We Are Alone: A Space Settlement Quest(Dropped)

[X] (A.I Leadership) Close the distance to broadcast the activation signal…
[X] Land in one of the largest island in the planet we here to colonize a planet not set up space habits
[X] Vor and Svalinn

[X] Set up a colony space station
[X] Vor and Svalinn

[X] Initiate the retrieval process…
[X] Set up a colony space station
[X] Vor and Svalinn

Yeah untill we know why probes turn off we can try landing and risking entire mission being affected.

[X] Land in the moon
[X] Oceanus (Planet) & Pindar (Moon)

Seeing as we're naming the system after the Greek perception of the afterlife, might as well name the celestial bodies after people and landmarks within or related to it. Oceanus is the Titan God of the Oceanus River, which was said to envelop the entirety of the world, while Pindar was a great philosopher who wrote about Elysium.

As for the actual choices themselves, I decided to go for the AI leadership option since it offers the most benefits for the least cost; while it might not succeed, it would not risk punting Mario-1 into the sun, and would provide some valuable experience for the AI regardless of success. Our colony location is a more complicated choice, especially considering how habitable Elysium-3 is. I would say building a space station would be a poor choice; of course there's the drawbacks presented within the turn itself (expensive to build in comparison with the materials we have, cramped living spaces etc.), but also take into account that in open space it would be easier for a meteorite or other object to crash into the colony (moon might have some form of natural caverns to build inside of, planet has a atmosphere which would vaporize any insignificant debris). The planet is quite tempting, but I would also pass on settling there for now, considering that we know little about the planet itself aside from the obvious.

Last edited:
[X] Land in one of the largest island in the planet we here to colonize a planet not set up space habits
[X] Vor and Svalinn

You are ignoring content by this member.
Alright so I have determined a secret DC for each options regarding where the colony is gonna be set up, the Die is d100…the DC vary for each but you don't want to either meet or beat! :3

Last edited:

lol seriously, who the hell flies across interstellar space only to set up a space station? We can do that back in Sol.

Eh, if you think the planet's security system or atmosphere has decent odds of destroying your ship or trapping you down there you might decide to hold off and learn more. If I found out my Airbnb had a unmentioned cemetery attached to it and the entire place was covered in dust and blood I might choose to go somewhere else even if it cost me some more money.

Quest is so new we don't really have any idea what's going on or how far and strong the effects we're seeing go.

Did you even read what happened to Kirby-3 my dude?

Sure. But our ship is bigger and can eat a couple point defense laser blasts or whatever; the amount of bitching and whining from the colonists when they find out we're landing on a low-g airless rock instead of a nice shirt-sleeve 1g garden world is going to be on the level of "let's remove the stupid AI's circuit boards".

Sure. But our ship is bigger and can eat a couple point defense laser blasts or whatever; the amount of bitching and whining from the colonists when they find out we're landing on a low-g airless rock instead of a nice shirt-sleeve 1g garden world is going to be on the level of "let's remove the stupid AI's circuit boards".
It's painfully obvious you didn't actually read what happened, let me remind you with a quote.
Thus the probe continues its course to the planet, but before it can establish an orbit the probe begins to send multiple technical errors. Before the engineers could determine the issues, the probe abruptly shuts down…multiple attempts to reestablish connection are proven futile as another probe sends a live feed of Kirby-3 rapidly heading closer to the planet. Nothing can be done as everyone in the room watches the probe beginning to pierce the upper atmosphere in a ball of fire, before eventually crashing to the ocean. No further data was gained from it.

I just really don't want to rebuild from the crashed remnants of our colony ship

I guess since the QM is giving them as options, it can be assumed that we have the equipment to construct a viable space or lunar habitat. But both of those are severely limiting; and the lunar option is explicitly called out as "maybe the same thing that nailed the probe will nail us if we try to land on the moon as well". So I don't really see the lunar option as a reduced risk, and the space station option is a great way to wind up with a bunch of people running around a decaying and de-orbiting spaceship eating each other.

Would expect people who can fly to another system to understand orbital mechanics…

Also Mass Effect 3 was a space quest and look at some of the ways that ended :D

Last edited:
Back