Rimworld: Anomaly - Void Gods, Golden Cubes and Wall Lights (1.5)

Anyone try this out? The demo will be available for July 10th. The main big mechanic differentiating it from RimWorld is you have a main family of X pawns that you can control like RimWorld, but your villagers/peasants aren't controllable. So far, it's pretty neat!

Also, the turorial is like 10x better than RimWorld. RimWorld's tutorial doesn't even teach you how to use schedules.
I've had my eye on this one for a while. It's pretty good. Takes some getting used to only having mostly control over just like 3-5 people in a 30 person village, but it does massively save on what you have to manage. The peasants need orders which the noble family gives them every day or so, which can limit how much you can actually accomplish. I had a bit where I couldn't figure out why work wasn't happening in a mine, till I noticed that the women I'd assigned couldn't give them orders cause she's getting ready to have a baby and can't walk.

It's clearly still early access, bows don't seem to be in yet despite having the building that makes them and I'm not sure injured people are able to fix themselves despite having access to medicine, or even having it on their person. But I'm absolutely looking forward to the game. Reminds me of Lords and Villeins, which I've had on my wishlist for ages.

Aw, man - and I've just recently started a medieval-flavoured colony. Oh well, at least most bugs will be fixed by the time I play with it.

Edit: Wow, this got way more of a response than I expected. Thank you everyone for supporting Noslee and/or the destruction of the empire. I have read every single comment, and I'll probably make a follow-up post if anything happens to Noslee (good or bad).
So, here's a bit of background for this post. I recently got back into RimWorld, and was enjoying some base building. I'd installed a few mods, mostly to get back some old characters of mine. I hadn't even intended on going against the Empire this time, since that generally seemed like a waste of time, and ill-advised. One of my pawns even had an imperial title at this point, which is something I rarely pursue.
Anyway, we'd done a few jobs for the empire, including fighting like, 3 mechanoid hives for some plasteel. Lo and behold, the message for a deserter shows up. Normally, I'd be ignoring it since perma-agroing the empire would be a bad idea for me. Then I started reading some information about the deserter in question.
She was 14, defecting from the empire. I read her child (only) backstory, and my heart sank. I also have Speak Up! as one of my mods, and it just so happens that my colony's leader, Captain, said a quote about being glad to have helped so many people on the Rim. It really wasn't much of a decision at that point.
Captain is actually the one on the right, severely injured. He took on 3 jannisaries by himself until my ranger could get from one end of the map to the other to help out. He had like 20% health and about 14 gunshot wounds (thankfully none of them permanent) by the time they managed to fight the empire off. Honestly, I'm kind of glad this little deserter showed up, because I had been wondering just what was my goal with this run... Now I think I have a good idea.
old.reddit.com

You OK, Kid?

Posted in r/RimWorld by u/cavalier753 • 5,948 points and 226 comments
In other news, the Vanilla Expanded team continues to put out as much content as the base game has in it. It's impressive just how much they've added on, never mind what all the other modders and fans out there do.

Looks like some Cthulhu-Archaeology-Madness combo.

He's able to hold a Tesseron in one hand and has a War Queen come up to his waist like a pet dog, I'm going to assume he's going to do whatever he wants to do really.

My pipe dream for this dlc is for rimworld to implement something like Dwarf Fortress Legends mode, having an actual history to the planets your on would do so much to enrich the game I think.
{It'd fit with the presumed archeology theme as well….
<which is why I am holding out some hope that it might happen

That'd be cool, but I really want them to expand on caravans and the world map. Hopefully add more modes of transport now that mods how shown vehicles can be added.

My dream is more gameplay towards factions and diplomacy. It would be cool if you could develop your settlement into the capital of your own faction, where instead of like farming and mining yourself your sending out troubleshooters to allied settlements and taking taxes.

That'd be cool, but I really want them to expand on caravans and the world map. Hopefully add more modes of transport now that mods how shown vehicles can be added.

My dream is more gameplay towards factions and diplomacy. It would be cool if you could develop your settlement into the capital of your own faction, where instead of like farming and mining yourself your sending out troubleshooters to allied settlements and taking taxes.
<Thing is, I think a legends mode would feed into those other things really nicely, having historical context and relationships would be a good beginning for proper diplomacy and exploration mechanics
{which is to say, she agrees with you but has a different path in mind to get there lol

View: https://twitter.com/TynanSylvester/status/1764092532751847742

Factions and diplomacy probably is in the works plus a caravan rework but I don't expect anything complex you'd get from a Paradox game.

not surpised, but it's still nice to think about.

<Thing is, I think a legends mode would feed into those other things really nicely, having historical context and relationships would be a good beginning for proper diplomacy and exploration mechanics
{which is to say, she agrees with you but has a different path in mind to get there lol
I just don't really think you could do legends until Caravan travel becomes less annoying.

Being able to designate specific pawns to pack stuff (but not travel) is a no brainer. As is not allowing pawns to caravan without designating a caravan spot placed down.This will likely be a free 1.5 update.

Back