are you slightly colorblind ...?
Yeh, pretty much.
Thought we established that ever since I drew Oathkeeper with green flames while thinking them Yellow all the way? :V

My color blindness is mostly that I have real difficulty seeing which color is which if they are put near one-another and not on contextually halping stuff like Sun (yellow) or grass (green? Usually green).
Green-yellow-orange are the worst offenders.

Yeh, pretty much.
Thought we established that ever since I drew Oathkeeper with green flames while thinking them Yellow all the way? :V

My color blindness is mostly that I have real difficulty seeing which color is which if they are put near one-another and not on contextually halping stuff like Sun (yellow) or grass (green? Usually green).
I genuinely don't remember that.

Going to fix the image. Give me a bit.

Not inaccurate, though Golden Grove should likely be Yellow/Green. I realize the map isn't fully accurate to the territory controlled by particular families, and at least one of those Shield Isles should be fully green, but in general it illustrates our reach and influence in Westeros.
Going to fix that too.

Yeh, pretty much.

Green-yellow-orange are the worst offenders.

My father once spent quite a lot of time arguing with a shopkeeper who told him that the grey sneakers he wanted to buy were actually pink. Colorblind people tend to be way better at distinguishing some colors and utterly terrible at others.

He is far more likely to distinguish shades of colors than me, yet he will point to a car and say that itnis either dark blue or dark green. (No, I'm not colorblind, that is only inherited from women with the gene, it lies on the x cromosome)

That is quite a lot of red, though with Ned swearing to neutrality does that mean we don't need to worry about the areas north of The Neck?

I hope this is better:

Blue
Pink
...You are going to laugh.

Karhold being "pink" and Last Hearth being "blue" for this purpose?
I am distinguishing that one is darker than the other (a bit, at least) in shade, but beyond that... well, yeh.

Dornish March and Golden grove are the worst b/c I can't cleary see the color there, tho
Sorry

Last edited:

I am distinguishing that one is darker than the other (a bit, at least) in shade, but beyond that... well, yeh.
Oh dear, perhaps you should just tell Azel what colours to use.

Dornish March and Golden grove are the worst b/c I can't cleary see the color there, tho
Sorry
Karhold and last Hearth are right.

Dornish Marsh is Red / Blue and Golden Grove is Green / Blue.

Problem is that I'm not actually using shades. Those are all primary colors at full saturation.
Good to know that this doesn't help.

Oh dear, perhaps you should just tell Azel what colours to use.
Well, shit, I don't rightly know which, that's kinda the problem?
:V
:o

Never before I had a problem of having to label something in more than 3 colors with varying size of said labeling. No joke.
Yellow, red, blue, easy to distinguish for me.
I guess that gray also works, black and white too.
Everything else is going to have me double-guessing.
didn't really use more than these when throwing together the maps for the quest in Azel's absence, as you may notice, too.

aaaand now I feel like a hassle to deal with. :C

Last edited:

Never before I had a problem of having to label something in more than 3 colors with varying size of said labeling. No joke.

I'll just get started on my write-up. Things should get clearer then.

I have to ask you, do you know which type of colorblindness you have? You might not even be able to see color at all, and thus speaking about colors instead of shades would be pointless.

I have to ask you, do you know which type of colorblindness you have? You might not even be able to see color at all, and thus speaking about colors instead of shades would be pointless.
Nope, not a clue.
I didn't really even think about it in terms of color-blindness until posting the latest art onto the thread this winter, and a few other occasions failing to distinguish different colors IRL afterwards.
And with the situation on health-front, well, leaving the house for medical purposes kinda risks my health more than said medical purposes.
A few online-tests prove I have something, but not much beyond that.
Since we apparently patented a vaccine (press "X" to doubt) I guess I'll do it when I'm in less of a danger of fffucking dying by going into an all-out viral centre any medical facility in my city is.
Worst offender in the entirety of Russia by rates of self-isolation (or rather lack of thereof), y'all :V

Last edited:
Worst offender in the entirety of Russia by rates of self-isolation (or rather lack of thereof), y'all :V
Masks are mandatory over in these parts. Just interesting to note how fear and paranoia can lead the staunchest reactionaries into oddly enough making correct decisions, since the baseline for our government is basically to behave like an ostrich.

Nope, not a clue.
I didn't really even think about it in terms of color-blindness until posting the latest art onto the thread this winter, and a few other occasions failing to distinguish different colors IRL afterwards.
And with the situation on health-front, well, leaving the house for medical purposes kinda risks my health more than said medical purposes.
A few online-tests prove I have something, but not much beyond that.
Since we apparently patented a vaccine (press "X" to doubt) I guess I'll do it when I'm in less of a danger of fffucking dying by going into an all-out viral centre any medical facility in my city is.

Best of luck then. This shall pass (and I doubt you are at risk even), but until things become normal, stay safe.

Masks are mandatory over in these parts.
Not even a rule in our city anymore, not to mention never followed by anyone, anywhere, throughout the entirety of quarantine.
buh, why would anyone care if the statistics are blatantly made into lies and people dying from causes accentuated by covid (~70% worldwide, methinks?) aren't counted as covid-deaths? :V

Buh, this is a rough derail.

Uh.
Uuuuh.
So, how about those bioweapon plagues to poison illithids with?

Not even a rule in our city anymore, not to mention never followed by anyone, anywhere, throughout the entirety of quarantine.
buh, why would anyone care if the statistics are blatantly made into lies and people dying from causes accentuated by covid (~70% worldwide, methinks?) aren't counted as covid-deaths? :V

Buh, this is a rough derail.

Uh.
Uuuuh.
So, how about those bioweapon plagues to poison illithids with?
I still want to make an Ulitharid Staff, with an Ulitharid head on a stick for at-will Mind Blast attacks.

Westeros Invasion Plan - Proposal
I hope this is better:

Green - Targ aligned
Blue - Neutral
Pink - Likely Hostile
Red - Hostile

Overall, the around half of Westeros is ready and willing to rebel for House Targaryen when we announce so. Our biggest strongholds are Dorne (entirely loyal), the Reach (loyal with exception of the houses near the Mander), the Stormlands (loyal with a few hold-outs), the Iron Isles (likely completely loyal once Asha is crowned) and the Riverlands (eastern half entirely loyal). Contest are the North (about a quarter are loyal, another quarter sworn to neutrality), the Vale (loyalist block in the south-east and the Mountain Clans) and the Crownlands (periphery and Narrow Sea firmly loyalist). The only total loss is the Westerlands, in which we currently have no foothold.

Therefore, the first goal of the invasion should be to knock out any hold-outs in firmly loyalist territories, establish a firm front line against the Westerlands and seize important enemy areas that could serve as staging grounds. The primary targets therefor should be to seize the Mandervale, Kings Landing and reinforce our positions in the Riverlands. This immediately knocks out two hostile staging centers and fully isolates the Westerlands from potential help from the North or the Vale.

The Plan:
Pacifying the Stormlands should be done with highly mobile assets. There are only a few targets, namely the south-western Marcher Lords and the castles of Parchments and Cape Wrath. The marches are the most difficult target here, since they are well fortified against regular, ground-based warfare and will likely flip out the second they see a large force coming down from the Prices Pass. The best way to deal with them would be to station a Darkenbeast Company in the Red Mountains and when the invasion starts, they can directly start an aerial assault on the fortifications. Likewise, Cape Wrath and Parchments should be attack by one Moonchaser-class vessel each. They will simply issue an ultimatum: kneel before your rightful lord Stannis Barathon or your castle will be shot to rubble. Either way, an hour later, they can be over Kings Landing or Highgarden.

For the Reach, the best option would be to Gate two Legions to the northern part of Westmarch, then have them march along the Rose Road and occupy Highgarden with aerial support of at least one of the Moonchasers deployed in the Stormlands, and PC support as necessary to preclude Fey interference. The Darkenbeast Company is too slow to help there on the day of the invasion, but can move to support them after the Marcher Lords are dealt with. One Legion will either stay in Highgarden to occupy the Reach or march along the Oceanroad towards the Westerlands, while the other moves along the Mander to roll up any resistance by Reacher lords.

Kings Landing should be the site of our strongest attack and beside heavy PC power, should be done by directly Gating three Legions and the Praetorian Guard into the city, while the Dauntless and a contingent of Wyverns and Manticores ensures complete air superiority. If the Lannisters deployed any dragons or anti-air measures outside of their own territories, they will be here and we should bring absolutely overwhelming force to leave no doubt that whatever they bring against us is insufficient. Once the battle is over, one Legion will march south along the Rose Road to roll up potential Reacher resistance from the North, while another marches west to take the Blackwater Rush. The Kingswood and Rosby can be ignored for now, and can then be wrapped up by Stormlander and Crowlander Loyalists with aid from the Legion that will stay and occupy Kings Landing.

The Riverlands are the most complicated area and we need a strong attack here to prevent the Lannisters from leaving the Westerlands with any size able force. To this end, we Gate in one Legion to the Twins, marching immediately to take Seagard, while another is Gated to the area of Blackwood and will march against Riverrun. At the same time, a third Legion is Gated to Harrenhall and will remain there until it is clearer what the Lannisters will do. At the same time, Harrenhall will be rapidly rebuilt with Titan Tools and serve as a airbase for Wyverns and Manticores. The optimal scenario would be that a Moonchaser drops off prefabricated parts to immediately install multiple steam cannon batteries in Harrenhall to protect it against aerial assault and ensure complete security against Lannister forces.

In the Vale, we mostly need to provide aerial support. Due to the lay of the land, movement is very restricted, so air-superiority will decide the battle. At the start, the griffon knights and other slow aerial assets should gather in the mountains near Runestone before the invasion, from where they will then join the loyalist hosts. The Bloody Gate should be seized immediately on the day of the invasion, using the second Darkenbeast company. Once the area is secured and reinforcements from the Riverlands are on the way, the Darkenbeast company and a Moonchaser-class vessel will take the Eyri, then support loylists and clansmen from the air. This will likely take the shape of aerial bombardment of any gathering of Vale knights. The chivalry of the Vale will likely die in a mix of fire and shrapnel.

The North can be ignored for the most part. The North is too sparsely populated to gather a force quickly and even then, it will be much smaller then anything other regions can muster. At the same time, many important Stark banner men will not come. If, against all odds, Ned Stark manages to gather an army, we can simply wait till they reach the Neck, then destroy them in the swamps with aerial bombardment, while seizing Winterfell with forces marching from the Dreadfort.

Lastly, the Iron Isles. They should be entirely loyal to us and mainly wait and conserve their strength for the time being. If there are problems, the answer will likely be air-power, since most battles will likely be mostly on the sea. Either way, we should not focus on this area overly much.

Total Forces:
- 8 Legions
- 1 Dauntless
- 3 Moonchasers
- 2 Darkenbeast Companies
- as many Wyverns and Manticores as available

That's my proposal.

Masks are mandatory over in these parts. Just interesting to note how fear and paranoia can lead the staunchest reactionaries into oddly enough making correct decisions, since the baseline for our government is basically to behave like an ostrich.
I had to listen to a woman at Wal-Mart chiding the cashier for not wearing gloves this morning. I was standing behind her silently praying that she had enough sense to refrain from scolding me.

I'll happily wear a mask for the continued public good, but I'm not sure I have it in me to tolerate being spoken down to like a child by a stranger in a Wal-Mart of all places, especially one who looked like she was wearing rubberized gardening gloves. The cashier's patience was really impressive.

Back