Danmachi: Ouroboros, Or How It's Not Wrong To Send Madmen In The Dungeon [Riot Quest]

Created at
Index progress
Ongoing
Watchers
Recent readers

Danmachi: Ouroboros
How It's Not Wrong To Send Madmen Into The Dungeon!

Familia: Ouroboros -...
The Madness Begins

shadenight123

Ten books I have published. More await!
Danmachi: Ouroboros
How It's Not Wrong To Send Madmen Into The Dungeon!
Familia: Ouroboros - The Snake That Eats Its Tail [Cause Its Yummy].
Familia God: Ophis-chan, The [Kuudere] Infinite Dragon-God.

Familia Master: Shade, The Leader of Madness. [He needs Hugs]

Familia Members: [List Updated on 31/05 20:34 Italian Time]

Void – Level 1 – Time Is Relative
Alephias – Level 1 – Time Is Relative
Aleon – Level 1 – Time Is Relative
Apeiron – Level 1 – Time is Relative
Levi – Level 1 – Time is Relative
Makoto – Level 1 – Time Is Relative
Jugem – Level 1 – Time Is Relative
Anon – Level 1 – Time is Relative
Richard De La Mesnardiere – Level 1 – Time is Relative

Hayate Yagami – Level 1 – The Healer that Reverts
Danarvand Crotcher – Level 1 – The Healer that Reverts
Oldman – Level 1 – The Healer That Reverts
Frost Vale – Level 1 – The Healer That Reverts
Skyt – Level 1 – The Healer That Reverts
Exter – Level 1 – The Healer That Reverts
Yuugo Kawashima – Level 1 – The Healer That Reverts
Bobby Pins – Level 1 – The Healer That Reverts
Arjhan – Level 1 – The Healer That Reverts
Kharn – Level 1 – The Healer That Reverts

Setanta Ó Catháin – Level 1 – Dragon Senses
Fefe – Level 1 – Dragon Senses
Vanestus – Level 1 – Dragon Senses
Zero – Level 1 – Dragon Senses
Moon – Level 1 – Dragon Senses
Amber Fortuna – Level 1 – Dragon Senses
Roland Delatour – Level 1 – Dragon Senses
Luna – Level 1 – Dragon Senses
Nick Stone – Level 1 – Dragon Senses
Eli Cocker – Level 1 – Dragon Senses
Vuong – Level 1 – Dragon Senses
Steve from accounting – Level 1 – Dragon Senses

Jalea – Level 1 – The Snek That Snakes
Gideon La Norme – Level 1 – The Snek That Snakes
Kaspar – Level 1 – The Snek That Snakes
Gregory Borland – Level 1 – Snek That Snakes
Liam Theros – Level 1 – The Snek That Snakes

Medhu – Level 1 – Snake Eater
Rain – Level 1 – Snake Eater

Supporters:

Tingle – Level 1 - Supporter
Frederick Van Helsing – Level 1 – Supporter
Bullvont – Level 1 – Supporter
Jaiveer – Level 1 - Supporter
Max Guercia – Level 1 – Supporter
Nervos – Level 1 – Supporter
Alfer – Level 1 – Supporter

Xenos:

Wildcat – Level 1 – Time is Relative – Xenos
Murkin – Level 1 – The Snek that Snakes – Xenos

Floors to Victory:
Familia's Deepest Floor reached in the Dungeon: 2
Number of floors to go: 98

Familia's Official Treasure Vault:

Precious Materials:
2391 Valis
17 X Minuscule Magic Stone
16 X Minor Magic Stones

Equipment:
10 X Goblin Dagger
1 X Goblin Leather Armor

Cloths:
5 X Slimy Skin
9 X Small Leather Scraps
11 X Cloth Scraps

Herbs:
10 X Minor Herb
17 X Road Weed

Ores:
17 X Small Pebbles

Monster Drops:
6 X Razor Sharp Teeth.
3 X Ant Colony Corpses
2 X Toad Eyes
15 X Slimy Toad Glands
7 X Prehensile Tongue

Familia's Main Shtick:

"So you want to join the Ouroboros Familia? Good luck kid. Listen, there are three main things you gotta know about this familia. First off, their God is strange. Second off their leader is mad. Third, their people always end up going bonkers. Some yell Praise the Sun, others gurgle about about blood and Khorne, but in the end whatever happens don't stand between them and the door to the Dungeon. They'll just...keep going at it. And that's the problem, cause usually when adventurers go fight in the dungeon and die, they stay dead. The fuckers don't. That's perhaps the one thing that makes people want to join their familia, but their God picks, and she's quite picky apparently. Doesn't matter. The rest of us are gonna go at it slow and steady...but chances are high the Ouroboros familia is going to be there, in the dungeon...doing mad stuff. So when you see them...just stay the hell away."

Ophis-chan's magical God-like powers can grab anyone from anywhere and throw them into the setting. However she doesn't like people who think they're hot stuff, or ultra-powerful beasts of doom. On the plus side, when one of them die, she just grabs another eerily similar to the one that died. Perhaps with some differences in eye color or hair color, but nobody cares about that.

Familia Strength:

[Level 1 Adventurers]: 40 Adventurers, 7 Supporters
[Level 2 Adventurers]: *Hay balls rustle*
[Level 3 Adventurers]: *Silence Falls*
[Level 4 Adventurers]: *Is that...could it be...nope*
[Level 5 Adventurers]: *Look at my field of Adventurers...it is barren*
[Level 6 Adventurers]: *I'm Mister Lonely, I am so lonely...*

Powers of the Falna Available to every member of the Ouroboros Familia:

1st Level:

Rebirth [Everyone]
(When you die, you don't really die. You just return in front of a very pissed off Leader who glares at you for having appeared while he was taking a shower, or a bath, or eating lunch, or dinner, or doing other stuff. This is because Ophis doesn't want to deal with people screaming in fear as their last memories are of dying horribly, so it's up to Leader to suffer them)

2nd Level onward: Ophis-chan hasn't bothered yet.

Powers of the Falna that must be picked by would-be Madmen (Pick only one):

1) The Healer That Reverts.
(Temporarily revert time on your body to gain a few minutes of extra-life. For when you've been disembowled but still want to finish the Raid Boss. Works only once. Second death is 'fatal'.)

2) The Snek that Snakes. (Somehow, you access your inner Snek senses more often than not. Keen senses, use your tongue rather than your eyes to see, feel heat...at the same time, the colder it is the more lethargic you feel)

3) Snake Eater. (You have a tail that grows once a day. You can eat the tail, or share the tail. It provides enough food to rest one day properly in the Dungeon for yourself and a friend. Chopping the tail hurts. You can also use the tail for other stuff. No, not *THAT* other stuff.)

4) Time is Relative. (Instead of having one action slot, you have one action slot and half. This means that you can do 'half' actions, and when you are given 'Two Action Slots' you actually have 'Three'. Time is your relative though, so expect problems in getting anywhere anytime punctually.)

5) Dragon Senses. (You like Gold! You sniff Gold! You bathe in Gold! Well, no, not really. You're just attuned to finding coins scattered around. You always get some money from a Dungeon Delve, even when you've just gone in to wave hello to the Giant Toads on the first floor. Don't ask why.)

6) Supporter (While other adventurers rank up and get bonuses, or cool stuff, you're stuck with a tiny crossbow and a large bag. Where others min-max their statistics, you stat-dump on 'Carrying Capacity'. You really should be very careful about picking this up. Though, on the plus side, you *always* end up going in the dungeon. But if you die, you lose all the stuff you were carrying. Sucks to be you.)

7) ...More to come depending on inspiration. Or, well, if you ever reach a higher level.

- Character Creation Guidelines -

"Here's how it's gonna work," Shade speaks primly with a large scroll in his hands, "You all have one scroll. You all are Adventurers level one. That means you give a plus one bonus to Choices. When you get level 2, you give a plus 2, when you're level 3, you give a plus 3. And so frigging on. Now, whether you succeed or not depends on whether I feel merciful or not. No, not really. I'm just going to throw a dice and see how it ends. HOWEVER don't you dare think it's that easy. Your vote must always have your name, you level and your main skill like this:

[X] Adventurer Level 1
[X] Supporter
[X] Mission: Catch a Fish

Understood? Now, difficulties are ever-changing and not for you to know. Of course, if it's something so moronic anyone could do it blindfolded, then I'm not going to put a 900 difficulty tag on it.

Notice that multiple people can go on the same quest. Or form parties.

Just add:

[X] Party: [Name of Party]

To your vote.

Otherwise? Otherwise you're going SOLO. First levels are easy for you SOLO folks. Later levels get progressively difficult, so you've been warned.

You also get bonuses for the Familia depending on the Omakes you write.

Your Character Insertion should be a Scroll written like this:

Background: (A couple of lines at most. Describe your quirks. Your best ability and your worst ability. Abiltiies are Power, Endurance, Dexterity, Agility, and Magic. Just put the BEST and the WORST)
Equipment: (You ain't starting with the breastplate of apocalypse. But you get to choose between Light, Medium or Heavy. One Handed/Two Handed/Bow/Crossbow and the likes. No effect in terms of mission success unless you're dealing with flying monsters)
Character Name:
Appearance:
Level One Falna Ability:
Most used sentences:

Notice:

This is a Riot Quest. You are allowed to do as you please as long as you understand that there is no real risk of losing your head/neck whatever. Keep every discussion civil and understand and acknowledge that I, as the Riot Master, have final say on anything you try to do. Let us all have fun, and let us try to get along along this mad road down to the 100th floor.

Introductory Meeting is now Over.

Ophis lounged on a large reclining chair as she took small sips from a cup filled with water. On the other side of the room, stacks of paper began to flutter around in the air as the man sitting behind it suddenly widened his eyes at a hand gesture from Ophis.

"Ophis-" he began, but it was too late.

A portal had opened, and people were coming in.

New adventurers.

Joy.

Just what he needed.

Mission Select:

[X] Get Acquainted With Ophis-chan
[X] Get Acquainted With Leader-sama
[X] Get Acquainted With the Guild
[X] Get Acquainted With the Dungeon

AUTHOR NOTE: If, say, I were to write "All those who picked option Y now have an extra time slot, or have +1 Gold Coin or whatever...then I'll trust YOU to remember it. I trust you implicitly not to force me to go back and double-check, just as I trust you to properly spend the money and whatnot. If I have to go back and check, and if I find out you've been mismanaging...then I'll fix it. And I'll do so my way."

That said...have fun~

Adhoc vote count started by shadenight123 on May 27, 2017 at 2:57 AM, finished with 133 posts and 36 votes.

Adhoc vote count started by shadenight123 on May 27, 2017 at 3:49 AM, finished with 133 posts and 36 votes.

Last edited:
[X] Void Level 1
[X] Time is Relative

Riot quests are fun

Background: Magic best, agility worse. Sometimes early, sometimes late this wizard rarely gets there when he needs to do so. Joined since they didn't care so much if he was on time or not.
Equipment: Medium Armor, One Handed
Character Name: Void
Appearance: A somewhat tall lanky guy with tanned skin and brown hair
Level One Falna Ability: Time is Relative
Most used sentences: Be on time? Hahahaha... oh you are serious...

Last edited:
Background: A thief explorer with a misguided sense of adventure being an easy money. Joined the Familia after being chased by the authorities eats up too much of his nap time and thinking that making money with Familia would allow him to nap more. Likes to nap and have sweet tooth. Best in Dexterity and Worst in Magic.
Equipment: Medium: spear
Character Name: Alephias
Appearance: An average looking guy that at a quick glance would be mistaken as a member of Takemikazuchi Familia if it wasn't for the clothing.
Level One Falna Ability: Time is Relative.
Most used sentences:
"Just five more minutes."

[X] Alephias Level 1
[X] Time is Relative

PS: no love for leadersama. :V

BEHOLD THE SLAYER OF DESPAIR. THE ANTITHESIS OF CHUNNI. THE ANTI-WAIFU.

THE GREAT AND MARVELOUS TINGLE

Background
: RACE: Human, QUIRKS: Obsessed with stories about fairies, always wears green, BEST ABILITY: Agility, WORST ABILITY: Power
Equipment: ARMOUR: Light armor, WEAPON: Crossbow
Character Name: Tingle
Appearance:
Level One Falna Ability: Supporter
Most used sentences: "Do you want to hear a story?" "Tingle, Tingle! Kooloo-Limpah!"

[X] Tingle Level 1
[X] Supporter
[X] Get Acquainted With Leader-Sama
-[X] Ask him what he knows about fairies.

Last edited:
[X] Levi Level 1
[X] Time is relative
[X] Get Acquainted With Leader Sama
-[X] Half action for making food

I smile, always, for if I don't I'll cry

Background: Bushy Tailed, wide eyed, smile dispensing machine. Best at Magic. Bad at Power. Loves to cook but inexperienced at cooking. A student who received a monkey paw, desperately hoping for the future to be a happy one.
Equipment: Light Armour, A two handed stave for magic and bashing
Character Name: Levi
Appearance: Skinny, Scrawny, black haired teen. Hazel Eyes.
Level One Falna Ability: Time is Relative
Most used sentences: "Hugs?" or <(^_^)>

Last edited:
Background:
A young girl with a deep love of cosplay and the habit of attempting to molest anyone female she gets her hands on. But only if they give permission, wouldn't mind, or are sleeping guild members; the last doesn't necessarily require the first two.

Best Stat: MAGIC
Worst Stat: ENDURANCE

Equipment
Weapon:
- A staff of yellow metal wrapped with white bandages around the upper shaft, topped with a celtic cross and spear blade.
Armour:
- Black-and-white battle jacket over a black-and-yellow minidress, with a white balmoral resting on her head. Fingerless black gloves adorn her hands, while black boots with yellow lacing are worn on her feet.
Accessories:
- None

Character Name:
Hayate Yagami

Appearance
A ten year old girl with short brown hair and blue eyes. Wears two hairpins in her hair, holding back bangs on the left side of her face - the first an X-shaped red ornament, the second a yellow one shaped like two parallel stripes in her hair.

Level One Falna Ability
The Healer That Reverts

Most Used Sentences
"Wanna try on this outfit?"

I wanna see how Shade reacts to all this.

Last edited:
I wonder if there was something strange with that coffee earlier... must be decaff.

@shadenight123 is making a new story/quest again? I think I need to have some sleep to process this.

Background: A sullen man of broad stature, Danarvand (Dan, or Danny, to his few friends) has a philosophy in combat that can be summarized to "Apply pointy end until it dies". He relies on his prodigous Strength to pierce the defenses of his foes with a mighty thrust of his spear. Raised in a very superstitious home and a witness of a spellcrafting experiment gone bad (from all the way in the next town), he is wary of Magic in its flashier forms and is averse to the thought of practicing it.
Equipment: Iron spear + Kite shield combo. Full set of leather armor. Cod piece.
Character name: Danarvand Crotcher.
Appearance: Half-dwarven man, with a stout build, close-cropped dark green hair, and a constantly dour look on his clean-shaven face.
Most used sentences: "Get to the fucking point." or "I am too sober to deal with this shit."

[X] Danarvand Level 1
[X] The Healer That Reverts.
22 Valis from Farming level 1 with 2 other people
1X Razor Sharp Teeth

Last edited:
Okay, first off, @shadenight123, you need to pay attention to this:
shade

shade

wat r y doin

stahp
Secondly Shade, you do realize that Danmachi falna thingies doesn't really work like that, right? And then there's also that bits about Gods having a shit ton of restrictions as well to have their own shitty fun, so I swear to every one of them in existence, if you ever got to butcher the Danmachi system I actually enjoy not being fucked over, I will end your pathetic fictional life.

Err, fictionally speaking that is.

Just don't do this, Shade! Whatever it is you're thinking of doing... don't do it!

Wahahahaha!

I have no idea what is Danmachi and how to properly participate!

Dammit Shade, now I have to start researching!

[X] Oldman Level 1
[X] The Healer That Reverts
[X] Party: The Beatsticks

Background: Probably cannon fodder, but at least he might be quality cannon fodder. Charges into battle with a big smile. Best Stat is Power and Worst is Magic.
Equipment: Light armor (that's what a breastplate and only a single elbow guard counts as, right?) and a two handed greatsword.
Character Name: Oldman
Appearance:
The standard familia clothes, plus a breastplate and an elbow guard on his left arm.
He also wears...crocs.
He looks old but can work like anyone else.
Level One Falna Ability: The Healer That Reverts
Most used sentences: "Shut up! Crocs are for badasses!", "It's begining to look a lot like murder ♪", "I am loving this shit!"

Last edited:
Background: A young adventurer who joined the Familia because it was the first one that piqued his interest. BEST: Power. WORST: Magic. Likes money, and thinks that money is what can be used to make most people happy. Isn't above stealing from other Adventurers.
Equipment: Medium Armor. Two-handed spear.
Character Name: Setanta Ó Catháin.
Appearance: A tall man with light brown hair set tied in a ponytail, and a blue bandanna tied around his head. Brown pants and black boots cover his lower body, while his upper body is clothed in a simple t-shirt and metal armor over it, and armor-plated gloves cover his hands.
Level One Falna Ability: Dragon Senses
Most used sentences: Money and hate make the world go around.

[X]Setanta Ó Catháin. Level 1
[X]Dragon Senses
[X]Get Acquainted With Ophis-chan

Okay, try over:
[X] Background: Snake obsession, BEST Endurance WORST Power
[X] Equipment: Light armor, Flail
[X] Character Name: Medhu
[X] Appearance: Average height, skinny girl with long green hair.
[X] Level One Falna Ability: Snake Eater
[X] Most used sentences: Hiss

[X] Medhu Level 1
[X] Snake Eater

Like so?

Last edited:
[X] Frost Level 1
[X]The Healer That Reverts.
[X] Get Acquainted With the Dungeon
[X] Party:The Beatsticks.

Background
: Born in a small village, only just large enough to have its own blacksmith, frost one day got into an argument with some other boys that lived in the village, One punch accidentally cracked one of the other boy's skull, as punishment he was exiled from the village. his only memento is a small knife that he keeps in his boot at all times. Battle Maniac and in love with the feeling of his hammer crushing bone, metal and flesh. Not so much a fan of the red stuff that he gets covered in though. BEST at Power WORST at magic
Equipment: a very Large hammer. Light armor. Knife kept in his boot
Character Name: Frost vale
Appearance:
Hair. Brown and relatively short, kept a little spiked in the front.
Eyes: Greenish, Bloodshot.
Tall but relatively thin for his height, he looks a bit like a scarecrow, with his limbs being a little thinner than they should be at his height and a little longer. Relatively calm up until a fight, in which case his face takes on a crazed looking grin as he begins to swing his massive hammer around.
wears Just a vest and a pair of cargo pants when he goes to the dungeon to minimize the clothes that get stained by blood, his or otherwise. His clothes used to be gray long ago, but right now they are both brownish red, stained with dried blood to such a point that the very threads are covered in impossible to remove gore.
Level One Falna Ability: The Healer That Reverts.
Most used sentences: When fighting. "Turn to Paste!!", After a fight. "EWW I'm Covered in That Red sticky stuff Again", "What do you mean It's impractical! Unrealistic! I'll SHOW You, Watch THIS!!"

IS this alright? meant as a bit of a glass cannon. Big hammer that hurts quite a bit when it hits. light armor so that he is still relatively fast with the big slab of metal he's swinging around and healer to ensure that he can get a big Hit in.

Last edited:
Gideon La Norme (Not French)
Description: Human male, 6' 1", Brown hair, about 28 years old. (Birth date not certain)

Background: A Human from a classical fantasy city called Waterdeep who worked as a city guard. When a mysterious portal opened up in the cities main square the city guard cordoned it off. After drawing straws Gideon had to go through the portal to investigate.

Gideon was actually considering going on an adventure for fame and fortune (as well as to find a girl) but wanted to prepare for the thing first.

Gideon is normally calm and collected but like most city guards is prone to boats of sarcastic venom when confronted by extreme situations. He is also Lawful Good.

Was a follower of Saint Cuthbert. May come up in the future.

[X] City Guard Level 1
[X] The Snek that Snakes
[X] Equipment. Heavy Armor. Basic chain mail with a low quality breastplate as well as a shoulder guard. Wears a red taberd of Waterdeep.. Armed with a basic crossbow, spear and shield. Has a helmet.
[X] Most used sentences: "By Saint C.. er. By Ophis!", "Halt! I mean... stop that!", "That has to be illegal!", "I need a drink."

[X] Mission: Get Acquainted with the Guild (After picking myself up. I tripped on the non-physical portal edge.)

EDIT: Added most used sentences.

Last edited:
Back