Voting is open
Whilst true, we have Gohan as an example of what happens to people defeated by the Enemy - he died and went to the Afterlife, as per usual.

As Pittauro pointed out above, it seems likely that Gohan turned himself to stone with a suicide technique, so he doesn't provide much evidence one way or the other regarding the Enemy's methods.

@PoptartProdigy, I've been working on a rewrite for the History section of the Lore screen. I've taken some mild liberties with this section; does it change things too much or is it good?
Garla's devoted husband, Celeran, had been achieving his own aims.

In the years following the Death of Earth, some of the Exiles had come to fixate on the fact that Goku, Vegeta, and Gohan, had ascended to godhood. Their respect for their ancestors had passed beyond simple acknowledgment and reached the realm of worship. They prayed to this trinity for guidance, wisdom, and strength. There were a dozen means of worshiping the three, with no unity.

Celeran was one such worshiper, and he found disunity as offensive as his wife did. He wasn't a Super Saiyan himself, but her hard-won authority was an even better backing, and he used it to great effect. After years of conflict, and despite serious and sometimes violent opposition from several sides - particularly the group that would go on to form House Balor - he managed to gather the faithful and shape them into a recognizable whole.

The Council of Garenhuld, held shortly after Lady Garla's death, was a colossal undertaking - and an unmitigated success. It a) included every Saiyan who made their faith public, b) hammered out a canon from the available scriptures, c) appointed a priesthood, led by Celeran himself, to coordinate the faithful and arbitrate in religious disputes, and d) managed to avoid any serious injuries in the process. The faith solidified somewhat quickly afterwards.

With that, a potential wild card in Exile politics became a full, non-state-associated faction. This "final gift to his sons" complete, Celeran died the following year. The newly-formed religion survived its first transition of power with remarkable ease, and has gone on to be one of the most stable features of the Exile world in the centuries following.

The religion, which its adherents referred to formally as the Church of the Ancestor Gods, or more colloquially, the Faith, has suffered no major turmoil since Celeran's act in solidifying it. To the rest of Saiyan society, however, it has become strange and inscrutable, too insular to easily hold conversation about. Because of this, some call it the Ancestor Cult.

Last edited:
...for what purpose?
It's got badly outdated bits, for one. Like claiming that Goku and Vegeta only blew up a single star system, or that Tenshinhan was the only human original-generation Z Fighter left by the time the Enemy came. (Master Roshi and Fortuneteller Baba were both participating, apparently - Roshi died trying to evacuate people; Baba died trying to scry the fight and provide backline support.)

@PoptartProdigy, I've been working on a rewrite for the History section of the Lore screen. I've taken some mild liberties with this section; does it change things too much or is it good?
I do not require assistance with writing the quest at this time.
It's got badly outdated bits, for one. Like claiming that Goku and Vegeta only blew up a single star system, or that Tenshinhan was the only human original-generation Z Fighter left by the time the Enemy came. (Master Roshi and Fortuneteller Baba were both participating, apparently - Roshi died trying to evacuate people; Baba died trying to scry the fight and provide backline support.)
The history in the Lore Screen is accurate to Kakara's knowledge. Kakara's knowledge is that Goku and Vegetable blew up a star system when they died.

I don't count either Rossi or Baba as Z Fighters.

Last edited:
Obviously, not something Kakara knows.
You said it was a story Kakara was telling, though? Like, explicitly, so that we wouldn't get any OOC knowledge from it?
I do not require assistance with writing the quest at this time.
I, um, how do I say this. I meant no offense. I thought that saying "the History section seems outdated in several respects, please fix it" would be asking a fairly major job - it certainly took me ~5 hours, and I was mostly doing copyedits - which I realized I could do for you, and hoped you would appreciate. I was also treating it as an omake of unverified canonicity, hence why I showed you the most extensively reworked section to get your input on it.
Could I convince you to take a look?

PP said that the lore stuff in the OP isn't supposed to be reliable. I mean it's helpful you've collated all that information but don't expect it to be anything more than a fan resource.

Kakara, On Dandeer
Hey @PoptartProdigy, just wondering if you'd had any further thoughts on this.
Oof, sorry, got badly caught up at work. I have some hours free tomorrow; I'll fix it up then.

In the meantime, folks on Discord asked me if I could distill Kakara's thoughts on Dandeer and try to get Kakara to explain Dandeer as best as she could, leveraging her Communication score and years of exposure. Here's what I came up with.

KAKARA: Dandeer? No, she's pretty simple. She wants what she thinks is best for her loved ones. She wants to be on top. Nothing else matters.

Like, that's the thing that scares me the most about her, y'know? Nothing else matters. Like...not even as tools. It took a while before I realized that. It's like, she acts like a normal person, but then something makes her think that her son's in danger, or that something might get in her way, and she's instantly ready to rip it apart. Garenhulders are getting ready to nuke each other? Eh, that sounds a little high-profile. Let 'em. It's not like they matter, like, at all. In fact, if they're all dead, that means sorcerers are even more important, which makes me the most important of anybody!

She's just so selfish. It doesn't seem like it's enough to say that, but she's so selfish. She'll commit mass murder, enslave her own son, let a whole planet die because saving them is inconvenient...nothing matters to her but herself and the things she thinks are important to her. She thinks she's entitled to lecture anybody because no one could possibly be as worthwhile or smart as she is. Everything is about her. It took me so long to realize that. Everything that happens is about her. If it's good, it can stay. If it's not...then, well, that's just that. And she won't say that. She always wants to look nice, because people like nice people. And that's not because she likes being nice and making people feel good. It's because she wants to be loved.

...kais, she wants to be loved. I think it's the only thing that matters to her more than the rest of it. The thing I did that hurt her worst was saying that nobody loved her.

You know what, you want an easy way to describe Dandeer? It's all about her. Everything that happens around her is about her.

Yeesh, that sounds like Thanos Endgame plan would be perfectly IC for Dandeer if she got taken down. You know, the one where he decides 'You're all a bunch of ingrates. I'm going to kill this universe and build a new one, and they'll love me because they have no idea I killed this universe, just that I gave them theirs.' is a perfectly logical course of action. That's like one step down from the Anti-Monitor.

Oof, sorry, got badly caught up at work. I have some hours free tomorrow; I'll fix it up then.

In the meantime, folks on Discord asked me if I could distill Kakara's thoughts on Dandeer and try to get Kakara to explain Dandeer as best as she could, leveraging her Communication score and years of exposure. Here's what I came up with.

KAKARA: Dandeer? No, she's pretty simple. She wants what she thinks is best for her loved ones. She wants to be on top. Nothing else matters.

Like, that's the thing that scares me the most about her, y'know? Nothing else matters. Like...not even as tools. It took a while before I realized that. It's like, she acts like a normal person, but then something makes her think that her son's in danger, or that something might get in her way, and she's instantly ready to rip it apart. Garenhulders are getting ready to nuke each other? Eh, that sounds a little high-profile. Let 'em. It's not like they matter, like, at all. In fact, if they're all dead, that means sorcerers are even more important, which makes me the most important of anybody!

She's just so selfish. It doesn't seem like it's enough to say that, but she's so selfish. She'll commit mass murder, enslave her own son, let a whole planet die because saving them is inconvenient...nothing matters to her but herself and the things she thinks are important to her. She thinks she's entitled to lecture anybody because no one could possibly be as worthwhile or smart as she is. Everything is about her. It took me so long to realize that. Everything that happens is about her. If it's good, it can stay. If it's not...then, well, that's just that. And she won't say that. She always wants to look nice, because people like nice people. And that's not because she likes being nice and making people feel good. It's because she wants to be loved.

...kais, she wants to be loved. I think it's the only thing that matters to her more than the rest of it. The thing I did that hurt her worst was saying that nobody loved her.

You know what, you want an easy way to describe Dandeer? It's all about her. Everything that happens around her is about her.
So, what you saying, is that she wouldn't do anything at all about Invasion fleet so long as they don't go for her family and aren't staying in her way? What if they promise to help her with Senzu (at first)? Would she really fight them if they didn't push her triggers?

So, what you saying, is that she wouldn't do anything at all about Invasion fleet so long as they don't go for her family and aren't staying in her way? What if they promise to help her with Senzu (at first)? Would she really fight them if they didn't push her triggers?
Considering one of Tamar's primary targets is Jaron, I'd say cooperation is a no go.

Dandeer could try to solve that problem by lying and saying Jaron is dead and keeping Jaffur in pureblood saiyan form in the Hall and sealing away anyone else's knowledge that any of this hadn't been true.

Considering her general lack of care for people outside her family, she is more likely to order their slaughter though.

Edit: I mean, she did try to slaughter our prisoners.

Considering her general lack of care for people outside her family, she is more likely to order their slaughter though.

You mean, slaughter the alien fleet?

Oh yeah. Quite frankly I've just been taking for granted that her plan is to lay a massive trap and brutally murder them all.

I thought it was obvious. What use would she have for them anyway?

she might spare a few of them so that she can mind-control them and get informations on what's happening in the galaxy and advanced technology, or even magical knowledge, but she's certainly pridefull/simple enough that she might not even think of it.

or...maybe she could try to mind control them and send them in search of Kakara? I can't see how that could possibly work, but she might act irrationally out of paranoia.

I thought it was obvious. What use would she have for them anyway?

she might spare a few of them so that she can mind-control them and get informations on what's happening in the galaxy and advanced technology, or even magical knowledge, but she's certainly pridefull/simple enough that she might not even think of it.

or...maybe she could try to mind control them and send them in search of Kakara? I can't see how that could possibly work, but she might act irrationally out of paranoia.
She'll mind-control them so she has more soldiers to hunt down rebels.

How do you know she hasn't?
oh, she probably took a few more fighters to control. My point was that, with professional saiyan fighters to control, the aliens are worth little in terms of pure fighting prowess, though she might consider using them to gain knowledge.

I think it's unlikely she'll try to ge more super saiyans, though she might feel confident enough in her control to try.

Actually I wonder..is there any chance she might try to get one or more of her FPSSJ to ssj2? Even more important, is there any chance she might succeed?

She IS the best mage on Garenhuld, maybe she has found a way to strenghten the wards and simply kept it secret. Or she can think of a way to trigger the epiphany with magic.

So, obviously I've been silent for a good long while; figure it's time to talk about it.

As is more than apparent, the new job and my repaired computer has utterly failed to produce the increase in update rate that I so optimistically hoped for. And, there's a reason for that. Namely, my job is awful. The company is critically understaffed, with no institutional willingness to cut back responsibilities (which I kind of get, since, as a disability services company, our responsibilities are people, but), and the end result is that the employees have to take on a lot more duties to make ends meet. Add in the fact that our industry has been without unions of any serious scale or organization since at least the 80s, and you have a field with some extremely employer-friendly legislation offering a glorious cornucopia of exemptions to overtime and mandatory break laws.

Which all adds up to my 90-hour work week.

Yeah, 90. At first I was a 20- to 30-hour employee, then they handed me full-time duties, then some more, and then they asked me to take on another client, and then abruptly I blinked and realized that I was, as scheduled, at 89.5 hours a week. I mentioned to them that that was my limit, and they backed off, and over the next two months, I kept on hinting to a sympathetic administrator that I'd be open to handing off some of my shifts in order to get duties to new hires (because administration is afraid that their employees will get mad if admin takes hours away, despite my kind of workload being routine among the experienced staff). End result: two months of hinting later, I managed to pass off a 10-hour shift, getting down to an 80-hour week. This wasn't ideal over the long term, but it helped a lot over the short term.

Then a month later they fired two people and I had to take the shift back.

I have lasted since late March in this job. At first I figured I could handle it over the short term while they got their shit together, and I was right. Indeed, for a while there it looked like it was going to pan out exactly like that. But then everything I'd wheedled out of them over two months with an administrator sympathetic to me went poof overnight. And it's not just that! We're in an industry noted for its burnout rate, and when we had a state-mandated in-service day to train us and refresh us on new and old concepts, the admin presenting skimmed over half of the slide show on burnout completely without comment and then turned things over to another one so we could learn how to meditate. We finished an hour and a half early!

The churn rate, meanwhile, is stunning. In my third month working there, we hired four new people, which was great! Exactly what I was looking for, and exactly what the company needed. We ended the month with one less employee than we'd started with. One of them was middle management, and a years-long veteran. Her position went unfilled for three months because they were all out of staff with the requisite amount of experience. Then they decided to hand it to somebody who already had a house to manage, without divesting her of her other duties, while she was already shouldering a 120-hour work week. Their options were that bad.

They also refuse to hire enough people to make up for the constant gaping holes in their organization. They hire exclusively locals or personal acquaintances of existing staff. The latter is a terrible policy for obvious reasons. The former is a terrible policy because WE'RE IN THE MIDDLE OF NOWHERE. The nearest even suburban center is half an hour away, and they have better companies there! Unsurprisingly, the labor pool they consider eligible is running dead dry.

My company's administration isn't malicious; they genuinely value the company and its workers, and want things to work out. But they are utterly incompetent, and I have finally come to the conclusion that absolutely nothing is going to change.

My shifts are long. As scheduled, I work a shift or am travelling to or between shifts continuously from early Friday afternoons to late Monday mornings.

My shifts are inconsistent. The schedule rarely works out that way, because one of my clients' parents keep pulling him home with, generously, half a day's notice, so I don't even know where I'll be most weekends until the day of. Sometimes they change the plans, multiple times, throughout the weekend. Then there are my clients who cause problems and get shifts handed to an admin so they can address behavioral problems, which come out of nowhere.

I am poorly paid. I make less, hourly, than a babysitter. I am responsible for medicine administration, emergency first aid, transportation, entertainment -- at my own expense, because I have to do whatever the clients want to do with them, and am not reimbursed! -- and caretaker duties. And that's for hours when they're awake. When they're asleep, my pay is barely above the state minimum wage.

My shift spacing is fucked. I get home late Monday morning and I'm off until late Tuesday night. That is my longest break from work. Most of the time, I'm not that lucky. My midweek is an endless procession of four- to five-hour breaks in between shifts -- maybe, once in a while, an eight-hour break that I will realistically spend sleeping. I am no sooner wound down from my shift than I have to get up and go to the next one. All of this when I have to commute an hour to work -- not, in and of itself, really a hardship to me personally, but it really slashes my effective time off. Driving time is not relaxation time.

That, ultimately, is why updates have slowed to a crawl lately. I'm riding the ragged edge of burnout, here. When I get home, I don't want to write. I want to slump into a chair, play some games, read, watch TV, fucking sleep -- I just want to unwind. Writing is fun for me, but it's also an investment of mental energy, and when you ask an introvert to spend 90 hours of their week in high-intensity socialization mode -- because dear god, interacting with clients demands your A game -- and space their shifts so that they go six days in a row without being able to fully wind down, they don't have much mental energy left to spare.

So, that's why. And, also, if I've been a jerk to any of you over the last few months, I'm genuinely sorry. I haven't really been tracking the progress of this stress very well, and it's snuck up on me.

You all should expect update rates to be sharply curtailed over the near future, because I'm in emergency mode right now. I need out.

Happily, I may have a solution there. My best friend in the world has found a position with another disabilities company. It has regular hours, overtime pay (oh yeah, my company is only just implementing overtime out of fears that their grey area may be getting less grey, and then only on waking hours), benefits, and it's admin, so the rate's higher. My friend has offered to walk my resume in the door, and I've submitted an application. I've probably got the best chance possible for this, and fingers are fully crossed.

That said, even if I don't get this, realistically it's time for me to jump ship. I've lost hope that things will improve at my company. The entire field is in the middle of a decades-long employment crunch, so my almost-a-year of experience and clean record probably makes me the perfect applicant. One way or another, I'm getting out.

It's just that, in the meantime, I can't keep up work on my quests. I'll be back soon -- again, there are some very easy ways out for me. But I am definitely, officially, going away for a while.

Sorry, folks. I'll be back to this soon.

Last edited:
Voting is open
Back