Acolyte - Worm/Warhammer 40k

Terror - sorry, I don't have a link. I'm trying to find it again, myself. If I do, I'll post it.

Basically, it featured a Taylor who kept powering up like a Gamer, but the consensus of ... Well... US, in the back of her mind helped her choose. And she had to choose fast, because once she reached a certain power level, Scion would notice her and immediately begin Golden Morning.

Terror - sorry, I don't have a link. I'm trying to find it again, myself. If I do, I'll post it.

Basically, it featured a Taylor who kept powering up like a Gamer, but the consensus of ... Well... US, in the back of her mind helped her choose. And she had to choose fast, because once she reached a certain power level, Scion would notice her and immediately begin Golden Morning.

Cool. Remember anything about the fic's name? Might help you in remembering where you found it.

HA! My search engine Fu is strong!

It's "Communication - A Worm Quest" over on SB in the Role playing and Quests section.

Now if I can just figure out how to cut & paste on a bloody tablet...

Link

Huzzah!

Oh of course not silly mortal, everyone knows Slanesh is the god/goddess of ROCK AND ROLL! (INSERT GUTAUR RIFF HERE).
Ironically enough, Dubstep is the official music of Slaneesh, if only because Gork and Mork already claimed Rock and Roll.

That and Death Metal. Slaneesh loves itself some Death Metal.

But it is not the official music, since it's too close to Power Metal, which is claimed by the Emperor's Good Boys Grey Wolves. No one fucks with the GWs and their weekend ritual power smash. No one.

I always figured extra tone would be more their style. It's needlessly fast and has lots of noise that's hard to explain

I'm just waiting for Tzeentch to go full Keikaku. I'm happy we're getting some noise marine on our road to total Tzeentchdom though.

In Another's Mind Or, You Can Keep Your Mask On
This finally got through pre-approval:

Omake:
In Another's Mind
Or,
You Can Keep Your Mask On

"So," said Acolyte, as they hopped up onto the roof of the building across the street from Fugly Bob's, "can you keep a secret?"

Sophia grinned, though she knew Acolyte wouldn't be able to see it under her mask. "Sure. You payed for lunch; I owe you one."

"No, can you really keep a secret? Like, about my powers?"

She blinked at that. Acolyte was serious. "PRT regs say I have to report that sort of thing..."

"But?" prompted Acolyte.

"But fuck 'em. Say what you like; they aren't going to hear shit from me."

Acolyte gave her a look, unreadable behind her face-covering darkness, then nodded sharply and lead them off across the rooftops, away from the Boardwalk, talking as she went. "I have four... let's call them 'major powers'. Each one can do a bunch of different, related things; also, each one has a theme and gets stronger the more I act according to that theme."

Sophia whistled. "So your powers actually get stronger, like, permanently? That's awesome."

"Yeah, they are. So, the first power is the one that makes me stronger and let me do that trick with the bat. The theme on that one is battle; it gets stronger when I fight, especially if I use my battle cry."

Sophia shivered at the memory that brought up, of the raw, primal power she had felt at that moment. She only resisted the urge to close her eyes and recall it as they hopped to another roof.

"The second power is the one that let me make those walls. It's theme is planning and trickery; I get more of it if I out-think people, come up with plans, that sort of thing."

She nodded, then noticed her companion had stopped. Acolyte had lead the two of them to the roof of what seemed to be an abandoned warehouse in the docks. Sophia looked around, realizing no one could see them up here, as Acolyte continued to speak.

"The third was the one that healed me after the fight; it has the theme of decay - tearing down the old and stagnant, decomposing the dead to make room for new life."

Suddenly, Sophia realized that the PRT would kill to hear this - and would kill her if they learned she'd known it and never told them. She turned back to Acolyte to tell her that, but her breath caught in her throat as she found herself face-to-face with the girl and her protest died unspoken.

"The fourth one is the one that let me make those illusions of Armsmaster and Miss Militia."

When had Acolyte gotten so close? When had she removed her mask of darkness? Had Sophia's costume always been this warm? "A-and it's theme?" she stammered out.

"Hedonism," answered Acolyte breathily.

Sophia's breathing was ragged as Acolyte leaned in towards her, hands already about her waist.

"You can keep your mask on..." came the whisper in her ear.

Sophia shot bolt upright in her bed. What had- there was... a dream? Something involving Acolyte and a lunch date?

She fumbled for her clock and groaned at the hour it showed. She didn't think she was going to be able to get back to sleep. Not after... that... whatever it was.

Though... for some reason, she wasn't sure if she minded.

Last edited:
This finally got through pre-approval:

Omake:
In Another's Mind
Or,
You Can Keep Your Mask On

"So," said Acolyte, as they hopped up onto the roof of the building across the street from Fugly Bob's, "can you keep a secret?"

Sophia grinned, though she knew Acolyte wouldn't be able to see it under her mask. "Sure. You payed for lunch; I owe you one."

"No, can you really keep a secret? Like, about my powers?"

She blinked at that. Acolyte was serious. "PRT regs say I have to report that sort of thing..."

"But?" prompted Acolyte.

"But fuck 'em. Say what you like; they aren't going to hear shit from me."

Acolyte gave her a look, unreadable behind her face-covering darkness, then nodded sharply and lead them off across the rooftops, away from the Boardwalk, talking as she went. "I have four... let's call them 'major powers'. Each one can do a bunch of different, related things; also, each one has a theme and gets stronger the more I act according to that theme."

Sophia whistled. "So your powers actually get stronger, like, permanently? That's awesome."

"Yeah, they are. So, the first power is the one that makes me stronger and let me do that trick with the bat. The theme on that one is battle; it gets stronger when I fight, especially if I use my battle cry."

Sophia shivered at the memory that brought up, of the raw, primal power she had felt at that moment. She only resisted the urge to close her eyes and recall it as they hopped to another roof.

"The second power is the one that let me make those walls. It's theme is planning and trickery; I get more of it if I out-think people, come up with plans, that sort of thing."

She nodded, then noticed her companion had stopped. Acolyte had lead the two of them to the roof of what seemed to be an abandoned warehouse in the docks. Sophia looked around, realizing no one could see them up here, as Acolyte continued to speak.

"The third was the one that healed me after the fight; it has the theme of decay - tearing down the old and stagnant, decomposing the dead to make room for new life."

Suddenly, Sophia realized that the PRT would kill to hear this - and would kill her if they learned she'd known it and never told them. She turned back to Acolyte to tell her that, but her breath caught in her throat as she found herself face-to-face with the girl and her protest died unspoken.

"The fourth one is the one that let me make those illusions of Armsmaster and Miss Militia."

When had Acolyte gotten so close? When had she removed her mask of darkness? Had Sophia's costume always been this warm? "A-and it's theme?" she stammered out.

"Hedonism," answered Acolyte breathily.

Sophia's breathing was ragged as Acolyte leaned in towards her, hands already about her waist.

"You can keep your mask on..." came the whisper in her ear.

Sophia shot bolt upright in her bed. What had- there was... a dream? Something involving Acolyte and a lunch date?

She fumbled for her clock and groaned at the hour it showed. She didn't think she was going to be able to get back to sleep. Not after... that... whatever it was.

Though... for some reason, she wasn't sure if she minded.
:oops:
That was amazing!

You guys know, of course, that the deeper Taylor draws on the four powers, the more she'll fall under the sway of their drives.
Which means that Sophia will not be enough for her for very long, given Slaanesh.

For the record: Grandfather Nurgle is best god. But all of them are good.

You guys know, of course, that the deeper Taylor draws on the four powers, the more she'll fall under the sway of their drives.
Which means that Sophia will not be enough for her for very long, given Slaanesh.

For the record: Grandfather Nurgle is best god. But all of them are good.

You do realise this Slaanesh is mod-friendly and more concerned with other types of sensations, right?

You do realise this Slaanesh is mod-friendly and more concerned with other types of sensations, right?
Yes, I know. That's exactly the side the author is exploring, as he in no uncertain terms told us. Why are you quoting me, though?
Uh, did you read the last chapter? He said he's going to use innuendo and fade-to-black, not that Slaanesh wouldn't want to do anything mod-unfriendly.

Back