Mobile Suit Gundam Harpoon [Recruiting]

@Kensai @NephyrisX
So, since this strikes me as a situation that might have a bit of a moral dilemma involved, could Mack drive up and notice what's going on?
I think you could see that there's a lot of Marines gathered around trying to break the prisoners out and could just drive/walk over and strike up a conversation.

@Sushi @Mr. Belpit @Carol

Alright, let's do this. +4 to Pilot, for setting off down the airstrip...

Um. Will a +3 total suffice for everyone involved or does someone want me to cash in one of those invocations of Track Mode?
You would probably want a little bit of a better roll for an ideal outcome. I have some ideas if you get a super high roll also.

To cut the Gordian knot...

Who's got the highest Piloting? We could use the Zaku to carry the whole damn container.

Or try to find another MS that can do the same.

To cut the Gordian knot...

Who's got the highest Piloting? We could use the Zaku to carry the whole damn container.

Or try to find another MS that can do the same.
I didn't think of that initially when I wrote the Zaku having one arm, but that's a pretty solid idea. It does look like the Zaku could fairly easily rip the container from its restraints.

Achilleia has a Piloting of +3 so she could try, and let's see if we can stack some advantages to try and make that happen right.

Okay, cool.

Is there a zaku still looming over the place that could shoot at us? If so, I might want to lay down some coverfire with the Type-61.

We still need to find the high end prototypes right?

... we got another team right? We got a half wrecked Zaku, a container of boffins and a tank... maybe we just go loud...very loud...

I mean Kat does tend to...Shoots first, asks questions later... :D

If there is a Zaku standing guard, do I have a good angle on it's back?
edit: If I open up on it, my stunt Linebacker means it will be harder for that zeek to shoot at anyone else.

Last edited:
Okay, cool.

Is there a zaku still looming over the place that could shoot at us? If so, I might want to lay down some coverfire with the Type-61.
No, you can't directly see the airstrip where the Zaku would be, and it walked out of sight.

Mack would be vaguely aware the airstrip team is trying to get in quietly and opening fire could compromise them.

But you could break into those hangars pretty easily.

Okay, here's a Idea.
Someone gets into the Zaku, everyone else climbs aboard the tank. I drive us over to the hangar, and then when doing whatever we came here to do draws attention to us, our one armed Zaku makes off with the researchers.

Okay, here's a Idea.
Someone gets into the Zaku, everyone else climbs aboard the tank. I drive us over to the hangar, and then when doing whatever we came here to do draws attention to us, our one armed Zaku makes off with the researchers.

Kat: *searches KO'd zekes for grenades*

We still need to find the high end prototypes right?

... we got another team right? We got a half wrecked Zaku, a container of boffins and a tank... maybe we just go loud...very loud...

I mean Kat does tend to...Shoots first, asks questions later... :D
Find them, take them home or blow them up. Either way.

Kat: *searches KO'd zekes for grenades*
If you ask nicely, you might have brought some in your bag. :)

Okay, here's a Idea.
I agree with this plan, but also:
@Sushi

Is it possible to do any last minute repairs on anything that can be quickly fixed (loose wiring, funky OS issues, etc) with whatever stuff is in the depot? I can use a Fate Point for Battlefield Scavenger to minimise chances of the Zaku toppling over us from disrepair or even return it to a semi-functional state.

Last edited:
The gang is moving. I'd like Hoshi to make a Pilot / Drive check for general navigating the airstrip. The others onboard can augment those actions, spotting for targets looming in the dark and such. We'll try to keep this fluid before getting to the next part.
Not the most inspired thing in the world, but Ibrahim will keep an active lookout from where he is in the right-side rear seat.

If you ask nicely, you might have brought some in your bag. :)

.... so uuh GM... do I have any uuh...grenades on me?

out of curiosity you know

Okay, here's a Idea.

I support the shooty plan while someone else runs the Zaku and saves the eggheads

You would probably want a little bit of a better roll for an ideal outcome. I have some ideas if you get a super high roll also.
I'll invoke Switched to Track Mode once for a reroll to try to shake the two 2's.

Total of +4, with those results cancelling one another out. I was juggling taking the +2 instead, but at least it's not worse. I'll write my post to lock it in.
Hoshino Yumemi threw 4 6-faced dice. Reason: Track Mode Invoke #1 Total: 14
5 5 1 1 4 4 4 4

Last edited:
@AlphaD @Kensai
So what do you two think of the whole 'rush to the hangar and create a distraction for the Zaku to escape' idea?

I agree with this plan, but also:
@Sushi

Is it possible to do any last minute repairs on anything that can be quickly fixed (loose wiring, funky OS issues, etc) with whatever stuff is in the depot? I can use a Fate Point for Battlefield Scavenger to minimise chances of the Zaku toppling over us from disrepair or even return it to a semi-functional state.
That's a good idea, it would be a good start to clamber up and inspect it, see if you can get in.

Not the most inspired thing in the world, but Ibrahim will keep an active lookout from where he is in the right-side rear seat.
Go ahead and hit a notice roll!

Okay, looks like Achilleia will take the Zaku and the researchers. Fair enough since it was my idea anyway.

Let's try to stack some CAs and make this happen!

@AlphaD @Kensai
So what do you two think of the whole 'rush to the hangar and create a distraction for the Zaku to escape' idea?

im alive

Also, I'm down with this plan. There is a perfectly functional tank sitting right there and going loud is a viable option. The sooner we can get a suit on our side running and operational, the greater our chances of actually escaping in the confusion as I don't fancy our chances of sticking around for very long.

I'll read the thread and think through about what to do and post thoughts and actions later.

Kat can use the smoke grenades to help provide concealment for the mobile suit as it escapes with the scientists

@NephyrisX @Kensai

I thought it would be better to put this out in OOC before you start writing IC posts, but the cockpit/cabin for the Zaku is locked and doesn't respond to the control panel normally used to access it. With a good enough Engineering roll you can get in.

Since you have a +4 and this is related to repairing as opposed to scavenging, I'm going to say lets leave out your stunt here for Callista and just do a straight +4 roll.

@NephyrisX @Kensai

I thought it would be better to put this out in OOC before you start writing IC posts, but the cockpit/cabin for the Zaku is locked and doesn't respond to the control panel normally used to access it. With a good enough Engineering roll you can get in.

Since you have a +4 and this is related to repairing as opposed to scavenging, I'm going to say lets leave out your stunt here for Callista and just do a straight +4 roll.
Sure, rolling now.

Edit: Total of +3 Engineering.
NephyrisX threw 4 6-faced dice. Reason: +4 Engineering Total: 12
4 4 4 4 1 1 3 3

Back