Once in a while, Enkida still tries to sketch things...

Created at
Index progress
Ongoing
Watchers
Recent readers

I used to actually draw my own comic. Then I stopped for about 15 years and now all my art...

Enkida

Full Cyborg
I used to actually draw my own comic. Then I stopped for about 15 years and now all my art skillz are gone. I still draw stuff like this from time to time so I thought I'd post it here when I do, because DevArt has kinda become a cesspit but I'm not skilled enough to upgrade to something better. Older works can be found on my sig. At one point in time, right before I stopped making my comics, I would have actually evaluated myself as "somewhat good at this." Not anymore, LOL. You need to practice your art skills to keep them fresh.

EDIT: in the interest of making a good first impression, here is one of my old things from before I stopped drawing:

now that I've raised your expectations let's lower them XD All the rest of the stuff I post in this thread is actually current skill levels

Anyway, this is fanart for the Japanese light novel "My Death Flags Show No Sign Of Ending." I actually made this not because I'm particularly attached to this novel, but because the translator clued readers in to the fact that the author's novel is so unpopular in Japan that s/he was unmotivated to finish it, until the translator's western audience calvaried in with support and got the author some inspiration back, even though s/he couldn't read the English. Those kind of stories touch my heart so I threw in something of my own to add to it. This was done on Clairfontaine notebook with a Sailor MF-nibbed fountain pen, ink is Monteverde Midnight Black. I photoshopped it to be redder though, since... you can't see the beautiful Monteverde ink sheen on the scan anyhow.

Last edited:
Ah, I forgot - most of my sketching that I do these days is in direct relation to reviewing fountain pen inks. So I thought to compile a few of them and stick them together here.

Totally forgot I did this for Inktober one of these days... Relatively happy with how it came out because no presketching or any of that, just put the ink to the paper and blamo for once. Drawn with TWSBI Eco F nib fountain pen and Caran d'Ache Electric Orange ink.

wasn't happy with the costume, ganked some from instagram (I think official dnd artwork, but instagram... hard to track)

ruh roh the rest of the dnd crew saw the pics and liked them

here's the barbarian on request

more dnd request portraits...
warforged artificer

group is not done as I got 3 more players to go, but they wanted a group spread so I suggested this instead because i'm lazy af

we got the paladin update now . I hate drawing minotaurs and I hate drawing heavy armour so this is like my art kryptonite right here

and also the group update

the last member is a tiefling artificier and since I know neither what the player said their char looks like nor what tieflings look like in general it may be a while before the final update

man this is a marathon art day for me

tiefling artificier

updated group portrait... now to clean it up uggggg

Second time I've made one of these suckers. Just permanent marker - it works, it lasts, it's cool, and nobody will steal your kid's freakin' umbrella in the school because Captain Obvious XD

been a while eh? another one shot character with a costume taken from card captor sakura

no idea what was here before, have some other artwork I did then

Last edited:
fellow players in our weekly game jumping on the I'm bored and I have sketch time bandwagon

another broken link, another different sketch. my sister asked me to make an all-girl superhero baby mobile for her daughter when she was born, so I did. this was the battle angel alita hanger ornament XD

Last edited:
So I did inktober. I'm tired, and I'm doing NaNoWriMo too. Just ask if you want to see a bigger version of any of these

uh... broken image, have kabuki fanart instead

Last edited:
when someone tells you you missed your chance to draw bacon for the crispy prompt on day 28

So I don't know where all my images went. have even more final fantasy fanart

Last edited:
Happy 2022! First drawing of the year in steps! This design is based off of someone elses' artwork that I found on pinterest; I really don't do costumes. It wasn't a werewolf picture though, which is why I changed the pose redrew it :)

Found one of the two original images

but missing no. 2 so, uh. have this instead? Also a DnD character

Last edited:
Back