The only thing that can stop the bugs is A STRONG ECONOMY - HELLDIVERS

Shadows

Sacred Priestess of the Benevolent Dice Gods
Pronouns
She/Her

Welcome to Helldivers! This game's apparently been out for a short while on PS4, but it just landed on Steam this past week. I looked at it because it seemed interesting, watched the trailer, and saw the overwhelmingly positive reviews on Steam. So I figure to myself, "Well. I've got twenty spare dollars. Let's pick this up."

I don't regret a thing.

Helldivers is, at its core, a top down shooter a la Magicka 1 and 2. (I think it's even made by the same people. Don't quote me.) You play as a Helldiver, one of SUPER EARTH's elite soldiers, serving as both cannon fodder and Spartan-lite, all at once. Once you get shot out of your ship in a drop pod to fight on the world below, you have your weapons and armor, and special abilities that you can radio in from orbit - from air strikes, to rail gun bombardments, to nuclear weapons. It is your mission to carry FREEDOM AND DEMOCRACY to the galaxy, using your arsenal to DISPENSE MANAGED JUSTICE AND APPLY FOCUSED FREEDOM against the Cyborgs, Bugs and Spaghetti monsters that want to take away our guns/lives/freedom/apple pie (and the Spaghetti Monsters have WMDs! This cannot stand!). You can play alone or in a group with friends, or in online multiplayer with anyone else in the world who's playing this at the time.

I'd highly recommend getting and playing this.

MANAGED DEMOCRACY HO!

I've been playing this on Steam for a while. Great with friends but if you just play with randos it gets boring reasonably fast.

i saw angry joe play this when it was only on the ps4 and i have been waiting for it to come to PC for what feels like years. Sir, i am sorry to say that i can only give one like for this news but if i could i would give a hundred no a thousand likes.

Anyone who wants to defeat the godless communist space aliens with me is welcome to add me on Steam so we can play coop.

Shadows

Remember that the landmines don't have any IFFs. I managed to nearly cause a team wipe while we were dealing with the Siege Mech.

This game is really cool and I honestly wasn't expecting to like it. It's become the game of choice for my friends to play with each other.

I think back then there are more jabs at Warhammer in its references?

The intro itself was very starship troopers.

The only way it could be more obvious was if they asked if you would like to know more.

It's out and despite some server issues, It's fun as heck.

Pro tip: If you want Starship Trooper experience go fight bugs.

If you want to experience fighting Vietnam mixed with Terminator go fight robot.

It does look pretty cool, like Earth Defense Force with better graphics and more terrain, but I hear that it isn't terribly welcoming to solo players which rather cuts me out of the running.

Still having occasional server/connection issues but damn this game is really fun. There's a ton of little details in the game that really elevate it. You can die from the backblast of a recoilless rifle.

In case people are wondering: The login servers and load balancers for Helldivers 2 are overloaded and are basically full. The game is way more popular than they expected, and every time they increase capacity the peak player count has increased

Just for reference, the first game had a peak steam player count of 6,600 players. The peak player count for helldivers 2 on steam so far has been 333,827 players. Plus however many players there would be on PS5.

In case people are wondering: The login servers and load balancers for Helldivers 2 are overloaded and are basically full. The game is way more popular than they expected, and every time they increase capacity the peak player count has increased

Just for reference, the first game had a peak steam player count of 6,600 players. The peak player count for helldivers 2 on steam so far has been 333,827 players. Plus however many players there would be on PS5.
To put in context, the devs have stated their original cap was 250,000, which they managed to increase to about 360,000. Those 110,000 extra slots filled up in five and a half minutes. And it's still bestselling on Steam!

So it's fun so far, but has the crippling flaw that most of the time when I'm playing it I wish I was playing a Wing Diver in EDF instead.

Back