SV Original Magical Girl Crossover

List of Original SV MG works and authors on-board

ArlequineLunaire

Jesus was a Crossmaker, Satan was a Lesbian
Pronouns
She/Her
As I've noticed there's a ton of Original Magical Girl works on SV, I've been thinking about what one big crossover between at least a few if not al of them could look like. I've brought this up on multiple threads, so I thought it'd be easier to have a single thread dedicated to this crossover.

Current discussion is whether to do a grander-scale Super Robot Wars-style crossover, something like Kingdom Hearts with more distinct world divisions, or something simpler and spontaneous like a Pretty Cure movie.
Most seem to be in favour of a big SRW-style project, though acknowledge how difficult it could be to pull off. Advice for a SRW-style fused continuity has been to start simpler and work our way to blending more series, so the 'Precure movie'-style idea could work an icebreaker for starting on said continuity merging. Most are against separate worlds so far, unless they're already featured in an individual MG work.

Here's a list of all the Original Magical Girl story threads on SV and their authors and OPs. Note that the main character need not be a MG to make it on this list, and that some of these have been inactive for a while. Please let me I know if I've missed any:
Also, while it's a fanfic, Usagi Quest is worth a mention here as an example of how to combine the settings of a whole bunch of separate MG series. Battle Fantasia Project and Maho Social are also notable as previous forum attempts at making MG megacrossovers. Also there's Majokko Daisakusen for an actual MG crossover game.

And authors' opinions expressed on so far on this project:
  • ArlequineLunaire - Obviously on board
  • Shadell - Interested
  • SpoopyGhost - Interested, up for writing a single chapter
  • SillyLittleCoffe - Interested, up for writing a single chapter
  • Blanaa - Interested
  • ColdGoldLazarus - Interested
  • Solarstream - Interested, but says Fruit of the Shadowflower should wait until inclusion
  • Lunaryon - Interested. Hasn't written an original MG themselves, but has offered to help with the SRW-like aspects
  • Thy-Robocop - Interested, having done similar MG crossover projects in the past
  • CV12Hornet - Interested, has also done crossovers
  • Shinobu Oshino - Interested
  • Crimson Flight - Interested
  • Nerdorama - Interested
  • Snowfire - Not sure how Practice War could work in a crossover like this, but coming around on it
  • Ford Prefect - Supportive, but doesn't think Phantasm Arm Ballad would quite fit in
  • Critic Ham - Busy right now, but wouldn't mind getting involved later
  • Crystalwatcher - Shown up here, hasn't said much yet
  • notbirdofprey - Has visited the thread

Last edited:
This actually seems like a fantastic idea for the community as a whole. I haven't done an original MG Quest myself, but I would like to offer help where ever I can!

Last edited:
I didn't comment before, but you can mark me down as interested too!

I know in one of these threads I talked about a magical girl RP from another forum with paper-thin worldbuilding but a bunch of characters and an established precedent for multiverse stuff. If that's something that sounds useful, here's a small TV Tropes page. If not, I'm still watching this thread.

Wish I knew about more of the magical girl stories in the list, though.

Wish I knew about more of the magical girl stories in the list, though.
I wonder if it would be helpful to have an expanded version of the list, with like, brief premise summaries and descriptions of the main protagonists, all in one place, so even those who aren't familiar can have a super quick reference guide. And might help people with finding something they'd be interested in reading, but might have overlooked before.

(Also probably an indicator of overall tone, for that last part, I know at least one person who's kinda picky about tone)

Last edited:
I wonder if it would be helpful to have an expanded version of the list, with like, brief premise summaries and descriptions of the main protagonists, all in one place, so even those who aren't familiar can have a super quick reference guide. And might help with finding something they'd be interested in reading, but might have overlooked before.

(Also probably an indicator of overall tone, for that last part, I know at least one person who's kinda picky about tone)
Same, honestly. I wouldn't mind taking a look at some of the older works there to get an idea of what we're dealing with.

Some MG story summaries
brief premise summaries and descriptions of the main protagonists,
Like, just to throw together a couple examples:

Magical Girl Phantom Ascension
Elevator Pitch:
Girl dies and becomes a ghost, and agrees to get hired as a magical girl because she has nothing to lose and nothing better to do. Fortunately, her joining finally convinced some of the other still-living candidates to do so as well. Unfortunately, way too many incidents are going off all at once, and she's got other problems on her plate on top of that. Also the Grim Reaper is there, and wants to hang out.
Vibes: Mystery, supernatural, kinda angsty, dark but not grimdark.
Protagonist: Kikuko Yukimura, artistic and introverted ghost turned magical girl, with powers over ice and aurora borealis. Externally appears very cold and mysterious, but internally she's just very very overwhelmed.

Magical Girl Parallel Inversion
Elevator Pitch:
Four years before MGPA, another team of magical girls deals with incursions from a Dark Mirror timeline where magical girls are evil. Also, a fair bit of relationship drama.
Vibes: Precure-adjacent, just more blatantly queer; but probably a bit darker later on.
Protagonist: Willow Lowitja, very laid-back slacker who loves fishing, (and will have powers of dreamwalking and inanimate animation) but has to step up when the plot comes calling.

A Little Vice
Elevator Pitch:
Perpetual side-character "C" keeps getting kidnapped or attacked by Monsters Of The Week, while his best friend Inessa gets the self-actualization of being a magical girl saving him. When a guidance councilor with dubious intent begins manipulating C for their own agenda, it sets off a slow spiral into Envy and the chance for her to finally take the stage...
Vibes: Precure-adjacent in the background and overall worldbuilding, but much darker, down-to-earth psychological drama in the foreground.
Protagonist: C, or Invidia Bat, a repressed trans egg, kind to 'his' friends but jealous of them in equal measure. Later gains powers relating to envy, copying, sound, and being a bat.

These are my takes on the ones I know, anyway, though I'm not all the way caught up with A Little Vice so idk if it's a good representation of that one. Just like, this is generally how I'm picturing these briefs looking.

Last edited:
I love the idea.
By the way, A Little Vice and Fool Bloom could use the plant theming as a bridging point in the crossover. Didn't see much about the alien in a Fool Bloom, but could give them a connection with the Children of the Forest.
It's funny, I was thinking of giving the angels in A Little Vice a sort of reincarnation cycle with turning into seeds in an omake, for that sweet angst of maybe being forgotten, then I see the whole thing with the Resurrection and the aliens apparently having a reincarnation cycle.

Last edited:
Quick descriptions of MG stories
I wonder if it would be helpful to have an expanded version of the list, with like, brief premise summaries and descriptions of the main protagonists, all in one place, so even those who aren't familiar can have a super quick reference guide. And might help with finding something they'd be interested in reading, but might have overlooked before.

Tone indicators would also help with merging universes together more seamlessly, so we know how to not end up with tonal whiplash.

Like, just to throw together a couple examples:

I was working on a few summaries before you posted this, for ones I'm more familiar with, though I like your format better. Since I'm summarising a whole bunch of series at once from memory, apologies if some of these come off as underwritten. Again, let me know if you could use more info:

A Little Vice by Shadell - Told from the viewpoint of a trans girl in deep denial, who often has to be saved by the Magical Girl team in question and eventually joins the villains as a Dark Magical Girl. The main MG here is Inessa, mostly a typical MG if by intent, given she's not the viewpoint. Mostly not that different from your average PreCure series in format and tone (though definitely heavier on the Christian imagery), it just seems darker due to the more self-loathing viewpoint it's told from. America-set.

Magical Girl Phantom Ascension by SpoopyGhost - About an MG who's also a ghost, sort of like Yu Yu Hakusho or Danny Phantom but as a MG series (though neither were inspirations). Main character Kikuko Yukimura is the Purple of her team, meaning she's the more reserved, esoteric one. All the other MGs are very much alive though. The mascots, Shades, were former conquerors who are now trying to make reparations by having their former enforcers, Magical Girls, instead protect humanity, but have had limited success finding recruits. Japan-set.

Something Wicked by SillyLittleCoffe - About playing as a male MG villain, kinda like a Dark General. Specifically, Zaiyu's one of the mages of the 'alien' Estil invasion fleet, though Earth was their homeland years ago, and is currently scouting potential MGs. Seems Sci-Fi on the outside but Fantasy all the way down. Despite being a villain quest, probably one of the lighter ones here so far. One issue so far is barely any of the MGs have transformed yet, though they've all been introduced. Japan-set.

Neon Lights and Magical Girls by dmclain2 - Could be called an Urban Fantasy but with a Magical Girl in it, with Ria being a very enthusiastic one too, who fights using Eidolons or artifacts from myth. Though it's told from the point of view of her mascot, Reflection-of-the-Widening-Gyre, a more emotionally distant fae noble (to simplify things). America-set.

A Magical Anomaly by blanaa - About Fillia, a 'Null' or anti-Magical Girl and subsequent villainess, empowered by an eldritch entity and from a previous timeline. Admittedly one I fell off a long time ago as I had trouble keeping up with the update rate, will expand later.

VII Queens/Elemencia by Dahne - This is one it's kinda hard to say too much about without spoiling, much as I can say it's about college girls being chosen as elemental Queens to fight monsters called Void. A lot more fairytale in aesthetic. The setting's later revealed to be basically a fantasy Matrix for the containment of actual Queens, after a disaster happened to the 'real world'. Set in its own world.

如願以償 by Crimson Flight - Very PreCure-esque, even if there's only one MG around so far, with even more emphasis on the Tokusatsu inspirations. Sees a good amount of balance between school life and magic fights. Main character is the tomboyish Shin Hayate aka Eidola Strela. Japan-set.

The Legacy: Fruit of the Shadowflower by Solarstream - VN-style Horror Quest where it seems the Magical Girls are the monsters (mostly), so it might be tricky to crossover except as villain material. America-set.

Undoomed by Blargh - The main thing here is how MGs, the eponymous Undoomed, have become removed from fate. Which sounds good if not for the catch that they'll be erased from existence upon death. Japan-set.

Inferno Blade by notbirdofprey - A Magical Boy story, which given it doesn't emphasise said boy's femininity much, could easily have been classified as a Shounen or Tokusatsu Quest if I may offer some commentary. Main character Benny is an exhausted worker suddenly recruited to fight against interdimensional monsters. America-set.

Miracle at Mind's End by Critic Ham - Set twenty years after a still ongoing monster invasion, so could be tricky to work into settings where the masquerade is still intact. Main character Lila is one of the Miracles, people who've bonded with creatures called Companions to fight back. Japan-set, with the voted for setting shifting the story towards being about public image and celebrity commentary.

Phantasm Arm Ballad by the site's own co-Director - One of the more military-leaning works here, set across multiple dimensions and mainly starring MG prodigy Charlotte Ballad, younger cousin of PMC head Delphine. Mostly setting info, but with a few story excerpts. Bulk of it set in Japan so far.

Crystalwatcher's Magical Girl Quest by, er, Crystalwatcher - Also very military-leaning, about a cosmic-level war between the forces of Light and Darkness and all their subdivisions. Advertises itself on brutality and difficulty. That said, its separate Cosmos and Void timelines, the former having tighter continuity and the latter being a free-for-all whose canon is anything goes, make it a surprisingly flexible setting, hence all the spinoffs.

The End of All Days by MordredRaal - Post-apocalyptic MG story with a trans lead, in which the eponymous Goddess is slowly encroaching to make the apocalypse not even 'post'. EU-set.

Council of Elite Magical Teams by RamChops - About being a mascot managing a Magical Girl Team. Notably the main MG here, Yoshiko Kitagawa, is the lone survivor of a previous failed MG team. They fight against anomalies, the big one being the Wizard of Necropolis.

Farfalla Rossa by Thy-Robocop - Little hard to summarise since its premise has been rewritten a few times, but it's about a fairy-aligned Magical Girl ballerina and urban explorer. Scotland-set.

I'll write up summaries for my own MG works a little later, probably in the format proposed by ColdGoldLazarus. For now, I'll say that it might be 'interesting' crossing Fool Bloom over with any of the military-set MG works here, due to how much Koyomi hates the military

Last edited:
Magical Girls, instead protect humanity from Corrupted Spirits,
Slightly pedantic correction, but I think the vibe is that the Corrupted Spirits are more Kikuko and Death's personal side-project, and the stuff the Shades and Magical Girls deal with are more generalized magical incidents that can be just about anything. We have shapeshifter clones, a dragon, people getting sucked into another dimension, etc. There was even going to be a plotline involving magical Yakuza at one point, that got voted out.

But these are some really solid and honestly way more informative descriptions!

Last edited:
Summaries of ArlequineLunaire's original MG stories
While I've written up descriptions for all the MG stuff I've made here, note that I only expect Fool Bloom to be featured in this crossover for the foreseeable future. Partly to keep the number of series manageable to start off with, and partly because having more than one of your settings featured is kinda hogging the limelight. Still, if anyone think ideas from those could fit in nicely with the project as a whole, let me know:

Fool Bloom
Elevator Pitch: Set over twenty years after the Frost Decade, which was a great war between anointed Hanazakari humans and the emotion-stealing immortals The Frost Fair. Koyomi Arisugawa is a veteran Hanazakari who has long since become a jaded, reclusive author, but her life changes when Hanazakari fangirl Miyako runs into her, as they're both forced to reckon with what has become of the Hanazakari since.
Vibes: The story's basically a MG version of an older generation selling out their ideals, while those who still stand by those ideals get ostracised. So not exactly upbeat, particularly when it comes to the military and corporations. That said, the Quest still has a lot of humour and goofiness with plenty of slice-of-life segments providing breathers.
Alternatively, think if Fullmetal Alchemist was an MG series with Izumi as the main character, or along those lines anyway.
Protagonist: Split between Miyako Nozawa, a ditzy fangirl who would've made the perfect magical girl had only she been born earlier, and the older, grumpier, yet still passionate about justice Koyomi Arisugawa. Miyako normally handles the slice-of-life parts while Koyomi comes into focus with the plot-heavier stuff. As Black Rose in Full Bloom, Koyomi gets darkness powers, even if they're not quite what they used to be.

Mahou Ronin Sachiko
Elevator Pitch: A Magical Samurai Kitsune has ended up a Ronin after the death of her master. Travels with a reporter from overseas around a Magical Girl version of 19th-century Japan, in its version of the Bakumatsu era.
Vibes: Fun adventure romp stepped in Japanese lore, but with ominous undertones given Sachiko's past and the oncoming Boshin War.
Protagonist: Sachiko Baishou, a cheerful adventuress and massive horndog, yet wiser and more secretive than she first appears.
Notes: The setting shown in the Quest is a little out of date, I've since revised Himikoku and gone into more detail about it.

The Leap to Magic
Elevator Pitch: Abigail is friends with Cordelia, a 'Chosen Hero' of the Praesenti Aeon Church. While Cordelia's Essence is that of a Hero, Abigail still has no idea what her own Essence is. She seeks a fortune-teller that says he can determine it, only for him to turn out to be a monstrous Black Knight in the process. Forgoing reason, Abigail fights back against him anyway, coming in touch with the Infinite without needing 'Essence' and becoming a Knight of Faith... one of Cordelia and the Church's enemies.
Vibes: Existentialism, particularly Kierkegaard, was a major inspiration here. But there's still some fun and goofiness to lighten the religious and philosophical heaviness.
Protagonist: Abigail Cimitiere, an insecure girl questioning her self-identity in the shadow of her more famous friend, only to end up becoming that girl's enemy. Huh, kinda proto-C vibes now I think of it, though she doesn't join the villains.

Magical Star Cacophonous Raventale
Elevator Pitch: 90s period piece in which a group of musical MGs travel into the otherworldly Library of the Lost to take back people's passions.
Vibes: Take one 90s staple, Magical Girls, and combine it with another, completely different 90s staple, flannel-clad alternative rock. Though more the laid-back slacker side than the angstier side. To put it another way, think if Beck: Mongolian Chop Squad was a MG show.
Protagonist: Rachel Woodhull aka Raventale, typical 90s girl who works at a guitar store. Through twist of fate, she has trapped a demon within her guitar, who she dubs Fenderbell. Her powerset should be pretty obvious.

Mahoresu - A Masquerade Brawl
Elevator Pitch: Magical Girls, whose powers come from their divine masks, start a Pro-Wrestling circuit to hide any fights they have against each other in plain sight.
Vibes: It's pro-wrestling, kinda says it all, though obviously on the less realistic (well, less realistic than normal) side.
Protagonist: My original idea for one was Ramon Joven, a runaway delinquent girl with a talent for fighting dirty, yet who's embarrassed by the more theatrical side of both wrestling and MGs. The RP, by the nature of the medium, didn't have a single protagonist.
Notes: The single most collaborative MG project I've done until now, with both the planning thread and the RP.

Last edited:
By the way, A Little Vice and Fool Bloom could use the plant theming as a bridging point in the crossover. Didn't see much about the alien in a Fool Bloom, but could give them a connection with the Children of the Forest.
Hm...hard to connect the two without completely rewriting one backstory or the other. Superbia's seeds have been on Earth (or at least not on other planets) for a long time but only activated recently, after two kids freed him; the Dandelionhearts came to Earth from space decades ago, but they also died decades ago.

I don't know if you could connect them without either rewriting the Dandelionhearts as coming from the First Tree or having Superbia somehow extract a hanazakari's cultivar to grow the seeds, or something.

Hm...hard to connect the two without completely rewriting one backstory or the other. Superbia's seeds have been on Earth (or at least not on other planets) for a long time but only activated recently, after two kids freed him; the Dandelionhearts came to Earth from space decades ago, but they also died decades ago.

I don't know if you could connect them without either rewriting the Dandelionhearts as coming from the First Tree or having Superbia somehow extract a hanazakari's cultivar to grow the seeds, or something.
the Dandelionhearts gets their powers from their equivalent of the first tree since it just represents sin and virtue and also the tree of knowledge which to my understanding of theology they do have things that would point to them having eaten from the Tree of knowledge

I had an idea that Pathragada, the Dandelionhearts' and other clans' homeworld, was the origin of all the flowers in the known universe, whose seeds since spread to other worlds, including the Children of the Forest. This was gonna be to explain why the Hanazakari are all based on Earth flowers despite their powers coming from alien clans, but I was wondering if people think that idea could help this crossover's worldbuilding?

Though personally, I like Iris' idea better, in that Pathragada simply had its own First Tree. Huh, maybe every sentient civilisation could have its own First Tree, though now I'm wondering what the Frost Fair's First Tree over on Cocytus could possibly be like?

That said, Something Wicked has the Estil's backstory being that they originally lived on Earth long before humanity, but fled to space to escape a disaster. So if you wanna have the Pathragadans originally be from Earth (which I'm fine with for crossover purposes, but I don't think I'd ever have in Fool Bloom itself), you could have it be they were to the Estil what the Children of the Forest are to humanity.

the Dandelionhearts came to Earth from space decades ago, but they also died decades ago.

Well, the 90s were indeed 'decades ago', but your description makes it sound like the Dandelionhearts came to Earth way earlier

Fool Bloom and ALV also work somewhat thematically because, well, Inessa and C are also magical girl fangirls. A crossover just posits a world in which the magical girls they're fans of are real rather than fictional. Without reading Fool Bloom yet, Miyako would probably fall right in with the Saints' friend group, and I think we all have to admit that Koyomi and C would have a lot to talk about, if C could ever open her damn mouth about her emotions. The ALV town's comical level of blasé to all the monster attacks would also fit into a world where monster attacks are a known thing and the Abyssal Beasts are, in fact, relative small fry as far as human authorities know.

Last edited:
If I ever start and get a decent ways into that one quest idea I had, I would potentially be interested. But until then I don't think I'd be in a place to contribute, and I've already got a few significant projects to work on anyway.

Last edited:
But until then I don't think I'd be in a place to contribute, and I've already got a few significant projects to work on anyway.

You don't necessarily need to have your own Original MG work to contribute, both Lunaryon and CV12Hornet don't yet have offered to contribute.

But yeah, if you've got projects of your own, I can definitely sympathize with being too busy. SpoopyGhost is in a similar situation

You don't necessarily need to have your own Original MG work to contribute, both Lunaryon and CV12Hornet don't yet have offered to contribute.

But yeah, if you've got projects of your own, I can definitely sympathize with being too busy. SpoopyGhost is in a similar situation
My current plan is to wait until we set which original settings are going to be used, read those (or skim them if they don't grab me), and then just toss in my own ideas. It's a SRW-style concept, those games always focused on OCs anyway.

Though talk of OCs reminds me that @LampWitch had an idea for an original main character, a MG who places a want ad for help (probably against a monster) that ends up reaching the crossover MGs

I haven't been able to start any of my own mg projects yet unfortunately, but I'd be happy to help out however I can as well

I think this is a cute idea and I'm supportive of it, though I have to admit that I'm not personally huge on crossovers. Also I think that Phanarm is maybe a little totalising to include, given the scale of the setting and the very baked in military themes. The magical girls of the setting are broadly equivalent to fighter aircraft, which is to say they spend most of their time at pretty high altitude when transformed. I'm not so sure that would fit nicely, and that's before getting into how little of my major characters have been shown in text.

That said, I think this seems really fun and it's good to bring so many users working in the genre together, so you definitely have my support.

The Legacy: Fruit of the Shadowflower by Solarstream - VN-style Horror Quest where it seems the Magical Girls are the monsters, so it might be tricky to crossover except as villain material. America-set.

I'll note that there are non-monstrous MGs in my setting, but they haven't shown up in costume yet.

Speaking of, the main issue I'd probably have in contributing (besides lack of free time...) would be that I'm not that far into the story yet. But depending on how things go, that might end up becoming a solved problem :V.

I'm not so sure that would fit nicely, and that's before getting into how little of my major characters have been shown in text.

Perfectly understandable. And it's probably for the best for all crossovers involved that Delphine Ballad and Yumemi Hoshizora don't meet up~

Speaking of, the main issue I'd probably have in contributing (besides lack of free time...) would be that I'm not that far into the story yet. But depending on how things go, that might end up becoming a solved problem :V.

Yeah, figured if we did introduce The Legacy, it'd have to be one of the later ones for this reason. Something Wicked has a similar problem since we haven't seen most of the MGs in action there yet, but this can be gotten around by focusing on its villains, who are the PoV characters anyway

Back