No. of Votes: 4

[X] Plan Mentor, Elf and Strained Love
-[X] Elf.
-[X][Sister] Ally.
-[X][Lover] Enemy.
-[X][Mentor] Companion.

Total No. of Voters: 8

The issue should be rather obvious: we're tied on both issues. I'm going to bed soon. Assuming this is still the case when I wake up, then I'm going to have to flip a coin to decide. Frankly, considering this is character creation, I would really rather not leave things up to chance.

Please indicate which votes need to be in plan format, and which don't. Does the choice of race need to be included under the plan, or is it a separate vote? This might be important.

[x] Vampire

[x] Plan Vampire
-[x] [Sister] Companion.
-[x] [Lover] Ally.
-[x] [Mentor] Enemy.

What is the technological state of the world right now? It makes it sound like fantasy, and then casually mentions orbital defenses and war fleets capable of plane travel.
What is the source of the Gift? What is a Gift in the first place, is it some kind of a catch-all term? At first I thought it was a product of a divine blood, but it appears to be more of a blessing/effect that can be granted/imposed?
What is the relation between a Gift and a Flaw?
What are Domains? How does a God obtain one, what was that about a journey? Do they have any effect now that the Gods are gone?
What is Dominance/Rampancy? Are those domains? Why were the New Gods afflicted by the latter? It sounds like bad news, but what does it do? Again, are they even relevant to the current state of affairs?

Last edited:
Please indicate which votes need to be in plan format, and which don't. Does the choice of race need to be included under the plan, or is it a separate vote? This might be important.
Choice of Race is supposed to be seperate from the rest, but because the plan with the elf included it inside itself, and there is a strong limitation on just how many viable plans are available. Including the Race inside a unique plan won't make a difference (as evidenced by how cyrelium chose to count the votes, if they were a hardcore-rules-lawyer, the elf plan would be invalid). I'd recommend to switch out Mentor for enemy, and sister for companion, because you went vampire. And the combo (vampire+mentor=enemy) may work best that way for a vampire plan.

Last edited:
[X] Dragonborn.

[X] Plan Connections for the Future
-[X] [Sister] Enemy.
-[X] [Lover] Companion.
-[X] [Mentor] Ally.

What is the technological state of the world right now? It makes it sound like fantasy, and then casually mentions orbital defenses and war fleets capable of plane travel.
The world was a low-fantasy human setting in the rough equivalent of the 1960s/1970s at the time of Amathos' birth. The fuckery of the New Gods changed it into a high-fantasy sci-fi space opera setting. Some New Gods used their Infinite Wish ability to greatly advance science by skipping over the tedious infrastructure steps (e.g. if you need a Large Hadron Collider to test some theories, hey presto a New God whips one up in an hour max) and also making a lot of bullshit divine metamaterials that would break our laws of physics (e.g. metal that creates gravity when you run an electric current through it, stones that shoot out lava when heated, etc.). Tech across the Planes ranges from futuristic to essentially modern depending on whether the technological proliferation reached them or not and/or how many scientific strides they made on their own.

What is the source of the Gift? What is a Gift in the first place, is it some kind of a catch-all term? At first I thought it was a product of a divine blood, but it appears to be more of a blessing/effect that can be granted/imposed?
What is the relation between a Gift and a Flaw?
No one knows for sure, but Creationism holds that it comes from God/the Creator. The Gift is a genetic trait that provides various supernatural abilities. Since the next chargen post literally covers the Gift, I won't go into it here.

What are Domains? How does a God obtain one, what was that about a journey? Do they have any effect now that the Gods are gone?
Domains are crap. Some of the New Gods were high on their own power and styled themselves as Gods, "taking on" various domains. They don't represent the domains at all, though some New Divinists consider them to have functionally become New Gods of that domain through extensive application of power along that "domain."

What is Dominance/Rampancy? Are those domains? Why were the New Gods afflicted by the latter? It sounds like bad news, but what does it do? Again, are they even relevant to the current state of affair?
Folding this in with journey, and also the Gift. Again, since next post is coming soon I won't go into a lot of detail, but Rampancy is someone that is controlled entirely by their Flaw and Dominance is a term for a kind of strange enlightenment where one simultaneously embraces and rejects their Flaw. The bad New Gods were Rampant with Flaws like Selfishness, Obsession, Debauchery, etc.

Present tally:
[X] Dragonborn.
No. of Votes: 5

[X] Plan Connections for the Future
-[X][Sister] Enemy.
-[X][Lover] Companion.
-[X][Mentor] Ally.
No. of Votes: 5

[X] Plan Mentor, Elf and Strained Love
-[X] Elf.
-[X][Sister] Ally.
-[X][Lover] Enemy.
-[X][Mentor] Companion.

[X] Plan Vampire
-[X][Sister] Companion.
-[X][Lover] Ally.
-[X][Mentor] Enemy.
No. of Votes: 1

Total No. of Voters: 10

I was going to post the next part right now, but I haven't had breakfast and questions came up, so I'll give things another half-hour to an hour to see if things start changing or we hit another tie before posting.

Character Creation Part 3
The Gift is as old as human civilization; in fact, the Gift could be said to have sparked human civilization. The exact origins of the Gift are lost in the mists of time, but popular legend holds that forty-three hundred years ago the tribe of Cyrin the Conqueror came upon the Isle of Gifts at the very center of the Rings, and there were blessed with the Gifts that elevated them above other men and saw the tribe become the first primitive nation state.

Those who are Gifted are born with a silvery tattoo of a circular emblem upon their brow, one which shines through light fabric regardless of its opacity. The emblem is always complex and intricate, but seems to follow no other discernible pattern. The Gift always provides its bearer with superhuman or supernatural abilities, and typically manifests in the adolescent years, though the general category of the Gift can sometimes be determined from a younger age.

From long millennia of observation, a number of common facts regarding the Gift have emerged. First, traditional Gifts are invariably tied to one of the Giftbearer's major personality traits, and often related to some emotion. For example, Elementalists that manipulate fire are usually brash, passionate, and/or quick to anger, Physicalists that are exceedingly beautiful are often vain or lustful, and so on. It's not uncommon for families with Gifted children to try and push said children in a particular direction, though the success rate of such tactics is usually spotty at best. The associated personality trait is commonly referred to as a Quirk or Core Trait, though some philosophical texts on the Gift have also called it a Flaw.

Second, the more a Giftbearer emphasizes and indulges the personality trait in question, the stronger their Gift is. There are four general tiers of strength that have been observed, though these are ranges rather than strict uniform values. They are: Minor, Major, Rampant, and the vanishingly rare Dominant. Someone with a Minor Gift is one in which the Quirk is not expressed or heightened, or where the Giftbearer is restraining themselves; generally, any situation in which the Giftbearer is not taking active effort to feed their Quirk. Someone with a Major Gift has elevated their Quirk to be their strongest, most apparent, and most controlling personality trait, but who retains the presence of mind and self-control to restrain their actions and not act purely in-line with the impulses and mindset encouraged by their Quirk. Someone with a Rampant Gift is on an entirely different level, almost a walking force of nature. Whether deliberately or accidental, they are someone that has given in entirely to their Quirk, and has lost any ability to restrain themselves; for example, someone whose Quirk is Vanity will believe themselves better than everyone and cannot be convinced otherwise, the Quirk of Capriciousness means someone will always act on their first impulse, the Quirk of Kindness means one will be charitable and self-sacrificing to the extreme, and so on and so forth. This is not a state of being exclusive to the Gifted, those without the Gift are still capable of developing such monomania, but those without the Gift are usually far less capable of really acting on their desires. Rampancy is not usually seen as a good thing, as can be evidenced by the fact that the common perception of Rampant Gifted is that they 'fell into Rampancy', but whether it is a bad thing depends entirely on the Quirk in question and their personality.

The Dominant state has been observed a number of times over the millennia, but is shrouded by mystery. Someone with a Dominant Gift is not any more powerful than one with a Rampant Gift, in principle at least. Instead, the key difference lies in the level of control, in that a Dominant Giftbearer is able to act against and restrain their Quirk. The difficulty in attaining, and more importantly maintaining, this state is that it requires an exceptional degree of doublethink and cognitive dissonance: one must embrace their Quirk as their overarching guiding virtue while simultaneously accepting it as worthless, or minor, or irrelevant. Those who maintain Dominance, and do not break under the strain and fall to Rampancy, invariably become inhuman individuals with strange mindsets. Some who have achieved Dominance have written texts describing the process by which they achieved such a state, but such texts are usually incomprehensible and highly personal, and thus often more dangerous than useful as an actual guide to Dominance. They are as such banned, for the simple reason that while someone can have a semi-controlled descent into Rampancy depending on exactly how they choose to indulge their Quirk, someone that falls from the road to Dominance is invariably left mentally broken in unpredictable ways.

Lastly, the Gift is hereditary and recessive. Unions between Gifted individuals almost always produced Gifted children, whereas unions between a Gifted and Giftless typically didn't. As a result of this, the presence of the Gift was for a long time seen as a sign of nobility and divine providence. Over time though, such intermixed unions produced Gifted children at a greater rate, to the point that nowadays the vast majority of the population possesses a Gift of some kind.

When picking Gifts, vote for your top three choices. At the end of voting, the option with the most votes wins. The precise corresponding Flaw is chosen in the next step.

[_] Elementalist.
Elemental Gifts tend to be rather common, as they spring from some of the most ubiquitous traits: anger, passion, impulsiveness, stubbornness, and so on. As representing all of the potential Elemental Gifts would double the length of this vote, if Elementalist wins you'll simply choose your Flaw of choice in the next step and get the corresponding Element (list is Fire, Earth, Air, Water, Ice, Lightning). Elemental Gifts are primarily useful in combat, though they can also have ancillary uses in reshaping the landscape (the latter won't be mechanically represented). In the Minor Stage you get a few bonuses to your Combat Characteristics, a little below the level of what being a Dragonborn gives you. In the Major Stage these bonuses will double, and in battle calculations you will be included as the equivalent of a block of Infantry. If you progress to the Rampant/Dominant Stage, the bonuses will increase significantly and you'll essentially be a force of nature, counting as a Superheavy when it comes to army calculations. A fragile force of nature - your body remains the same - but still.

Physical Gifts apply some kind of semi-constant change to your body. This can include the relatively mundane - exaggerated physical attributes such as beauty or strength, the odd - regeneration, invulnerability, and the inhuman - shapeshifting. Both Physical Gifts are -1 BP.

[_] Ideal Form.
Your Gift responds to the mental image of your ideal self, reshaping and maintaining your body to fit how you imagine yourself. Practically speaking, this makes it difficult for you to be permanently injured, improves your appearance, and at higher levels improves some of your Combat Characteristics. Potential Flaws related to this Gift are Vanity, Pride, and similar personality traits. In the Minor Stage your Appearance Trait goes up by 1 tier (i.e. if you had nothing you are now Attractive, if you had Attractive you are now Beautiful, and above beautiful you get into levels of inhuman beauty and possible memetic hazards) - the Appearance Trait impacts Opinion, which impacts the outcomes of social interactions. In the Major Stage your Appearance Trait goes up by 2 tiers, and you gain a minor bonus to Combat Characteristics. If you progress to the Rampant/Dominant Stage, your Appearance Trait goes up by 3 tiers (at which point, if you weren't already, you are a memetic hazard), and you gain bonuses to your Combat Characteristics on par with being a Dragonborn.

[_] Phoenician.
Your Gift is a reflection of the phrase "consequences don't apply to me." You will quickly regenerate from injuries, and at higher levels the speed of regeneration is such that total disintegration would be required to kill you (if that even works). Potential Flaws related to this Gift are Recklessness, Aconsequantialism (the aforementioned belief that you never suffer consequences), and similar personality traits. Essentially, this Gift provides you with Wound Regeneration of a tier equivalent to your Stage, and at Major+ raises your Combat Characteristics to a slight degree as you start being able to use the full strength of your body without injury.

Presence Gifts are the last category of common Gift. Rather than changing the self, they change the environment, though in contrast to Elementalist Gifts they affect the people rather than the world directly. Generally speaking, they alter the perception of those who perceive the Gifted individual in various ways. Presence Gifts give stronger general bonuses, but the Gift of the Ideal Form is ultimately stronger when it comes to affecting Opinion and social rolls. Both Presence Gifts are -2 BP.

[_] Charm.
Your Gift magnifies your natural charisma, bestowing upon you an air of friendliness and charm that results in people finding you likeable, agreeable, and trustworthy. This provides multiplicative bonuses to Diplomacy, Intrigue, and Stewardship (though for the latter only half the bonus and only in negotiation situations) in accordance with your stage. Potential Flaws related to this Gift are Virtuosity, Condescension, and other traits related to seeing yourself as someone trustworthy and worth listening to.

[_] Authority.
Your Gift magnifies your air of authority and command. When you speak, people find themselves listening and then leaping to obey. This provides multiplicative bonuses to Martial, Stewardship, and Diplomacy (though for the latter only half the bonus and only in interpersonal situations) in accordance with your stage. Potential Flaws related to this are Hubris, Assertiveness, and other traits related to believing yourself as someone to be implicitly obeyed.

Lastly, there are Disjointed Gifts. Disjointed Gifts are rare, esoteric, and a category all of their own. Typically, rather than being born of some inherent character trait, they are instead shaped or guided by internal desires or obsessions, though the link is not always obvious or positive. They are occasionally referred to as Curses in the texts that touch upon them. They do not spring from a Flaw and thus do not follow the Minor/Major/Rampant/Dominant progression. Instead, they are constant once manifested, and usually bring with them incredible power over the world in some shape or form. Examples include the Gift of Failure, Gift of Foresight, and the original Gift of Change - all of Amathos' children seemed to have developed a warped Gift that sprung from a Flaw, which explains much of what went wrong in the Time of Madness. In your case, Disjointed Gifts are linked with your chosen ambition and more specifically the Turn Actions you take. Both Disjointed Gifts are -3 BP, and have significant effects on how you should approach turn resolution.

[_] Predetermination.
You've always had a vague awareness of the course of your life, how your future would play out: good, bad, average, horrific, exceptional. Over time you came to realize that these feelings lined up with specific major events, and that no matter what you did or what course you chose, the next major event would occur in line with your awareness. You do not roll dice in the normal way. Instead, I will provide you with a sequential string of nine outcomes that correspond to (Critical Failure, Failure, Bare Success, Good Success, Critical Success). In cases where you would roll to resolve a Turn Action or Event Turn, you instead achieve the outcome next on your list. For example, if the next two outcomes in the sequence are Crit Success and Crit Fail, and you take a Diplomacy action that sees you negotiate with a head of state and a Martial action that sees you reorganize your forces, you will automatically succeed on the negotiations and automatically fail the reorganization. There is no good way to sidestep a bad result; attempts to do so will have the bad result be applied to the attempt to sidestep. The most you can do is arrange an acceptable sequence of events.

[_] Equivalent Victory.
Everything has always gone your way in life. Not perfectly, no, often not even exceptionally, but you have succeeded on every single test, every challenge, and every interaction, no matter how difficult or improbable. Over the years though, you've come to realize that when you succeed against the odds, people around you seem to suffer and fail in strange and often drastic ways. The short version is that you are a luck vampire. You roll in the normal way, and then if the roll is a failure, you will instead barely succeed - note the qualifier. I will then take the amount by which you fell short and subtract it from an ally's roll. I will attempt to apply this penalty on the same turn and to the same kind of action (e.g. Diplomacy to Diplomacy, Martial to Martial, Combat to Combat, etc.).

So, as of now, we have 4 BP. Also our stats currently look something like this:

Martial: No bonuses
Diplomacy: Moderate bonus
Stewardship: No bonuses
Intrigue: Moderate bonus, Large bonus
Learning: Lesser bonus
Combat Characteristics: Major bonus

[X] Charm.
[X] Equivalent Victory.

Last edited:
[x] Phoenician.
[x] Predetermination.

Predetermination is very weird; I don't think I've ever seen anything like it in practice. It can affect the way the game plays far more than Equivalent Victory would. I definitely want to see it at least once, but don't know if I would want to keep it once I do. Ah well, it'll be an experiment.

Predetermination is very weird; I don't think I've ever seen anything like it in practice. It can affect the way the game plays far more than Equivalent Victory would. I definitely want to see it at least once, but don't know if I would want to keep it once I do. Ah well, it'll be an experiment.
When it came to the Disjointed Gifts I thought long and hard about mechanics I could introduce that would shift the regular playstyle and produce interesting discussions. Predetermination came first and was the easiest, it took a while longer for me to come up with Equivalent Victory.

My head has been killing me all day and I am out of it so I'm going to check out for the rest of the day and so the last section of character generation will come later tomorrow as I won't be writing tonight, but before that point I would like more votes on the Gift rather than just three. It is a rather major part of your character after all.

Also while I have a spread of images in mind for the main character I would like to get a wider selection, so I'm looking for artwork of female characters that are essentially half-dragons or have draconic features (i.e. wings, horns, scales, etc.).

Seeing as how Lover won as Companion I've started to generate them (him, as the RNG pronounced), and I'm also interested in male vampire artwork (the RNG on him was fairly good so far, though I won't finish him until the main character gets wrapped up).

Character Creation Part 4
There's going to be a lengthier mechanics post once we get to the Departure Turn (coming up next), but for now I'll talk about the mechanics you need to know to make better, informed decisions for this stage.

The primary resolution mechanic for Turn Actions is a d100 roll like every other CKII game. However, unlike other CKII games, you don't necessarily have set characters filling set roles (e.g. Chancellor, Steward, etc.) with exact percentile chances. Instead, you can assign different characters to different actions according to their skills and personalities, and each of these actions instead has a set difficulty. Characters/advisors start out with 3 Actions they can devote to varying options; various Traits and Gifts can modify this amount.

Now, let's take a random Diplomacy action of difficulty 10 to which you assign an advisor with skill 15. The modifier to their roll is equal to their skill level minus the difficulty level (15 – 10 = 5) times 3.33... rounding down (i.e. a difference of 1 is 3%, 2 is 6%, 3 is 10%, etc.). Thus, this hypothetical advisor has a +16 modifier. They add it to their modifier, and try to beat a 50 (in other words, an advisor matched equally to a task has a 50% chance of success). Or in summary, the roll goes d100 – 50 + 3.33... * (Skill – Difficulty), where a positive result is good, a 0 is a bare success, and a negative result is bad. If the final result is more than 50, then it's a critical success of some kind; less than -50, a critical failure.

Difficulties range from 5 to 35, with the average falling around 15. Skill/Characteristics tend to fall into the same range.

Opinion applies specifically to rolls describing the social interaction between two people – usually Diplomacy, though sometimes Stewardship or Intrigue and veeeery occasionally Martial (i.e. between superior and underling). Like the actual game, this value describes how people see you/how you see them, and ranges from -100 to 100 even if the combined modifiers would normally total to something lesser/greater than that. Before rolling, the Opinions of both people involved are averaged (e.g. one person feels very strongly and has a +100, the other is weirded out but still friendly at a +20, average is +60) and is added as a modifier to the initiator's roll. Just about all Personality Traits impact Opinion in some way.

Personal Combat/Dueling is a stripped down and simplified version of Exalted 3e. The four characteristics are Attack, Defense, Initiative, and Wounds, the first three of which range from 0 to 10 (the average person will have 1-2 in the first three, and 3-5 in the last). Attacks are resolved through rolling a number of d2 equal to twice the Attack characteristic, with every result of 2 counting as a success. Matching or beating the target's Defense reduces the target's Wounds by 1+extra successes (i.e. if attacker rolls 3 successes and target has 2 Defense, there is 1 extra success). First person to bring an opponent to a set number of wounds (0 in lethal duels, 1-3 in non-lethal) wins. Initiative is used to determine who strikes first and how often. If one side has a higher Initiative, they strike first. In addition, for every 2 points by which their Initiative exceeds the other's, they attack an extra time in the same round. If both sides have the same Initiative, I flip a coin to see who strikes first that round. Equipment, special attacks, and all that are summarized entirely by the Combat Characteristics.

Lastly, Prestige and Wealth. Wealth is basically gold from all other systems and is a universal currency used to buy assets, send gifts, take actions, fund armies, etc. Prestige is similar in that it's also a currency, but it's more limited and grows differently. Prestige is a social currency you spend within the Empire to acquire favors, resources, allies, etc. You gain and lose Prestige through your actions, and this forms your Prestige Cap. When you spend Prestige on social influencing, your Cap does not decrease, but the amount of "free" Prestige does. In other words, your Prestige Cap is how well you're known, while your "free" Prestige is the social capital you have available. Wealth is represented through a simple number, Prestige is represented in the form of X (Y), where X is the Cap and Y is Prestige you've spent. X – Y is thus free Prestige.

Now, the last stage of character creation. Everything that follows should be contained within a plan.

Education:
Beyond your own practice and Svetlana the Steel Maiden's targeted tutoring, you also received a wider education from her and other sources. This provides a small bonus to Learning (+3), but more broadly what was the focus of your education? Your current stat bonuses are: +3 to Diplomacy, +9 to Intrigue, +6 to Learning (including the just-mentioned +3), +2 to Attack and Defense, and +3 to Wounds.

[_] Military.
You were taught how to read a battlefield, organize logistics, command and lead troops to victory and death, and how to fight and react and survive. Provides +6 to Martial, +3 to Stewardship, +1 to Attack, Defense, and +1 Initiative, +2 to Wounds.

[_] Courtly.
You were taught how to maneuver in high society, play the Apétychen Court, and guide and prod and manipulate people. You were also given some training in courtly dueling, seeing as how it's a favored and longstanding pastime of the nobility. Provides +6 Diplomacy and Intrigue, +1 to Attack and Defense.

[_] Business.
You were taught the rules and patterns of money and business: how it flows, how to nurture it, how to lead and guide, what to look out for, what to guard against. Provides +6 to Stewardship, +3 to Diplomacy and Intrigue and Learning.

Flaw:
Upon further thought, there are two dichotomous traits a Gift of Charm could spring from.

[_] Ambition.
Your Gift springs less from a good and effusive personality and more your dedicated belief in yourself. Your confidence and dedication wells forth to draw people into your influence, your every word dripping with passion that sways the mind. As a result, you do not like opposition or setbacks. This does not mean you don't take advice or are incapable of caution, but rather that you are predisposed to see those that stand against you more harshly and more negatively. In essence, you're less tolerant and friction will more easily generate enemies.

[_] Virtuosity.
Your Gift springs from a fundamental goodness of heart, a habit of kindness so strong you at times have the mien of a saint. You will have to take Kind as a Trait, and its effects will be exaggerated; you will balk at certain actions – bloody battles, massacres, assassinations, engendering familial strife, wars of conquest, that kind of thing. Your advisors will still be able to take such actions if you – as the players – direct them to, but they will try and hide or downplay said actions, which will cause strife if the PC rolls well enough to find out and/or the advisor fucks up.

Traits: The personal, physical, personality, and background traits and quirks that define you as an individual. You have 2 BP. You may select a maximum of 5 Personality Traits and a maximum of 3 Perks/Drawbacks. If you have extra BP at the end of this stage, they will be converted 1:1 to extra points in your highest CKII stat (which is basically guaranteed to be Intrigue). You cannot end this stage with negative BP.

-Personality:
While you as the players decide what actions your character takes, these personality traits influence the results of those actions. Keep that in mind, as I will stick to the personality traits even, and perhaps especially, where it could be inconvenient. Moreover, the interactions between your character and your advisors will be a major part of the game. Make sure you come out with a character you will be willing to stick with.

[_] Lustful.
You're very passionate when it comes to sex, and your eye tends to wander. You're more likely to initiate and succumb to seduction attempts; also, your relationship with your lover is going to be more open and less exclusive. +5 Opinion to others with Lustful, extra +5 Opinion to those attracted to you, -15 Opinion to those with Chaste (those who are attracted to you still apply both modifiers). Cannot be taken with Draconic Lust, +1 BP.

[_] Draconic Lust.
You've inherited the rampant and ardent desire for physical relations that is present in all true Dragons. You flirt with just about everyone, frequently find yourself in another's bed, and are completely insatiable. As with Lustful, your relationship with your lover is going to be more open and less exclusive. +10 Opinion to others with Lustful, extra +10 Opinion to those attracted to you, -30 Opinion to those with Chaste (those who are attracted to you still apply both modifiers). Cannot be taken with Lustful, +2 BP.

[_] Wroth.
Your anger often grows beyond your capacity to restrain it, leading you to impulsive and ill-advised actions. Does not inherently correlate with physical violence; could manifest as verbal insults, grudges, and termination of negotiations/agreements. Expands the Critical Failure margin on actions involving social interaction (usually Diplomacy) to -40 from -50, -10 Opinion to those with Patient. Cannot be taken with Patient, +1 BP.

[_] Slothful.
Legends and myths are full of tales of dragons lounging around on hoarded piles of gold doing nothing but enjoying themselves. While Sloth is not an inherent draconic trait, many dragons, drakes, and dragonborn like the sound of lounging around and enjoying themselves while others scurry to please them. -5 Opinion in general, extra -10 Opinion to those with Diligent. Cannot be taken with Diligent, lose 1 Action a turn on your character, +3 BP.

[_] Kind.
You're friendly, considerate, tolerant of mistakes and accidents, and helpful to those in need. However, you shy away from cruel and hard acts, as well as those who commit them. +5 Opinion in general, extra +5 to those with similar traits (e.g. Kind, Charitable, etc.), -10 Opinion to those with opposing traits (e.g. Ruthless, Envious, Greedy, etc. - overrides general Opinion modifier). Cannot be taken with Ruthless.

[_] Charitable.
You tend to be free and giving with your money and aid, providing help to the less fortunate. This attitude endears you to them, but leaves you somewhat lesser in terms of resources and sets you against the greedy and the grasping. +5 Opinion in general, extra +5 to those with similar traits (e.g. Kind, Charitable, etc.), -10 Opinion to those with opposing traits (e.g. Ruthless, Envious, Greedy, etc. - overrides general Opinion modifier). Applies a -10% modifier to the Wealth Income of overseen ventures (i.e. total income + any personal Stewardship actions), and also improves the benefits and costs of various charity actions by 25%. -1 BP.

[_] Patient.
You rarely feel the burgeoning need to act swiftly or rise to an insult, and are able to tolerate and suffer through delays, problems, and setbacks. Shrinks the Critical Failure margin on actions involving social interaction (usually Diplomacy) from -50 to -60, -10 Opinion to those with Wroth. Cannot be taken with Wroth, -1 BP.

[_] Diligent.
You're a hard worker, devoting a lot of care and attention to the tasks you set yourself. Some might even call you a workaholic. +5 Opinion in general, -10 Opinion to those with Slothful (overrides general modifier). Cannot be taken with Slothful, gain 1 Action a turn on your character, -5 BP.

[_] Ruthless.
Many would say you lack pity or compassion. This is not necessarily true. Rather, you simply prize results and success above all else. At this point, with your hopes and dreams in tatters, you can do nothing else. -10 General Opinion. Cannot be taken with Kind, +1 BP.

[_] Deceitful.
You aren't a pathological liar, but you rarely show your true face. Truth and lies are merely tools in your arsenal, to be wielded as appropriate, and you have few qualms with manipulating others. -5 Opinion in general, if you have a negative Opinion of someone that value is halved for the purposes of calculating roll modifiers. Cannot be taken with Honest, +1 BP.

[_] Cynical.
Your perspective or belief is entirely worldly. You question everyone's motives, are disinterested with 'accepted standards', and if you do believe in a higher power, it's as a very disinterested Fundamentalist. +5 Opinion to others with Cynical, -15 to those with Zealous and differing religious beliefs. Cannot be taken with Zealous.

[_] Gregarious.
You're very sociable and fond of company. Some might say that you talk too much, but usually you manage to keep the conversation balanced and interesting enough to avoid that complaint. Not all of the information you learn is useful or even interesting, but sometimes loose tongues spill extra tidbits. +5 Opinion in general, extra +5 Opinion to those with the same trait, extra +5 Opinion to those attracted to you. -1 BP.

[_] Honest.
You're sincere and straightforward in your dealings, avoiding deceit and underhanded dealings. This doesn't mean you're free with secrets, but you do prefer to keep things aboveboard. +10 Opinion in general, -10 Opinion to those with Deceitful (overrides general modifier). Cannot be taken with Deceitful, -1 BP.

[_] Erudite.
You have a fascination with knowledge, and as a result you're well-read and learned. Often, this results in you knowing interesting bits of semi-relevant trivia, but sometimes this passion and drive produces knowledge that is relevant to the situation. +3 Learning, -1 BP.

[_] Zealous.
Whatever your beliefs are, you cling to them tightly and with much devotion. You take issue to being questioned regarding those beliefs, and stand against any that oppose them. Whether you're religious or not is, ultimately, irrelevant, as your zeal permeates your entire personality. To others with similar religious beliefs, apply a +15 Opinion modifier (i.e. you like them more); to others with different religious beliefs, apply a -25 Opinion Modifier (i.e. you like them less). Cannot be taken with Cynical, +1 BP.

-Other:
These traits describe your skills, capacity, and connections.

[_] Attractive.
You are pretty, shapely, and nice to look at. Not close to the height of beauty, and nothing close to the near-divine presence of some Gifted individuals, but still fair and appealing. +20 Opinion against those attracted to you, half against everyone else. Cannot be taken with Gorgeous, -1 BP.

[_] Gorgeous.
Your natural beauty knows few peers. You have a kind of body that matches many with beauty-and-figure related Gifts, and you know it. +40 Opinion against those attracted to you, half against everyone else. Cannot be taken with Attractive, -3 BP.

[_] Genius.
Your mind soaks up information like a sponge, makes connections at a blistering pace, and retains information like a miserly dragon clutching at their horde. +3 to Diplomacy, Martial, Stewardship, Intrigue, and Learning. -4 BP.

[_] Grand Exodus.
As part and parcel of the lifeline she offered to you, the Steel Maiden has leveraged her own connections to play up the benefits of supporting you, emphasizing your skill and drive and what an asset you could be to the Empire. You get extra governmental support and resources to start, which translates to more choices and higher quality everything. Cannot be taken with Encouraged to Fail, -4 BP.

[_] Encouraged to Fail.
Your enemies are particularly vicious and well-connected, and they seek to cut you off at the knees before you even start. They've weighed in on the Senate and implied that since you're so skilled, you don't need as much of the customary support. You start with only a middling ship, a half-competent crew, and any resources you can scrape together by yourself. Cannot be taken with Grand Exodus, +3 BP.

[_] Imperial Blood.
Through your father, you have a somewhat close familial connection to the Imperial Komnevosian Family. Their star and power has long since waned, but having close blood ties to the family of the Emperor is still seen as a coup and a boon even in this day and age. You start with the Imperial Blood Trait, which provides you some extra Prestige and +15 Opinion to people within the empire. This Trait may also apply when dealing with planar governments with sympathies or hatred toward the empire. -2 BP.

[_] Burnt Bridges.
Your fall from grace was especially turbulent, and the aftermath found you with few supporters and fewer friends. Your name does not carry the weight it once did, and it may be a while until it does so again. You start with the Burnt Bridges Trait, which halves your starting Prestige and -15 Opinion to people within the empire. If taken with Imperial Blood, the two functionally cancel each other out (in the empire at least) until this Trait is removed. This Trait can be removed by either spending 500 Prestige or naturally accumulating 2500 Prestige. +1 BP.

[_] Major Gift.
By default, your Gift will start at Minor, and it will take time and dedicated effort playing into your Flaw in order to advance a stage. With this option, you instead start at the Major stage, magnifying both the benefits of the Gift and the Flaw. -1 BP.

[_] Martial Savant.
Fighting comes as naturally to you as breathing. The tempo of battle, the weight of a weapon, situational awareness, all of it is second nature to you. Provides +1 Attack, Defense, and Initiative. Cannot be taken with Martial Incompetent, -1 BP.

[_] Martial Incompetent.
You suck at fighting; there's no denying it. You have the wrong temperament, your reflexes are poor, and it's not like you have a Gift suitable for combat anyway. You prefer to just avoid all that physical labor and excitement. Provides -1 Attack, Defense, and Initiative. Cannot be taken with Martial Savant, +1 BP.

Considering the slightly delayed timing of this post, personal work, and an event I have on Wednesday that means I won't be available to answer any questions that crop up after putting up the first turn, voting will stay open for 48 hours.

Now, the last stage of character creation. Everything that follows should be contained within a plan.
What are the option limitations on the categories for everything that followed? From my perspective, we could have a plan that chose everything. Except traits of course, due to BP expenditures.

Last edited:
What are the option limitations on the categories for everything that followed? From my perspective, we could have a plan that chose everything. Except traits of course, due to BP expenditures.
You may select a maximum of 5 Personality Traits and a maximum of 3 Perks/Drawbacks. If you have extra BP at the end of this stage, they will be converted 1:1 to extra points in your highest CKII stat (which is basically guaranteed to be Intrigue). You cannot end this stage with negative BP.
Right in the part, at the start of the Traits section.

[X] Plan Heart Of Fire
-[X] Business.
-[X] Virtuosity.

-[X] Draconic Lust.
-[X] Kind.
-[X] Wroth.
-[X] Zealous.
-[X] Honest.

-[X] Major Gift.
-[X] Gorgeous.
-[X] Martial Savant.

0 BP left
5/5 Personality
3/3 Perks/Drawbacks

Going all in on the Charm aspect.

[X] Plan: Merchant, Ambition
-[X] Business.
You were taught the rules and patterns of money and business: how it flows, how to nurture it, how to lead and guide, what to look out for, what to guard against. Provides +6 to Stewardship, +3 to Diplomacy and Intrigue and Learning.
-[X] Ambition.
Your Gift springs less from a good and effusive personality and more your dedicated belief in yourself. Your confidence and dedication wells forth to draw people into your influence, your every word dripping with passion that sways the mind. As a result, you do not like opposition or setbacks. This does not mean you don't take advice or are incapable of caution, but rather that you are predisposed to see those that stand against you more harshly and more negatively. In essence, you're less tolerant and friction will more easily generate enemies.

-[X] Kind.
You're friendly, considerate, tolerant of mistakes and accidents, and helpful to those in need. However, you shy away from cruel and hard acts, as well as those who commit them. +5 Opinion in general, extra +5 to those with similar traits (e.g. Kind, Charitable, etc.), -10 Opinion to those with opposing traits (e.g. Ruthless, Envious, Greedy, etc. - overrides general Opinion modifier). Cannot be taken with Ruthless.
-[X] Genius.
Your mind soaks up information like a sponge, makes connections at a blistering pace, and retains information like a miserly dragon clutching at their horde. +3 to Diplomacy, Martial, Stewardship, Intrigue, and Learning. -4 BP.
-[X] Encouraged to Fail.
Your enemies are particularly vicious and well-connected, and they seek to cut you off at the knees before you even start. They've weighed in on the Senate and implied that since you're so skilled, you don't need as much of the customary support. You start with only a middling ship, a half-competent crew, and any resources you can scrape together by yourself. Cannot be taken with Grand Exodus, +3 BP.
-[X] Erudite.
You have a fascination with knowledge, and as a result you're well-read and learned. Often, this results in you knowing interesting bits of semi-relevant trivia, but sometimes this passion and drive produces knowledge that is relevant to the situation. +3 Learning, -1 BP.

I'm trying to go after character traits I think might be neat to combo with. Because Kind seems to not cost anything, I took that for narrative.

[X] Plan Ambitious Schemer
-[X] Business.
-[X] Ambition.
-[X] Lustful.
-[X] Patient.
-[X] Ruthless.
-[X] Deceitful.
-[X] Gorgeous.
-[X] Genius.
-[X] Encouraged to Fail.

[X] Plan Heart Of Fire
-[X] Business.