so or this route is over then or, Scherezade will pull something from her non existent pockets (unless her cleavage counts XD)

Gilgamesh collects people now? That's kind of...

"Hey, Hey, Hey, don't look in my Gates of Babylon!"

...creepy.

Hmm guys this is just me spitballing but if Shade exists in the actual world of fate extra can he help make the world livelier

Too bad the timescale wouldn't allow a surprise reveal that Gudako is actually Shade's daughter, unless adopted.

Come to think of it, adopted by Shade would work just as fine for a surprise reveal backstory for Gudako. Especially if she picks up his mannerisms and quotes like, "Better prepared and murderous, than unprepared and murdered!"

At this point anything can happen
Heck if that fucking trolling bloodsucker or "Her" (no it no "HER" she only exist in shade story) appear I would no be surprised at this point of the story

Chapter Thirty-One - 1.0.0.1 Nights

The flowery trees moved to an unseen breeze. They were vaporized first. The underwater-like coliseum shattered into countless shards of digital stone, thrumming Noble Phantasms in various shapes cracking the very foundations of the arena as I did my best to slither through them. Enkidu's chains clinked a second before striking, my body dodging through the very hoops and chains it was formed out of; it was a game of cat and mouse in which the mouse couldn't make a single mistake, less he be torn asunder.

If I slowed down, I'd be hit. If I didn't, Ea would swing regardless of it all. I had to near, but at the same time I couldn't. The closer I got, the less time I had to dodge the Noble Phantasms.

"I speak of Genesis..." Gilgamesh pulled her blade back, the grinding of the sections of the blade increasing into a cacophony that couldn't be described. The thundering of Noble Phantasms stopped briefly. It was a lull in combat that meant nothing. The attack itself would cleanse the world. There was no place one could hide from it, no cover too thick, no shield too strong; it was my Achilles' heel, for I had died to it. I would die to it. It was snapped into my soul, crafted into my existence, burned into my very core being.

"The elements amalgamate, coalesce, and bring forth the stars that weave all of creation."

I was a creature destined to die to it. I could rage, I could foam, I could devour existence, but to that single blade I would fall. The world didn't need to do anything. It was simply my destiny. Yet, even so, I would fight against it. I had survived Excalibur's blast, but I wouldn't be able to survive Ea's one. Even a swing from that blade would prove to be anathema to the likes of me.

It couldn't be devoured. The concept of what life was before life itself was born; of a hell crafted of the birthing pains of a planet, of an eternity that couldn't be destroyed, couldn't be stopped, couldn't be...stemmed. It was a tide which knew no end. The only way to counter it was to deny its existence. It was to unlock some form of shifting, of dimensional alteration, some kind of...of Reality Marble.

My magical circuits began to burn. They spun, they interlocked, the flesh that crafted them tore itself apart from the effort. The thundering magic burned through the ground and the very air.

"Enuma Elish, the star of creation that splits Heaven and Earth!" Gilgamesh swung her blade, and the air rippled with the powerful thrum of a star's core exploding into existence. It washed everything in a white light, it broke everything into a pitch-black darkness. It streaked the digital sky with the night sky absent of stars, and burned the very heavens out of their clouds. Hell itself had no existence prior to the blade, the land of the dead crafted upon the original memories of Ea.

In a floating void made of infinitely minuscule particles, I stood there unscathed. A scenery of heaven stretched across my back. Butterflies flapped their wings. Gentle green trees fluttered in the wind. A green meadow stretched from my feet across the non-existing ground.

Gilgamesh looked at me, her expression puzzled, but unbroken. The ground reached her. The sky smothered her from above, a perfect blue, a crystalline sight; white clouds were fluffy, and this realm was an existence of peace and perfection, something so great, even Ea dared not infringe upon it.

"You..." she whispered. "You survived." A maddening bark of laughter left her lips. "Of course you would survive! You are Kagayaku! Of course you would spite me like this! Of course you would not fall like this!" she laughed, her laughter crystalline and pure echoed by the chirps of birds from the trees. "You are the dragon who devoured Avalon! After everything...after all of it...you still managed to deny your own death!"

I smiled, and then I quietly began to walk forward. "This place is a paradise," I said gently. "And it rests within my guts. It took me countless centuries to craft it. It required countless sacrifices. I devoured and ate and formed from the tiniest fragments that remained the real thing, and then polished it to the point where it became realer than real, stronger than the original." I chuckled. "I made a fake as good as the original, and in the process...well, in the process someone lost sight of who had the real one and who had a fake one."

I came to a halt in front of her, my eyes sparkling with mirth. "Would you like to join me, Gilgamesh?" I extended my right hand towards her. "I do not like being lied to, as hypocritical as it sounds."

Gilgamesh rolled her eyes, and let her blade disappear. "Your desire to conquer the Moon Cell, Kagayaku, is but a fool's dream. It will grant access to the winner regardless of events, but will erase the one who does not have a correspondent existence in the real world." She stared at me. "You won't earn your wish, Kagayaku Emiya. No matter how hard you fight, no matter how strong you may become, how much of a liar you will be...you cannot avoid the unavoidable."

"Spoken from someone who told the Gods to shut up since their time was over, I think you're being a bit too much of a quitter, Gilgamesh," I hummed, shrugging gently. "Things people call impossible...are just things Kagayaku Emiya hasn't gotten around to change yet."

"Oh? Then amuse me," Gilgamesh remarked, "Entertain me, make me excited," she coyly neared, her arms linking around my neck. "And when the time comes for the impossible, prove to me you can break even through that." Her eyes sparkled with joy. "However, you belong to me." She added with a firm and resolute voice. "Don't think I will allow you concubines."

"About that," I said with an awkward cough. "We might not be able to leave this place, and the arena, unless one of us results...something else."

Gilgamesh' eyes twinkled. I didn't like the way they twinkled. "After charging ahead in the opposite direction for so long, now you suggest the very same thing you don't like?" she pressed herself a bit more against me. "Naughty, naughty dragon." She hummed. "Or perhaps you wish to remove my ability to stop you? Have me powerless and at your mercy...I think I understand you," she laughed. "But that won't happen. I have an enemy to fight, and I have no intentions of letting them go further on their own."

I sighed. "Is that so?"

"Indeed," Gilgamesh nodded. "Thus—"

Her eyes widened briefly.

My fingers had dug past her chest. They had gripped her heart, and squeezed it into mush.

My eyes were cold, and burning. "Ah...I see..." Gilgamesh coughed, blood dribbling from her lips. "The one...who could be easily sacrificed...was me all along."

"You are too much of a risk and a wildcard," I whispered. "Your death...makes things easier."

"Such a cruel monster," Gilgamesh grimly chuckled. "Such a cruel...cruel...dragon. Are we all...puppets...dancing to your tune?"

I exhaled. "It is a grandiose orchestra, Gilgamesh," I answered her, the world around us starting to collapse. "An orchestra that requires everyone to play their part for the grand finale." I smiled, and then opened my jaws. "It may take time to digest you...but in the end, you won't feel a thing."

I stepped out of the collapsing Avalon, out of the torn apart Arena, and as my body reappeared in what had once been Gilgamesh' room, it was just in time to watch Gatou disappear in pixels, his expression one hard, and yet all so easy to describe. He had no idea what had happened. He didn't know what was going on. It was ignorance; it was plain and simple lack of awareness.

And the funny thing, the most ironic thing...

Was that I still had my own enemy servant to face.

Seriously, Dracula and his master had no chances against me.

I would claim my victory.

Nothing, on the near or far side of the Moon Cell, could stop me.

The flowery trees moved to an unseen breeze. They were vaporized first. The underwater-like coliseum shattered into countless shards of digital stone, thrumming Noble Phantasms in various shapes cracking the very foundations of the arena as I did my best to slither through them. Enkidu's chains clinked a second before striking, my body dodging through the very hoops and chains it was formed out of; it was a game of cat and mouse in which the mouse couldn't make a single mistake, less he be torn asunder.

If I slowed down, I'd be hit. If I didn't, Ea would swing regardless of it all. I had to near, but at the same time I couldn't. The closer I got, the less time I had to dodge the Noble Phantasms.

"I speak of Genesis..." Gilgamesh pulled her blade back, the grinding of the sections of the blade increasing into a cacophony that couldn't be described. The thundering of Noble Phantasms stopped briefly. It was a lull in combat that meant nothing. The attack itself would cleanse the world. There was no place one could hide from it, no cover too thick, no shield too strong; it was my Achilles' heel, for I had died to it. I would die to it. It was snapped into my soul, crafted into my existence, burned into my very core being.

"The elements amalgamate, coalesce, and bring forth the stars that weave all of creation."

I was a creature destined to die to it. I could rage, I could foam, I could devour existence, but to that single blade I would fall. The world didn't need to do anything. It was simply my destiny. Yet, even so, I would fight against it. I had survived Excalibur's blast, but I wouldn't be able to survive Ea's one. Even a swing from that blade would prove to be anathema to the likes of me.

It couldn't be devoured. The concept of what life was before life itself was born; of a hell crafted of the birthing pains of a planet, of an eternity that couldn't be destroyed, couldn't be stopped, couldn't be...stemmed. It was a tide which knew no end. The only way to counter it was to deny its existence. It was to unlock some form of shifting, of dimensional alteration, some kind of...of Reality Marble.

My magical circuits began to burn. They spun, they interlocked, the flesh that crafted them tore itself apart from the effort. The thundering magic burned through the ground and the very air.

"Enuma Elish, the star of creation that splits Heaven and Earth!" Gilgamesh swung her blade, and the air rippled with the powerful thrum of a star's core exploding into existence. It washed everything in a white light, it broke everything into a pitch-black darkness. It streaked the digital sky with the night sky absent of stars, and burned the very heavens out of their clouds. Hell itself had no existence prior to the blade, the land of the dead crafted upon the original memories of Ea.

In a floating void made of infinitely minuscule particles, I stood there unscathed. A scenery of heaven stretched across my back. Butterflies flapped their wings. Gentle green trees fluttered in the wind. A green meadow stretched from my feet across the non-existing ground.

Gilgamesh looked at me, her expression puzzled, but unbroken. The ground reached her. The sky smothered her from above, a perfect blue, a crystalline sight; white clouds were fluffy, and this realm was an existence of peace and perfection, something so great, even Ea dared not infringe upon it.

"You..." she whispered. "You survived." A maddening bark of laughter left her lips. "Of course you would survive! You are Kagayaku! Of course you would spite me like this! Of course you would not fall like this!" she laughed, her laughter crystalline and pure echoed by the chirps of birds from the trees. "You are the dragon who devoured Avalon! After everything...after all of it...you still managed to deny your own death!"

I smiled, and then I quietly began to walk forward. "This place is a paradise," I said gently. "And it rests within my guts. It took me countless centuries to craft it. It required countless sacrifices. I devoured and ate and formed from the tiniest fragments that remained the real thing, and then polished it to the point where it became realer than real, stronger than the original." I chuckled. "I made a fake as good as the original, and in the process...well, in the process someone lost sight of who had the real one and who had a fake one."

I came to a halt in front of her, my eyes sparkling with mirth. "Would you like to join me, Gilgamesh?" I extended my right hand towards her. "I do not like being lied to, as hypocritical as it sounds."

Gilgamesh rolled her eyes, and let her blade disappear. "Your desire to conquer the Moon Cell, Kagayaku, is but a fool's dream. It will grant access to the winner regardless of events, but will erase the one who does not have a correspondent existence in the real world." She stared at me. "You won't earn your wish, Kagayaku Emiya. No matter how hard you fight, no matter how strong you may become, how much of a liar you will be...you cannot avoid the unavoidable."

"Spoken from someone who told the Gods to shut up since their time was over, I think you're being a bit too much of a quitter, Gilgamesh," I hummed, shrugging gently. "Things people call impossible...are just things Kagayaku Emiya hasn't gotten around to change yet."

"Oh? Then amuse me," Gilgamesh remarked, "Entertain me, make me excited," she coyly neared, her arms linking around my neck. "And when the time comes for the impossible, prove to me you can break even through that." Her eyes sparkled with joy. "However, you belong to me." She added with a firm and resolute voice. "Don't think I will allow you concubines."

"About that," I said with an awkward cough. "We might not be able to leave this place, and the arena, unless one of us results...something else."

Gilgamesh' eyes twinkled. I didn't like the way they twinkled. "After charging ahead in the opposite direction for so long, now you suggest the very same thing you don't like?" she pressed herself a bit more against me. "Naughty, naughty dragon." She hummed. "Or perhaps you wish to remove my ability to stop you? Have me powerless and at your mercy...I think I understand you," she laughed. "But that won't happen. I have an enemy to fight, and I have no intentions of letting them go further on their own."

I sighed. "Is that so?"

"Indeed," Gilgamesh nodded. "Thus—"

Her eyes widened briefly.

My fingers had dug past her chest. They had gripped her heart, and squeezed it into mush.

My eyes were cold, and burning. "Ah...I see..." Gilgamesh coughed, blood dribbling from her lips. "The one...who could be easily sacrificed...was me all along."

"You are too much of a risk and a wildcard," I whispered. "Your death...makes things easier."

"Such a cruel monster," Gilgamesh grimly chuckled. "Such a cruel...cruel...dragon. Are we all...puppets...dancing to your tune?"

I exhaled. "It is a grandiose orchestra, Gilgamesh," I answered her, the world around us starting to collapse. "An orchestra that requires everyone to play their part for the grand finale." I smiled, and then opened my jaws. "It may take time to digest you...but in the end, you won't feel a thing."

I stepped out of the collapsing Avalon, out of the torn apart Arena, and as my body reappeared in what had once been Gilgamesh' room, it was just in time to watch Gatou disappear in pixels, his expression one hard, and yet all so easy to describe. He had no idea what had happened. He didn't know what was going on. It was ignorance; it was plain and simple lack of awareness.

And the funny thing, the most ironic thing...

Was that I still had my own enemy servant to face.

Seriously, Dracula and his master had no chances against me.

I would claim my victory.

Nothing, on the near or far side of the Moon Cell, could stop me.

DRAGON!SHADE is bullshit and bullshit always win against overpower character

Also I FUCKING CALL IT

I didn't know he could consume the powers of dead things.

Does this mean Shades constantly gaining abilities from trace amounts of decomposing phantasmal beasts?

Yeah, surviving a blast from the sword that can literally rip apart reality sure gets a girl wet, right Gilgamesh-chan?

Y'know, if I didn't know for 100% certainty that this was indeed Kagayaku, I would think that we're actually following Shakespeare or one of his other literary bros.

Chapter Thirty-Two - 1.0.0.1 Nights
Chapter Thirty-Two - 1.0.0.1 Nights

It was the morning of the fourth day of the fourth week, and it was also four in the morning.

Ask and you shall receive. Such were the words. Demand and you shall be delivered. Request and all shall be made known. Query, and all shall be spoken.

The twirling multitude of data flowed within and without; the columns of information pillars that held upon it the Moon Cell's main programming, and its main directives.

Observe, and never intervene. Observe, and never alter. Observe, but prepare the countermeasure against the inevitable corruption.

Observe, but have the fangs ready for Velber.

"An attack dragon rather than an attack dog, uh," I muttered as I stretched ever so slightly. A few of the desks clattered out of the way. I exhaled, my breath a foggy mist of Mana. My eyes closed and opened, the iris of dragons reflecting the dim light of the early morning, which came through the windows. It didn't even feel digital; it was, but it felt so right. It was so perfectly fake it spun right around to become real.

I chuckled briefly at the irony.

"Master...are you unable to sleep?" the sweet, gentle voice of Sherry reached my ears, her soft body nestled right by the side of my dragon chin. One of her hands gingerly rubbed my scales tenderly, "Would you rather I sing you a song?"

"It won't be needed," I whispered back. My throat slowly began to twitch, like a snake who was in the process of spitting out an egg. Rather than a round white-shelled egg, though, I spat out a small, curled blond-haired kid. She lay asleep, her breathing soft and her expression serene. Truly, the Gods had been inspired when they had crafted Gilgamesh' childish form, for she was the embodiment of cuteness whenever she closed her eyes and slept.

She was cute, hence all was forgiven. All crimes were forgotten, all sins were washed away. How ironic, how amusing, that all that it took to make judgment disappear from one's mind was the beauty of the one committing the sin.

Truly, being beautiful solved all problems.

"It will be all right," I whispered to the sleeping child, whose body began to stir awake. "I give you no greater purpose, for though I am selfish like your Gods, I shall attain all that I desire with my own strength, never with that of children." I hummed a lullaby, the child's eyes slowly opening up in their crimson shine to stare up at the likes of me. "How do you feel, Gilgamesh?"

She said something I didn't understand.

I reckoned it was some kind of ancient tongue. Her eyes half closed, she curled up once more as if feeling cold. With a sigh, I dropped my head down over her like a nesting hen. There was a brief moment of quiet contemplation, and then the child Gilgamesh grabbed hold of some of my scales and snuggled as close as she could to them to stay warm.

That morning, a few hours later, proved to be quite the interesting thing.

"I can't believe you," Sakura said with a fake hurt tone. She stared at me as if I had committed some kind of unspeakable sin. "You can't think straight whenever there's a cute girl in front of you, can you!?"

I awkwardly coughed, and glanced sideways. "I plead innocent until proven guilty," I quietly dropped my left hand atop child Gilgamesh' fluffy hair, the girl sitting by the counter with a curious look on her face. "Innocent, you hear me."

"Innocent," Gilgamesh replied with a giggle of her own.

"Indeed," I nodded towards the cute child. "Innocence is a virtue seldom left in us old, cynical dragons."

Sakura raised an eyebrow. "Dear father, what have you done?"

I whistled as innocently as possible, while at the same time glancing towards Atalanta, who neared with a strange glint in her eyes. I waited with bated breath as the cat-tailed neko-Archer stopped right behind the small girl, and then proceeded to hesitantly sniff the air. Even Sakura grew quiet, an amused smile on her face. Sherry didn't understand, but it didn't matter.

I removed my left hand from Gilgamesh' head, and within seconds Atalanta had put her own, gingerly rubbing it with a look of pure bliss. "We'll be keeping her too," I said offhandedly to Atalanta, who seemed lost in her own world made of shiny golden hair and a cute little Gilgamesh-chan. "What do you say?"

"Y-Yeah," Atalanta coughed, stopping the head-rubbing and awkwardly looking around. She saw my knowing smirk and her eyes soon turned into a sharp glare, if without any heat to it. "That's...This..." she briefly stammered out, and then coughed, catching herself. "Isn't she dressed too lightly?"

Gilgamesh was wearing simple enough clothes, which I reckoned were the childish fashion of Uruk of old, rather than the modern times. She looked around with a curious, interested look; it was clear she was trying her hardest to learn, and understand, what we were speaking of.

"Father," Sakura said with a sigh. "Will you answer me now?"

"Well, my darling daughter number one," I said with a smile, "I have, once more, done the near-impossible," I extended an arm around Gilgamesh' shoulders, "Meet your little sister Gilgamesh. She'll have to learn how to read and write the modern tongue, but she's also absolutely adorable."

Atalanta stared at the little girl in front of her. "Gilgamesh?" she muttered, and the little girl did indeed turn at the mention of her name. "She has the same name as the Servant we saw yesterday..." she glanced at me, and then back down at the girl. "You...just like you ate me, you did the same to her?" she shuddered, if briefly. "I could have become...like her if you had wished for it?"

I nodded, not really bothering to hide it. "Yes," I said. "All of your bad memories erased; all of the things that defined you as the yourself of the present washed clean. You would have all of the memories of being a child, but then I would appear. I am ever-present, ever-past, ever-future and all-encompassing. Through me, you are created. Through me, you are birthed," I took a sip of the coffee that now stood in front of me on the counter, sighing in bliss at the taste. "Kind-of like godhood, I reckon, but I am a far kinder God than most."

"A God? No, my liege," Sherry said softly, shaking her head briefly. "Gods stand too far above men; if so, how could you protect me?" her voice grew pitiful, it grew so pitiful it made my heart lash out.

"Then, how about a God-King?" I remarked. "The best of both worlds?"

"A monstrous and demonic God-King of Snakes, Dragons, Humans and Children," Atalanta mused as she sat down, her own breakfast served by Sakura's expert hands. "Truly, is there no limit to your greed?"

I laughed. "Is it such a bad thing?" I asked back, "To be greedy in the pursuit of true happiness?"

Atalanta said nothing at first.

She stared down at the plate in front of her, filled with all kinds of goodies from poached eggs to bacon, to fried fish, and then she grabbed a piece of lean jerky from one of her many pockets, putting it by the side of the breakfast in question.

"How can you trust in something so wholesome and beautiful?" she muttered. "How can you not believe...it will eventually be taken away from you?"

I sighed, and extended my right hand down on the fluffy tailed girl's head. "You can't," I said. "But even if you can't, that doesn't mean you can't enjoy the moment. Even if tomorrow comes, and it is a sadder day, bask in the happiness of the present, and let no clouds darken your pretty face." I grinned.

Atalanta slapped my hand away and huffed, starting to eat her breakfast without another word.

"If one tries hard enough, and long enough," Sherry said in a dreamy whisper, "Even dreams can become reality," and with a beautiful and bashful smile, she proceeded to sit down straight on my lap, her arms encircling my neck. "Let me feed you, my kind God-King."

I smiled at that offer.

It truly felt good to be King.

Back