WARHAMMER 40,000: SPOTTER (Longshot Fix It Quest)

[X] "Do you have access to T'au records? As I said, I'm looking for someone."

Last edited:
[x] "Do you have access to T'au records? As I said, I'm looking for someone."

Sending a drone will likely ends up with it being shot

[X] "That drone of yours, can it find a body?"

The other two are good, but I want to keep them together for the moment. They'll be time for the other stuff later.

[X ] "That drone of yours, can it find a body?"
[X ] "That drone of yours, can it find a body?"
Y'all need to get the space out of your [X] if you want your votes to be counted.
First vote! In the actual novel, hereafter known as the IMPERIAL PROPAGANDA DRECK, poor Darya was forced by the evil author into switching back to the imperial side in complete defiance of her entire character arc and motivations, becoming a hollow paper cutout whose interiority is crushed in favour of ten pages of stupid action and a Commissar actually saying the fucking line "The tau do not have a monopoly on the Greater Good". LIKE?!?!?
Is the rest of the book worth the read, assuming I go straight from the penpenpenpenpenpenpenpenpenultimate page to here? Some of these vote options seem like I'd benefit from knowing who all these people are.

Y'all need to get the space out of your [X] if you want your votes to be counted.

Is the rest of the book worth the read, assuming I go straight from the penpenpenpenpenpenpenpenpenultimate page to here? Some of these vote options seem like I'd benefit from knowing who all these people are.
while the prose was nothing special and there's a messy sideplot taking up a third of the book that is really not needed, Darya's story was honestly it was pretty engaging right up until they fucking ruined it

then again, "heavily traumatized cool lady grapples with religious guilt and confusion about her role in the imperial machine" is very much aimed at all my fucking weakpoints lol

Erika says it's one of the best 40k books she ever read until the ending, so, yes! though, S'wei is a character of my invention. Only dragon cobolt is brave enough to go, "what if there was a super gay t'au girl?"

i will note we are not running it *exactly* as it went in Longshot even before the point of divergence; we're going to make everything relevant gets touched on in the lead-up though

Is it? It looks to me like that option is Nevic making up an excuse to get S'wei to bugger off back behind friendly lines and leave her alone to brood rather than sending her off to get headlight fluid.

It might just be more funny in my head then in actuality. But like its like some weary boss finding out they suddenly have an overeager intern and wanting them out of their hair? Which probably not how it would actually be written if that scene had happened, but its what my brain gave me upon reading the vote option.

[x] "...I'd kill for some rekaff. I think there's some back at the camp." She paused. "It'd be better if you went."

I'm sure there's a very scientific and reasonable explanation for why that man is screaming fire out of his eyeballs. Defintiely! I'm sure humans just do that sometimes!

Fam, I just like the idea of S'wei dealing with the absolute clusterfuck that is the Imperium's abuse of psykers.

Last edited:
Back