"Avalanche Squadron"
4th Orbital Diver Squadron Emblem

Powered by memes, weebs and cringe. Made for Muv Luv UN RP that @DaS5 @Whiskey Golf @Tonaris @ckk185 @RazorBlaxe @EmpirePlayer @XenaC @Yezar @kct are doing in Project MIKHAIL.​
Not gonna lie, I'm pretty amazed at how this happened. Like, the original description of the logo was:

"The squadron insignia is a roundel, portraying a series of comets over a profile of Puncak Jaya, with a stylised depiction of an avalanche coming down the mountain. The squadron motto, "Here Comes The Snow", frames the roundel."

*looks up* Yeah, that really departed.

(A constant refrain throughout those hours: "Graphic design is my passion.")

Ngl, seeing it happen live in real time was a real treat tho. Sasuga Kuso o7

Now just hide this skill from your superiors, or else you'll be stuck designing RTP unit patches :V :p

Last edited:
So, I tend to occasionally drop off a few pictures to demonstrate how far AI is(n't) from replacing human artists.

There's still some distance to go. I want to be clear on that. The output below was a fluke, and I can't repeat it on demand; it still doesn't reliably do people, let alone specific scenes. But-

1645803367988.png

This one is essentially perfect, regardless. Precisely what I would have asked for, had I thought that doing so would work. It's going to be an illustration for a quest which I won't name. They take about ten minutes each, so flukes are fine; I'll just generate a dozen and pick the best.

It typically takes about a year for AI to go from barely capable to human-level on any specific task. That year was 2021, and there's no reason to think it'll stall here. The issues I describe above already have known solutions, which simply haven't been deployed yet.

It's my biggest wish that this leads to more art, not fewer artists.

Last edited:
Primordial God of Military Logistics
輜重の原神
*looks up translation*
I think if you were aiming for the non-english stuff to match you missed something - 'Logistics Officer' is a bit different to the first title :p
The character also looks remarkably mundane for a deity.

For this piece her development by slayer was pretty funny lmao.

She went from is SV-chan to hey isn't that spider gwen to oh shit it's actually arcueid from tsukhime.

The end result is all three, depending on which angle you're looking at. Truly the world is full of anime blond waifus.

I regularly stop by to demonstrate the best of current AI art, I guess, but… usually, I joke about how it's coming for our jobs.

This isn't much of a joke anymore.

There's still a saving grace: This thing is hard to control. I can ask for pictures on a general theme, but I can't fine-tune them except by repeatedly rolling the dice.

Not much of a grace. I know of in-development systems which fix that.

Last edited:
Back