Come for the Raifus, Stay for the Plot: Girls' Frontline - Baking Time

ARBITRACOM

Sic transit gloria mundi
Been a long time coming.

Girls' Frontline is approaching its English release with a closed beta. As of the writing of this thread the closed beta has closed its registration, but pre-registration for the general release is still open.

Use the following link to pre-register:

Girl Frontline Preregistration is underway!

Girls' Frontline is a mobile strategy game featuring female androids (T-dolls or Tactical Dolls), each individually associated with historical and modern firearms. It is set in the 2060s, setting the player as a newly minted Commander (shiki-kan) of the Grifon-Kryuger private military corporation, pitted against the rogue megacorporation Sangvis Ferri.

Mankind's first contact with Collapse and Counter-Collapse technology could be traced back to exploration of unknown lifeforms in 1905. People believed that such technology could completely revolutionize the world, but remained oblivious to its specific purpose...

Until 2030, when a series of events (known as the First Beilan Island Incident) triggered by a few middle-schoolers' misadventures caused a large-scale leakage of Collapse fluid, the essential material of this technology. Since then, mankind finally realized what Collapse actually entailed...

Cities were vaporized instantly. Populations in the surrounding area also plunged due to radiation infection. Unprecedented catastrophe spread like wilfdire, until eventually, it reached a critical point. In 2045, amidst the strife for unpolluted land and food sources - mankind's most innocent and barbaric motive for anything - World War III broke out.

The world was further devastated after the war. Order and civilization were all but extinct, and sovereignties could no longer ensure the safety of their people. Meanwhile, mechanical technology had seen many breakthroughs due to the war, introducing Tactical Dolls to mankind.

T-Dolls look no different from regular human girls, but possess mechanical bodies far superior to those of human beings. Beneath their convincing charade of emotional display, they are essentially cheap life that could be made with nothing but money and resources.

Still, they are much more dependable than most human beings in such troubled times, not just because of their incredible efficiency in executing orders, but also because of their pure souls, which dissentients brush off as "mere programs".

To follow the trend, private military contractors using T-Dolls as their main force began to emerge. As a tactical commander of Grifon Military Contractor, you shall lead our T-Dolls into areas where chaos and lawlessness reign, enforce the security of human beings, and uncover the truth behind the war.

Previously, the game had only been available in Chinese, Korean, Japanese only. I've been playing in the Chinese version for two years now. I can definitely recommend this game as one of the best of its kind, with good semi-cyberpunk science fiction story, music, and design, tactical gameplay. No gameplay-affecting items are paywalled, premium currency can be obtained by completing missions and through weekly login rewards. That said, it is grindy.

The story is the definite strongpoint of the game, elevating it above its competitors. It encompasses a predecessor game, Codename Bakery Girl, and is quite extensive.

Story - Girls' Frontline Wiki

Lore - Girls' Frontline Wiki

Some example of designs and rarities in the game. One of the other nice things about this game is that lower-rarity Dolls are not necessarily useless, and it is perfectly possible to stick with them to high levels.

There are six classes of guns in the game: Submachine guns and shotguns - dodge tanks and armour tanks, respectively; assault rifles - sustainable DPS; snipers - long-range attackers; machine guns - very high burst DPS; and handguns - support buffers.

General Dynamics Lightweight Medium Machine Gun.

Taurus MT-9 Submachine Gun. A monthly login reward.

IWI Tavor-21 Assault Rifle.

Mossberg M590 Shotgun.

Thompson Submachinegun.

Last edited:
The translators and the devs is hard at work. Maybe if we lucky, we can get ourselves a close release date. But for now, just enjoy and look around the CBT phase, i guess.

As a note to potential future players: while this is a mobile game, I highly recommend playing it on an emulator simply for the convenience and performance, since the game can be quite involving at times.

Huh, this kind of looks like Kancolle meets Advance Wars.

Hell, I'll give it a shot (pun not actually intended).

Just to clarify, despite the OBT title, yes you actually going to keep your progress when the actual release is happened.

Just for those who feared that their data gonna be deleted like the previous CBT.

I used to play this on the KR server, but I lost interest after Area 9 opened and the app got too heavy for my phone to handle.
But I am, for some reason, getting hyped for the NA release.

This looks interesting, I will be trying it out.
I just hope the don't decide to kill emulators like Grand order did.

Is there something special that needs to be done in order to get this running on Bluestacks?

I've installed it but it seems to crash after a very short time.

Hmmm.

FWIW, I'm running the Chinese version on Nox and it did not crash significantly often there.

It's rather odd because the app seems to be running fine. On one occasion, it started updating before crashing, which makes me wonder if it's a problem on my end. I think I'll spend some more time looking into it and then switch over to another emulator if I don't get the right results.

Edit:

Ended up switching from Bluestacks to Nox. Seems to be running fine here. Thank you for your help.

Last edited:
Check up your events tab, under "7-day Frontline Supplies" on the left side, be sure to click through to day 2 to receive M2HB.

Friend ID
This post is to serve as a directory for all friend IDs. Share yours and I'll add it to this post (tag me to ensure I don't miss it).

• DRAJASENAEN 9805
  • Zelinko 11137
  • Iksander 13863
  • Guessy 18161
  • EmpirePlayer 14080
  • Superbus 4810
  • Hisame 22670
  • JackHansan 30458
  • Alastor Mobius Thoth 17299
  • Sighted 38622
  • Sanders 34506
  • Cieva 38020
  • Cirinia 46817
  • AWACSU731 25388
  • Cornuthaum 50535
  • MiracleGrow 527
  • Aklyon 64434
  • Outyis 91860
  • RiotSkunk 61460
  • Xyzarach 127484
  • RyvenRazgriz 165170
  • Nai0 164472
  • CGL 169234
  • Magichands333 162782
  • Kokurokoki 191895
  • Mizu 238482
  • Cybercat 240354
  • JackalPup 242547
  • PMercurous 255624
  • Novus Ordo Mundi 274954
  • Melchiorgk 293325
  • Khona 295203
  • Harouki 51411
  • Ivan the Not-so-Terrible 340523
  • skaianDestiny 337801
  • OctaviaYouth 381687
  • Zhead 371381
  • Mathematicae 368837
  • Nyvis 388289
  • Arcus 353900
  • MilitaryAaa 383751
  • Technocrat99 385397
  • Probably An Oreo 284624
  • Hristofor 437570
  • SleepyLime 359348
  • VoidZero 436213
  • Harbaughtone 447692
  • Kaazmiz 527416
  • 1986ctcel 526520
  • Frost Flame 260632
  • Absum 569508
  • Cessali 557067
  • Kelenas 658736
  • Izzzick 559031
  • Flameal15k 892647
  • Metasomnia 758188
  • Mechasaurian 287561
  • Lockess 1297408
  • Alhadid 1394282

Last edited:
Where do I find my ID number? I'd check the English wiki but it's getting hammered at the moment.

How to defeat Stage 1 Boss: Don't, just bumrush an echelon down the southern route to their command post.

...Really wasn't expecting to get away with that.

Yeah. Capping is enough to win a map.

But you should get some experience fighting bosses. Some later maps need you to go through the boss to reach the enemy Base.

Out of curiosity, should I have T-Dolls under construction at all times? Also, should I be allocating the resources in any particular pattern?

Back