Created at
Index progress
Ongoing
Watchers
Recent readers

Prologue - (Fuuka)

People change. People change all the time. The man you knew a month ago...
Prologue - (Fuuka)

shadenight123

Ten books I have published. More await!
Prologue - (Fuuka)

People change. People change all the time. The man you knew a month ago might, in the month that follows, become a completely different person. When the laws of time and space are slippery as lube and as easy to twist as the act of twitching your fingertips, then it might not be that difficult to see how it all began, how it continued, and how it ended. From great power comes great responsibility, but that's only if you're limited to a single world and trapped in a single dimension.

Which isn't really my case, but still, the first rule should always be something like a medic's one. Before all else, do no harm. It's easier said than done when you come across a dimension where Harry Potter is the Dark Lord, and Lord Voldemort's the good guy, or you stare into the eyes of a raving mad lunatic who is using his powers to get himself a kingdom on a world filled with humanoid monsters scantily clad.

Most of the time, I merely walk through and leave them to their own devices. I'm a stranger, so who am I to decide what is right and what is wrong? If a world venerates the god of murder and brutality, why should I make them change their religion? If someone's idea of a happy holiday is to bath in the blood of his enemies, why should I stop him? Why should I concern myself with things that aren't worth it?

When you see half a dozen of different yet eerily similar Harry Dresdens doing five dozens variation of the same thing, you stop worrying about the lonely one that actually crosses your path.

Eternal youth and traveling is all fun and games, until you grow bored of it. You then wait a few hundred years sitting tight in a world that is pleasant enough to ignore most of what is going on in the background, and then after you grow bored of a sedentary lifestyle, you resume your travelling. You make friends, you watch them die, you fall in love, you watch them die, you move on because it's not the first time that it happens, and raging won't bring them back. Even if it does bring them back, even if you do have powers of life and death over them, why would you condemn them to living a new life away from the others? Do you bring everyone back to life?

Do you halt Death on a world scale just to satisfy your egoistic needs? And then what? Do you halt Births too, because otherwise the planet overpopulates?

People come and go, but Planeswalkers travel.

Phyrexia is a realm best left undiscovered. Innstrad is a place no one sane of his mind would you bother. Countless others might be fine, but why risk it? Why risk going to places where rather than being a God on earth, you're just one of the many hundreds others? Why risk annihilation, or worse, when you can just as easily spend your eternity on a sandy beach somewhere in a world where magic doesn't exist?

One day though, even the sand of the beach grows boring to feel under one's feet.

Yet a quick jump away, and the beach's sand is blue, the sun is green, the water is caustic acid and there's purple-skinned aliens screaming at the top of their lungs because a pink-skinned alien just materialized in front of them.

It's...well, interesting. Sometimes, one even grows used to being treated like something different, just to break the monotony of being just a face in the crowd. Some make themselves Gods, get venerated, form cults and then, when it's all done with and everything seems to be going fine, splinter factions rise and the world baths in the blood of the innocents.

Other times, multi-planetary theologies survive and grow stronger and peaceful in their faith, spreading throughout the countless expanses of the galaxy until you decide to leave them alone for a while.

You return two centuries later, and everything's on fire and there are concentration camps spread throughout worlds, or you find yourself giving heart attacks to people who gaze upon you and are overcome with emotions.

There aren't just bad things, of course. Good things happen too, peace is brokered, enemy nations stop fighting each others, problems are solved and much more, but where there is good there is bad and yadda yadda, you can't control everything and everyone.

So you just shrug and let it go.

Ugin the Spirit Dragon might have something to say about it, but that's because he's limited in his views to what he wishes to seek out. Perhaps Nihilism truly is the answer to an eternity of travel, and in order to avoid it, Planeswalker keep their sanity by fighting each others, protecting their worlds, letting their battles wage across the Multiverse that is boundless and infinite, and yet should have finite content? Ah, that's a contradiction, a big one at it too, but who am I to argue against someone capable of facing Nicol Bolas by himself, and perhaps even win against him?

No, let us not ponder on them any longer, for they're meaningless to me. Never enter a fight you can't win, never step into a world where someone might win against you, just...just travel, and find new, exotic sights that you've never seen before. Leave behind the known for the unknown, watch non-Euclid geometry come to life as you drink tea with Cthulhu while pondering on the mysteries of Azatoth's blasphemies.

Honestly, if I had to pin the blame on the events that came soon after in rapid succession, then there was but one person that needed to bow his head and beg forgiveness.

Myself and my big mouth.

"So," I muttered as I looked at the girl that had pulverized the truck away from her body with a blast of raw energy, melting most of the vehicle in the process, and probably killing the driver without fault, as well as the turning the street into molten slag, killing countless hundreds and shattering the windows of the skyscrapers nearby as their steel frames melted and creaked, "Congratulations, Miss," I inclined my head to the side. "You're a Planeswalker now." A nearby skyscraper took that as the cue to bend and fall down to the side, shattering against another building as the sound of sirens began to blare, mixed with the far-away screams that the wind carried towards us.

The short-haired blue-eyed girl looked at me as if lost in a trance, her eyes so wide she looked like a puffing fish, her hair of the same color as her eyes and perhaps even the sky. Considering the amount of molten stuff around us, the death and the devastation, I reckoned that the blue color of her hair wasn't going to last for much longer.

Most aptly, she proceeded to run away as fast as her legs could carry her on the molten asphalt, not even bothering to wonder how she could so flawlessly run away from the mess she had caused. I watched her go, not bothering to try to stop her. I could feel her Spark bud and spread, the energy of it simmering through the air as twitches and whispers echoed across my mind.

"You be quiet," I grumbled as I glanced to the walls and the streets nearby. There were probably no survivors that had seen the explosion's point of origin, but a busy intersection like this one must have held cameras without a doubt.

The girl's time in this dimension, unless she changed her whole appearance, would be dramatically brief.

It doesn't concern us.

The nagging voice in the back of my head was flawlessly right. I knew it was, I knew that it was going to be an annoyingly long process if I actually went through with it, but at the same time, it was something new.

So I made a mistake, a really big mistake.

I decided to follow her.

AN:

We're going on yet another merry adventure ladies and gentlemen.

We'll be visiting a *lot* of places, usually those that are left to their own devices. Also, I'm going to try for a more sedated style. Let's see how it works out~

Last edited:
I'm excited! No clue where we're starting though. Only getting one result for blue hair & the name Fuuka and I don't know jack about Persona.

Last edited:
You make friends, you watch them die, you fall in love, you watch them die, you move on because it's not the first time that it happens, and raging won't bring them back. Even if it does bring them back, even if you do have powers of life and death over them,
Necromancy! They won't die and they can't complain if you don't what them to!
:V
letting their battles wage across the Multiverse that is boundless and infinite, and yet should have finite content?
Strictly speaking, the only infinite thing is the Blind Eternity itself and the Planes are each an exception to the rules.
That's why they're all different with their own law of physics and the (canon) Walkers never end up in an AU of a plane. :V

It doesn't concern us.

The nagging voice in the back of my head was flawlessly right. I knew it was, I knew that it was going to be an annoyingly long process if I actually went through with it, but at the same time, it was something new.
Planewalkers drama! The only thing that concern them are the ones that they decide concern them.
:V
Only getting one result for blue hair
Eyes, not hair

So I guess you're gonna be her teacher. Welp you will have to clean up her messed. Btw there is the manga "fuuka".

Last edited:
A new shade multicross. Yay...
You still haven't finished Mook Quest yet...
Meh, this seems interesting enough, Maybe i'll finally get to read a Shade fic without catching up before you upload the final chapter literally a day later.
I'm looking at you "fate stay write go" And "Noblesse oblige"

I disagree so harshly and violently with almost everything this guy ever said, It's quite astonishing.

Reading, but hoping for things to go wrong. Ahahahaha...

Guess I'll take the same approach and simply follow wherever Shade leads us.

Always fun to see characters having existential breakdowns.

I clicked on the alert when I saw MTG, prepared to be disappointed. Then I saw the author, and I instantly clicked the watch button.:)

By the way, I'm guessing this is the blue haired girl?

Well, considering the threadmark and the fact that the girls name is the manga's name.

"So," I muttered as I looked at the girl that had pulverized the truck away from her body with a blast of raw energy, melting most of the vehicle in the process, and probably killing the driver without fault, as well as the turning the street into molten slag, killing countless hundreds and shattering the windows of the skyscrapers nearby as their steel frames melted and creaked, "Congratulations, Miss," I inclined my head to the side. "You're a Planeswalker now." A nearby skyscraper took that as the cue to bend and fall down to the side, shattering against another building as the sound of sirens began to blare, mixed with the far-away screams that the wind carried towards us.
So, from 0 to 'everything's on fire' already? Or does it not count because everything is melted and shattered instead? :p

so Shade has been a Planeswalker for a fuck ton of time now and is just wandering around? Cool, subscribed

Edit: if you're immortal what age do you keep yourself at. Personally I would go with 25-29. Just a little bit after the body is generally fully grown.

Last edited:
Chapter One (Shokugeki no Soma)
Chapter One (Shokugeki no Soma)

The delicious smell of boar waffled its way through my nostrils as I exhaled, letting the pleasant smell water my mouth. Takumi Aldini's father must have been an excellent chef, judging by the pleased expressions of everyone seated inside the Trattoria. I patiently waited for my order while sipping water from the bottle. A Planeswalker didn't need to eat and drink, but it didn't mean that food would all taste the same.

Hunger was a thing of the past, but good food? Good food was always good food.

Tagliatelle alla Cacciatora was the current Trattoria's First Course. The main difference between a restaurant and a Trattoria was that the menu was whatever the cook decided, and you just had to suck it up and eat it. Since it was done by more down to earth people, there wasn't a strict portion-level, and you could luckily end up with enough food to feed a whole family in your plate, or enough to feed a tiny bird.

The wine-braised boar meat was coming soon after as the main dish, served with Chianti Wine inside wicker wine bottles, and beans in tomato sauce as a side dish. The dessert was a chestnut cake, with chocolate syrup poured generously upon it.

"Here you go," the waitress was an old matron, with wrinkles on her face and salt and pepper long hair that ended in a ponytail behind her back. She had the stocky build of grandmothers, and as she smiled warmly, I grinned back.

"Thank you," I said with a smile of my own.

"Think nothing of it," she replied just as quickly before moving to serve the other customers. Being polite to waiters and waitresses was how you avoided spit in your food, and thanking the chefs and being regulars was how you earned yourself bigger portions. Admittedly, whenever I wanted to eat something good, I usually ended up going into a dimension where cooking was important, just to taste the deliciousness of food too good to be true.

My eyes widened as the first mouthful of pasta entered my mouth with the deliciousness of a thundering boar stampede, and as my eyes watered from the sheer nostalgia of handmade pasta, I swallowed and kept on eating until the plate was so clean I could see my reflection into it. The arrival of the wine-braised boar was accompanied with a chorus of awing from those who were served it first, and the moans of pleasure from the tender meat and the delicious sauce that I scooped up with the freshly baked bread.

By the time I was done, I rested my back against the chair and sighed in bliss, awaiting the dessert.

The chestnut cake arrived with sprinkled sugar atop it, and as I licked my lips and twitched my fingers in anticipation, two hot slices were left by my table. I ate them with a bit of whipper cream on the side, and felt myself like Oberon, running naked in the forest of chestnut oaks. Though the pleasant feeling that burst into my stomach made it all worthwhile, I was soon brought away from that glade of fae-like desires by the gentle querying of coffee from the kind old matron, which I accepted without fault.

The coffee was delicious too, the finest grains poured into a most delicious espresso, and after that, the Ammazzacaffé came next, a Limoncello liquor that hit the spot with the gentleness and firmness that would have cleared the heaviest of stomachs.

I exhaled in bliss, at peace with myself as I stood up and moved to pay, money a trifling thing as I left a good tip for the waitress, and grinned as I pocketed the receipt. Honestly, whereas perhaps Toriko might have more exotic and tasty culinary wonders, it was slightly more complicated to get to taste those delights.

The line of people waiting to be served outside the Trattoria moved up by a few numbers, as people left satisfied and hungry ones instead rushed in. One couldn't get a table reserved for them, one had to do the line, and if they were lucky, they'd get to eat before the kitchen closed. It was the way of Italy, of its Trattorie, and it suited me just fine since I could simply plop myself into whatever spot in line I decided was worthy, without having the rest bothered by my sudden appearance.

I was a quick eater anyway, and didn't dally in chatting.

I felt the Spark before I even saw the figure appear. There was a soft thud, a hiss of fire and steam, and a figure belatedly materialized out of thin air to land face first on the ground by my side. The street wasn't deserted, but as nobody seemed to bother about the human, I simply outstretched a hand to recall the creature that was coiled around her petite frame. The young woman carefully stood up, her arms embracing herself as she shivered and hiccuped, tears rolling down her cheeks copiously.

The people kept ignoring us, and began to move around, as if we had suddenly become invisible to them -and we were, in fact, utterly invisible to them. "He died?" I asked.

She nodded, her teeth biting down on her lips. "Did you have children?" I asked next, and she nodded again, her entire frame shuddering. "They died too?" she closed her eyes, the tears rolling out of the corner of her eyes an answer enough.

Sparks weren't something you could just gift, or could be transmitted through genetics. I extended a hand in her direction. "Then, Fuuka Akitsuki, what do you want to do now?"

"Bring them back," she whispered. "Please bring them back."

I raised an eyebrow, and closed my offered hand, bringing it behind my back. "I could do that," I acquiesced. "But we would once more stand at this crossroad, perhaps eighty, or ninety years from now. You asked to be left alone, and I did so," I extended my hand and gingerly began to rub the tiny slithering creature that rested upon my other arm, brought in front of my chest once more. The creature's sleek appearance was midway between inky darkness and normal, dark brownish skin. "You could go experiment on your powers, travel the whole Multiverse and see Supernovas be born, witness suns expand, the hearts of volcanoes erupt-"

"I want Yuu," she said, wiping her tears away with the back of her hand. "I-I made so many mistakes, I forgot an anniversary once, bought the wrong size of clothes-I-" she was trembling vividly, her fingers moving to grasp my elbows. "J-Just please bring them back!"

I took a deep breath, and then calmly freed myself from her grip. "If you want them, just go get them. Close your eyes and jump, go to where they are, but one day, you'll regret it. You're still young." I sighed, shaking my head. "But they won't be yours," I continued. "They will be those of another Fuuka, who will cry just as you are doing right now," I let the creature in my arms disappear in my shadow. "What you need is something good to drink, and some quiet time." I extended my hand again. "Come on, I know of a place that makes a really divine coffee."

She turned her back to me, and disappeared.

I blinked once, and then took a deep breath. This time, I wasn't going to follow her. She'd come around. By the fifth time she stole the place that belonged to another Fuuka, she would realize just how much of a folly it was to continuously hurt oneself in such ways. If not the fifth, then the tenth, or perhaps the one hundredth. Perhaps when the child born would not be the same as the one before, or perhaps when a slight difference would lead down a different path, then she would understand.

I was tempted to just leave her to herself, but if the burst of power of her awakening was of any indication, leaving her alone would mean seeing a world charred to death.

It really is none of your business. The voice of wisdom inside my head spoke quite clearly and wisely. I knew the voice was right. At the same time, I couldn't just leave her be.

If push came to shove, I could perhaps forcefully relocate her into a lifeless plane to let her get her kicks out of her system.

Or just make her sleep for a few days, and wake her up in a completely foreign plane with no possibility of returning home.

Yet...it really wasn't my problem, or my business. If she wanted to rage against the injustice of the circle of life, she was free to burn to cinders and crispy bacon every single living being of her hometown, her nation and perhaps even her world. It didn't concern me.

It shouldn't concern me.

I jumped all the same.

Last edited:
So, this will focus on the topics of immortality and the consequences of cosmic power?

And you're still a softy Shade, no matter how much you lie to yourself.

Back