Advertising Banners for critique and improvement

Do you have a subtitle or some other blurb of description in mind to help grab the viewer's attention? Just the title doesn't convey much.

Hm, well, after a few tries I can't seem to manage something that fits what you want. Perhaps one of the other people who watch this thread will be able to help you, but I don't think I will.

So I whipped up something in Photobucket. How's this? I think it might be a little big, but it's essentially what I'm shooting for.

So I whipped up something in Photobucket. How's this? I think it might be a little big, but it's essentially what I'm shooting for.

A few suggestions:
- Center the title more
- Space out the letters of the title so it's both more like something carved in rock in ancient Rome, and to simply take up more space
-Possibly under and/or overline it so the letters will be more noticeable, or color or something to make it stand out more
-Make the subtitle somewhat bigger, and possibly bright red or purple (but only if you don't make the other letters colored, you want one set black for contrast, preferably this set)

I would do it myself, but this is a new laptop without photoshop.

A few suggestions:
- Center the title more
- Space out the letters of the title so it's both more like something carved in rock in ancient Rome, and to simply take up more space
-Possibly under and/or overline it so the letters will be more noticeable, or color or something to make it stand out more
-Make the subtitle somewhat bigger, and possibly bright red or purple (but only if you don't make the other letters colored, you want one set black for contrast, preferably this set)

I would do it myself, but this is a new laptop without photoshop.
It's also the wrong size.
Banners on SV need to be 650x70.
the right half is very empty, lots of wasted space. something to fill it up might be a good idea.

How's this?

EDIT:

Made one with an underline, too.

Apologies if these aren't the best, I made them in Powerpoint.

Last edited:
Made one with an underline, too.

Apologies if these aren't the best, I made them in Powerpoint.
I like this one more.

Just need to lower the RES PVUBLICA a little, and make it darker so it'll pop out more. I found a decent image editor online (Pixlr editor) so I did that for you.
Might have made it slightly too dark...meh.

Besides that, maybe make the subtitle more bold.

I like this one more.

Just need to lower the RES PVUBLICA a little, and make it darker so it'll pop out more. I found a decent image editor online (Pixlr editor) so I did that for you.

This looks great, actually. Mind if I use it for the finished product? Might submit tonight.

This looks great, actually. Mind if I use it for the finished product? Might submit tonight.
I like this one more.

Well, crud. Both images are 'too large'. Filesize is 35kb.

How do I fix that?

Converting it to a .JPG considerably lowers it's quality, but it's 10 KB now:

.PNG (84 KB):

.JPG (10 KB):

I know you may not want such horrific compression and loss of quality, but it's an option.

Personally, I use Xnview. It's a free image viewer with a lot of neat dumb features like resizing, cropping, converting formats, stitching images together, and mass converts.

Last edited:
Back