[X] Challenger. ("I'll Never Submit" - you've sworn to fight back against the so-called "trainers" who try to capture unwilling Pokemon.)

[X] Sniper. ("I Hate Cages" - you hate traps, and make a point of destroying every one of those infernal 'Pokeball' devices you lay eyes on.)

you know what will probebly happen at some point.

if this was the pokemon anime at some point in the story one of the people we prank will be a trainer with a stubborn streak. they will go back to the city ask around and find out about us. they will decide right there that they will catch us. the following episode is their attempts to capture us through multiple forrays into the forest while we prank them and escape everytime untill at the end of the episode where 1 of 3 things will happen. 1 they outsmart us somehow and we fall into their trap for once and they capture us. 2 he saves us from something and we decide to join him. 3 he doesn't manage to capture us but we have taken a liking to him so have decided to follow him around on his journey pranking him and those around him along the way

you know what will probebly happen at some point.

if this was the pokemon anime at some point in the story one of the people we prank will be a trainer with a stubborn streak. they will go back to the city ask around and find out about us. they will decide right there that they will catch us. the following episode is their attempts to capture us through multiple forrays into the forest while we prank them and escape everytime untill at the end of the episode where 1 of 3 things will happen. 1 they outsmart us somehow and we fall into their trap for once and they capture us. 2 he saves us from something and we decide to join him. 3 he doesn't manage to capture us but we have taken a liking to him so have decided to follow him around on his journey pranking him and those around him along the way
Could happen if this was the pokemon anime, though given this being Aleph writing things and it being many decades after gen three that's mostly out the window. Given our wonderful goblin's opinions on things I don't expect 1, 2 or 3 to happen any time soon (if at all) since she's way more likely to just make a buuuuuuuuuuunch of trainers absolutely hate her and give up on catching her/Viridian Forest.

Could happen if this was the pokemon anime, though given this being Aleph writing things and it being many decades after gen three that's mostly out the window. Given our wonderful goblin's opinions on things I don't expect 1, 2 or 3 to happen any time soon (if at all) since she's way more likely to just make a buuuuuuuuuuunch of trainers absolutely hate her and give up on catching her/Viridian Forest.
there is a reason i said if this was the pokemon anime. it just feels like the perfect setup for either a subplot for a sidecharacter or for a pokemon Ash would catch

God. I forgot how much of a troll season 1 Pikachu could be.

Honorable mention goes to Oak.

Last edited:
@Aleph is it possible to gain more than four moves, or are you sticking with that conceit?

@Aleph is it possible to gain more than four moves, or are you sticking with that conceit?
Currently undecided. Certainly you'll have a core set of four to five moves that you use with any regularity, with old tricks fading to the back of your arsenal in favour of newly developed ones as you choose (though in appropriate situations you may be able to bring out an old weapon and put it to new use or a niche it's perfectly suited for).

An Electric Tail (Pikachu Quest) Fan Art!
Trickster Pichu
Oh my god I have fanart this is amazing holy shit so cool. I love her expression; she is very clearly plotting mischief and/or vengeance (this is admittedly her usual state of being). And yowch, those scars. Poor Trixie. You can see why she's holding a grudge.

If anyone wants to do any for Pikachu-Trixie, I am more than willing to provide references (which I think are mostly just that her ear-tip pattern is more like Pikachutwo's than a standard Pikachu's, since she kept the inward black points of a Pichu when she evolved - besides that; arm, tail and ear notch and evil smirk as you have there).

Last edited:
Oh my god I have fanart this is amazing holy shit so cool. I love her expression; she is very clearly plotting mischief and/or vengeance (this is admittedly her usual state of being). And yowch, those scars. Poor Trixie. You can see why she's holding a grudge.

If anyone wants to do any for Pikachu-Trixie, I am more than willing to provide references (which I think are mostly just that her ear-tip pattern is more like Pikachutwo's than a standard Pikachu's, since she kept the inward black points of a Pichu when she evolved - besides that; arm, tail and ear notch and evil smirk as you have there).
could you threadmark the fan art under media? that way we can keep track of where any fanart is while the quest progresses.

Here you are @Aleph

The most villainous Pikachu to ever stalk the woods!
Eeee, I love it! Especially that stance, heheh. That is very much a gloating stance that she's using up in some tree out of reach, looking down on whoever she's most recently tormented. Somehow, the cuteness of her laugh combined with the malevolence of her expression only makes it more humiliating to be subjected to.

(Although as a side note, Trixie doesn't actually sit upright on her hindlegs very often. She'll do it when she's eating, and when she has something she needs to use her forepaws for like setting traps, because she has the cultural inheritance from her grandpa, who taught her mother about the usefulness of hands, which got added to her pack's knowledge. But for the most part she'll revert to all fours as soon as she's done, because she's way faster like that and it makes it easier to suddenly bolt if she's attacked or someone throws a Pokeball at her. She doesn't waddle around upright, because she was born wild and has been wild all her life and so never got into the habit of imitating how humans walk bipedally. So, uh. In other words she's basically like a raccoon, with how they're normally quadrapeds but will use their hands when they need to.)

(She is also like a raccoon in that she is a horrible little shameless gremlin who is entirely too clever by half.)

Chapter 2 is at 2400 words and will go up sometime tomorrow. I hope you all like electrifying tales of human suffering, because you have turned a tiny remorseless monster loose on the somewhat-innocent trainers of Viridian Forest.

Back