cocky! If you can shoot them, they may or may not be able to shoot you, depending on what gun they have. Obviously, the "War Trukks" and "Killdozers" are too large to fit inside the cabin and will thus be crudely strapped to the underside and hoisted aloft shortly after the Battle Bus finishes loading up on infantry. If you have an Assault Rifle and ammo to spare, you might try shooting out the parachutes of these heavy units before they land. Taking out at least one will cause them to take fall damage, scaling with both how many they've lost and their altitude when it happens. If you're fast enough, you might be able to cripple or outright destroy these modified mechanical menaces before they can pose a threat! Just, watch out for any Anarclone infantry deciding to pump you full of lead while you're distracted.

(EDIT: I am now giggling like a loon at the thought of a parachuting Anarclone screaming "DYNAMIC ENTRY" shortly before plowing into a distracted Helldiver, both of them ragdolling in comedic fashion for several seconds after impact. With any luck, you will be as well.)

Last edited:
Yeah, this is from their discord:

We have identified the cause of the freezes many players have been experiencing, and we're in the process of building a patch to fix it that should be ready to deploy early next week. In the meantime, we advise against using the Arc Thrower, Arc Shotgun, and Tesla Tower as those appear to be linked to the issue.

Thank you for your continued patience!

Look, I know the Arc Thrower is busted n' all, but isn't this a lil' too excessive? C'mon, if anything, the Blitzer needs a buff. (Tesla is in a good place imo.)

Look, I know the Arc Thrower is busted n' all, but isn't this a lil' too excessive? C'mon, if anything, the Blitzer needs a buff. (Tesla is in a good place imo.)
The Blitzer does indeed need a buff, they could at least lessen the slow walk animation you're forced in after each shot, because it is so painful. It's a shame because it's such a cool looking gun design-wise and it's a Palpatine shotgun to boot.

But I guess I'll settle for 'not crashing the game', for now :V

Ah, I see what changes the bugs have gotten

Edit: as a side note, Fori Prime feels pretty easy (at least at Diff 5, which is about my current cap of enjoyment) due to either low concentrations of bugs or just remarkably good coordination with the randoms, but I've been disconnect-dumped twice today (well, disconnected once, and once the game entirely froze and I had to kill it with Task Manager) while literally ON THE EXTRACTION POINT WAITING FOR THE SHUTTLE. It's infuriating.

View: https://twitter.com/helldivers2/status/1770858261509558536
I'm glad the TCN prevented even WORSE mutations from happening.

Either things have changed since the guide was written, or they're just flat out wrong: "Gone in 360 Seconds" is way easier to pull off with bugs than with bots. Bugs, you gotta bust 11+ holes. Bots? A mere 5 fabs. A single laser could do that. Shit, the initial Hellpod drop can do 4 out of the required 5!

And this wasn't a premade team, this was just with randos. Unfortunate, but not uncoordinated randos as all I had to do was scream at them about how I'm going to drop all of us into the hottest part of the map and start tossing barrages. For a bunch of randos who didn't expect to be roped into a speedrun, they got the game plan near instantly. They each picked a fab n' crushed it. All that was left to do was to book it to the LZ, toss a few barrages here n' there to get one more fab to finish the mission.

Boy was that intense. We actually almost got it first try with the bugs, being off by a mere six seconds. Mostly my fault because I wasted time trying to find my shield pack before throwing caution to the wind by relying solely on the light medic armor. I'll say it now: The pseudo-invincibility frames + infinite stamina more than makes up for the slight loss in speed. But yeah, three of us managed to get on, but one guy was lagging behind. I was severely tempted to kick them just so the ship would leave earlier, but I thought that was going a lil' too far.

Doing an Extreme Blitz in under 6 minutes is way easier to do with bots, even if playing solo since the laser can destroy fabs. You still need to extract so you can't just Keep Yourself Safe the moment the mission's over. Staying alive is much easier than one would assume as usually the hottest part of the map is far away from the evac zone. And since bots are rather slow with few exceptions, that means either they won't catch up to you in time or they'll just outright despawn so the only nerve wracking thing about extracting is just watching the clock, hoping you've made it in time.

Come to think of it, you could do this and "Hold my primary..." at the same time since you're mainly relying on stratagems and yer legs for both of the achievements.

Really, the hardest achievement to get was "It's the Only Way to be Sure." as it's impossible to do solo. (Iunno why someone said More Guns made it so that your orbitals counted as double. It does not.) So you either have to have these things callled "friends", or hope that someone is willing to play along. Took like, 10-20 tries fishing for level 40s+ on Trivial missions as I assumed hey, they're probably farming for medals n' shit, odds are good they'd be willing to farm achievements too eh?

I don't know if this dude got the best introduction to Helldivers or the worst by having 3 maxed out players dropping into their game and blowing 10 lives throwing orbitals. More Guns 380mm HE Barrage is nothing to sneeze at with it's 30 second duration. Even with Power Steering I couldn't get out of the blast zone.

I like to think that they found it amusing as even though it didn't count towards the achievement, they threw in their precision strike anyways. Later on I got punched in the face while we were trying to help them get the "Hold my Liber-tea!" achievement. The easy way to get it is to activate your jump pack and get slam jammed by a charger anyways. The easier way is to activate it while having a friend simutaneously hit you. I punched them, which sent them ragdolling, but the guy behind them whiffed and whacked me instead.

And with that, I've "100%'d" the game, that is until they add more achievements. Maxed out on samps n' medals, enough SCs for the next warbond...pretty much done until the next major update!

Last edited:
Last edited:
Carbot's work is unreasonably funny, all the more so for how accurate it is. It really shows that they've played the games they satirize and like them.

In the event that you are getting overwhelmed by shriekers and there aren't too many other termanids around you can just dive. They don't seem to be able to attack you if you're prone.

In the event that you are getting overwhelmed by shriekers and there aren't too many other termanids around you can just dive. They don't seem to be able to attack you if you're prone.
You can also just side-step their attacks fairly easily, as long as you see them coming. The Shriekers can't really move left or right while diving at you

Carbot's work is unreasonably funny, all the more so for how accurate it is. It really shows that they've played the games they satirize and like them.
Yeah, it's great.
It'd be easy to just repeat the memes floating around, but instead there's jokes you only really get from playing it, and only really work in animation, like trying to action-guy leap into the dropship, missing, and doing the crawl of shame up the ramp.

Back