Combine the last two games you played

Herald of Havoc and Sid Meier's Alpha Centauri? I don't think that works very well, what with SMAC being a high-concept 4X game and Herald of Havoc being an FPS with a minimal plot and maximum violence.

Herald of Havoc and Sid Meier's Alpha Centauri? I don't think that works very well, what with SMAC being a high-concept 4X game and Herald of Havoc being an FPS with a minimal plot and maximum violence.
Hey, if I can combine Stellaris and Jupiter Hell, I'm sure there's something we can do with that pair.

I mean. The spartan federation's right there. So's literal pirates and permanently at-war aliens, among other things. If you want to set an FPS with minimal plot and maximum violence in the SMAC setting, you got plenty of space for it.

Street Fighter 6 and CrossCode.

Honestly, I think SF6's World Tour mode is pretty close already.

Oh hey, I thought I was the only one playing Herald of Havoc! It's pretty fun but seems to be basically unknown lol.
Yeah. It's a pretty small game. I went from episode one to the final boss in under three hours, and I'm pretty slow. After five hours and change, I have about seventy percent of the Achievements. Don't think I'll go for 100, that's not usually my thing.

I mean. The spartan federation's right there. So's literal pirates and permanently at-war aliens, among other things. If you want to set an FPS with minimal plot and maximum violence in the SMAC setting, you got plenty of space for it.
...eh, you have a point. 🤷‍♂️

Anyway, Herald of Havoc crossed with SMAC. You're an elite soldier in the United Nations Peacekeeping Corps battling, say, the Spartans, the Hive, or the Pirates. You've got some extra special augmentations and a prototype battlesuit to help you out, which explains why you can blast through entire companies of guys and carry an entire armory on your person. I'd think you'd start with an Impact Rifle as your reliable mainstay, upgrade to a Plasma Shard Launcher as your rocket launcher equivalent, step up with a Graviton Gun as your plasma rifle equivalent, and finish off with a String Disruptor as the BFG. You'd have to invent one or two shotguns to fill out the armory, but that shouldn't be too hard. A variant of the Fusion Laser to make a meltagun, anyone? And a flamethrower, of course.

The fight starts with you blasting through common grunts in body armour, escalates with hard-fighting elites in power suits, then they start bringing in choppers or hovertanks as minibosses, mind worms and psychics as a more exotic threat, teleporting ninjas with guns sneaking around taking potshots at you, the Locusts of Chiron as a setpiece boss fight, Gravships as late game threats, and storming the enemy's headquarters and blowing up their primary command center as the climax.

Alternatively, reveal that the only reason you're fighting is that the Manifold Usurpers want to rule Chiron and pitted you against each other, and have the final boss be Judah Marr in an up-gunned Battle Ogre mk3, and once it breaks down he jumps out of the wreckage to take you on himself. Actually, that sounds kind of rad. You know what, maybe it could work.

Rimworld + Palworld...

I'm pretty sure that's just Rimworld + whatever Pokemon mod you want, really?

Rain World + Helldivers 2 = A nice reprieve from the awful, perpetual struggle... of Rain World.

Look at them, they're having such a great time. There's so much food, and hardly any bone-crushing torrential downpour!

Rain World + Helldivers 2 = A nice reprieve from the awful, perpetual struggle... of Rain World.

Look at them, they're having such a great time. There's so much food, and hardly any bone-crushing torrential downpour!
Given the method of insertion and it's frequent consequences, one might even say they've progressed from avoiding the bone-crushing torrential downpour... to becoming the bone-crushing torrential downpour.

Helldivers + Cyberpunk 2077.

With access to a cyberdeck, I can hack my Guard Dog Rover to be actually friendly instead of shooting me in the fucking head while aiming at the ground near a terminid.

Alternatively, unleashing a high-speed airdash sword combo on enemy infantry, causing their jetpack to explode and kill me instantly.

Total Warhammer 3 and the Zephon demo. So... Warhammer with a procedurally generated map? So basically just Total War: Age of Sigmar? I don't know much about that setting, but it might be interesting.

Fire Emblem 7 and Stellaris. Ngl, I can totally see a FE-style SRPG set in the Stellaris universe happening. Just from my last campaign, I would love to see a recreation of the Siege of New Kurdistan with the Free Solar Confederation defending against the Highborn Dominion.

Back