(D&D 5e) Darkness Rising (Full)

@Vagabond422
AC to hit the half-orc?

1st swing: 11+5=16
2nd swing: 7+5=12

Rolling with advantage to hit (On your 1st turn during combat, advantage on attack rolls against creatures that haven't acted yet.)
2 attacks (Underdark Scout: On 1st round of combat if you use the Attack action, you can make one additional attack.)
One hit on the first swing and you drop him, you can edit your post to reflect that or I can handle it in an update.

@Connersmish @loneangel @MrGazzer
Is it alright for me to assume that you all bug out of the camp and make your way back to the Manor? Tie this little adventure up in one post.

Sure, I'm fine with that. Though I'll take the opportunity to ask that if this the area where the moon blossom Urisandoral needed are, or there is anywhere else on route back, would there be time to safely grab some along the way?
It would save me delaying things at a later date so Sindri could go flower picking xD

Sure, I'm fine with that. Though I'll take the opportunity to ask that if this the area where the moon blossom Urisandoral needed are, or there is anywhere else on route back, would there be time to safely grab some along the way?
It would save me delaying things at a later date so Sindri could go flower picking xD
Roll a nature check for on the way back because you're pretty sure that the Moon Blossom wouldn't grow in the Burntwood.

At least nobody (on our side) died. This is already a better outcome than one of the other campaigns I play in.

I wonder if any mercenaries will take the insane shouting to heart and desert before the assault happens.

I really don't know what I'd run if Almira died. As a precious cinnamon roll, she must be protected.

Maybe the kensei monk I talked to Vagabond about way back, or something else, maybe...

Sindri Art Work 2.0 (Color)

Got around to updating Sindri, and had my first attempt at colour. It's fine, I think? I wish I could of gotten it darker/lighter in certain sections, but I'm limited in what I can do with colour by my weird way of shading.
At least it's an improvement on the last version xD

Also woo! level 3! I was set on going Assassin, but after picking up Xanathar's guide I'm thinking of maybe picking something else. Guess I'll have to make up my mind before the next long rest!

Got around to updating Sindri, and had my first attempt at colour. It's fine, I think? I wish I could of gotten it darker/lighter in certain sections, but I'm limited in what I can do with colour by my weird way of shading.
At least it's an improvement on the last version xD

Also woo! level 3! I was set on going Assassin, but after picking up Xanathar's guide I'm thinking of maybe picking something else. Guess I'll have to make up my mind before the next long rest!
Artwork is way beyond my own non-existent skills!

And lots of Rogue archetypes that could fit your backstory! Which one will it be?!?!

Artwork is way beyond my own non-existent skills!

And lots of Rogue archetypes that could fit your backstory! Which one will it be?!?!

Thanks :D and all the archetypes seem interesting so I could probably have fun playing any, but the standout ones for me right now are Assassin, Thief, Arcane Trickster, Mastermind and Scout. So, nearly all of them lol.

@Vagabond422 , mind answering a few questions to help me whittle down the choices? :lol

1.) Do you have a rough idea of what level we can expect to reach? the rogue subclass jumps are quite high at 3, 9, 13 and 17 so knowing what I could realistically get from each would help a lot.

2.) If I picked it, would it be ok to change a couple of the Mastermind proficiency's from forgery kit and 1 gaming set into poisoners kit and painters supplies? (poison seems more Drow-like, and the idea of potentially attempting to actually draw something when Sindri does entertains me lol)

3.) More of a rule of cool thing for me than a subclass dealbreaker but, I noticed that with a few of the archetypes even more things become available as a bonus action, pretty much making dual wielding redundant. Since Rogues start with longsword proficiency, later on down the road would there be a chance of finding/forging one with the 'finesse' property? (there is the sunblade, but I can foresee issues arising with a name like that xD) Perhaps something like an oakeshott type xviiib, a long handle + slender blade, could fit?

4.) Does learning a new tool take the 250 days and gold like in the PHB, or do you have your own system?

Thanks!

Thanks :D and all the archetypes seem interesting so I could probably have fun playing any, but the standout ones for me right now are Assassin, Thief, Arcane Trickster, Mastermind and Scout. So, nearly all of them lol.

@Vagabond422 , mind answering a few questions to help me whittle down the choices? :lol

1.) Do you have a rough idea of what level we can expect to reach? the rogue subclass jumps are quite high at 3, 9, 13 and 17 so knowing what I could realistically get from each would help a lot.

2.) If I picked it, would it be ok to change a couple of the Mastermind proficiency's from forgery kit and 1 gaming set into poisoners kit and painters supplies? (poison seems more Drow-like, and the idea of potentially attempting to actually draw something when Sindri does entertains me lol)

3.) More of a rule of cool thing for me than a subclass dealbreaker but, I noticed that with a few of the archetypes even more things become available as a bonus action, pretty much making dual wielding redundant. Since Rogues start with longsword proficiency, later on down the road would there be a chance of finding/forging one with the 'finesse' property? (there is the sunblade, but I can foresee issues arising with a name like that xD) Perhaps something like an oakeshott type xviiib, a long handle + slender blade, could fit?

4.) Does learning a new tool take the 250 days and gold like in the PHB, or do you have your own system?

Thanks!
1. I'm going to try and get you guys to Level 20, I don't have the path all laid out but, I would like to try and get you guys up to that level.

2.I'd say if you're going poison kit just stick with assassin. I personally see the Mastermind as a schemer than a blade in the darkness. They are the kind of people that order the poison, not make it themselves. Assassins on the other hand are the blade sent out by the Masterminds, they would make the poison in the field and adjust it to their target and the Mastermind's wishes. Just how I see the two subclasses. I would let you swap out Disguise Kit from the Bonus Proficiencies in Assassin for Painter's Kit

3. I would say just get a hold of a rapier 1d8, finesse, one-handed (but not light), and Rogues (and all drow) are proficient in their use. It is not versatile but, you do enough damage with sneak attack that the one die class higher isn't that much of a difference.

4. Yes, and you need a teacher to do so. I do have special rules for intra-party training (basically one party member training another) the basics of it is that it takes twice as long but, costs no gold.

1. I'm going to try and get you guys to Level 20, I don't have the path all laid out but, I would like to try and get you guys up to that level.

2.I'd say if you're going poison kit just stick with assassin. I personally see the Mastermind as a schemer than a blade in the darkness. They are the kind of people that order the poison, not make it themselves. Assassins on the other hand are the blade sent out by the Masterminds, they would make the poison in the field and adjust it to their target and the Mastermind's wishes. Just how I see the two subclasses. I would let you swap out Disguise Kit from the Bonus Proficiencies in Assassin for Painter's Kit

3. I would say just get a hold of a rapier 1d8, finesse, one-handed (but not light), and Rogues (and all drow) are proficient in their use. It is not versatile but, you do enough damage with sneak attack that the one die class higher isn't that much of a difference.

4. Yes, and you need a teacher to do so. I do have special rules for intra-party training (basically one party member training another) the basics of it is that it takes twice as long but, costs no gold.

Ok cool, that helped a bunch. Narrowed it down to two now :)
Time to go find a coin to flip xD

Yes this is happening right after the others arrived back at the Manor. Hopefully Valerian, Quiz, Sindri, or Leri will inform Ira and Almira of the conversation in the morning or the Laird will tell them about it at breakfast.

It would be nice if the rest of you remember us before you set off on your next big adventure :cry:

Almira is probably destroyed by her very first hangover.

The only memory

Post later tonight. Thoughts: cult is a serious threat yes. But disappointed that we won't be here to crush the mercenaries (and get loot)!

@DannyboyZero Going fine, have a weekend to myself to get some writing done on various things I'm in. I'm currently waiting to see if @loneangel has anything more to add. The next post will keep the group in the study.

(Don't worry loneangel, I know you've got finals and other RL stuff you've got time.)

So I'm fine, how are you?

Back