Elite: Dangerous

iospace

The reason we can't have nice things
Pronouns
She/They
Aka Elite IV, but hell, it's a fun game.

So who here is excited for Beta 2?

One exists on SV as well? What do you know. I mainly comment on the SB version of this, if I decide to make mention of my recent gameplay experiences in the first place.

What's everyone looking forward to in the 1.3 update? I think the drones and equippable fuel-containers shall be wonderful, especially on my Imperial Clipper (the emergency politics travel ship with terrible fuel consumption rates!). I'm a beta backer myself, in fact, and in the five mins I got on the 1.3 Beta before I disconnected and couldn't rejoin, they've speeded the menu and other under-the-hood tweaks up quite a lot, as well as added a few nifty things such as displaying the percentage till your next Exploring, Combat and Trade ranking (in both bar and % form).

I like Imperial Clippers. They have such high bounty. Felt good when I destroyed one of them for it's one less imperial scum to worry about. However, on the aesthetic side, it's looks so beautiful. Goddamn Fed and their Dropship.
It is a shiny ship, yep. Got a blue paintjob on mine at present, so the outsides match the insides. One of the fastest ships in the game, too, with THE fastest accel of current ships. Can fit Class 3 weapons too!

As an aside, anyone find how Feds are /red/ and Empire /blue/ a bit weird? I pictured it the opposite, with Alliance a nice /green/ shade.

Red? What? No, no, no. Trust me, we are TOTALLY NOT the bad guy.
You play as a Federation player? I personally root for the Alliance as far as RP goes, but am currently whatever rank the Clipper needs in the Empire, and floating about in Empire space. Also part of an Empire-aligned group, the EIC.

You play as a Federation player? I personally root for the Alliance as far as RP goes, but am currently whatever rank the Clipper needs in the Empire, and floating about in Empire space. Also part of an Empire-aligned group, the EIC.

Yeah, I'm RPing as A Fed Navy pilot. Mother Earth our home; Democracy our creed. We'll spread Freedom and destroy those who oppose us. Long live the Federation.

So Murica, no?

Yeah, I'm RPing as A Fed Navy pilot. Mother Earth our home; Democracy our creed. We'll spread Freedom and destroy those who oppose us. Long live the Federation.

So Murica, no?
I wouldn't know, I'm an Aussie and tend to ignore politics. I do know Americans have a rep for being rather gung-ho about a few values upheld in their country, though.

I wouldn't know, I'm an Aussie and tend to ignore politics. I do know Americans have a rep for being rather gung-ho about a few values upheld in their country, though.
Not even the tip.

I don't know why, but they seem to be completely obsessed with freedom and democracy without even thinking about the resulting mess they create.

I'm pledging to...someone. I forget the name. But they're Empire and all Trade-focused, as well as who my guild of EIC is pledging to as a whole.

EDIT:
Also, if anyone is after the new Diamondback ships, Hamilton Gateway is selling them for 20% off, with the Imperial Courier going for 15% off at the same place. Link to the reddit post here.

Last edited:
I am back, anything new?
1.3 came out, lots of new featured ensued. Three new ships came out as well, two of which are essentially 'civilian' and 'military' versions of the same thing. The Imperial Clipper got a little brother/sister ship at a considerably cheaper price.

1.3 came out, lots of new featured ensued. Three new ships came out as well, two of which are essentially 'civilian' and 'military' versions of the same thing. The Imperial Clipper got a little brother/sister ship at a considerably cheaper price.

And there, people, the Imps got themselves some wacky, cool-looking ships while we Fed got some Spacetruck. We FedEx now?

Man, choosing who to pledge allegiance to is hard. That Princess Ailsing looks very cute, enough to make me want to switch side now. But like Yang Wenli had said, I'll safe the asses that is paying my salary whether they are good or not so the choices for now are either Felicia Winter or Hudson. I hope there are more choices in the later in the development.

I managed to find a trade route that gives me 3000Cr/t per Imperial Slave, with 1400Cr/t per Pallidium on the return trip. All thanks to Torval dropping the slave prices by 20% :D
1.3 is pretty~ sweet, money-making wise.

EDIT:
Also managed to purchase all three new ships for this update, altough getting them to general storage shall be a pain. Thinking I should just store everything at Shinra Dazharti/Founders World for ease of use...

Back