Mobile Suit Gundam Harpoon [Recruiting]

Alright, let's get this work rolling. Okay Mind, Really Good Ass, +4 via +2 to Engineering and +2 bonus...

+5 total.

Edited because I forgot to check how that Stunt worked, but it comes out to the same number so no foul.
Hoshino Yumemi threw 4 6-faced dice. Reason: PIlot (OMRGA) Total: 15
3 3 5 5 3 3 4 4

Last edited:
Alright, let's get this work rolling. Okay Mind, Really Good Ass, +4 via +2 to Engineering and +2 bonus...

+5 total.

Edited because I forgot to check how that Stunt worked, but it comes out to the same number so no foul.
A standard Federal armored car is a pretty simple machine, with an MFD that allows you to easily modify the performance parameters. You're welcome to add a situational aspect to the armored car of your choice with 2 x Invocations. An example would be "Tuned Suspension" or "Engine Governors Disabled."

@Kensai @DB_Explorer @NephyrisX @AlphaD

Just want to add that for the trucks you can assume you have one "turn" where each person has a standard action before moving on. Which is to say a person could investigate and interact with the cargo of one vehicle OR try to commandeer / take it. Just to keep things fluid, as I know you're all dying to get into the hangars.

Your high notice skill would let you notice it appears to be various types of tubes of different sizes - from your best guess, missiles, ordnance, maybe rocket launchers that you could use.
To piggy off back this, can I use my +4 Engineering to surmise what specifically are these kind of ordnance for?

To piggy off back this, can I use my +4 Engineering to surmise what specifically are these kind of ordnance for?
I think that would be a waste of time honestly, if you took off the tarp and used your turn to inspect them you would ascertain all useful information without need to roll on them. Since tankie's already taken a look you should probably check another vehicle where that roll might come in handy.

I think that would be a waste of time honestly, if you took off the tarp and used your turn to inspect them you would ascertain all useful information without need to roll on them. Since tankie's already taken a look you should probably check another vehicle where that roll might come in handy.
Ok, can I take a look at the truck with the small container? Looks pretty important.

Ok, can I take a look at the truck with the small container? Looks pretty important.
It's not covered up with a tarp so it is fairly easy to look at it with your naked eyes and your night vision goggles. It looks like some kind of storage container, about as tall as a person and roughly half the length of the truck bed. There is a standard door on one side - you could probably get it open with a good engineering roll.

@tankdrop24

Tankie, I forgot that you asked about tarp(s) plural and wanted to make an addition to what I told you earlier:

Truck 1: The tarps are covering what looks like a pair of heavy vehicles.

Truck 2: You think there is some kind of heavy weapon underneath that tarp, with the sheer amount of tarps used to cover it up, and the way it sags down. It seems larger than a tank.

Truck 3: A pile of assorted supplies (the missile launchers I mentioned earlier)

Hope that clarifies stuff, I am sorry for the confusion!

It's not covered up with a tarp so it is fairly easy to look at it with your naked eyes and your night vision goggles. It looks like some kind of storage container, about as tall as a person and roughly half the length of the truck bed. There is a standard door on one side - you could probably get it open with a good engineering roll.
Rolling +4 Engineering.

Edit: Total of +5 to Engineering.
NephyrisX threw 4 6-faced dice. Reason: +4 Engineering Total: 17
4 4 4 4 5 5 4 4

Rolling +4 Engineering.

Edit: Total of +5 to Engineering.
It's a standard Federation high security lock. You ascertain you can blast it with a small amount of plastic explosives from your equipment bag without significantly damaging whatever is on the other side of the door. Hit it IC when you can!

Hmm... I'd like to take a look at those. Should I post IC of Mack getting under the Tarp?
You can, sure.

Heya! I'd be interested in joining and I see the RECRUITING tag, so I just wanted to check--do I just post a character profile?
Hi, I think we have a pretty solid number of people but could probably take one more. You just use the format for character profiles I put in the intro post yup. Just let me know if you have any questions.

Name: Lena van der Meer
Appearance: Short, slender girl with dark hair cropped short so as not to interfere with the helmet of a normal suit. Pale skin and an outward easy smile that she does her best not to let go too much, though the smile never quite reaches her eyes. Keeps herself well-groomed, but often sloppy in her uniform's appearance and military bearing.

Role: Experienced combat pilot/Old hand
Birthplace: Side 5
Experience: Several hundred hours in civilian spacecraft prior to the war, then several months of training as a transport pilot during her pre-war service in the EFF. ~Six weeks as a combat pilot, starting in January, 079. Has flown in the FF-4 Toriares and the RB-79 Ball before transferring to the RGM-79 GM mobile suit.

Aspects:
(High Concept): Spacenoid Veteran - Having been a pilot practically for the entirety of the One Year War, she has plenty of notches in her gunbelt.
(Trouble): Suspect Loyalties - Being a Spacenoid and having been percieved as having Zeon sympathies, she faces rumors and gossip painting her as a potential traitor to the Federation cause.
A Child of the Stars - Born and raised in one of the colonies at Side 5, Lena is a child of space and considers the future of humanity to be in the stars.
I'm Still Human, Damn It! - Cleared leather to point a weapon at one of her own to stop an attack on a defenseless enemy, which she considered beyond the pale. Refused a direct order to keep shooting.
Somebody Else's Problem Now - The Federation still needs all the pilots it can get. In spite of her unreliability in command, she's been a proven pilot. She's been shuffled off to STS-7 where all she can do is pilot test craft and where a closer eye can be kept on here, far from the front lines. Supposedly.

Refresh: 3
Fate Points: 3
Physical: [ ] [ ] [ ]
Morale: [ ] [ ] [ ]
Consequences:

Personality & Bio:

Born in one of the colonies at Side 5, Lena is a child of space--she has never set foot on the surface of the Earth and only ever known the inside of the great colonies as her world. She grew up in relative comfort, the child of middle-class professionals who had dreams of going into civilian spacecraft when she left university. She graduated from university in 077 UC and hoping to make a good first step in her career, joined the Earth Federation Space Forces. She first trained as a transport pilot and seemed set to have a solid, if boring, four-year stint flying shuttle craft and cargo transports to prepare for an entry into the civilian workforce. 078 UC was a quiet year, after all.

Everything changed, of course, with the outbreak of the One Year War. Thrown into combat as the dsperate need for pilot sof any kind grew, she participated in the One Week Battle and the Battle of Loum with distinction.

During the battle her home colony was destroyed during the heavy fighting that gave Side 5 its new title of the shoal zone--a space littered with space debris that menaced any attempt at navigation or transit.

Having risen to higher rank during her previous service, she had all the appearances of a young woman being propelled to higher command by the necessities of war. She had made lieutenant-commander and was considered to have a shot at higher command for a time following a string of victories and shoot-downs against Zeon pilots. Unfortunately she was been demoted following incidents that arose when her Spacenoid ancestry and her refusal to open fire on a Zeke vessel combined to make her unpopular with her superior officers. She has been demoted and shuffled off to other postings by superiors who don't want to court martial a good pilot, but also want to keep a politically suspect soldier from making things messy for them in case things go badly.

Before the war, Lena was a bright, cheery person who was always ready to tell a joke or join in a good laugh. As the war has gone on and she's lost her old comrades, her home, and her family, Lena has become more and more withdrawn and distant from others. She tends to come off as cold or indifferent, though this is only a defense mechanism. She is still a deeply emphatic person who desperately yearns for a time that the war will come to an end and wants nothing more than to relate to others. Unfortunately, the risk of losing those she cares for has become so great that she would rather cut herself off from them via imposed distance rather than deal with the pain of growing attached and losing someone. Behind her facade of cool indifference and easygoing lack of care is a traumatized young woman who just wants badly to connect with someone again, but is too frightened to do so.

Skills:
+4 Pilot
+3 Agility Rapport
+2 Empathy Notice Will
+1 Shoot Tactics Physique Fight

Stunts:
Negotiator: +2 to Rapport when you try to broker an end to an armed conflict.
Jink: You have a sixth sense for when to adjust your heading and avoid enemy fire while piloting a vehicle. While piloting a vehicle, add +2 to your roll to defend against a ranged attack with Agility.
Mobile Suit Ace: While piloting a mobile suit, you may use Pilot to roll for ranged attacks instead of Shoot.

What experience or strength do you bring to the test team?
A: An expert pilot with extensive actual combat experience.

What is your main goal as part of the team?
A: Make it through the war in one piece without sullying what's left of her soul.

What is your biggest weakness?
A: She's tired. So tired. Really, Lena wants the war to be over so she can go back to being a civilian and she's grown disillusioned with military life, so her response to military discipline and authority has become lax in the wake of her reassignment.

What Unit Type do you want?
A: General Purpose

Additional equipment requests:
A:

Wasn't quite sure what would qualify for additional equipment so left it blank; I assume standard weaponry for the suit is included but I'd need to ask for something special like a beam rifle or a hyper bazooka?

Last edited:
Name: Lena van der Meer
Appearance: Short, slender girl with dark hair cropped short so as not to interfere with the helmet of a normal suit. Pale skin and an outward easy smile that she does her best not to let go too much, though the smile never quite reaches her eyes. Keeps herself well-groomed, but often sloppy in her uniform's appearance and military bearing.

Role: Experienced combat pilot/Old hand
Birthplace: Side 5
Experience: Several hundred hours in civilian spacecraft prior to the war. Several months as a combat pilot, starting in February, 079. Has flown in the FF-4 Toriares and the RB-79 Ball before transferring to the RGM-79 GM mobile suit.

Aspects:
(High Concept): Spacian Veteran - Having been a pilot practically for the entirety of the One Year War, she has plenty of notches in her gunbelt.
(Trouble): Suspect Loyalties - Being a Spacian and having been percieved as having Zeon sympathies, she faces rumors and gossip painting her as a potential traitor to the Federation cause.
A Child of the Stars - Born and raised in one of the colonies at Side 5, Lena is a child of space and considers the future of humanity to be in the stars.
I'm Still Human, Damn It! - Cleared leather to point a weapon at one of her own to stop an attack on a defenseless enemy, which she considered beyond the pale. Refused a direct order to keep shooting.
Somebody Else's Problem Now - The Federation still needs all the pilots it can get. In spite of her unreliability in command, she's been a proven pilot. She's been shuffled off to STS-7 where all she can do is pilot test craft and where a closer eye can be kept on here, far from the front lines. Supposedly.

Refresh: 3
Fate Points: 3
Physical: [ ] [ ] [ ]
Morale: [ ] [ ] [ ]
Consequences:

Personality & Bio:

Born in one of the colonies at Side 5, Lena is a child of space--she has never set foot on the surface of the Earth and only ever known the inside of the great colonies as her world. She grew up in relative comfort, the child of middle-class professionals who had dreams of going into civilian spacecraft when she left university. It all changed, of course, with the outbreak of the One Year War. At first, she thought she might stay out of it, unwilling to volunteer for either side. The One Week Battle and the sheer devestation that followed put her on edge, but it was the Battle of Loum that drove her into the arms of the Federation.

During the battle, she was evacuated from her home colony, which was destroyed during the heavy fighting that gave Side 5 its new title of the shoal zone--a space littered with space debris that menaced any attempt at navigation or transit.

Almost before the battle was over, Lena volunteered to be a pilot with the Federation. Already having had some experience with civilian craft, she managed to get through the crash combat pilot course and threw herself into the fight for peace. She's served as a pilot and even risen to higher rank during her previous service. At one point, she held the rank of Lieutenant-Commander and was considered to be on the rise in the Earth Federation Space Forces. Unfortunately she was been demoted following incidents that arose when her Spacian ancestry and her refusal to open fire on a Zeke vessel combined to make her unpopular with her superior officers. She has been demoted and shuffled off to other postings by superiors who don't want to court martial a good pilot, but also want to keep a politically suspect soldier from making things messy for them in case things go badly.

Before the war, Lena was a bright, cheery person who was always ready to tell a joke or join in a good laugh. As the war has gone on and she's lost her old comrades, her home, and her family, Lena has become more and more withdrawn and distant from others. She tends to come off as cold or indifferent, though this is only a defense mechanism. She is still a deeply emphatic person who desperately yearns for a time that the war will come to an end and wants nothing more than to relate to others. Unfortunately, the risk of losing those she cares for has become so great that she would rather cut herself off from them via imposed distance rather than deal with the pain of growing attached and losing someone. Behind her facade of cool indifference and easygoing lack of care is a traumatized young woman who just wants badly to connect with someone again, but is too frightened to do so.

Skills:
+4 Pilot
+3 Agility Rapport
+2 Empathy Notice Will
+1 Shoot Tactics Physique Fight

Stunts:
Negotiator: +2 to Rapport when you try to broker an end to an armed conflict.
Jink: You have a sixth sense for when to adjust your heading and avoid enemy fire while piloting a vehicle. While piloting a vehicle, add +2 to your roll to defend against a ranged attack with Agility.
Mobile Suit Ace: While piloting a mobile suit, you may use Pilot to roll for ranged attacks instead of Shoot.

Wasn't quite sure what would qualify for additional equipment so left it blank; I assume standard weaponry for the suit is included but I'd need to ask for something special like a beam rifle or a hyper bazooka?
Read it over once or twice and it looks pretty solid, general vibe I'm getting is someone who looks externally a lot like the other stone cold pilots on the cast but has a lot of human anxiety just under the surface. I'll try to add you when we get to a stopping point in this first scenario.

As far as equipment requests that's more or less what I mean yeah, if you had any preferences in the type of gear you got.

Other small thing, not really an issue with the app, but this game is set, at the moment, in March so stuff like GMs haven't been invented yet and generally everyone's only had a month or two of combat experience.

Read it over once or twice and it looks pretty solid, general vibe I'm getting is someone who looks externally a lot like the other stone cold pilots on the cast but has a lot of human anxiety just under the surface. I'll try to add you when we get to a stopping point in this first scenario.

As far as equipment requests that's more or less what I mean yeah, if you had any preferences in the type of gear you got.

Other small thing, not really an issue with the app, but this game is set, at the moment, in March so stuff like GMs haven't been invented yet and generally everyone's only had a month or two of combat experience.

Understood! I can tweak the backstory a bit to make it fit better.

"Spacian" is also terminology from the new series, while "Spacenoid" is standard for this timeline 👾

Hi all, just letting you know that I'll be out from tomorrow to Wednesday/Thursday this coming week. I might have time for some last replies today, but after that I'll be gone for the weekend.

I am back and looking to update stuff. Long story short; con was fun but I got really sick.

Still sick. Working on it though.

@Kensai @DB_Explorer @tankdrop24 @NephyrisX @AlphaD

So situation is as follows:

The fourth truck had an armored container for prisoners, and is currently carrying around twenty Fed researchers who were involved in mobile weapon development. They're in high security restraints and it doesn't look like they can be cut free in reasonable time. You could try to take the truck, or remove the container somehow, if you wish to bring them along.

Mack has searched the first truck and started up a Type 61 tank loaded up with ammunition.

Finally, the second truck contained a Zaku II with significant battle damage, missing its left arm.

I'd like to keep things fluid and moving forward toward the hangar here, any final decisions / actions from the players?

@Mr. Belpit @Hoshino Yumemi @Carol

The gang is moving. I'd like Hoshi to make a Pilot / Drive check for general navigating the airstrip. The others onboard can augment those actions, spotting for targets looming in the dark and such. We'll try to keep this fluid before getting to the next part.

@Kensai @NephyrisX
So, since this strikes me as a situation that might have a bit of a moral dilemma involved, could Mack drive up and notice what's going on?

@Sushi @Mr. Belpit @Carol

Alright, let's do this. +4 to Pilot, for setting off down the airstrip...

Um. Will a +3 total suffice for everyone involved or does someone want me to cash in one of those invocations of Track Mode?
Hoshino Yumemi threw 4 6-faced dice. Reason: Armored Car Handling Total: 14
2 2 4 4 6 6 2 2

Last edited:
Back