I think its more the fact that the Seeker was originally designed and used to hunt down escaped slaves. Not exactly a well liked aspect of him in a city like Braavos.

I can't think of anyone that would recognize it though? And even if they did, well it's been ages and Viserys could bluff it off. Plus I don't think the Valyrian version of Seeker came with Fiendish wings, so...

I can't think of anyone that would recognize it though? And even if they did, well it's been ages and Viserys could bluff it off. Plus I don't think the Valyrian version of Seeker came with Fiendish wings, so...
The merc in Lys could recognize him despite the hood and cloak. It seemed as if storys about seekers are the essosi equivalent of white walker horror-storys.
The blood red wings make him just look more demonic and evil.

[X] Yes
-[X] Names and sleeping places of the other agents.
[X] Travel back to Sweetsprings with all groupmembers you can gather now.
-[X] You, Daenarys and the Seeker fly to the orphanage ahead of the group
--[X] Have the Seeker use a disguise ribbon to camouflage itself in the dark.

[X] Yes

[X] Yes

[X] Yes

[X] Yes

We really need to get Lya to level 6, but she probably won't get much XP from this.
So next, it's obviously time to send her into that swamp alone for that sweet XP. :cool:

Part CDLXXXI: A Spark of Crimson
A Spark of Crimson

Fourth Day of the Third Month 291 AC

Glyra willingly gives up the names and sleeping spots of the other lesser fey, likely thinking it a grand jest. Looking at the little gremlin, bouncing from foot to foot before you, your blood chills. To you it is but a pest, its form frail, its magic weak, but to the children and staff as Sweetsspring, its five fellows might as well be the greatest of demons. Wasting no time you call out your plan, that all ho can still fly: yourself Dany and the seeker should go ahead while the others should follow by boat as swiftly as they can. You can see the dreadful fear in Vee's eyes for her charges, those she thought to ward from the dangers of the world now in dreadful danger. She looks directly at the weirwood and whispers something under he breath, the first time you have heard her pray. You can only hope it does not go unanswered.

With Dany close behind you fly through the house to the Seeker's "room," a storage space he shares with all of your treasures magical and mundane that his unsleaping gaze may ever be upon it. At your command the servitor strides forth, divesting itself of its concealing cloak to reveal its blood red fiendish wings. Striking to be sure, but... You command it to glamor them black, the better to hide against the night sky.

Thunder rumbles in from the sea as you take to the air at last. You can see Dany yearns to outrun the lower servitor on her quicksilver wings. "Can't the two of us fly ahead?" she begs.

Though it pains you do do so you answer no. You cannot afford to leave the Seeker unsupervised flying above Braavos. Should it by some mischance spot a mage you did not already command to leave be it would fulfill its grisly purpose upon the poor unfortunate...

***​

Swiftly by any ordinary measure, but far too slow for you all the same the grey-roofed shape of Sweetpsting materialized out of the drizzle before you. You feel a chill that you known has naught to do with the cold. You are not sure what hidden instinct or stroke of fortune caused you your eyes to pass over the stone above the window you sought, but there in the shadows you spy a spark of crimson.. no two. Gem-like eyes glittering like drops of frozen blood set in a barely seen cruelty beautiful face peering out of the stone. No mortal phantasm this but a twisted fey, the the devourer of hope and fear, a most exquisite torment those ancient wyrms who fancied themselves artists of the mind sometimes inflicted on their more troublesome captives.

What do you do?

[] Attack the creature with fire

[] Try to reason with it (Very hard Bluff DC)
-[] Write in argument

[] Write in

OOC: I don't know who has been offering sacrifice to the Dice Gods but they obviously looked upon it with favor. Viserys with a spot bonus of 6 rolled higher than the joystealer with a hide bonus of 16

Last edited:
[X] Attack the creature with fire

If this is something ancient dragons thought to be a good torture, then kill it with fire is definitly appropriate.

[X] Try to reason with it (Very hard Bluff DC)
-[X] If you want to eat some joy without me trying to kll you, go to someplace else. I know of a place that might suit you actually.

Normally I would suggest some kind of murder, but since it hasn't killed anyone we care about, I say we try to sic it on the Lannisters. Besides, if it doesn't work we can alway resort to killing it after talking.

-[X] Order Danny to take the Seeker and go to the orphanage as fast as possible

Time is of the essence we cannot be distracted right now

[X] Try to reason with it (Very hard Bluff DC)
-[X] If you want to eat some joy without me trying to kll you, go to someplace else. I know of a place that might suit you actually.

We should milk Bless of Dice Gods while the offering is accepted!

Unless someone has a very good argument to get the thing talking, I support the notion to deploy our normal means of conflict resolution.

In case you are wondering the Joystealer is why the children thought the hag caused nightmares. It attacked them at night. I have been rolling for him to attack one of the PCs but it has not happened

In case you are wondering the Joystealer is why the children thought the hag caused nightmares. It attacked them at night. I have been rolling for him to attack one of the PCs but it has not happened
Guys, we may be better with surrounding the building and burning it with all the occupants.
I have feeling there's not a real kid in there but various fey lurking around by night.

Get stabbed in the back by his own bodyguard while screaming ineffectually?

Not gonna lie, Dad is a pretty shitty example of what to do and not to do. Big Bro might be a better one (as long as it isn't relationship advice) but Dad sure as hell aint. Went down like a total bitch.
Then ask yourself instead what great-great-...-Grandma Tiamat would do.

I think listening to daddys advice, while a rather moronic idea, is still much better then listening to grandma.
She would just rip the guy apart, tear any relevant infos out of his soul and then go on to burn the swamp to the ground. And maybe parts of Braavos while she is at it.

I think listening to daddys advice, while a rather moronic idea, is still much better then listening to grandma.
She would just rip the guy apart, tear any relevant infos out of his soul and then go on to burn the swamp to the ground. And maybe parts of Braavos while she is at it.
We work on smaller scale, but killing that guy, getting all relevant info from the fey we captured and then go to burn down the relevant part of the swamp is pretty much my plan.

We should really get the Greater Bloodline before that though. Another Fire-themed enemy who should learn that beforre our flames his resistance is useless.

We work on smaller scale, but killing that guy, getting all relevant info from the fey we captured and then go to burn down the relevant part of the swamp is pretty much my plan.
If you phrase it like that, this really sounds like what I was planning too. Just the part about poaching his minions once the guy is medium-rare to well-done is missing.

We should really get the Greater Bloodline before that though. Another Fire-themed enemy who should learn that beforre our flames his resistance is useless.
Which reminds me of this thought I had the last time we talked about Searing:

*Lya enters the living room. Viserys sits at a table and stares at a lit candle. Richard is watching him.*
Lya: What is he doing?
Richard: Trying to set the candle flame on fire.
Lya: You mean to light the candle? But it's already lit.
Richard: No, not the candle. He wants to set the flame itself on fire.
Lya: ... And you are worried about his odd behaviour?
Richard: Not really. By his standards, which are admittedly rather low, this is perfectly normal. I'm just worried that he succeeds.

Back