Zigzagging Through Hoenn [Pokemon]

It's a very mundane ending, but that feels appropriate. Autumn Leaf is not an epic adventurer, she's an ordinary girl. And rather than try to make her into a superhero this story has her face off against mundane problems, knowing that even ordinary battles that many people go through can be emotionally fraught. It's important to have small stories sometimes. Thanks for writing this Evenstar, this is the first story of yours I've read and if you ever come back to pokemon or another franchise I'm a fan of I may show up again.

Major kudos for having a court scene that wasn't something ripped straight from Law & Order or Ace Attorney. Coming from a practicing attorney, that felt incredibly realistic… minus the speed, of course. Oh, and the judge probably should have dismissed the charges "with prejudice"… but aside from that? Yeah, good stuff!

Also nice to see a Pokéfic where most of the drama is interpersonal, as opposed to just… more biggatons of pokeymanz.

[..] it's actually finished! I didn't even think that was allowed. Congratulations!🎉
Oh, wow! Congratulations on finishing your story, and thank you for sharing it with us.
It's been a great ride.

Thanks, all. All your support (and fanart, Coshiua!) has been deeply appreciated.

Major kudos for having a court scene that wasn't something ripped straight from Law & Order or Ace Attorney. Coming from a practicing attorney, that felt incredibly realistic… minus the speed, of course. Oh, and the judge probably should have dismissed the charges "with prejudice"… but aside from that? Yeah, good stuff!

I was working from less available information on the court scenes, so it's unsurprising that I missed a procedural point like that. Getting the feel right was important to me, but being fully realistic and having the court battle take months or even years would have ruined the pacing, so I compromised a bit. I guess the pokemon universe is just better at "right to a speedy trial." :smile:

I thought the end was pretty well done. More reasonable and realistic instead of filled with drama which keeps it in character with the last few chapters. It reads smoothly.
It's a very mundane ending, but that feels appropriate. Autumn Leaf is not an epic adventurer, she's an ordinary girl. And rather than try to make her into a superhero this story has her face off against mundane problems, knowing that even ordinary battles that many people go through can be emotionally fraught. It's important to have small stories sometimes. Thanks for writing this Evenstar, this is the first story of yours I've read and if you ever come back to pokemon or another franchise I'm a fan of I may show up again.
Also nice to see a Pokéfic where most of the drama is interpersonal, as opposed to just… more biggatons of pokeymanz.

Yeah. I think that ultimately, it all comes back to the human element - the realities of people just living their lives and trying to get by. Too many authors try to make every situation as dramatic as possible, when they could instead be exploring the real consequences that would ensue. As you can probably tell from the dedications and all, this was a very personal story to me; it's strange to have finally completed it.

Thanks for reading, all.

Quick update for you all:
After some consideration regarding the end of this project and the start of the new one, I've decided that actually I'm not going to be posting the next thread next week, but that instead there will be a longer haitus for rest & to recharge the buffer a bit more. I'll update here when the next thread goes up.

Once again, thanks to you all for reading.

Back