The beeping slowed and stopped when we went away. Was it a false alarm, or was it a proximity mine or something?

"Agreed. I'll see if my drone will trip it."

So I sent my Combat Drone to where the beeping originated.

Traps. Traps everywhere. This kind of set-up can make anyone paranoid...
The beeping gets progressively faster until it explodes and destroys the drone.

I BLOODY KNEW IT

"Yep... shtill, we got by it a'right... jush' need teh keep bein' careful..."

I gesture to Legion to lead the way. As the shotgun demonstrated, in the scenario that we do trigger a trap, he's far better equipped to take it than I am.
I summoned a drone to replace the destroyed one, and had it go ahead to the open air as a scout. I then followed the drone, keeping Hobo close by and watching out for traps.

"I really don't like this creepy place. Traps everywhere..."

Last edited:
Last edited:
There is absolutely nothing.

It shows machinery far more complex than a normal vending machine should have. There are no items stored inside.
I start ripping out the machinery and throwing it at the hologram.
"The hell is my alcohol! I need it to make explosives, you bliddy transparent asshole!"
"Tch, nothing here."
I continued walking through the alleys.
"Hey Rize, where are you right now"
I summoned my machine gun and held it tight.
I respond while still throwing parts at the hologram.
"Inside somewhere. There's a bar nearby. Don't you have the ability to always know where your master is?"

"The hell is my alcohol! I need it to make explosives, you bliddy transparent asshole!"

"Inside somewhere. There's a bar nearby. Don't you have the ability to always know where your master is?"
The hologram turns red and starts firing lasers at you.

"Sure, I will go right now."

"Jeez, is this place a deathtrap or something?"
I jumped onto one of the buildings and jumped to another building, heading towards the bar.

The moment I saw the girl move to throw the machinery at the hologram I couldn't help but grimace.

I honestly couldn't see a scenario in which this was actually a good idea, and I really didn't want to see whether this thing had the whole place wired to blow.

Given my prior expectations, I was actually a bit relieved that the thing just fired lasers at the cannibal. But I couldn't afford to let it kill my ally, not here, not when I was still so far from getting back home.

So in an instant Ko-chan shifted into his morningstar form and I threw it at the hologram.

The moment I saw the girl move to throw the machinery at the hologram I couldn't help but grimace.

I honestly couldn't see a scenario in which this was actually a good idea, and I really didn't want to see whether this thing had the whole place wired to blow.

Given my prior expectations, I was actually a bit relieved that the thing just fired lasers at the cannibal. But I couldn't afford to let it kill my ally, not here, not when I was still so far from getting back home.

So in an instant Ko-chan shifted into his morningstar form and I threw it at the hologram.
It passes through the hologram doing nothing.

'Well, that was dissapointing.' I thought as Ko-chan transformed back into his bat-form and flew back to my shoulder.

@Estro
"So, you wanna just wreck the place?"
"I am really loving the way you think. How about we start with... eh, let's just wreck everything near us. And hope we find everyone else in the mess."
My three avalible tentacles rip into the wooden bar, shredding it.

'Well, that was dissapointing.' I thought as Ko-chan transformed back into his bat-form and flew back to my shoulder.

@Estro
"So, you wanna just wreck the place?"
"I am really loving the way you think. How about we start with... eh, let's just wreck everything near us. And hope we find everyone else in the mess."
My three avalible tentacles rip into the wooden bar, shredding it.
The hologram adjusts its aim and fires at your faces.

Back