Ten Pounds of Gold: A Pro Wrestling Quest

Mat Wrestling: Impressive 564/1500 -> Impressive
lack improvement number.

I'm fine with anything as long as it isnt the Obsessively Open one. That is just skeevy how it is even a thing.

[X] Go full Kayfabe. Treat everything in wrestling like it's happening in the real world and be confused when things don't end like they do in grappling. This will involve talking about how confusing it is that political debates don't end in lockups and the occasional threatening of people with chairs. Nothing gets people more interested in a character than being an insane character.

I changed my mind. Kayfabe is amazing because it paves the way for us to go full AllMight! in the future.

Last edited:
[X] Go full Kayfabe. Treat everything in wrestling like it's happening in the real world and be confused when things don't end like they do in grappling. This will involve talking about how confusing it is that political debates don't end in lockups and the occasional threatening of people with chairs. Nothing gets people more interested in a character than being an insane character.

The talk about us having only one finisher reminds me, weren't we trying to get The three amigos as a power based signature a while back?

On another, unrelated note: Huh, Allie got to Elite showmanship and Jack to Elite psychology. Good for them.
In wrestling sometime to be the best you have to shamelessly rip off the best, so clearly we should rip off the most over finisher in wrestling today, the spinning back elbow.

[x]Tweak online persona in a way that puts a little more focus on Youtube than on Twitter.

lack improvement number.

I'm fine with anything as long as it isnt the Obsessively Open one. That is just skeevy how it is even a thing.

I changed my mind. Kayfabe is amazing because it paves the way for us to go full AllMight! in the future.
Tommy: NEVER FEAR! FOR I AM HERE! *Gleaming Smile*

Yeah, someone sugested we do an AllMight persona or something similar as our 'final form'. Its distinct enough in wrestling to stand out, distinctly a Face but can turn Heel ala injustice style, anf comes ready made with a persona.

AllMight also is 'original' in 10pg due to MHA not being written in japan yet.

Yeah, someone sugested we do an AllMight persona or something similar as our 'final form'. Its distinct enough in wrestling to stand out, distinctly a Face but can turn Heel ala injustice style, anf comes ready made with a persona.

AllMight also is 'original' in 10pg due to MHA not being written in japan yet.

The question is what kind of gimmick it is. It sounds like wholesome or weird if we go super hero and those aint our best ones.

[x]Tweak online persona in a way that puts a little more focus on Youtube than on Twitter.

The question is what kind of gimmick it is. It sounds like wholesome or weird if we go super hero and those aint our best ones.
My basic idea for it is to basically be held as the paragon of wrestling, to be Mythical in all Skills. Overpowering in his power, skill, speed, intelligence, and charisma. To be seen as the personification of power.

Last edited:

With this being said though, we should probably get our Acting above Mediocre if we want to be making YouTube vids.

Thinking of the Master of the Mic ambition we've got our Charisma to Impressive but we still need to keep raising Mic skills so maybe back off Charisma training for a bit and focus on Mic and Acting until we at least raise the Acting to average?

Also forgot to mention...

All aboard the Allie train that has now pulled into the station. The refreshments cart will be making its way around shortly and will be providing "We hate Selina" and "Yoga is dumb" signs for those of you who have forgotten to bring your own.

Thank you and enjoy the ride.

All aboard the Allie train that has now pulled into the station. The refreshments cart will be making its way around shortly and will be providing "We hate Selina" and "Yoga is dumb" signs for those of you who have forgotten to bring your own.

I think Allie actually likes Selina. Sort of someone that she cant see would hurt Tommy and someone she cant find fault as a girlfriend.

it can be anything we want. AllMight would just be a decent blueprint for a character. We can spin his story any way we can think of.

The genius of AllMight is that we can offload all the anime-esque storyline as something Selina can think of by using all the cliche of anime.

Last edited:

Current Tally. Also, please remember that you get Bonus XP by having discussions in thread! The more you talk, the stronger Tommy gets every quarter.
Adhoc vote count started by Vesvius on Oct 7, 2019 at 12:19 PM, finished with 35 posts and 18 votes.

None of the steps here enthrall me, but for now "tweak it a bit" feels best. This gives us room to make more radical changes in the future. Social media is a fickle thing, after all.

My basic idea for it is to basically be held as the paragon of wrestling, to be Mythical in all Skills. Overpowering in his power, skill, speed, intelligence, and charisma. To be seen as the personification of power.
See, my thing is that I don't feel like any of the iterations of Tommy's character fit with All-Might. I'm totally fine with the idea of "Tommy becomes a paragon of wrestling" (though with the system @Vesvius gave us I'm not 100% certain it's possible to do that?).

Plus, all descriptions of Tommy put a guy with the build of (to use RL wrestlers) Sami Zayn or Seth Rollins. Not a beanpole by any means, but more agile than "the personification of power". From what I gather, Jack himself would be closer in build to this look.

I don't disagree with some of the talk that has gone on about refocusing Tommy's branding, persona, etc. I just am not sure that All-Might is the right direction.

*Quietly throws dynamite on the train tracks*

My only complaint with the new Allie shipping fuel is how hard it friendzones Leah.

...but I'll get over it.

<sees Tommy get compared to Rollins in build>

<urge to stomp someone on the head intensifies>

My only complaint with the new Allie shipping fuel is how hard it friendzones Leah.

...but I'll get over it.

<sees Tommy get compared to Rollins in build>

<urge to stomp someone on the head intensifies>
With Tommy and Leah what going to happen is that one day somewhere on the road they're going to realize they've basically been married for years.

Personally I'm hoping for an organic poly situation, where Tommy kinda acts as the axle which Leah, Allie, and Selina rotate around, but they're still connected to each other as well. Leah and Tommy are practically married, Tommy and Selina are actually dating, and likely to go further, Allie and Tommy are pining and kinda lustful right now, I could easily see Allie hooking up with Leah and Selina too, and Leah and Selina are kinda platonic.

Personally I'm hoping for an organic poly situation, where Tommy kinda acts as the axle which Leah, Allie, and Selina rotate around, but they're still connected to each other as well. Leah and Tommy are practically married, Tommy and Selina are actually dating, and likely to go further, Allie and Tommy are pining and kinda lustful right now, I could easily see Allie hooking up with Leah and Selina too, and Leah and Selina are kinda platonic.
And then we get a call from THUNDERPUNCH asking when "Playboy" Tommy Martin is coming back. :V

Back