Completed Quest Catalogue

Status
Not open for further replies.
As Vocalend is no longer in charge of this thread, I shall contribute by updating this catalogue.
We apologize for the delays. We shall update all your quests into the main posts' catalogues shortly.

Have you checked to make sure they are all complete because from what I remember @LordPanther14 's dungeon keeper quest went on Hiatus and was never finished It's a good quest, but I don't consider the quest complete.

The QM considered it a completed quest so I figured it would count.

I'd consider it a dead story that was never finished rather than a completed story. The story was almost perfect for a book one ending but it just stopped right before the finish line rather than tied up the last points needed for the end.

It's fine to keep it in but maybe mention it's the first book in a dead trilogy.

Last edited:
The 32 Entries of the past two years have now been added to the Catalogue. We look forward to your comments and eagerly await new submissions.

EDIT: Included new entry
forums.sufficientvelocity.com

A Night So Deep-(A Supernatural Alt-History Quest Set in the Balkans) Mature

The Glory of the Roman Empire shall be reignited! From these humble beginnings, the fire has been lit!
9/8/2022

Further goals is to include entry template for both coding and user convenience.

Last edited:
looks through the list of completed quests

I think I recall a couple of quests by @AnonymousRabbit that were completed around last year, but it's not on the list.

Fate/Blackened Sugar Fantasy - Modern

You are a disgraced loser of the previous War but you aim to overcome the trials of this Liar's Grail War. With your Ninja sidekick (Servant) by your side, embark on a journey of murder, murder and more murder! This is Fate/Blackened Sugar

Puella Flamme Henshin Karen (A PMMM Quest)

Don't forget. Always, somewhere stories are penned in the Hopes of others. As long as you remember this, your War rages on.

EDIT:
I should probably mention, Fate/Blackened Sugar is a sequel to Fate/White Parmesan, while Puella Flamme Henshin Karen is a sequel to Puella Magi Falsus Magica. Both those prequels are already in the completed list so don't worry about those two.

Last edited:
looks through the list of completed quests

I think I recall a couple of quests by @AnonymousRabbit that were completed around last year, but it's not on the list.

Fate/Blackened Sugar Fantasy - Modern

You are a disgraced loser of the previous War but you aim to overcome the trials of this Liar's Grail War. With your Ninja sidekick (Servant) by your side, embark on a journey of murder, murder and more murder! This is Fate/Blackened Sugar

Puella Flamme Henshin Karen (A PMMM Quest)

Don't forget. Always, somewhere stories are penned in the Hopes of others. As long as you remember this, your War rages on.

EDIT:
I should probably mention, Fate/Blackened Sugar is a sequel to Fate/White Parmesan, while Puella Flamme Henshin Karen is a sequel to Puella Magi Falsus Magica. Both those prequels are already in the completed list so don't worry about those two.
Included, thank you.

Major thanks for getting the go-ahead to submit these completed quests for the thread. I've completed four quests since I started running on SV in May of 2021, and love that there's a catalog for sharing completed works here! Thanks for taking the time and effort to put this together. I've tried to format this as conveniently as possible.

Catalyst Quest: Light Sentence

Synopsis: The year is 606, and in your home— the country of Corcaea— the souls of mankind belong to demons.

A phenomenon known as the "Catalyst" is what's to blame. This diabolical phenomenon lurks within every man, woman, and child. It can turn any human into a demon, if they fall prey to one, all-consuming element. It can be anything. Fear. Grief. Generosity. Even love.

In a land where Gods are real and Corcaea's theocracy is the last hope for mankind, you follow in the footsteps of Father Richard Anscham: a troubled young priest, the leader of the Church of Mercy, and the foremost researcher of the Catalyst. Protect one of the last bastions of humanity from an enemy within. Search for the cure. Conquer your personal demons.

Author's Note: After nearly two years of questing on another site, I took my first plunge into SV with Light Sentence. The structure of this massive epic is similar to series like "Harry Potter," where each book is a separate entity, and stands on their own despite being part of the same world as previous installments. I took great pains to try and make the story as accessible to new readers as possible— not only in the opening posts, but in every post!

Now, adjusting to the substantially slower pacing on SV (compared to what I was used to writing) led to substantial build up at the start of the thread. Since then, those chapters have been separated into an Interlude, under the "Side Stories" tab. These 11 chapters of growing pains might be endearing for some readers, but if all of that history isn't up your alley, I recommend that you just read through the main threadmarks. Light Sentence is still quite beefy, and you won't find the thread lacking in written, drawn, or musical content. There is also a rhythm to the events quite early on, thanks to a really satisfying structure to the MC's schedule that I was unable to employ in any other book up to this point! The rest of Light Sentence is an absolute rollercoaster, and truly is the climax of events in this series' capital city.

It is of the utmost importance to me to provide a memorable and engaging experience for all of my readers and voters. There is a perceived high barrier to entry for Catalyst Quest, which in combination with being an original quest with a slow start, extremely high stakes, permanent consequences for actions, a glut of mature subjects dealt with, and a very bizarre anti-hero, leads to it having very modest user participation. This all is intentional, however. Not only does this enable me to truly look at every single vote and make EVERY single write-in matter, but looking past appearances is the name of the game in a story all about overcoming personal demons. I hope you give this quest a try, and have just as much fun reading it as I had writing it!
Catalyst Quest: Wild Growth

Synopsis: The year is 606, and in your home— the country of Corcaea— the souls of mankind belong to demons.

A phenomenon known as the "Catalyst" is what's to blame. This diabolical phenomenon lurks within every man, woman, and child. It can turn any human into a demon, if they fall prey to one, all-consuming element. It can be anything. Fear. Grief. Generosity. Even love.

In a land where Gods are real and Corcaea's theocracy is the last hope for mankind, you follow in the footsteps of Father Richard Anscham: a troubled young priest, the leader of the Church of Mercy, and the foremost researcher of the Catalyst. Do more than simply survive in the forests of your home. Search for the cure. Conquer your personal demons.

Author's Note: This remains my favorite "book" in all of Catalyst Quest. The structure of this massive epic is similar to series like "Harry Potter," where each "book" is a separate entity, and stands on their own despite being part of the same world as previous installments.

We start the story with a new party composition, and launch right into a series of misadventures in demon-infested wilderness. These serial events all tie into one another, and the forward momentum of the party is like a wrecking ball as they carve their way towards their time-stressed destination, which is inconveniently on the other side of the nation. The hits just do not stop coming, as each village and location visited in this quest has its own, self-contained, incredibly insane misadventure.

A large quantity of the events in this quest were inspired by night terrors that I have had. There are ample content warnings, and mature themes are a constant throughout all of my quests, but this one really leaned into the horror elements. It was important to me to explore these concepts and themes with the readers, and to try and find (as always) what this content meant to them. I also really took every measure I could to try and make the character-based horror as understandable for new readers as possible, while dialing into the fears of long-time readers and voters, too.

It's not just thanks to the AMAZING voters and write-ins we received that this book was so memorable! I put my heart and soul into the art and writing for this thread, having gotten far more comfortable with running on SV thanks to Light Sentence, and I feel that this is absolutely my strongest work in terms of pacing and structure. It really can't be said enough how much work I put into trying to make these quests as accessible for new readers as I can. There are some kinks in the nitty gritty of the writing, as I've been hard at work writing daily for nearly a year since Wild Growth, but I am still enormously pleased with the quest's setting, characters, and all of the stakes that were raised during its run. I hope you enjoy!
Catalyst Quest: Death Defiant and Catalyst Quest: Panacea

In a land where Gods are real and Corcaea's theocracy is the last hope for mankind, you follow in the footsteps of Father Richard Anscham: a troubled young priest, the leader of the Church of Mercy, and the foremost researcher of the Catalyst. Find your lost family. Learn to heal. Search for the cure. Conquer your personal demons.

Author's Note: These two quests have been merged into one thread, as the location that they are set in is essentially the same, but the core cast dramatically changes, and the story arcs of each one are VERY distinct. In short, the structure of this massive epic is similar to series like "Harry Potter," where each book is a separate entity, and stands on their own despite being part of the same world as previous installments.

Despite being a mystery first and foremost, Death Defiant has a blistering pace once it gets going. Stick through the first 10 chapters or so, which is a slow burn intentionally. The cast is MASSIVE and the introduction to the key players also introduces the main elements of the mystery, the setting, the main characters, and a ton of fun shit that I wouldn't want to spoil. It's also jam-packed with original art, hand-picked music, and a LOT of action once the ball gets rolling! The climax is utterly insane, and I still can't believe that I went through with how things panned out, but I wouldn't change any of it for the world.

It's difficult to talk about Catalyst Quest: Panacea without major spoilers for Death Defiant, so I'm going to keep this brief! It is the most relaxed and comfy thread in the entirety of Catalyst Quest. The incredibly well-deserved, chill, borderline slice-of-life style of writing that I took with this book is a love-it-or-hate-it kind of thing. Long-time readers DESPERATELY needed this lengthy reprieve, which does not skimp on important details. A colossal amount of lore and character development rests in this quest, as well as many incredibly wholesome moments for characters who rarely have a second to breathe. If you enjoy some peace, quiet, and a lot lighter tone, this is the thread for you!

Catalyst Quest will continue from here, though I am currently on a hiatus to work on my video game that is based off of the first book of the first quest in the series. I believe that the ending to Panacea was incredibly satisfying, and have received a lot of praise from the readers and voters who stuck it through to the end, as well as from many who just dropped in to see what the chaos was about in the last few chapters. I absolutely applaud you if you take the time to enjoy these monsters of threads, thank you so much for taking the time to read this author's note, and I hope you enjoy!

Edit: Formatted to be even easier to read.

Last edited:
Major thanks for getting the go-ahead to submit these completed quests for the thread. I've completed four quests since I started running on SV in August of 2021, and love that there's a catalog for sharing completed works here! Thanks for taking the time and effort to put this together. I've tried to format this as conveniently as possible.

In a land where Gods are real and Corcaea's theocracy is the last hope for mankind, you follow in the footsteps of Father Richard Anscham: a troubled young priest, the leader of the Church of Mercy, and the foremost researcher of the Catalyst. Protect one of the last bastions of humanity from an enemy within. Search for the cure. Conquer your personal demons.

Author's Note: After nearly two years of questing on another site, I took my first plunge into SV with Light Sentence. The structure of this massive epic is similar to series like "Harry Potter," where each book is a separate entity, and stands on their own despite being part of the same world as previous installments. I took great pains to try and make the story as accessible to new readers as possible— not only in the opening posts, but in every post!

Now, adjusting to the substantially slower pacing on SV (compared to what I was used to writing) led to substantial build up at the start of the thread. Since then, those chapters have been separated into an Interlude, under the "Side Stories" tab. These 11 chapters of growing pains might be endearing for some readers, but if all of that history isn't up your alley, I recommend that you just read through the main threadmarks. Light Sentence is still quite beefy, and you won't find the thread lacking in written, drawn, or musical content. There is also a rhythm to the events quite early on, thanks to a really satisfying structure to the MC's schedule that I was unable to employ in any other book up to this point! The rest of Light Sentence is an absolute rollercoaster, and truly is the climax of events in this series' capital city.

It is of the utmost importance to me to provide a memorable and engaging experience for all of my readers and voters. There is a perceived high barrier to entry for Catalyst Quest, which in combination with being an original quest with a slow start, extremely high stakes, permanent consequences for actions, a glut of mature subjects dealt with, and a very bizarre anti-hero, leads to it having very modest user participation. This all is intentional, however. Not only does this enable me to truly look at every single vote and make EVERY single write-in matter, but looking past appearances is the name of the game in a story all about overcoming personal demons. I hope you give this quest a try, and have just as much fun reading it as I had writing it!

In a land where Gods are real and Corcaea's theocracy is the last hope for mankind, you follow in the footsteps of Father Richard Anscham: a troubled young priest, the leader of the Church of Mercy, and the foremost researcher of the Catalyst. Do more than simply survive in the forests of your home. Search for the cure. Conquer your personal demons.

Author's Note: This remains my favorite "book" in all of Catalyst Quest. The structure of this massive epic is similar to series like "Harry Potter," where each "book" is a separate entity, and stands on their own despite being part of the same world as previous installments.

We start the story with a new party composition, and launch right into a series of misadventures in demon-infested wilderness. These serial events all tie into one another, and the forward momentum of the party is like a wrecking ball as they carve their way towards their time-stressed destination, which is inconveniently on the other side of the nation. The hits just do not stop coming, as each village and location visited in this quest has its own, self-contained, incredibly insane misadventure.

A large quantity of the events in this quest were inspired by night terrors that I have had. There are ample content warnings, and mature themes are a constant throughout all of my quests, but this one really leaned into the horror elements. It was important to me to explore these concepts and themes with the readers, and to try and find (as always) what this content meant to them. I also really took every measure I could to try and make the character-based horror as understandable for new readers as possible, while dialing into the fears of long-time readers and voters, too.

It's not just thanks to the AMAZING voters and write-ins we received that this book was so memorable! I put my heart and soul into the art and writing for this thread, having gotten far more comfortable with running on SV thanks to Light Sentence, and I feel that this is absolutely my strongest work in terms of pacing and structure. It really can't be said enough how much work I put into trying to make these quests as accessible for new readers as I can. There are some kinks in the nitty gritty of the writing, as I've been hard at work writing daily for nearly a year since Wild Growth, but I am still enormously pleased with the quest's setting, characters, and all of the stakes that were raised during its run. I hope you enjoy!

In a land where Gods are real and Corcaea's theocracy is the last hope for mankind, you follow in the footsteps of Father Richard Anscham: a troubled young priest, the leader of the Church of Mercy, and the foremost researcher of the Catalyst. Find your lost family. Learn to heal. Search for the cure. Conquer your personal demons.

Author's Note: These two quests have been merged into one thread, as the location that they are set in is essentially the same, but the core cast dramatically changes, and the story arcs of each one are VERY distinct. In short, the structure of this massive epic is similar to series like "Harry Potter," where each book is a separate entity, and stands on their own despite being part of the same world as previous installments.

Despite being a mystery first and foremost, Death Defiant has a blistering pace once it gets going. Stick through the first 10 chapters or so, which is a slow burn intentionally. The cast is MASSIVE and the introduction to the key players also introduces the main elements of the mystery, the setting, the main characters, and a ton of fun shit that I wouldn't want to spoil. It's also jam-packed with original art, hand-picked music, and a LOT of action once the ball gets rolling! The climax is utterly insane, and I still can't believe that I went through with how things panned out, but I wouldn't change any of it for the world.

It's difficult to talk about Catalyst Quest: Panacea without major spoilers for Death Defiant, so I'm going to keep this brief! It is the most relaxed and comfy thread in the entirety of Catalyst Quest. The incredibly well-deserved, chill, borderline slice-of-life style of writing that I took with this book is a love-it-or-hate-it kind of thing. Long-time readers DESPERATELY needed this lengthy reprieve, which does not skimp on important details. A colossal amount of lore and character development rests in this quest, as well as many incredibly wholesome moments for characters who rarely have a second to breathe. If you enjoy some peace, quiet, and a lot lighter tone, this is the thread for you!

Catalyst Quest will continue from here, though I am currently on a hiatus to work on my video game that is based off of the first book of the first quest in the series. I believe that the ending to Panacea was incredibly satisfying, and have received a lot of praise from the readers and voters who stuck it through to the end, as well as from many who just dropped in to see what the chaos was about in the last few chapters. I absolutely applaud you if you take the time to enjoy these monsters of threads, thank you so much for taking the time to read this author's note, and I hope you enjoy!

Edit: Formatted to be even easier to read.
Added to the catalogue. Thank you so much for writing and submitting this to us!

@SVS
Summary requested
Hey.

So, first of all, I'd like to point out that there are actually two relevant threads for mine; there's the original, which was operated by me but which was actually owned by someone else - the short version is, the previous owner asked me if I wanted to take over for them - and then there's the second thread I moved to when not being the owner of my own thread caused more problems than it was worth to keep using the original thread. So rather than using the one link you currently have up, I would ask that you use this link for Part 1, because this is where I restarted the story after control passed to me, and this link for Parts 2 and 3. If you would, please. I know, it's messy and clunky and not ideal, but it is the way it is.

Second, a requested summary.
"Akemi Homura's constant resetting of the clock has done more than just add to the karmic weight of Kaname Madoka's soul. It has upset the very balance of the World itself. As the World's best man for the job, the heroic spirit EMIYA is once again tasked with being the Archer servant of a teenage girl meddling in forces far beyond her comprehension, in the hope that this repetition will be the last.

If only things were that easy. Archer's presence in the timeline has caused its own unforeseen ripples, and now the unwilling pair must learn to work together to defeat new enemies, gain the trust of new allies, and maybe, just maybe, find a way to fix themselves in the process. This is going to be a most unusual timeline indeed."

Hey.

So, first of all, I'd like to point out that there are actually two relevant threads for mine; there's the original, which was operated by me but which was actually owned by someone else - the short version is, the previous owner asked me if I wanted to take over for them - and then there's the second thread I moved to when not being the owner of my own thread caused more problems than it was worth to keep using the original thread. So rather than using the one link you currently have up, I would ask that you use this link for Part 1, because this is where I restarted the story after control passed to me, and this link for Parts 2 and 3. If you would, please. I know, it's messy and clunky and not ideal, but it is the way it is.

Second, a requested summary.
"Akemi Homura's constant resetting of the clock has done more than just add to the karmic weight of Kaname Madoka's soul. It has upset the very balance of the World itself. As the World's best man for the job, the heroic spirit EMIYA is once again tasked with being the Archer servant of a teenage girl meddling in forces far beyond her comprehension, in the hope that this repetition will be the last.

If only things were that easy. Archer's presence in the timeline has caused its own unforeseen ripples, and now the unwilling pair must learn to work together to defeat new enemies, gain the trust of new allies, and maybe, just maybe, find a way to fix themselves in the process. This is going to be a most unusual timeline indeed."
And done, thank you very much!

EDIT: Sorry for the catalogue, going under maintenance. And my incompetence.

On Angel's Wings - (Oh My Goddess) Mature - Fantasy - Modern
, by​
@Erien
Would appreciate author's notes if possible.

Last edited:
And done, thank you very much!

EDIT: Sorry for the catalogue, going under maintenance. And my incompetence.

On Angel's Wings - (Oh My Goddess) Mature - Fantasy - Modern
, by
@Erien
Would appreciate author's notes if possible.
"The story of a man cursed and left beyond, and a goddess outcast. Forced together not by will, but by fate. Their journey will both them them far away from where they belong or wish to be. To take care of a child, and to live a life guided on angel's wings."

Springtime of Nations: A German Republic Quest

This quest is complete, even if I ran it a little too long and took it past its logical ending. It's the only quest I've ever completed, and I feel pretty good about getting it that far.

Author's notes: Please enjoy my five-month spiral into madness. I've had multiple people tell me that this quest helped them better understand their own politics, which I think qualifies it as genuinely life-changing. It was a blast to run and every time someone suggests that I do a sequel I get full-blown war flashbacks. I'm glad I did it, but the money would have to be incredible to get me to do anything like it again.

Information: We Now Have A New Thread
we now have a new thread
For ease of maintenance, and as this catalogue has been inactive for a while, we have a new thread managed by the wonderful @Wind-Up Citrus as part of the Content Promotion team. It has shiny new categories for ease of use in finding works from particular franchises, and we plan to keep adding to and improving it. And big thanks to @Vocalend for their hard work in getting this catalogue started, which is now looking forward to many happy years to come.

The new thread is here.

As we have a new thread, this one will now be locked, and has been moved to the Quests Archive for posterity.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back