StolenMadWolf's Random Art

In the meantime, I've pulled out a new weapon design inspired by the N90 Hurricane - The NX120 Tornado. This will be in the current piece.

Triple Barrelled Energy Repeater? Yes please.

And so I've now done the bulk of the linework for this piece. I'll need to sit back down and add tails and some extra details, but I'm happy with the progress so far here (just keep thinking of that right-most leg). Beyond those, I'm pretty happy with the current batch of line work.

Still need to find a name for the orange punk rabbit with Gadget.

Started shading in the first of an long line of overdue art pieces. It's not my neatest work, and I'll probably have to smooth it off later. Just curious on people's thoughts of it.

I'm going to do a big post or series of posts with a bunch of overdue pieces all at once, so updates on the MadWolf piece are going to fade for a bit.

In the meantime, finally got started again with the Lyall Bar Piece! So far, I've just been doing some base colours and some wood textures, though I'm going to have to work out how to make the wall look more detailed.

And so the Lyall piece is also going to be saved away for the big update. In the meanwhile, the base colours for the Gadget and rabbit piece are getting creeped in.

Well, save for the weapons, which have their details and shading already put on.

Well, it's about time I throw this on now. After some considerable effort, I've completed a few different big pieces that I'm now ready to fully upload. There are some more that I'm going to upload in the next day or so but since there's been a long, proper delay for any completed pieces, and I decided to post the bulk of the big ones together.

So, without further ado. Here they come.

Right, this one I actually completed several months ago, but I was never going to upload it as I was planning on placing it in galleries and art stores to try and get some interest. However, since I've not had much luck with getting them in such places due to timings. So, I figured now was the time to bring this piece up online. I did this one when I was feeling... in a rather poor state, where I needed some kind of shoulder to lean on as I was feeling more isolated at the time. Thankfully, things are better, especially since I've come across someone that I can lean on who can also lean on me.

Either way, means a lot this piece.

Another MadWolf Piece, namely for practicing full bodies, backgrounds and reteaching myself how to draw my own heads in my style. This took more than a few attempts and redos, but I'm overall happy with the results with my best attempt at distant foilege and getting a good bit of practice for those fullbodies.

Okay, weirdly this one was I actually started before the MadWolf one, but it was a little bit more experimental, at least for doing more of an interior background. It did let me bring back a fresh take of my biomutant character Lyall, so it was nice to work on them again.

Also added some suggestions for posters on the wall whilst at the same time, referencing some of my other projects. Namely my Pokemon Mystery Dungeon fanfic. Guardians of Balance. It was nice to get this piece to fully come together.

And this one is probably my new favourite piece so far. I went even further back than Lyall and decided to revamp my own take on Gadget the Wolf, something I did about a year ago. Not only did I update Gadget (now just Gadget Wolf) into my artstyle, I also worked on a new character, pulling name suggestions I got for her. Kylie 'Gizmo' Rabbit.

Yes, they are directly inspired by default/trailer versions of characters from Sonic Forces whilst also sneaking in elements from Titanfall and Ratchet and Clank. Namely the jump kits from the former, and the weapons being inspired by the latter. Namely Gadget's NX120 Tornado and Gizmo's Plasma Bolter. The NX120 in partciular is heavily inspired by Ratchet and Clank 3's N90 Hurricane, albeit triple barreled in the Tornado's case. I've got a piece on hand for the Tornado, so I'll be uploading that soon.

Overall, I'm really, really happy with this one.

Currently been working on a new art project. Another female body with a change up in clothing and that. The big problem at the moment is I feel like legs aren't quite right. Too thin or too thick. Maybe even too short. Either way, I'm not sure, but I'm happy with the progress so far.

Whilst working on the Wolf Trainer Girl, I've also been working on a Final Fantasy style WEAPON, specifically my own take of Omega Weapon.

There isn't official colours yet, but the shades should help with working out the shape.

Ended up expanding the drawing into an experimental full body. Granted, it's not the final line work, but it helps get an idea of what this character/Weapon is going to end up looking like.

By art-style and the direction of it's setting, it's taking cues from Armored Core, Final Fantasy, Digimon, Warhammer, Mega Man, Bionicle, Fallout, Pacific Rim and, at least from a setting point of view, Oddworld of all things

I've also been dabbling in looking at the Arkaris map of mine. I had a few issues with if, so I decided to start from scratch by focusing on one continent.

Still needs a bit of work, but I've also started work on a more experimental natural map for Arkaris. Textures are always going to be a nightmare though, especially with this experimental focus on the Republic of Manchester.

I'm still making the Wolf Girl and Weapon drawings. But because I'm dumb, I keep practicing bodies and have dabbled with trying natural maps.

And one fresh idea that I can't get out of my head, specifically, an undead robot.

The legs will need to be made longer, and the hip is proving to be a pain in the side, but at least some of the ideas are taking shape.

And just carrying on from the last post, I've expanded on the undead robot sketch. Whilst there is alot to do, the hands are crap even if they help get an idea of what I want to work towards, and there are parts of the armour, especially around the legs that needs looking at. But the basic proportions of the design are mostly there.

I'll need to finish off the other pieces first, I think.

Alright, it's been a while since I've done the last update here, as my primary means of placing images into this thread, specifically Discord, however, since Discord have decided they are going to cut their support for posting image links on other websites, I was left in a bit of a rump. I'm now having to use Deviantart links to make this work.

Since that last update, I've got a few new pieces completed, and making progress on another piece. I've got these attached below...

Well, here is the completed Omega Weapon design. I was originally thinking of expanding this further with other views, but with someone different pieces that I need to work on, I ended up keeping this a fairly simple frontal view. The idea of Omega Weapon's setting and character is essentially a mixture of Final Fantasy Weapons, Bionicle and Oddworld all in one, with the character originally being an alien slave, before becoming the Omega Weapon to fight against the occupying corperations and powers for the sake of the planet. It was originally purely Final Fantasy-inspired, specifically by Eikons from XVI, but it has evolved since then. It was a pretty fun design to complete.

So, I've been meaning to draw a furry character with some different traits than what I normally do, such as different colour hair and different clothes. I later decided to go for a slight Pokemon theme, what with featuring the same kind of building as Wedgehurst Station plus a Pokemon symbol. This served as a nice change of pace from previous pieces, and helped me get used to doing a mixed background.

And my newest complete piece, this was originally just some full body practice, but it later turned into a fresh piece. I decided to go for something more robotic, and actually inspired by Legacy of Kain's Raziel character by doing an Undead-themed robot, whilst also keeping a simple design. It actually proved more tricky than actually doing the fullbody itself, due to the awkward shape of the body. It's not the greatest post in history, and the hands aren't great, but it does help with the design itself. Tricky, and far from perfect, but still nice to work on.

Whilst I have a lot of different bits of linework that can be completed, this is currently my biggest bit of work at the moment. I'm back to dabbling with Arcbots. Spitfire was naturally once again a serious pain in the side because of his awkward shape, but I have investigated trying to draw an internal art skeleton for Spitfire. It's probably not going to work everytime, but it should at least help speed up the process of actually drawing Arcbots with a similar shape to Spitfire. I didn't want to do a full body of Spitfire this time, so I figured that this time, I'd go ahead with drawing additional Arcbots. This time, alongside Spitfire, I've drawn two additional 'Shadow Knights' (AKA an Arcbot team), Hellcat on the left, and Hurricane on the right (due to be shrinked down to the right size).

Spitfire is a medium-class ARCS, whilst Hellcat and Hurricane are light and micro-classes respectively. There is a Heavy and Mega in the Knights, but they are going to be tricky to fit in one piece, and if I did do a seperate ARCS ahead of Spitfire, it'd probably be Hellcat first. In comparision to Spitfire, Hellcat was rather easy, albeit with an awkward head to work on. Meanwhile, Hurricane was rather awkward, as finding a consistent way of drawing birds was not easy without consistent references with birds of prey. Eventully, I got somewhere with Hurricane's design, though I might need to have another look at somepoint. Either way, I'm happy with the progress on these Arcbots, who knows, maybe I'll really go alot further with the setting in time. I do have a political map at the ready, but I do really want to work on a natural map at some point.

Well, I'm not finished yet, but I feel like I'm getting to a critical finishing point. I need to add highlights and final details to the characters considering the lighting, but at the same time, I'm not sure if I am happy with the grass and the sunrise effect (grass has always been difficult, whilst the sunrise effect is new and I'm kinda being experimental with it), but it is helping to get an idea of where I want everything to be.

I'm just curious on what people think about it right now.

I've gone ahead and finished off that ARCSverse piece, I didn't really change out the grass after altering the sunrise effect, which has started to grow on me as I tweaked with it.

So, I can now go ahead and fully reveal some of Spitfire's fellow Knights, Hellcat and Hurricane.

FurAffinity Link Avaliable on Request

There are extra details on Deviantart and the like, but to provie some basic details, as stated before, Hellcat is a light-class, Spitfire is a medium-class and Hurricane is a micro-class who form part of the Shadow Knights ARCS Team, who happen to based in the Republic of Manchester, a hybrid state within the continent known as the Southern Cascades which also happens to be a member of the Allied Defence Treaty Organisation or ADTO. They could be doing a tournament one day and the next they could be fighting insane ARCS or invaders from the Bel-Shan Federation.

Something a bit different, I might not fully render these drawings, but I figured I'd just share some practice sketches since I had left out art for a while.

I kinda like the bottom left head in some weird way.

This was meant to be just another head, but I ultimately ended up doing a very rough halfbody instead, just to get overall body builds. I'm not really happy with the body but like the head.

Again, another very rough sketch to try and work on my lineart abilities. It's pretty dismal personally as the legs are too thin and the internal skeleton was completely borked proportion wise, but I wanted to check it over and make sure I can do it properly.

Again, it's not something I'm particular interested in completing, but I'm just determined to maintain my line work abilities, even if it's pretty dismal.

Welp, I decided to put the new internal skeleton for Spitfire to test, to see how well it would actually work.

Good news, it actually works really damn well for getting the basic shape in, even at angles I've not worked with before, which is great!

The bad news is that I had to go ahead and do it at an awkward pose and angle because I just had to challenge myself rather than make it simple. Especially since I do want to complete another Spitfire piece.

I've been working on Spitfire's heads for a few days, and managed to get some interesting ideas settled out.

The next update I do will feature a more updated Spitfire or a continuation of an existing piece of mine, probably the crouching wolf.

Well, with some slight modifications, I added the frontal head to the full body of Spitfire... and well, the bulk of the linework is now essentially complete, save for a few thicker lines, neatening up and other details like that. And it's actually came out looking pretty good for a first time attempt at something more dynamic for Spitfire (or any character for that matter) whilst drawing something that is notoriously much more difficult to do.

Yes, that's both the Heavy Blade and the Plasma Cannon being used at once. And yes, the additional piece in his mouth can allow him to breathe plasma fire. He is a dragon afterall.

Well, some more progress on the new Spitfire piece, I'll likely have to modify the background to accomdate the dead ARCS properly, otherwise they look ridculous. On the plus side, I've rendered a plasma bolt for the Plasma Cannon.

And well, despite wanting to go ahead with doing another anthro piece, I ended up going full bore with the Spitfire Battle drawing, and now it's not only complete, it's got two versions. A standard version and a comics version.

So, Spitfire here is shown in the middle of combat. It is supposed to be a conventional competitive deathmatch (like in games) between two ARCS team near the border between the Republic of Manchester and the Riveraton Confederation, when some ARCS in the colours of the Bei-Shan Federation burst in and start attacking Allied Defence Treaty Organisation (ADTO) bots, who happens to include Manchester and Riveraton, so what was a friendly match turns out to be an actual fight. Spitfire's partner, Marcus, happens to be out of the way, but is still helping co-ordiate and assiting Spitfire from a distance.

This came out a lot better and easier than I ever imagined, which has made me rather chuffed. Maybe enough to finally have enough confidence to go for actual commissions or art sales, especially if I do go ahead with mixing things up with writing and other stuff.

Back