Voting is open
Non-Canon Omake: Styles and Salesmanship
Styles and Salesmanship​

Kakara was walking through the training hall, when she spotted a Saiyan wearing an orange gi with the symbol of the Krillin Style on the back talking to someone in armor. She headed towards him.

"... Which is when she used Solar Flare."

"Kienzan?"

"That's what he thought too, but it was actually a prelude to a physical strike to the vulnerables."

The saiyan in armor winced.

"Aye, and that's how, just yesterday, Grape with only 11mil beat Nappa, the rising star of the Gohanists who had 15mil."

"His fault for underestimating the Krillin Style." The armored Saiyan opined before straightening suddenly at your approach. "Lady Scion!"

"Um, hi?" Kakara waves.

The man in the Krillin Gi turns to you, and gives you a broad smile. "So, the rumors are true then and you're looking for a style to learn?"

She noded.

"Well, I can assure that you won't go wrong with the Krillin Style."

"Sell me." Commands Kakara the Gold.

"Very well. The most impressive combat feat that any style may claim belongs to the Krillin Style. This was many years ago, when your honored grandmother was still Scion. House Mago was in rebellion, and Head Gosara had achieved Super Saiyan. He had mixed the bulking technique of the Turtle Style with Super Saiyan to attain such strength as to nearly burst the wards.

"As his rebellion took place he plowed through opposition until he was confronted by two masters of the Krillin Style: Nappa Mato and Peach Stauber. Witnesses say they dodged his blows and blasts for almost two whole minutes, giving your grandmother precious time to arrive to confront him. Then Nappa used solar flare. Gosara was no fool, and turned his head aside to keep from being blinded, but this was the opening Peach was looking for. She got behind him while he was distracted and used a Kienzan to cut off his arm, and it would have been his head if he hadn't moved. His retaliatory blow killed her of course, but then your grandmother arrived and thanks to his injury the result was not in doubt."

"Huh. That is impressive." Kakara admits.

The man in the gi and in the armor both look smug.

"But I heard Krillin Style performs best when outgunned, and performs less well when fighting peer opponents?"

The man in the gi grimaced as he nodded, not able to deny the fact.

"And I am the strongest Saiyan on the planet. So, while that is really impressive, I think I'm looking for a style that plays more to my strengths." Kakara bows, "Sorry."

Walking off, Kakara mumbled to herself "Tenshinhan maybe? Or Demon?"

-
This is set in next year, where we plan to learn a style. I figure IC she'd go shopping around for a bit.

Last edited:
@PoptartProdigy

You've explained how Dandeer is feeding Vegeta the various disputes he's supposed to resolve, but what about disputes between a Gokun and a Vegetan? I presume that in the normal order of things the two lords would decide something together, but how does it work with Vegeta sealed?

@PoptartProdigy

You've explained how Dandeer is feeding Vegeta the various disputes he's supposed to resolve, but what about disputes between a Gokun and a Vegetan? I presume that in the normal order of things the two lords would decide something together, but how does it work with Vegeta sealed?
I am now imagining Berra awkwardly discussing hypotheticals with Sealed Vegeta Vegeta in his Masque. It is glorious.

He had mixed the bulking technique of the Turtle Style with Super Saiyan to attain such strength as to nearly burst the wards.
PoptartProdigy said that Max Form was exclusive to pure humans. ASS/USS are just variations of Super Saiyan, they're not a combination of SS and Max Form.

Walking off, Kakara mumbled to herself "Tenshinhan maybe? Or Demon?"
Heh, nice reference to the thread discussion.

Sure, but from people who are ignorant of the ins and outs of the SSJ transformations, USSJ would seem like Max Form applied to SSJ.
But it's public knowledge people so I thought people would know more about A/USS and less about Max Form since it wasn't a plot point and doesn't relate to Saiyans. Then again these guys do do Krillin Style, so their knowledge might be more focused on him and his master than Vegeta and Trunks' fight with Cell.

Last edited:
But it's public knowledge people so I thought people would know more about A/USS and less about Max Form since it wasn't a plot point and doesn't relate to Saiyans. Then again these guys do do Krillin Style, so their knowledge might be more focused on him and his master than Vegeta and Trunks' fight with Cell.
I'm fairly certain the info was deliberately suppressed.

@PoptartProdigy

In theory, Dandeer handles negotiations, consults her husband under cover of metaphor, and then relays his decision. In reality, the Heads are livid with her and bypass the process by negotiating with those on the opposite side directly.

In theory, Dandeer handles negotiations, consults her husband under cover of metaphor, and then relays his decision. In reality, the Heads are livid with her and bypass the process by negotiating with those on the opposite side directly.

And here I was hoping that she would have roped her husband's good friend Bruce into "One of these crazy hypotheticals".

So what do we want to become when we grow up? Our Masque I mean.

Does anyone have any good ideas on what we'd like to pursue? Or should we let our Masque fall to the wayside?

Maybe a martial arts instructor?

Would it be possible to learn one of the Styles under our Masqued training? Maybe Turtle Style?

So what do we want to become when we grow up? Our Masque I mean.
Either a doctor or a politician. We'll be learning Medicine to remove the cap on our ki healing ability and make it actually useful, but after today and the Scion training we'll also have excellent Communication skill.

I am honestly kinda hoping the Masquerade will be blown by alien attack before we need to start finding a job.

You could end the Masquerade tomorrow if you wanted to.

Besides, as Clan heir you kind of already have a job, even if its one that causes you to disappear from human society!

The Masques need a job to keep the masquerade. It is why Berra works as a mechanic, even though he is also the Lord of Goku.

Speaking of which, what is the deal with Saiyan economy? Does it exist, do they barter or are they communists?

Either a doctor or a politician. We'll be learning Medicine to remove the cap on our ki healing ability and make it actually useful, but after today and the Scion training we'll also have excellent Communication skill.
We'd want something that doesn't take too much free time. Heck, the ideal action could be winning the lottery and living off of that, or becoming a professional gambler/ stock-broker or anything that we can cheat through precog for.

With our abilities, the whole thing would be easy to pull off and if it's something where we decide our own hours, we can reduce the Masque actions to simply ones which includes hanging out with our friends.

Did Poptart mention how we deal with humans-in-the-know?

The Masques need a job to keep the masquerade. It is why Berra works as a mechanic, even though he is also the Lord of Goku.

Speaking of which, what is the deal with Saiyan economy? Does it exist, do they barter or are they communists?

It basically attaches to the human economy. Masques earn money, saiyans spend it. Of course, there are saiyan shopkeepers and farmers. Stores and manufacturers. But the majority of saiyans work in the human world. That money eventually makes its way back out to the human world by way of saiyan business owners purchasing supplies or, failing that, saiyan suppliers spending money in the human world.

I've been thinking and I think I've come to the conclusion that creating a Pacifist Style is misguided.

We want Kakara to be a pacifist, someone who sees fighting as wrong and only to be used as a last resort. In truth, this is rather similar to the ethos of many real world martial arts schools who advocate using martial arts only for self-defence. It's a good philosophy to adhere to but a critical part of it is acknowledging that sometimes fighting is necessary and skill needs to be put into fighting in order to accomplish that necessary task.

What we DON'T want to do is take Kakara down the absolute pacifism path where any and all fighting is wrong no matter what and we should never do it. Pacifist Style where we disable our opponent while hurting them as little as possible cleaves more toward that ideal than that of the martial pacifist and ultimately sacrifices some of our ability to perform the necessary task of fighting for the sake of gentleness.

If we need to fight, we should do it right. The style we learn should go towards being as excellent a fighter as possible because if we've judged something as worth fighting over, by default it's something we've judged as something worth fighting well over. "Don't hit at all if it can be humanly avoided, but never hit softly!" - Theodore Roosevelt

Still, while beating an opponent is an absolute necessity, it doesn't mean we should go so far as to kill them. If what they're doing is so bad that it's worth stopping by fighting them, then they should be fought to be stopped, but killing them after they've stopped posing a threat is unnecessary and thus wrong. To that end, I think we should eventually take a look at the Gohan Style. Aside from Team Fighting, the only thing it penalises is dense concentration ki projections which is alright for us because those kinds of projections are pretty much all designed to kill or at least grievously wound (the Special Beam Cannon and Destructo Disc most notably). Gohan was a martial pacifist like we're aiming to be and his style reflects that.

Last edited:
Voting is open
Back