There will be no side effects from the binding. I will state that much. But there will be consequences, now and in the future.

This is more narrative and applies to both, I.e if you bind or not, there will be consequences but not from the binding and not mystic.

The binding probably implies more closeness with all the political and cultural implications that has, but that seems fine.

Made edits to my post. You are not binding Lorgar but binding the Ambulls to him and nothing else.
Ah, OK.
In that case, hmm... I think I'd still not do it. There is probably a limit of Weird Shenanigans our tribe is willing to put up with, since we're not in Creation and can't rely on population accepting stuff because Just Exalted Bullshit, Move Along Citizen.

[x] Use Lorgar's Blood.

Honestly this seems like it would be helpful, plus changing canon as much as possible is only a good thing in my book.

We are probably going to end up opposing the Emperor aren't we? I mean in the long run, he is a bit of a paranoid tyrant and we are playing a... shard of tainted purity older than the present incarnation of the universe. When seen like that there does not seem to be much point to not embracing Lorgar as much as we can, the kid is going to end up a rebel either way

The way I understand Summoning is that the point of it is to summon something to you. Not to a place.
I think an argument could be made that the beacon is the ritual rather than the caster, in which case, considering that Hanging Rituals works by completing all but one step and then only finishing it later, you could construct it such that the step unfinished is the one that places the beacon (in which case it would place the beacon at your location when you trigger it) or something else such as the target (in which case the beacon has already been placed somewhere else, and triggering the ritual just activated it) but that's admittedly not explicit in the text.
Also you can only hang spells, not rituals. Summoning Warding and Binding are rituals.
The specific language of the section says that you can store spells or rituals multiple times(p15). And if you're talking about Store Spell, that does have a maximum of 1 but Store Spell and Hanging Spells or Rituals are explicitly different(p14). Hanging gives you a -1 penalty to all actions for every two effects Hung due to spiritual strain (not sure how being Exalted affects that), but Store Spell lets you give the object you stored it in to someone else so they can activate it.

Question, is Quintessence as described in Sorcerer and Essence the same thing?
We are probably going to end up opposing the Emperor aren't we? I mean in the long run, he is a bit of a paranoid tyrant and we are playing a... shard of tainted purity older than the present incarnation of the universe. When seen like that there does not seem to be much point to not embracing Lorgar as much as we can, the kid is going to end up a rebel either way
I mean, I developed a Charm specifically to counter that sort of paranoia which the QM is still thinking on. So it's possible we could work together. Also depends on if this is "full tyrant" Emps or just "hard man making hard decisions while hard" Emps. He's pretty open to interpretation.

[x] Use Lorgar's Blood.

I mean, I developed a Charm specifically to counter that sort of paranoia which the QM is still thinking on. So it's possible we could work together. Also depends on if this is "full tyrant" Emps or just "hard man making hard decisions while hard" Emps. He's pretty open to interpretation.

[x] Use Lorgar's Blood.

Honestly I do not think this town is big enough for the both of us even if we go for the most benevolent interpretation of him. This is either a man who us unspeakably callous, a tyrant to overcome all the tyrants of the Age of Spite in the name of power or he is someone who does care and is willing to do evil on a scale never before seen in the history of mankind because of how terrified he is of the alternative. I do not think the Infernal Exalted, invested with the power of the Yozis and the mandate to rule inherent to the Chosen of the Sun is comparable with that. The moral question of 'why he wanted to make the Imperium' I think matters less than how he built the Imperium and for what purpose, 'to be ruled by him and him alone and follow his vision for mankind'. Maybe if we had been a solar the PC would have fit into that vision long term, but as an Infernal, inhuman and inhumanizing, I do not think we can fit into his vision.

I think matters less than how he built the Imperium and for what purpose, 'to be ruled by him and him alone and follow his vision for mankind'.
But that's not his goal. He made the imperium and started the Great Crusade to keep humanity from getting wiped out by snowballing threats like the Rangdan and the Orks and he explicitly intended for humanity to be self governing once he had the Human Webway for them to safely hide in. The imperium was an instrumental goal, not a terminal one.

Or, at least, that's a valid interpretation.

Last edited:
But that's not his goal. He made the imperium and started the Great Crusade to keep humanity from getting wiped out by snowballing threats like the Rangdan and the Orks and he explicitly intended for humanity to be self governing once he had the Human Webway for them to safely hide in. The imperium was an instrumental goal, not a terminal one.

Or, at least, that's a valid interpretation.

Yeah, but take one more step, how does he want them to survive? Those methods indicate that it's his way or the highway and the way an Infernal would be inclined to do it (by improving on humans with copious amounts of hell magic, (like what we did just last update) does not fit the bill IMO

Yeah, but take one more step, how does he want them to survive? Those methods indicate that it's his way or the highway and the way an Infernal would be inclined to do it (by improving on humans with copious amounts of hell magic, (like what we did just last update) does not fit the bill IMO
I do mostly agree but it really seems like he tends to compromise if you are either useful or it would be too much of an effort to try and displace or otherwise fuck you up. As long as we don't do something like Ally with chaos or human praying zenos then it seems most likely that he would look at us in our sorcery and see that where the father of one of his sons and leave it at that as long as we don't try to prevent Lorgar from becoming a general. I don't mean to say this lightly but it's very obvious that the Imperium was meant to be transitory when you realize that he accepted the Mechanicum, Navigators, Abhumans and the super sector empire of Ultramar and the excesses of all of his other Sons the goal was always to recover Humanity destroy snowballings Zenos threats work on Human Webway. Apparently exactly in that order as far as the Horus heresy is concerned the second every major Zeno threat is gone boom he's working on that Webway.

The methods indicate that he's willing to do anything to ensure the survival of humanity as a whole. As strong as we are, we aren't going to be mutating a significant percentage of the species, and those we do mutate will increase the number of transhuman warriors who can fight the gribblies in space. His primary concern would be that we're planning to corrupt humanity subtly or otherwise betray him, but that's what the truth charm is for.

Cool. Once we fix the World Spirit can we learn Geomancy from it? I freaking love manse design.
Probably not from it but yeah, you can learn it. It is not a lost art and there are plenty of people who can teach you. Heck, the Men of stone, once you restore/build them can and it is needed if you want to fix the physical faults in the planet.

More on this once you Progress the Main Quest.

Heck, the Men of stone, once you restore/build them can and it is needed if you want to fix the physical faults in the planet.
For clarity, geomancy is drawing on the native magical energies of a location (leylines and such) through divinatory items or enlightened methods of construction, like feng shui. Is that required to fix the physical the physical faults in the planet or did you think I meant rock magic?

Back