StolenMadWolf's Random Art

Currently been working on doing an anime character design for the last few days, whilst also messing around with a map and 90's design study on the side.

I have already done some colouring of the head earlier, but I'm just working through sketches for the character's outfit as well. Basically a sci-fi body suit coupled with pants and boots. A background will be coming into play too with it as well, so it should be pretty interesting. Let me know what you think of the outfit!

As for the coloured head, well, I've pushed the detailing on the eyes even further, added some extra little bits to the face, and even worked on trying to do a glow/sparkle effect on the head too. The hair hasn't been perfect, but the skin came together perfectly and given the character is supposed to be an AI of sorts, the hair actually kinda works too. Let me know what you think.

Alright, it's been a while, but I finally finished that piece featuring the fullbody, and took it a step further by adding in some 3D objects, messing around with other lighting effects and working making things glow as well. I'm feeling particular chuffed with this piece as well, given this is my first attempt at doing a full body anime character.

There is also a cover art version with a title linked in the deviantart page, with some extra details on the character and a story I'm starting to work on.

Well, it's long overdue, but I've managed to get a trio of pieces together. Well, two pieces coupled with one trace/sketch/design study.

So, first of all. This was supposed to be an attempt at a minimalist head, but it ultimately evolved into regular headshot. Something I actually got together in 4-5 hours. That's pretty speedy for me, so that's a pretty good sign on the drawing front. Now it's also evolved into an actual character to save for a future time.

www.furaffinity.net

Kelly Incarn [HEADSHOT] by StolenMadWolf

Well, this was supposed to be a fairly minimalistic attempt at a wolf actually turned into a surprisingly speedy headshot. Only 4-5 hour ...

The second is actually a request I got some time ago. It took a while to get done, and it was pretty damn challenging, but in the end, I was able to get the piece done. For the record, it's a fanart of Super Animal Royale.

www.furaffinity.net

Standoff [REQUEST] by StolenMadWolf

Well, a while ago I got a request to go ahead and do a fanart based on the game of Super Animal Royale. SAR is basically a Battle Royale ...

And finally, a design study. This is essentially of a robot dinosaur that was featured in an educational game released back in 1995. It's a game I have rather fond memories off for the dino and it's 90's design, so I figured that at somepoint I would go back and actually have a look at redesigning an over 25 year old design. In order to do that down the line though, I needed to do a design study. Not easy with my only source material being 122pp video footage of a 90's CD-Rom game. Of course it's wasn't going to be easy, but in the end, I managed to get enough screenshots to rebuild a sketch/trace of the original design. It was actually pretty facinating to go through all that, and work out how the design fitted together.

www.furaffinity.net

Cyberaptor 003 Design Study [STUDY] by StolenMadWolf

Well, this is something a bit different than what I normally do, and it was beginning to drag a little bit with my own art creep.. . Yea ...

So yeah, that's a pretty good bit of progress all together.

The cyberraptor study looks badass.

Alot of it was admittedly tracing screenshots taken off a 122pp youtube video, although with that alot of guesswork was kinda needed to work out how the different parts of that design fitted together. Trying to do the full design from the original image was a real pain in the side, so I had to switch over to using close ups on different parts of the body to start assembling some kind of full picture.

Still, not bad for a 1995 art design. Hopefully if I have time, I can work on a redesign based off it.

Well, I did a couple of other pieces over the last couple of months with two very different ideas in mind. The first one was to try and speed up my drawing process by aiming to do a much more simple and basic character in design. Something that I could quickly cobble together a much shorter period of time, which generally pulls humanoid shaped characters out of the picture as they are pretty tricky to draw. So after sketching around with an couple of references, and after asking for a few ideas/words/concepts, I ended up creating a form of Friendly Space Skaven character. I went a little bit further, and added on a more complex background with a nebula and stars, which was something I struggled quite a bit with actually doing. So, I feel pretty chuffed about that.

www.furaffinity.net

Exoceni, Pizza in Space! [PERSONAL] by StolenMadWolf

Well, this is a more experimental piece of mine, featuring a new kind of species. An Exoceni!. . The basis for doing this steps from dec ...

The second one I've done was partly inspired by the playable character of Sonic Forces of all thing that I kinda liked the design of. I'm not that interested in the series, but it was had a pretty good offer whilst on sale, so I figured I'd give it a try. Like I said, I kinda liked the default look of the main character, so I did a redesign in my own art style, as if they were in their own setting all together. I also tried a few new ideas, namely working on a brick wall background and trying varitations of the same colours in a piece. I'm damn happy with the result here, and threw away quite a few extra hours to try and get it put together.

www.furaffinity.net

Gadget the Wolf [PERSONAL] by StolenMadWolf

Well, back to doing humanoid wolves again despite my prior pledge to try something more simple. The reason is something I never thought ...

So yeah, pretty happy with the progress here.

Well, I once again started drawing something just for fun, only for it to quickly take up most of my free time. The plan was to just draw another side view of a wolf head, drawing some inspiration from other art and art styles, but it eventully turned into a major project with the most complex background I've done to date. In particular, the piece actually includes a partial trace of an old image of mine from a Mountain I visited a long time ago. Specifically Mount Kilimanjaro, which I not only recreated in a style similar to that of the Gadget piece, but I also combined it with a similar night sky to the nebula featured in the Exoceni piece and topped them off with my first attempt at clouds, which took quite a bit of effort until I got some new brushes to better handle them.

On the plus side, it's also the opportunity to try and develop a new character to serve as a sort of mascot rather than a mere new character or sona. At least for any future buisness as such if any of my writing and art gets of the ground. Specifically, the Mad Wolf. It seems like the combination of the different inspirations, art and art styles that have kind infulenced my pieces have gradually combined together into something new at last. Between the new design of this character, and the background, I feel like this is probably one of the best pieces I've done in a long while, if not the best. You might see more of this character/mascot at some point too.

www.furaffinity.net

The Mad Wolf on the Mountain [PERSONAL] by StolenMadWolf

Well, I figured I would go for something a bit different than what I would normally do. Drawing my first feral character!. . This was or ...

Last edited:
Okay, well I have a sort of unofficial custom when it comes to my art. If there is only a half complete character that I particularly like the look of, go ahead and finish them off! I really liked the design of the Wolf from the last piece I did, so I figured I would expand that character into a full body. Then, since I was on a roll, I did the same thing with the character, only in a bipedal form to give a reference sheet another shot. The result is a reference sheet: The StolenMadWolf.

Yes, I named it after myself.

www.furaffinity.net

The StolenMadWolf Reference Sheet [PERSONAL] by StolenMadWolf

I have a sort of weird custom when it comes to my own art. If only part of a character shows up in the original piece, go ahead and expa ...

This character is essentially serving as a mascot of sorts for myself and my wider creative endevours. Unlike most characters I do, which either come out as part of requests or have my own developed settings and backstories built around them, the Mad Wolf won't have anything like that, and will at most only pop up in cameos. That being said, I plan on doing more art on the Mad Wolf as time goes on, as I do really like the design. Yes, those are Kanji, even if they say 'Crazy Wolf' rather than 'Mad Wolf' (technically crazy is the same as mad, and I couldn't find a good kanji for Stolen).

I suppose you can also say it may help with my own self-exploration too.

Either way, I'm really happy with this result!

And for something a little bit different, here is some quickly put together flags for a hypothetically fully colonised Solar System. Enjoy and if you have any questions on the world building, please, let me know!

I'm also going to possibly get some form of alt-history or world building thread put together based on the worlds here in question, so feel free to let me know if you like the idea of that.

I'm currently looking over a design for a mech, but I currently don't have a name for that said mech. If anyone has any actual suggestions for said mech, please let me know!

forms.gle

Naming a Mecha Poll

I've been currently drawing up a mech design for the last few days, but I have currently been trying to work out a name for the mech after inital mixed responses to the original name I had in mind. So, therefore, I'm going to ask the question on what this mech should be called! So, let me know...

Alright, it has been far too long since I've done an update for art here, but I now have an art dump of three seperate pieces, two of which are very closely related.

The following descriptions are straight off my DA page, but I will expand on those here later as I am posting them up at 2am in the morning, and my body is half dead from circuit training.

So, without further ado...

Welp, here comes the first piece of a small art dump. This was a piece I mostly sorta finished back in late Febuary - early March, and I've only just got round to uploading it. Main thing is, I hate ties. I think they are stupid as a piece of clothing. So after a bit of improvised acting, I elected to draw a tie as the disgusting leech that is is.

Or cute lamprey, in this case. Likes to suck your blood whilst you're wearing it.

Not a fancy piece, but was a good laugh and helps with a few ideas there.

This particular piece took a rather long time to complete. Namely the better part of a month. This involved asking for plenty of advise and feedback during the process of drawing this, looking through lots of references and tweaking around with many 3D models for inital traces and later references themselves. So, a big thanks to those who offered their support!

This is my first full body anime piece since Aurora, and the first one I did at an actual angle, so learning to draw 3/4 anime faces was a challenge. I made a regular effort to make the character less stiff too, which was why the line work too so long.

Long story short, the character here is an mech pilot from the near future. She is wearing modern day military wear, save for the tech suit and ballistic vest that she wears in the piloting harness. I can't help but nickname her Lt. Claudia Riegan, for those who like Three Houses. In order to operate the mech, the tech suit links to a motion control system, and the vest provides personal protection. The helmet doubles as both to protect the pilot from shrapnel or NBC attack, but also by doubling as a VR helmet to see through the mech's eyes.

Took a lot of effort, but I'm pleased with the result!

And now for part of the reason I drew the mech pilot. Now this took an ABSOLUTE AGE to complete. Well over two months. This involved the use of many references, much advice from multiple sources, an considerable amount of research in details such as weapons, sizes and scales plus a fair bit of world building to boot. Alongside many, many shots of caffeine and long nights and days.

This is the Foxfire Attack Mech. My own personal concept for an real life mech. Yes, it looks furry in a way. No, I do not care. This ate my life for two months. It was also meant to appear in a future history fic of sorts, but my every increasingly busy life has proven problematic in this regard, so this may well be it's only apparence outside of commissions.

The Foxfire is essentially a walking attack helicopter. It is designed to serve as a general purpose combat platform that excels in hostile terrain where no other vehicle can go, with a particular speciality in assault, special operations and rough terrain fire support. Futuristic as it looks, virtually everything on that mech is essentially based on stuff that already technically exists today. If you really wanted to you could probably build a Foxfire right now. All the weapons are off the shelf, and I've gone to great lengths to try and keep this even partly to scale. Namely between the mech, the pilot, and the two missiles that are on display too.

This was a pain to draw, but it feels well worth the effort to actually get this piece together and show the Foxfire off!

----

Either way, I hope you enjoy the look of these pieces! If you have any questions or suggestions or feedback, please, let me know!

Last edited:
Well, I've been mainly working on my avatar/fursona, Kili, for the last few weeks by giving him a redesign.

First of all, I started off with a new version of the arm tattoos that Kili that are a completely new design compared to the original ones (and the retweak on those) that I've used for the last few years. I've got two versions, the original lined version, and an accidential lineless version.

Then on top of that, I cracked on with working on the new apperance for Kili... and I've managed to surprise myself with it.

It's been a while since I've done a drawing or had a commission featuring my fursona Kili Kingsley. I actually ended up doing a redesign of his arm tattoos little more than a week ago which were more of an original design compared to the originals. After doing that redesign, I ultimately figured that I'd not just draw Kili, I would give him an fresh new design, given that he's been mostly unaltered for the better part of five or so years save for a tweak in his tattoos.

By standard appearances, his general fur pattern is similar to his previous look, only with darker greys on this occassion. Furthermore, Kili now has black furred socks and arms and a fluffier chest. This means that he has lost the chest tattoos which have now faded away, but he does have a redesigned arm tattoos and he will have a new back tattoo as well. The black marks on his sides effectively replace the original chest tattoos and when Kili utalises his own nanoites, they will glow in the same vein as his tattoos. Lore wise, his old apperance is still canon. This is an older Kili who has basically 'evolved' after all these years, hence the tweak in his apperance.

But Kili himself is literally a sideshow to the background. That glowing orb on the right of him is actually an 'nano-orb'. Actually drawing that was mostly by accident after messing around with a few different brush types, and I ended up really liking the result. Especially since it came out as how I originally imagined such orbs. The background was even more of an accident, and actually came out far better than I expected, even considering the nano-orb being around. Nice cosmic effects whilst also nodding to Kili's own lore, thanks to the use of different brushes again.

I'm extremely happy with this result! I've got an alternate version with a new outfit in the pipeline as well, and will post that up as soon as it's ready!

Well, I've recently been working on stuff related to a setting/location of mine called the Shatter Isles. It was originally just a random world in the Evermore Resurrections. But now, it's part of a wider setting of mine called Perdition, which composes of old Evermore locations that I created, including Shatter, the Autumn Engine and the Scrapyard.

So, that includes a map that has been long in the making. The map of the Shatter Isles:

Believe it or not, I've been working on this first official map in some form or another for since May 2021. However, I was never quite happy with the overall map so I never really uploaded itanywhere. But I finally bit the bullet, committed to getting this complete. After going through three seperate versions, I'm finally happy to reveal the map for the Shatter Isles! I'm really chuffed with the result of this actual piece, and hope to do some more stuff with the Isles and by extension, Perdition is some form or another!

The Shatter Isles were originally a location within a roleplaying game on Spacebattles.com, Evermore Resurrection. However, I started seeing some links between the Isles and a few other locations I had come up with. The Shatter Isles are now part of the World of Perdition, alongside the (to be possibly/officially renamed from placeholder) Autumn Engine and the Scrapyard. By concept, the Shatter Isles are essentially a cross between Red vs Blue and the Hunger Games, with three teams 'fighting' each other to the death (or till someone gets a flag) in order to escape the Isles. In the RP, sometimes there isn't that much fighting, with RvB levels of funnies, but it can get dark very quickly. In a different RP though, I imagine it would be... quite interesting to say the lease.

As for the Shatter Isles themselves, they are a collection of mysterious islands in the middle of a vast ocean that altogether are about the size of the Isle of Anglesey (albeit that includes water, the combined land area is smaller, home to upto ten(?) individual regions spread across them and three seperate teams. Land, Ocean and Sky Teams. Although there are many islands, the main ones are referred to as Invictus, Aquarius and the Core, with many secrets hidden amongst the Isles under the watch of The Overseers. The individual regions, going clockwise are:

Blood Field - Positioned in the South-West of Invictus, Blood Field represents the single largest region of the Isles. Home to rolling hills and vast grasslands with the occassional wood, Blood Field is open and welcoming. That, or it has very little in the way of cover save for the odd cave and the before mentioned woods. At it's centre is the largest lake in the Isles, of which on the shores is the Castle, home to the Land Team. As a bonus, Blood Field is home to some of the longest beaches in the Isles.

Danger Vale - Towards the North-West is Danger Vale. It is made up of a mix of craggy cliffs, narrow river valleys, deep gullies and windy moors and hills. It's a treacherous enviroment, and whilst it can be very easy to get lost, there are paths for vehicular access. The coast is particular craggy and rocky, and there is often little vegetation save for the odd lone tree and a handful of bushes.

Broken Peak- Located to the far north, Broken Peak is a harsh tundra region with very little vegetation and rocky terrain, with large mountains rising from the tundra. The whole region is dominated by the titiular Broken Peak, a gigantic mountain that is the tallest one in the entire isles. Snowswept and perilous, it is here where the Sky Team makes it home, basing themselves within the Temple.

Death Glacier- At the north-eastern most point of Invictus, a frozen icesheet and glacier exists, fittingly known as Death Glacier. Almost completely covered in ice, the Glacier is a hostile location. Whilst the Western and Northern most regions are fairly flat, with rocky beach areas, the South and East are criss-crossed with deep crevasses, often leading to many caverns. Whilst there are a few landmarks and windswept islands, the landscape is constantly changing and prone to collapse.

Storm Reef - Making up the eastern most portion of the archipelago that makes up the Isle of Aquarius, Storm Reef is composed of a cluster of sandy, tropical islands and open water. The waters are surprisingly shallow and calm despite the name, but when a storm hits the area, it can quickly become impassible. A few little jungles exist on the islands, but the real wealth lies underneath the waves. In the shelter of some of the larger islands is the Rig, the offshore platform that serves as the base of the Ocean Team.

Battle Wood - Unique in that it's split between southern Invictus and Western Aquarius, Battle Wood is arguably the most habitable region in the Shatter Isles. Covered in expansive forests and cut through with little streams, the Wood is teeming with life. A large, salty channel cuts the wood in two. The Invictus side is typically covered with deciduous forests with Oaks, whilst the Aquarius side is split between an northern, evergreen forest and a rainforest to the south. Whilst rather pleasent, the forests are extremely dense, with few clear paths. The two bridges themselves are only connected by a trio of large bridges, making crossings challenging.

Tormented Canyon - Between Blood Field and the Core lies a region known as Tormented Canyon. Heavily desertfied, a large river canyon cuts its way through the middle. Hot and dry with sheer cliffs, it can be a maze to navigate. Trying to avoid the canyon means advancing onto open ground, with little shade and volcanic vents making passage extremely difficult. It is also home to the Isles only active volcano.

Agony Mountains - To the South of Broken Peak likes the extensive mountain range known as the Agony Mountains. Many of these mountains, unlike their northern cousins are crumbling, broken and heavily eroded. There are very few paths, and the region is plagued with freak rockslides and extremely heavy storms coming in from the Core. Much climbing is needed, and the few valleys are often littered with spikes and sheer drops.

Rotten Moor - Relatively flat and low lying compared to it's fellow inner neighbours, the Rotten Moor seperates Storm Reef from the Core. That makes it no less dangerous though. The high ground is covered with thick, spiky shrubs that appear to be half dead and yet can still cut someone to pieces. Lower down, the Moor is mostly a diseased swamp with pits of tar, quickmud and stagnant water. A heavy fog often clouds the area, making it impossible to see more than a few feet.

The Core - Technically an Isle on it's own, the Core is the smallest region, nestled between Invictus and Aquarius within a large saltwater crater lake. It resembles a heavily mechanical, abandoned city for a lack of a better term. The waters are extremely rough at all times, and high winds make it impossible for vehicles to reach it by sea and air, with no visible path for land vehicles. The crater itself has several spires rising from the waters in spite of this, though there is no way to reach them, nevermind the core. If one was somehow able to reach the Core, it would be hard to expect what was there besides the industrial enviroment. What draws attention to those who look at it is the huge spire that rises from the centre of the core, intact and occasionally... lit up...

Continuing on from Shatter Isles related content, you probably noticed some icons on the map I have uploaded for the Shatter Isles. These are actually flags/emblems that I made specifically for the three teams that exist on the Shatter Isles as a whole. They are meant to double as both flags, as well as armbands for members of those teams. These are Land, Ocean and Sky Teams.

I can't believe I actually forgot to upload this, but I did an alternate version of the last Kili Kingsley piece I posted a few weeks ago, namely giving Kili his updated outfit. It's similar to previous V3 versions, but it takes some more nods from older versions and is canonically superior to the previous versions.

As for the second half of this post... well, I need some help.

I've been encouraged by more than a few people I either need to start selling the art I have, or do commissions. I've mainly avoided doing that as in the case of the former, most of the art is quite deeply personal to myself, and is based on my own world building (the closest stuff I've been willing to put up for usage is a set of flags, and they aren't even really for sale and I've personally put notices on those flags, effectively baring any commercial use). In the case of the latter, that's a combination of working out reasonable prices and actually managing to complete said commissions in a reasonable timeframe (I've had price suggestions before, but figured that I'd go for a refresh). After all, the last time I did a request, it took weeks to over a month to get done. And this is on top of me trying to balance my writing projects and an impending, very busy career job coming up which will eat away at a lot of my time, meaning even doing a small amount of commissions will be very difficult.

Not only that, but I've got so many different ideas buzzing around my head for art (and that's not counting trying to focus on my mix of writing projects) that it's not easy to plan out what I want to work on next. A situtation that will be made even worse owing to my new committments in the next couple of months and if I ever decide I feel ready to actually do commissions.

So, I'm putting up a Google Form about art stuff. It includes some ideas on what my current ideas for art pieces are, questions on folks suggestions on commissions and what people are interested in (the latter especially stemming from the fact most pieces of mine have between 1-5 favourites compared to the 25+ I have for the Foxfire piece, and that's not going into the over 6K reddit upvotes I got on the first set of Solar System flags (and the latter barely got any)), so when I get into that career, I might have a better idea of what to work on and how to proceed with things.

The link to that is down below:

forms.gle

StolenMadWolf's Art Questions

I've been doing art for the better part of two years now, and with an incoming career that is going to be very busy, I'm trying to work out on how best to proceed with this art, along with the multiple writing projects (including a werewolf novel and a sci-fi novella) and other jobs I'm trying...

Last edited:
And because I'm an idiot, the image of the piece is now up on SV.

Welp, I figured it was that time of year again to upload another yearly collage based on some of the art I've done. The previous one basically highlighted the general improvement in my art over the span of a year. This one namely just includes some of the better pieces I've done throughout the year. There has definitely been some improvement here and there, especially towards backgrounds, Still plenty of room to imrprove though, especially with working on poses!

I've got a new ideas sheet in the works at the moment, so I should be able to upload that soon enough.

www.furaffinity.net

A Year of Art - 2021-2022 by StolenMadWolf

Welp, I figured it was that time of year again to upload another yearly collage based on some of the art I've done. The previous on ...

Last edited:
I might as well offer a sneak peek at what I'm working on. I'm not going to say too many details, beyond taking a bit of inspiration from working on Foxfire.

Specifically, this is an idea sheet for something called Spitfire. An Adaptive and Regenerative Combat System (ARCS), also just called an ArcBot.

I'm just currently working on shading at the moment, and trying my hand at textures for the first time. Namely with metal and going for a scuffed up look:

Should be finished with this soon, once I'm more happy with textures. If anyone has any thoughts please let me know!

After this is done, I'll do something more complete with Spit, as well as more Foxfire material.

Alright. I have now completed the idea sheet for a new idea of mine, specifically called Arcbots, specifically one called Spitfire. I wasn't happy with the 3/4 body I was working on due to a combination of an awkward and a new idea of how I want the body to look like. But either way, this helped get the creative juices flowing for the reasons I shall specify below.

So, here is Spitfire.

www.furaffinity.net

Arcbot Idea Sheet - Spitfire [IDEASHEET] by StolenMadWolf

Well, this has been my most recent project over the last few weeks. This particular idea got inspired by a combination of different disc ...

Well, this has been my most recent project over the last few weeks. This particular idea got inspired by a combination of different discussions I've had with a few other folks, as well looking at a combination of different series. The popular ones being Pokemon, Yu-Gi-Oh and Digimon, whilst the obscure ones being old 2000's series like Cubix. On top of that, this draws quite a bit of inspiration from the Foxfire Attack Mech I did a few months ago. I was kinda taken aback with the positive response towards the Foxfire, so I figured, alright, if folks want furry robots, you'll get more furry robots.

I ended up getting a burst of inspiration, and couldn't resist drawing on the idea of taking smaller, animalistic robots that would banter with humans that share a look with the Foxfire. Hence I came up Adaptive and Regenative Combat Robots, officially known as ARCS. But everyone else, including the machines themselves, call them Arcbots.

In the ARCSverse, Arcbots are essentially custom-built, sentinent robots that can be put together by pretty much anyone. This is namely due to the mass prolifiation of cheap 3D printing technology throwing the world into a massive loop when you have internal clashes between old national governments, corporations and a wild mix of anarchists and communist groups of every cloth. Especially when your average farmer can have an Arcbot guarding the cropfields with lethal force at no expense.. Arcbots are physically powerful on their own, but with a human companion equipped with a Computer called an Arclet, an Arcbot is capable of 3D fabricating their own equipment, modifiers and weapons on the fly through Battle Cards, Digital Chips and special Prime Cores, many of which can also be custom made. Even evolution would be covered by Armour Kits whilst they can go all out with Overdrive.exe Mode. Essentially, you don't have models of Arcbots like a Pokemon species. Every Arcbot is unique.

The only rule is that Arcbots are, regardless of build, somewhat anthromorphic in design.

This is essentially an idea sheet behind one particular Arcbot, codenamed S.P.I.T.F.I.R.E., although Spitfire or simply Spit works. Spitfire is a draconic themed Arcbot. Whilst I wasn't happy with the 3/4 halfbody due to struggling with the head at that angle and having a different set of proportions in mind now (lower left corner) but I'm really happy with the upper frontal profile and the two heads, with an attempt to work on metallic tectures and completely digital eyes, including a cut in Spit's Foxfire-derived collar. This isn't a final design on Spitfire, as I will be doing a full body reference sheet for Spitfire soon with finalised detail. But this does succeed in getting some ideas for Spitfire and Arcbots in general ready for a more complete piece.

All in all, I'm happy with the result, and look forward to showing more Arcbot/Spitfire related stuff soon!

Well, carrying on from the last piece I did, featuring the Idea Sheet for a combat robot called Spitfire, I decided to go another step further and threw together another piece that now features Spitfire with a full body and a reference sheet!

As a recap, in the ARCSverse, Adaptive and Regenative Combat Systems, or ARCS, are essentially sapient, custom-built combat robots that can be thrown together by anyone with access to very fast and capable 3D printing systems - in other words, everyone. The mass proifilation of cheap and unregulated 3D fabrication technology has thrown the wider world into a loop, as old nation-states and mega-corperations are competing with a mix of new communist and anarchist societies across the world due to easily automated production. Anyone with a fabricator can produce a heavily armed ARCS, whetever it's to compete in gladitorial tournements, fight wars or just to guard your farm's wheatfields from arsonists and locusts. Many are often partnered with a human, who through a special device called an Arclet can allow the Arcbot to 3D fabricate their own weapons and equipment to fight in battle. Many of these bots are typically anthromorphic in build.

The Arcbot here is Spitfire, or simply Spit. He's a draconic Arcbot that happens to be an EX-Military prototype. Classified by Weight Class as a Medium (out of Micro, Light, Medium, Heavy and Mega ARCS), Spit can reach over 8 feet tall - though he tends to hunch over alot of the time so he looks more like 7' 4''. He's armoured in Titanium Alloy, mixed in with Graphene to produce composites which gives him a mass of a round 1.4 tonnes. So try and not get in the way of the guy unless you want to turn into a wet bag of bones. Alongside his claws and jaw, Spit can fabricate Plasma Cannons and a massive Blade to further beat the heck of stuff. Oh, and he has a plasma breath attack in the form of Draco Breath. Enjoy getting roasted by a fire breathing robot dragon.

-----------------------------

This was a pretty difficult piece to work on, as whilst I had an idea of what I wanted Spitfire to look like and had drawn his upper body and head before, I had no idea how to draw something reptilian and less humanoid in built, nevermind something robotic apart from my experience with the Foxfire Attack Mech. But I pushed myself as best as I could, looking at a few references and working to draw Spitfire's build to the best of my ability. Most of the work was based on the linework, and working out what I wanted to put up alongside the full body, but alot of preferences went towards the Plasma Cannon and the Blade, so I went for those. Once the lines were done, the colouring, shading and textures were easy, including the use of additional textures to add a more distinct glowing effect on some parts. I also decided to be more experimental with backgrounds, combining some practice with the last backgrounds I've done to design a blueprint themed background that was badly faded.

It took alot of attempts, but I am really chuffed with the combined results with Spitfire, the weapons and the background. I've got some other projects in mind, but I will be coming back to Spitfire and other Arcbots sooner rather than later.

Well, I figured that I might as well go for a simple art piece kinda related to the ARCSverse content with the Arcbots. Namely by doing World of Tanks style class symbols. Or rather in this case, Weight Class Symbols. Something that you can quickly glance at on a tactical map and identify what kind of ARCS your own machine is fighting.

And so, I've got the symbols sorted out. Plus some extra info on what each weight class is:

https://www.deviantart.com/stolenmadwolf/art/Arcbot-Weight-Class-Symbols-SYMBOLS-930344455

Micro - The lightest class of ARCS, these are typically the size of dogs and big birds of prey. These are typically fast ARCS, as they lack the durability to take the punishment or the tonnage to carry alot of equipment, but their small size often makes them hard to hit. Because they are still made of metal, they are often just as heavy as their human partners, despite their size at around 100kg. They are represented by a plain green diamond.

Light - In the Light catagory, ARCS are roughly on par with humans in sheer size, but they are often still heavier compared to humans, with many often averaging a minimum of 300kg, but can easily reach 600kg. They tend to be better in a direct fight compared to Micros, but they are still light combantants that rely tactics or speed to win. They are shown with a gold diamond with a slash.

Medium - Mediums are all rounded combatants, more mobile than Heavies and Megas, but tougher and more heavily armoured than Micros and Lights. Many of them are at this point so heavy they can be close to, if not greater than a ton. Just getting in the way of a Medium that is charging is often enough to turn a poor human into a soggy bag of bones. They can easily tower over humans, but can otherwise still fit into regular buildings with effort. Spitfire is one such Medium. Mediums are typically represented by a blue diamond with an inner diamond.

Heavy - Frontline fighters, Heavies are typically heavily armoured and well armoured, easily weighing in at several tons. Heavies are at the size that they can't really fit into anything like a human home, and would only be able to enter dedicated workshops and warehouses. But they can dish out alot of damage and take alot back. Heavy ARCS would use a red diamond with both an inner diamond and a slash.

Mega - At this point, the Arcbot is less a walking combat robot and more like an armoured vehicle. These Arcbots can weight as much as tanks and need dedicated transport and work spaces to operate. This makes them typically sluggish, but it also means they often come in with extremely heavy and powerful weapons and armour, making them devestating in terms of their fire support. Megas are shown with a grey-black diamond with both an inner diamond and a cross.

Whilst some Arcbots are put into similar weight classes, there is a combat circle involving them too. Typically, the Class that is heavier than it's immediate predecessor has the advantage. The exception being Megas, which are at a disadvantage to Micros. So: Micro < Light < Medium < Heavy < Mega < Micro

So yeah, just a small little bonus worldbuilding there. Enjoy the symbols!

This is currently a WIP that I'm currently doing for a bit of fun, as well as experimenting with MadWolf style heads. Since I've been kinda looking back towards my childhood with the likes of Digimon, I've decided to try my hand at doing a fan-design. Still not finished yet, but here is a rough sketch of Lykaiomon.

Yes. It looks a bit like Renamon. Yes, I'm pulling the Guilmon card on that.

www.furaffinity.net

Lykaiomon Halfbody [PERSONAL/FANART] by StolenMadWolf

Well, just another fairly simple piece that I've been looking at for the last few days. It was oringinally me exploring doing heads ...

Well, just another fairly simple piece that I've been looking at for the last few days. It was oringinally me exploring doing heads in the same style as that of the MadWolf/Lyris pieces I've done before, but this has since evolved into a halfbody. I've been looking back at old Digimon series out of a sense of nostalgia (along with Pokemon) and figured that I would draw up a fan-Digimon for a bit of fun.

This one is Lykaiomon, a Rookie-Level Wolf Digimon with electric based powers. Lorewise it's pretty similar in build to Renamon and Strabimon, but Lykaiomon is essentially custom-made similarly to Guilmon in a certain series.

I might do a different pose with Lykaiomon as a full body for fun at a later date, but I've enjoyed doing this as a fun little bit of fan art.

Last edited:

Deviantart Link

Furaffinity Link

Well, it's about time I brought the MadWolf back after a shortish absence.

This was basically a combination of experimental work and working on a new potential avatar to use on forums and the like. The experimental side of the piece basically combined timing how long it would take to make a piece like this, as well as trying to see how I could do a MadWolf style head similar to that I've done on a reference sheet, namely because I'm working on improving that art style bit by bit and I'm considering doing art commissions and art sales soon! I'm happy with the amount of time this has taken, and I do actually have a piece on hand ready to be put up for sale, I'm just in the process of working out how to sell art and run stuff like that in the UK.

Anyway, I'm pretty happy with this piece! It's simple, helps improve my skills, and gets to show off my mascot that little bit more (who I'm now considering more and more of a fursona too). I'll be doing some more stuff featuring the MadWolf as I refine this art style and use some new techniques and angles to get myself ready to start commissions and the like. I'll give out some updates as I do all this!

I've been doing a fanfic for a while now called Pokemon Mystery Dungeon: Guardians of Balance, and it's been long over due to actually get a proper logo art. I actually tried getting one sorted out a few months back, but I never really liked it. It seemed too tacky and not really neat at all. So, just today I went back to the drawing board, got an old logo (no intention to sell for copyright reasons, not that GoB will ever be sold), and did some work... and I'm actually pleased with the result.

Might still do some tweaks to make sure it's okay to use, but I'm pretty chuffed with this version of the PMD logo. Once those additions are done, it might pop up in some Guardians of Balance content.

Well, still early days, but I'm currently working on a full body of a 'new' fursona (the MadWolf), again, still struggling to learn how to do full bodies through anatomy. Again, the process takes me ages, so I think I'm going to have to sooner or later bite the bullet and work on doing anatomy more closely, likely with some kind of reference material. Especially with this being on track to being my most complex one yet save for Spitfire perhaps.

The main focus has always been on the legs. I already did a prototype head which I reused since I was getting more frustrated as time went on trying to draw it from scratch. The legs are either too thin, too fat or too short or long. Never quite working right. Just gotta keep trying until I get somewhere.

The time it takes for me to get something done though is still driving me crazy though.

Back