Advertising Banners for critique and improvement

It looks really nice IMO, the text is a tad hard to read though. Perhaps try a different colour like green, white, grey, black or pale blue?
Also the main title line isn't really in the vertical center of the beam, so dropping it about ?10?px would make it look a lot more even.

Adjusted the text color, applied some blur to the beam so it would look less pixellated at the curve, and tried to center the text a bit more.

What @Dessard said. Title itself is fine, might want to experiment with different fonts for the subtitle. You could also try darkening tge background a bit, give a better contrast brtween it and the text.

So I need a banner made for the exalted quest in my signature.

I'd request like, a cool magitech spear and mask helmet laid next to a dark blindfold, possibly on a stylized map, with the words exalted quest on it.

I'll take advisement if that'll look right though, I'm not much of an artist.

So I need a banner made for the exalted quest in my signature.

I'd request like, a cool magitech spear and mask helmet laid next to a dark blindfold, possibly on a stylized map, with the words exalted quest on it.

I'll take advisement if that'll look right though, I'm not much of an artist.
Banners have limited space to work in, so it's important not to go too detail heavy. Which of those elements is most important to conveying the themes of your quest and why someone should be interested in it?

Banners have limited space to work in, so it's important not to go too detail heavy. Which of those elements is most important to conveying the themes of your quest and why someone should be interested in it?

The spear and the mask are super important cause they represent the main characters. I figure the sun is also a very important element, and can be fairly easily backgrounded.

So, just checking in, is someone doing this or should I make other arrangements?
oddly enough, I was just about to come inform you that I don't think I'll be able to do it. Too much complexity, not enough space, requires assets that I straight up don't have, etc.

Hmm...I'm not a subscriber yet, so I can't join the internal advertisement system. I decided to make a thread banner on a whim to see if I had the right idea of how to make one.

First of all, I would like to note that this is definitely not something I would submit, even if I could.

I have my own complaints, such as the Font being pretty crappy and pixelated on top of that, for some reason. Even ignoring that, the banner itself is unusable, as there are images that I don't have the rights to, but I've used them here to express the layout I had in mind.

Ignoring the two points I just mentioned (as I know both the font itself and the design of the tarot cards won't do) what do you think?

Hmm...I'm not a subscriber yet, so I can't join the internal advertisement system. I decided to make a thread banner on a whim to see if I had the right idea of how to make one.

First of all, I would like to note that this is definitely not something I would submit, even if I could.

I have my own complaints, such as the Font being pretty crappy and pixelated on top of that, for some reason. Even ignoring that, the banner itself is unusable, as there are images that I don't have the rights to, but I've used them here to express the layout I had in mind.

Ignoring the two points I just mentioned (as I know both the font itself and the design of the tarot cards won't do) what do you think?
Honestly, aside from the font issue it looks quite good.

The floating/falling tarot cards caoncept is pretty neat. I suggest lightly blurring the cards at the back, so there's a foreground/background illusion.

I would also suggest using two font styles. One for the title, and another clear sans serif font for the text on the left, so it's easier to read.

The tagline is okay, useable even. But kinda generic, since it's practically the theme of every Adventure in existence (Shit's dangerous, but I'mma do it anyway :V ).

This thread seems dead/slow, but I was wondering if I could find someone willing to whip up a banner for a Rome-themed Quest I'm making? I was considering throwing one together in Photobucket, but I want something significantly better-looking than what my meager skills can cobble together.

Not a lot of people can even use the banner system, and those that do don't seem to community outsource much.

Well, do you have more details on what, specifically, you want from the banner? "Rome themed" is pretty broad.

Well, I whipped up an image to serve as the quest's title:

I made it using a font I grabbed off the internet, and if at all possible, it would be cool to incorporate it into the banner. I was thinking it could be pretty simple, with the title on a background of cracked marble to evoke an 'ancient' feel.

Something like this, for example.

Well, I whipped up an image to serve as the quest's title:

I made it using a font I grabbed off the internet, and if at all possible, it would be cool to incorporate it into the banner. I was thinking it could be pretty simple, with the title on a background of cracked marble to evoke an 'ancient' feel.

Something like this, for example.
Where's the font from? Because remember, all elements in banners have to be open for commercial use.

Back