LANCER - The Mecha RPG - Now in Pre-Release, Version 1.8.1

I'm partial to Danger Zone technothumb Goblin, since enemies are taking a big risk trying to tech attack a gobo to exploit your heat.

We all know that the superior way to play Goblin is with a Chomolungma :p
I'm kinda avoiding the Chomo so I don't end up permanently spoiled and unable to try out the Minotaur.

Poor Mino, your niches are so narrow.

Last edited:
Still, two methods to stun. The, with manticore license, two more.
I really like the minotaur's vibes.

Metafold Maze's action economy is kinda not great, unless you are using Logic Bomb -> Immobilize on a group of enemies who foolishly clustered.

I don't think any quick techs (or for that matter, any techs) deal immobilize, so if you want to get that stun off in 1 round, your only means is to dip Goblin 1 for HorOS 1 and Puppet Systems an enemy into a Mesmer Mine or threat 3 of someone[1] with a nailgun and hope they get hit and fail the save. [1] Probably yourself, if you have the LLs.

You could slow -> immobilize with MM on round 1 and then use a different tech attack to proc MM and stun on round 2 but that's a lot of action economy and doesn't work on Ultras because of Juggernaut.

Meanwhile the Manticore can just Smite and do a stun on a single quick action.

Mino is great for stopping enemies from moving generally, but if you just want Stun, specifically, Mino is not the best option.

The second printing of the Lancer core book is available now, for anyone who hadn't gotten a physical copy and wanted one.

I have a core book ordered through my local game store. And I don't know if I am getting the new cover or the original.

Back