I regularly stop by to demonstrate the best of current AI art, I guess, but… usually, I joke about how it's coming for our jobs.

This isn't much of a joke anymore.

There's still a saving grace: This thing is hard to control. I can ask for pictures on a general theme, but I can't fine-tune them except by repeatedly rolling the dice.

Not much of a grace. I know of in-development systems which fix that.
If it can make backgrounds, that would save plenty of time and be a great tool. But if it can copy an artist's artstyle and mimic it to near perfection, then I'd like to know the servers' location, the developers, the entire web...for science, of course. Who would do them harm, am I right?

If it can make backgrounds, that would save plenty of time and be a great tool. But if it can copy an artist's artstyle and mimic it to near perfection, then I'd like to know the servers' location, the developers, the entire web...for science, of course. Who would do them harm, am I right?
It can do both of those. Only to well-known artists, mind.

And in the one week since last time, it has since-

- An adventure location from one quest I'm writing.

- A secondary character in the second quest. She's not having a great day, week, or millennium.

Given this rate of improvements, I don't think there's any need to say anything.

Why are you doing this? What do you get from coming into an artist's thread and going "LOL AI WILL REPLACE YOU" ?

Last edited:
Why are you doing this? What do you get from coming into an artist's thread and going "LOL AI WILL REPLACE YOU" ?
He hasn't been? Baughn has popped in a few times to share AI pictures and show how well (or not) they can do X vs a human artist. I certainly haven't gotten a hostile or taunting tone from his posts...

You know, it's amazing just how many little things are wrong with the AI art once you know to look for them. The hands, how she's sitting in the chair, something is amazingly wrong with the legs...

At a glace it's great, but it doesn't hold up to scrutiny.

It's almost like using a low-end AI gets you poor results. :p

Here's my take on it, by way of Deep Danbooru and stuff.

1665756567737.png

I see no issues here.

1665756986805.png

Honestly, there's definitely something about this prompt that makes the legs break. I don't normally get this sort of result.

1665757127974.png

It's probably just because you had them crossed. Fewer examples for it to learn off of. The next major development is using 3d models in latent space, so probably it'll be fixed by this time next year. ... going by the general rule of thumb, make it February.

Attachments

• 1665756608560.png
    1665756608560.png
    368.4 KB · Views: 5
Last edited:
Honestly, there's definitely something about this prompt that makes the legs break. I don't normally get this sort of result.

It's probably just because you had them crossed. Fewer examples for it to learn off of. The next major development is using 3d models in latent space, so probably it'll be fixed by this time next year. ... going by the general rule of thumb, make it February.
The prompt Kuso used to generate his img2img is based of mine which is kinda weird, so it's no surprise a reverse engineered version from the Deepbooru script wouldn't pick up on the stuff we did. I'm not entirely sure if Deepbooru would just add nsfw into prompt since I haven't bothered using the interrogator much, but assuming it didn't add it that might be why. We've observed that with additional setting and/or apparel details it seems to override the horny and you are left with decently good anatomy, so if you can get away with it you should really just add nsfw everywhere.

Some of the results for the NSFW tag (not really NSFW):

View: https://imgur.com/a/9TIVXJ3

Also as an aside, adding in gacha games is also a good way to deviate the results :V
If you ever want to color grade your art blue and don't want to write blue theme, cherenkov radiation also works. The same goes if you want to color grade red, you can use redshifting. Nonsensical rainbow flecks is also an option if you write in thin layer interference, bonus points if you add in raytracing and chromatic aberration now your entire generated picture is nonsensical rainbows.

Last edited:
AI can also generate art from lyrics.

Exhibition A:

California Gurls

There is something terribly wrong with the water in California.

An easy way to fix the details is with full-resolution inpainting. Basically, the more focus the AI has on any given feature, the better it does; what you want to do is to mask out a (roughly square) picture surrounding her hand, plus the hand itself. I tend to place small dots in the corner of an imagined rectangle surrounding the thing I want to fix, such that the rest of the picture is left mostly alone.

Full-resolution inpainting works by showing the AI just that one part of the picture, making that feature effectively larger, and then downsizing the output at the end.

You do need to change the prompt to describe just the rectangle, however. So placing it around just her hand won't work so well. Who draws a picture consisting of only a hand?

As an example... I used inpainting to convert this delightful picture:

1666028645647.png

Into this:

1666028658880.png

In which Hirasawa Yui is having a terrible time indeed. Notice that her head got slightly cut off here; that's because I didn't specify the width/height of the bounding box properly. It's still a bit of a trial-and-error process, but this was good enough, so back it goes for a second round.

1666028774687.png

In which I only redo her head.

Inpainting only works about 20-25% of the time, but that just means you have to use more and/or larger batches.

1666028868357.png

Repeat until results are as desired. ... except I have no specific use for this one besides aggroing friends, so this will do. :D

1666029378119.png

Final output.

Last edited:
Cyber Crime Detective, Royal Thai Police

Police Captain Kwandao, Deputy Inspector
Cyber Crime Suppression Group, High-Tech Crime Division, Cyber Crime Investigation Bureau, Royal Thai Police

ร.ต.อ.หญิง ขวัญดาว
รองสารวัตร กลุ่มงานป้องกันอาชญากรรมทางเทคโนโลยี กองบังคับการตรวจสอบและวิเคราะห์อาชญากรรมทางเทคโนโลยี กองบัญชาการตำรวจสืบสวนสอบสวนอาชญากรรมทางเทคโนโลยี สำนักงานตำรวจแห่งชาติ
(รอง สว.กลุ่มงานป้องกันฯ บก.ตอท. บช.สอท.ตร.)

Back