General Video Gaming Recs and Discussion

DF has far more depth in terms of interactivity between Dwarves etc. and their environment, but Rimworld (esp. modded) has an order of magnitude more discrete systems to play with at this point. I'd say that Rimworld is much broader overall in terms of possible playstyles, but less deep overall in terms of how far you can take those playstyles. Modding takes both games to new heights, but Rimworld is much more approachable for newcomers, so the modding community is simply much larger, even if the DF modding scene is filled with very dedicated modders.

I've been playing some Quake Champions recently and I have to say, despite how relatively dead it is, it's a lot of fun. Also the visuals in the game are incredible - just check out the Church of Azathoth!

With Steam's FPS Fest I was really hoping Halo Infinite's campaign would go on sale. But no, it's still absurdly expensive on Steam.

Ghostwire: Tokyo is fifty percent off. Well, supposedly. In practice, the owners doubled the base price, then applied a fifty percent discount, which really means that you're paying just as much anyway. Pretty scummy.

Ghostwire: Tokyo is fifty percent off. Well, supposedly. In practice, the owners doubled the base price, then applied a fifty percent discount, which really means that you're paying just as much anyway. Pretty scummy.
Bit of a weird decision given that not long ago it was 75% off for real.

While I've brought up that link I will note that https://steamdb.info/ allows you to quickly check things like:

1: Is the game selling at an actual matching or new historic low or not.
2: Quickly sift through large sales, and find out when sales end or when next sale begins.
3: Check whether there's enough of a playerbase to have a chance for matchmaking, as well as quick tabular comparison of ratings.
4: If you hook it up with your steam account, be able to check your wishlist specifically for it, or have steam itself show the SteamDB lowest historic price figure.

Makes navigating Steam sales a lot easier.

Last edited:

Shame laws don't apply to them, because that sort of practice is illegal in many places.

It's actually weirder than that, because while Steam DB claims there's a discount on it, there is in fact no discount, it's still selling for its normal base price. The discount is for buying it bundled with Deathloop, with a 50% discount on that bundle.

It's actually weirder than that, because while Steam DB claims there's a discount on it, there is in fact no discount, it's still selling for its normal base price. The discount is for buying it bundled with Deathloop, with a 50% discount on that bundle.
"Buy Ghostwire: Tokyo and get Deathloop for free!"-is effectively what that price is.
edit: Although, Deathloop on it's own is on an 80% sale...

Last edited:
Back