Granblue Fantasy General

Zaru

Beyond Prophecy
So yeah, I noticed this doesn't have a thread so... here we go.

I just started the game today. Seems pretty neat so far and on my first ten roll I got Annie who has clearly grown up.

Also feel free to discuss the upcoming Anime series coming soon as well.

So Uhhhh... since I just started and all... Anyone got any /faq/s or beginners guides? I'm still trying to make my way around it. I am a veteran FGO player so any hints that draw similarities can help.

Anime series? I hope they either don't use or make both of the protagonists canon then, because I like my blonde Lancer, thank you very much.
Also, are you playing in english? And in your browser? Because I found that doing so is a lot more practical for me... Uh, the browser part, that is.

For beginner's guide, you can try using this Ultimate Guide from Granblue Fantasy English forum. The "How to Play" has some other guides that you can check as well, such as job guides, guild wars, blah blah blah.

Also because of summer, you noticed that your daily log in reward (or in Zaru's case, that daily reward that will give you a sword at the end) also gives you 120 crystals. That's because of the Summer event thing. And during this (up till what, 31st august, iirc?), you got a free single pull gacha (which going to cost 300 per pull) each day.

One thing for sure (some of my friends had said this to me, and some other guides not from the proboards above), Go get the Dark Fencer, which is tier 3 job first before moving to a class you liked. It helps in the long run. (Not that i am forcing you to get DF first, you can just get what you wanted first, but some people will suggest to get DF first)

'Hello, my name is Cygames and I am VERY EXTREMELY RICH.'

I am just straight up astonished how many hits this company has on its roster.

So I just found out that the anime is being made by A-1 Pictures. All my hopes for it being good and having the female MC are now down the drain. Yay!

And yeah, Cygames is rather amazingly rich, isn't it?

I have friends who play it, I have to say most of the girls tend to lean into the "Oppai Loli" category.

Oh ho?

Like Hestia the Bestia?

Also these free quests never end

They are really kind to F2Pers...

That's because they raised the ratings, otherwise they would get in trouble with the law. Seriously.

That's because they raised the ratings, otherwise they would get in trouble with the law. Seriously.

Did they actually raise the rates? I thought they just implemented that system where you can just pick whatever you want out of the pool after you've rolled enough times, but since the scandal was before I started playing, I don't actually know much about what happened.

>spend $30 dollars for mobage coins
>go through hoops to set up my account trying to read moon
>get ready to ge tthat beginners draw and swimsuits, cost 3000 coins
>I only have 2910

Aaaaand I already hate this game.

Did they actually raise the rates? I thought they just implemented that system where you can just pick whatever you want out of the pool after you've rolled enough times, but since the scandal was before I started playing, I don't actually know much about what happened.
Mm, now that I think about it I'm not entirely sure. Gotta look that up.

But yeah, I also began after the whole scandal happened, so...

Apparently there's also an official english patch for the game and you can play it as a chrome app, so I might do that when I go home.

I gave the latest collaboration a shot. I guess it's a good thing that it will be running for a while because the lag was the biggest obstacle by far. Just one error message after another for more than ten minutes. Ugh.

You can play it fully in browser and in English, as long as you can follow a guide well enough to register in the first place through the Japanese site. That's what I do on my phone.

I'm surprisingly fond of the game, really. It changes enough of the formula from what I'm used to to make it feel fresh without changing so much I'm lost, the writing is entertaining enough, and the combat mechanics are fun.

And I really love the art style and character designs.

Last edited:
One month in, reasonable progression at rank 75, can't complain too much. Legfest was useless, though. Carmelina, really?

Party: Feena, Anchira, Korwa | Sutera, Elta

Grid:
6x 0* Tiamat Bolt Omega @ SL10
MLB Qianlong Spear @ SL10
MLB Four-Sky Blade [Wind] @ SL 10
MLB Bahamut Dagger @ SL 1

WTB Petra + Siete for status: team complete.

Last edited:
Back